003

The Café by the Corner
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It was finally Saturday and Chaeyeon decided to sleep in to repair her sore muscles but a dreaded ringing woke her up. The girl was going to murder whoever it was, unless it was really important.

 

 

“...Hello?” Chaeyeon answered grumpily. “You better have a good reason for calling at 7 am on a Saturday.”

 

 

“I’m really sorry!”

 

 

Chaeyeon wanted take back whatever she said earlier as soon as she heard the familiar voice.

 

 

It was Sakura.

 

 

“Ah no!” Chaeyeon shouted anxiously. “I’m sorry for being rude!”

 

 

Soft giggles could be heard from the other side of the line. Chaeyeon didn’t know what was so funny. It still amazes her that the older is so hyper at such a timing.

 

 

“Jjaeyon, can you do me a favor?”

 

 

“Yes, of course!” Chaeyeon replied before Sakura could even explain.

 

 

The lovestruck girl was willing to doing anything for Sakura as long as she is happy.

 

 

“Could you come down to the café now?” Sakura sounded desperate. “Hi-chan is down with a fever and Nako, being her roommate, has to take care of her…”

 

 

Chaeyeon knew where this was going. She was supposed to take over them as a staff at the café. In her 18 years of her life, she has never part-timed before, hence she was really clueless about this.

 

 

“Kkura-chan…” Chaeyeon started. “I can come down but I don’t know what to do…”

 

 

“It’s fine Jjaeyon, you just need to key in the orders, I will handle the rest.” Sakura said. “Trust me.”

 

 

That was all Chaeyeon needed to hear for her to bolt out of bed and get changed.

 

 

“Give me 15 minutes.” Chaeyeon hung up before Sakura could even reply.

 

 

The two of them started texting since Chaeyeon got her number that day, mostly talking about cooking and their day. It was the first time Chaeyeon actually replied to someone within a minute. Yena is always complaining that she didn’t check her phone often, leading to late replies.

 

 

True to her words, Chaeyeon arrived at the café within fifteen minutes. The brunette decided to put on white button-up paired with jeans, trying to look a little formal for the job.

 

 

“Jjaeyon!” Sakura exclaimed and ran towards the taller.

 

 

In a rush, the older tripped over her own feet and almost landed on her face, if it’s not for Chaeyeon’s fast reflexes. The taller managed to stretch out her arms in time and caught Sakura in a hug.

 

 

“C-Careful there!” Chaeyeon stuttered as she released her embraced quickly, as if she touched fire.

 

 

Sakura didn’t seemed to mind the contact and thanked the other girl instead. Sakura seemed to have warmed up to Chaeyeon through their late night texts, but Chaeyeon was still a mess around Sakura.

 

 

Maybe it’s because she was afraid that Sakura could hear her fast beating heart.

 

 

“We open at 8.” Sakura said. “Would you like to help me in the kitchen?”

 

 

Chaeyeon’s ears perked up as soon as she heard the word ‘kitchen’. It has been long since Chaeyeon cooked anything, let alone baking pastries. But Sakura’s café was different. It didn’t sell pastries but instead, common food like kimbap, rice balls and such. Maybe it’s to make it an affordable café for students from the University.

 

 

Chaeyeon nodded excitedly and followed the giggling Sakura into the kitchen. Chaeyeon took in the sight of the clean kitchen and her eyes landed on a cute pink apron.

 

 

How I wish to see Sakura in that… Chaeyeon thought.

 

 

As if Sakura read her mind, the shorter looped the fabric around her body professionally. Chaeyeon could only gape at the sight, her thoughts running wild. Sakura is literally the perfect wife anyone could ever get.

 

 

“Here.” Sakura handed Chaeyeon a blue apron. “It’s Nako’s but you can use it.”

 

 

Chaeyeon shivered as their fingers touched when she grabbed the material. The younger seemed to be the only one affected as Sakura just went on preparing the ingredients needed.

 

 

The brunette sighed and put on her apron, only to realise she didn’t know how to wear it. Nako’s apron seemed to be different from the ones Chaeyeon had at home.

 

 

“Saku-chan?”

 

 

“Yes?” The said girl looked up to see Chaeyeon fighting with her apron. “Ah.”

 

 

Without warning, Sakura grabbed Chaeyeon’s hand and guided her in wearing the piece of  fabric. The latter was frozen on her spot as Sakura brought her arms behind her, before looping it in front again.

 

 

“There you go!” Sakura said as she leaned her chin onto Chaeyeon’s shoulder to get a view of the strings. “Finish it off with a nice ribbon!”

 

 

It’s amazing how Chaeyeon didn’t faint from the back hug that Sakura was giving her. Especially when her breath was tickling her neck. Chaeyeon almost whimpered when Sakura gave

Please log in to read the full chapter