KingdomAU

WolfAU & KingdomAU Drabbles!

Joshua, Chanyeol, Ren, Sehun, and Sehun's son Sungjin's Birthdays



Birthdays in Joshua's and Sungjin's house weren't too special, having grown up in a poor town. They didn't have much but it was the little things that counted. It was right after Christmas but Joshua didn't complain when he didn't get presents on his birthday. Spending time with family and friends was enough for him.

Sungjin wanted to make the day special this year, as Joshua was finally turning 6, the age where their parents deemed him ready to work on the small farm they owned and was their main source of income. Sungjin had found something really special when the traders from the capitol came to trade goods for food.

Wonpil and Dowoon had come to see Sungjin about celebrating Joshua's birthday as he ran errands around town. "What'd you get him hyung?" Asked Wonpil. "You'll see," said Sungjin as he looked proud. "I found it with the merchants that came through before Christmas," he said. "We'll have a small party right? I don't like big crowds," said Dowoon. "Of course, it's just us, Brian and Jae," said Sungjin.

Their parents left Sungjin and Joshua alone for the afternoon, trusting Sungjin to take care of his younger brother as they had fun and played games with the others. Sungjin brought out his guitar to sing happy birthday with the others, Dowoon making a beat on the couch.

"Make a wish!" Said Sungjin as the song ended. Joshua took a second before blowing out the candles and everyone cheered. Jae, being the oldest, went to cut the cake, and everyone got their share of cake before Sungjin went to get Joshua's one present.

"You didn't need to get me a present hyung," said Joshua as Sungjin walked back over with a box. "Don't worry, this is for you," said Sungjin as he handed Joshua the box. Joshua opened the box, spotting the orb inside.

"I think you have an affinity for magic," explained Sungjin as Joshua picked up the orb. "I see," said Joshua as he examined it, watching as it floated up from his hand before going to float just behind his left shoulder. "And it accepts you!" Cheered Sungjin. Joshua grinned, getting up and tackling Sungjin. "Thank you!" He shouted. Sungjin laughs as he fell back onto the couch.

 

~



Joshua looked at the first orb that had been a gift from Sungjin. "Do you think I should gift it to him Kris?" He asked. "I see he has an affinity for magic like you," came Kris's voice in his mind. "It is your nephew's birthday after all," he said. Joshua hummed, nodding as he let the orb disappear, his current orb appearing and going to float behind his left shoulder.

Chanyeol and Jongdae's birthdays were celebrated with Joshua and the rest of the guard and Joshua's wife Rose. Jongdae had said that he wasn't going to be in the guard, but he was going to be in the military to finish his two years of service. They were both turning 16, and Joshua found it as the best moment for him to give Chanyeol his first orb.

"Chanyeol," said Joshua as he finally got time alone with his favorite nephew. "Yeah?" Asked Chanyeol. "I have a present for you," said Joshua. "I've noticed that you have an affinity for magic," he said. "I do?" Asked Chanyeol. "Yes, and it seems Kris thinks you might be a lightning user," said Joshua. Chanyeol blinked in surprise.

Joshua summoned his first orb, holding it in his hand as he held it in front of him. "Will you accept this?" He asked. Chanyeol looked at it. "Is this the first orb that father gave you?" He asked. Joshua nodded. "Yes," he said. "Then yes, I will take it," said Chanyeol as he held out his hand. Joshua passed the orb to Chanyeol, smiling when the orb immediately went to float just behind Chanyeol's left shoulder. "Take care of it," said Joshua. "I will," said Chanyeol as he grinned.

 

~



Chanyeol leaned down in front of the boy Ren had found, looking concerned. "What's your name?" Asked Chanyeol. "A-Aron," said Aron. "Come on," said Chanyeol as he held out a hand. "Let's get you cleaned up and you can join Ren and I for his birthday okay?" He asked. Aron looked up, wiping his face. "Are you sure?" He asked. Chanyeol looked back at his nephew Ren. Ren nodded. "Yes!" Said Ren. "I think you'll like the food, you're too skinny and need to eat," he said. Aron sniffled before nodding, grabbing Chanyeol's hand. Chanyeol stood, helping Aron stand and smiled at Ren. "Lead the way home okay?" He asked. Ren nodded and ran out of the alleyway. Chanyeol laughs as he followed after Ren with Aron.

"Oi, Ren's picking up on a lot of things even before getting his orb," came Chen's voice. Chanyeol hummed, nodding slightly. "Well, let's get you cleaned up," he said as he reached the apartment. Ren was waiting for them at the apartment door and Chanyeol opened the door to find the others waiting on them.

"A quick few minutes please? It seems Ren decided to bring along a new friend," said Chanyeol. "A new friend?" Asked JR. "This is Aron, please let him stay for the food," said Ren as he bowed. "It's your party Ren," said Minhyun as he smiled. "That's right Ren," said Kyungsoo as he walked over with Yixing. "Let's get you cleaned up," said Chanyeol as he turned to Aron, who was staring wide eyed at everyone. Aron nodded shyly, causing the adults to chuckle before Yixing went to check him over and take him to the bathroom to get him to shower and change clothes.

The party resumed like normal, and Aron soon joined them for the fun, enjoying the party and just having fun in general. Aron pigged out on the food, and instead of getting scolded everyone encouraged him to eat more. Ren had been right, Aron was too skinny and everyone wanted to make sure he had enough food.

When it came time to open up the presents, Aron felt bad because he didn't have anything. "It's okay, Ren invited you last minute," said Chanyeol as he shook his head. "I still feel bad though," said Aron. "You can get me something next year!" Said Ren. "It's okay, really," he said. Aron nodded.

After the presents were given to Ren Chanyeol went last, leaning down in front of him. "Well," said Chanyeol as he smiled. "I think I'm going to give you something that was passed down from my own uncle," he said. "Which was given to him from my father," he said. Ren blinked in surprise.

Chanyeol summoned his first orb, holding out in front of him as it dropped into his hand. "I know you have an affinity for magic, Chen himself has said so many times before," he said. "So will you accept this?" He asked. Ren nodded. "Yes," he said, holding out his hand. Chanyeol transferred the orb to Ren, watching as it went to float behind his left shoulder. "Take care of it okay?" He asked. Ren nodded. "I will," he said, grinning.

 

~



Ren sighed as he found himself standing in front of his son Sehun. Sehun's wolf Aron was continuously following him around now and Ren couldn't help but feel a sense of deja vu as memories of when Aron had found his wolf Baekhyun and Baekhyun had followed Aron around.

"Happy birthday kid," said Ren as he put a hand on Sehun's shoulder. "Thanks papa," said Sehun. "I'm going to give you this gift before I head down to the southern outpost okay?" Asked Ren. Sehun nodded. Ren summoned his first orb, letting it drop into his outstretched hand. Sehun looked at it with wide eyes.

"Yes, I'm giving you your first orb," said Ren. "This one's been passed down from your great grand uncle, then your grand uncle, then it went to me," he said. "Take care of it okay?" He asked. "Pass it down," he said. Sehun nodded, reaching out his hand. Ren transferred the orb to Sehun, watching as it went to float behind Sehun's shoulder. "Happy birthday kiddo," said Ren as he grinned.

 

~



Sehun's son Sungjin's birthday was different. They were in a time of peace and yet Kris said that his own son didn't have an affinity for magic. No, in fact it had been his great grandfather's reincarnation. Training swords were the best for his son, and Sehun couldn't agree more.

After picking up Sungjin's present from the blacksmith Sehun went to visit him at the training grounds. "Sungjin," called Sehun, causing Sungjin to run over with Taehyung and Jin. "Father!" Said Sungjin. "Happy birthday kiddo," said Sehun. "I have a present for you," he said, holding out the box.

"Training swords?" Asked Sungjin as he opened the box. "How'd you know I wanted these?" He asked, looking at Sehun. Sehun laughs. "I have a friend, remember," he said, summoning his orb. "Right," said Sungjin as he grinned. "Thank you!" He said, strapping the swords to his back in an x position before tackling Sehun. "You're welcome," said Sehun.