012

The Café by the Corner
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Jjaeyon-ah!”

 

 

Almost unable to breathe, Chaeyeon fluttered her eyes open to see an excited Sakura sitting on her abdomen. It was such a cute sight for Sakura to smile giddly while her hair was disheveled.

 

 

“Rise and shine, my love!” Sakura shouted as she sat Chaeyeon up. “Go wash up while I make some breakfast for your family. It’s the best I could do for them after being treated well yesterday.”

 

 

“Thanks Saku-chan.” Chaeyeon smiled as the Japanese made her way out of the room.

 

 

Chaeyeon wished that she would always wake up to Sakura’s smiling face every morning. Sakura’s happiness was what made her the happiest. Nothing matters more to her than Sakura.

 

 

Chaeyeon changed into a plain white tee accompanied with skinny jeans that ended above her ankles after washing up, and made her way down to the kitchen.

 

 

“Good morning Yeon-ah.” Her mother said, happily indulging in what Chaeyeon recognised as ‘Kkura Bread’. “My daughter-in-law is such a good cook!”

 

 

Chaeyeon’s eyes met Sakura’s the moment Chaeyeon’s mother stopped talking and red dusted both their cheeks, causing them to look away at the same time.

 

 

“Get a room guys!” Chaeryeong said as she walked into the kitchen. “I’m about to get diabetes!”

 

 

“Wait till you get a partner!” Chaeyeon shot back, not losing to her sister.

 

 

“Even if I get one, we won’t be like you.” Chaeryeong rolled her eyes and sat down across her mother.

 

 

Before Chaeyeon could retort back, her mother cleared , signaling both of them to stop before she punishes them. Chaeyeon had always gotten along well with her sisters. She just couldn’t hold back today since her girlfriend was around.

 

 

“Jjaeyon-ah, hurry up and eat before you are late for your school.” Sakura said and pulled out the chair for her. “I won’t be opening the café for awhile, so I can walk you to school.”

 

 

Chaeyeon nodded excitedly as she munched on her breakfast. The thought of Sakura sending her to school made her heart skip a beat. They totally sounded like newlyweds.

 

 

Finishing her food in a flash, Chaeyeon rushed up to her room to grab her bag before coming down again to put on her shoes.

 

 

“Such a kid.” Chaeryeong hissed as she walked out of the kitchen. “Your is definitely whipped, sis!”

 

 

“You’re just jealous.” Chaeyeon replied, receiving a click of the tongue from the younger one.

 

 

“Sakura-san, hit me up anytime if you get tired of my sister.” Chaeryeong smirked before heading back to her room to prepare for school.

 

 

While Sakura giggled at the sibling’s banter, Chaeyeon smiled to herself at her silly sister. She wasn’t confident that she could win her sister in looks, but she was confident that Sakura’s love for her wasn’t that weak. Even gravity wouldn’t be able to separate the two of them. That was how strong their love was.

 

 

“Let’s go!” Chaeyeon said as she finished wearing her black shoes.

 

 

“See you later, m-mother.” Sakura stuttered.

 

 

The lady had insisted for Sakura to address her as ‘mother’, just like Chaeyeon. Although it was still a little awkward, Chaeyeon was glad that her family was so accepting, unlike Sakura’s. Her blood boils just at the thought of her mother. How could someone be so cold and cruel to their own child?

 

 

“I’ll show you Chaeyeon’s baby pictures when you come back!” Chaeyeon’s mother called out snapping Chaeyeon out of her thoughts.

 

 

“Jjaeyon?” Sakura held her hand. “Are you okay?”

 

 

“Yeah… I’m just glad.” Chaeyeon said as she locked the door behind her.

 

 

The couple exchange glances and smiled, a little sadly. They knew what the other was thinking with just a look. Chaeyeon had never doubted that Sakura was her soulmate. Even if it was her first time dating, there was just something about Sakura that made her so sure about their love.

 

 

Silently, the two of them strolled to Chaeyeon’s school, enjoying being in each other’s presence. Despite knowing that Sakura promised not to leave her, Chaeyeon wondered how long she would be able to remain so peacefully with Sakura. Not that she was cursing for a breakup, but who knows what Sakura’s mother would do. Chaeyeon was sure that she wasn’t going to leave it like that. Sakura was her only daughter. And besides, she is rich.

 

 

“Jjaeyon.”

 

 

Chaeyeon almost knocked into Minjoo who was standing in front of her, outside the school gate.

 

 

“Are you really alright?” Sakura asked in concern. “You look pale.”

 

 

“Do you want to go home?” Minjoo added. “I can inform the teacher for you.”

 

 

“It’s fine.” Chaeyeon forced herself to smile. “See you at home, Saku-chan.”

 

 

Before Sakura could question further, Chaeyeon gave her a quick peck on her lips before pulling Minjoo into the campus with her.

 

 

“Hey.” Minjoo whispered. “Are you sure you should be leaving her like that? She will be worried.”

 

 

“Let’s go before we are late.” Chaeyeon ignored her and fastened her pace.

 

 

It was their private matters and even if Minjoo was her best friend, Chaeyeon wasn’t sure if she could share it with her. It was Sakura’s family matter and it was really personal.

 

 

“Unnie!” Chaeyeon called out to Eunbi who was walking by. “Will there be practice later?”

 

 

“Of course!” The older one said. “Did you spend too much time with Sakura that you forgot about the competition next week?”

 

 

“Oh right…” Chaeyeon knocked her head a few times. “I’m so sorry I forgot about it.”

 

 

“It’s fine, Chaeyeon-ah.” Eunbi gave her a light pat on her shoulders. “I got to go now. See y

Please log in to read the full chapter