009

The Café by the Corner
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The couple strided into the café, hand in hand, in their matching wear, earning coughs and smirks from everyone.

 

 

Chaeyeon could feel her cheeks burn and ducked her head, hiding behind Sakura in embarrassment. The older just laughed along and tighten her grip on the other’s hand.

 

 

“We’ll get diabetes soon!” Yena whined. “I don’t even want to know why you guys are late.”

 

 

Seriously? Chaeyeon thought. Yena should be the last person to be commenting that. If you ever saw how Yena and Yuri are like when they are not in public, it’s going to make you really sick.

 

 

“Saku-chan overslept. And you should see yourself with Yuri!” Chaeyeon threw back.

 

 

Yuri flushed red while Yena just gave a proud smirk, being comical as usual.

 

 

“Eunbi and the kids have yet to arrive.” Nako announced.

 

 

Everyone tried holding in their laughter when Nako called the tall Yujin and Wonyoung ‘kids’. It was a strange and funny feeling. If Nako were to stand beside them, she would look like the kid instead.

 

 

“I will give Yujin a call!” Minjoo volunteered a little too excitedly.

 

 

Chaeyeon snickered as the girl skipped her way out of the café to make the phone call. Who knows what else they would talk about. Chaeyeon definitely wouldn’t want to know, neither did the rest of the café.

 

 

“Have you had lunch, Nako-chan?” Eunbi gave the shortest a warm hug as she walked in. “I missed you so much!”

 

 

“Yes mom!” Nako giggled excitedly and snuggled further into Eunbi’s arms. “Have you?”

 

 

Eunbi gave a hum and rested her chin on the top of Nako’s head. Chaeyeon swore the two of them were closer than any mother and daughter. But it was such a cute sight neither of them minded it.

 

 

“Yujin said they wouldn’t be coming…” Minjoo said dejectedly as she walked back in. “Hello, Eunbi unnie.”

 

 

“Hi there Minjoo.” Eunbi chuckled. “I see you are whipped for Yujin!”

 

 

“I am not!” Minjoo denied strongly which was obviously a lie.

 

 

Everyone knew how Minjoo could be a tsundere when it comes to love. And especially when there is a An Yujin involved. Chaeyeon still questions her bestfriend’s taste in girls and wonders what she saw in Yujin that made her head over heels for her. Perhaps it was the cheesiness that spilled out whenever Yujin opened to speak.

 

 

“Let’s get started, shall we?” Sakura said as she pat Minjoo on her back.

 

 

The girls cheered in unison at the thought of pizza and chicken. Eunbi did the honor of ordering chicken and Sakura called for pizza earlier that morning.

 

 

“Chaewon and Hitomi, could you guys move the tables to the center and set it up? Thanks.” Sakura instructed. “Yena and Yuri can set up their games and… the rest of you find something to do, especially the two of you.”

 

 

They laughed when Sakura pointed at the inseparable Eunbi and Nako who were still stuck in a hug. Nako pouted cutely while Eunbi tried to do aegyo but failed.

 

 

“Unnie, you look like you lost a child.” Hyewon commented straightforwardly. “And Kkura-chan, I’m picking up Minami.”

 

 

Before anyone could even ask who was that, Hyewon was already out of the door. Chaeyeon looked at Sakura if she knew but the older just shrugged her shoulders.

 

 

“We will be in the kitchen~” Sakura sang and clung onto Chaeyeon’s arm, leading her away from the rest. “Don’t disturb us.”

 

 

Yena coughed exaggerating and faked a gag at the couple before walking over to Yuri to help. They didn’t prepare much, other than alcohol that were supposed to serve as the penalties for the games.

 

 

Sakura closed and locked the door behind them, giving Chaeyeon a random peck before heading to the cabinets to take out the ingredients. They planned to make Kkura-bread just in case there wasn’t enough pizza and chicken for everyone.

 

 

A kiss between the two was normal for the couple but Chaeyeon can’t help and blush whenever Sakura does it. The older just had an effect on whipped Chaeyeon.

 

 

“Jjaeyon-ah!” Sakura called out. “Pass me the eggs.”

 

 

Feeling a little too playful today, Chaeyeon walked up straight to Sakura and shaped her fluffy cheeks with her fingers into two circles.

 

 

“Here you go!”

 

 

Sakura giggled at the cute girl before pinching the other’s cheeks. It was rare for Chaeyeon to do aegyo randomly, and it really made Sakura’s heart flutter at the sight.

 

 

“Please pay up!” Chaeyeon exclaimed as she brought back the carton of eggs.

 

 

Sakura blushed when she realised the other’s face was an inch away. Giggling at her silliness, the older leaned forward a little more, connecting their lips together.

 

 

“I li

Please log in to read the full chapter