005

The Café by the Corner
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Chaeyeon didn’t know how she was supposed to act when visiting someone’s house. She was never once invited into someone’s house. Her mother was sure surprised when Chaeyeon called back to inform her about the stayover.

 

 

“Jjaeyon?” Sakura giggled. “Please relax and take a seat.”

 

 

The younger looked extremely awkward as she stood stiffly in the middle of the room, watching Sakura go about the house, cleaning up the apartment.

 

 

“Coffee?”

 

 

“A-Anything from you, Saku-chan.” Chaeyeon smiled.

 

 

As Sakura headed into the kitchen to prepare the drinks for her guest, Chaeyeon walked to the short table located in front of the television.

 

 

“Japanese don’t seat with their legs crossed right?” The girl thought to herself before settling on a cushion, kneeling and sitting her calves.

 

 

“Here you go!” Sakura placed the tray onto the table. “These are senbei, Japanese rice crackers. They are delicious!”

 

 

Chaeyeon looked at the foreign objects curiously, before picking one up to try. True to her words, it tasted delicious, but Chaeyeon still preferred Sakura’s cooking.

 

 

“Have some too, Saku-chan.”

 

 

In response, Sakura laughed and just opened cutely at Chaeyeon, waiting for her to feed her. The cute image melted Chaeyeon’s heart. She definitely didn’t expect Sakura to do that.

 

 

Chaeyeon bravely moved her half-bitten senbei near Sakura’s mouth, expecting her to pout in response. Instead, the older didn’t seem to mind and just bit on it, her lips brushing against Chaeyeon’s fingers.

 

 

Shivers went down the brunette’s spine as soon as they made contact and she gasped. Embarrassed, she retracted her hand and placed them over her face.

 

 

Sakura giggled as Chaeyeon cutely peeped between her fingers, trying to monitor Sakura’s reaction. The younger was just so cute, Sakura wanted to pull her into a hug. And she did.

 

 

“Kawaii.” The shorter whispered into Chaeyeon’s ears, her hot breath hitting against her earlobes.

 

 

Chaeyeon tensed up. Did Sakura just called her cute? Not wanting to make things awkward, Chaeyeon lifted her shaking hands and wrapped them around Sakura, hugging back gently.

 

 

“Nani?” Chaeyeon replied in Japanese.

 

 

She learnt Japanese from her classmates, Momo and Sana, and she seemed to be doing an excellent job at it. Sakura was surprised by her reply and released the hug almost immediately.

 

 

“Jjaeyon can speak Japanese?”

 

 

“A little.” The taller laughed at Sakura’s shocked expression.

 

 

The older girl seemed to be relieved to know that Chaeyeon understood Japanese. Maybe the girl could help with her Korean. Sakura could speak the language, but those were only the basics, and she needs to get use to it as well. Since Nako and Hitomi are Japanese, Chaeyeon seemed to be the perfect partner to practice her Korean with.

 

 

“Do you want to watch a movie?” Sakura offered. “We can watch it in my room.”

 

 

“Um…”

 

 

Thinking back, neither of them showered yet. Chaeyeon definitely wanted a shower after a long day at school and at work. There was just one problem.

 

 

She didn’t have a change of clothes.

 

 

“Saku-chan?”

 

 

The short girl hummed as she brought the tray into the kitchen and cleared it.

 

 

“I don’t want to dirty your bed.” Chaeyeon said nervously, unsure of how to approach the topic. “I had a long day in school and at work…”

 

 

“Ah!” The girl chuckled. “You don’t have to worry about that. I can lend you my clothes if you want to take a shower.”

 

 

Sakura walked back into the common room and gestured for Chaeyeon to follow her, leading her to her closet in her bedroom.

 

 

“Here.” Sakura grabbed a set of sleepwear and handed it to Chaeyeon. “You can use that. I will set things up here.”

 

 

Chaeyeon nodded shyly and went ahead into the bathroom connected to Sakura’s room. As expected, the bathroom was clean and organised. Chaeyeon locked the door behind her before taking off her clothes and stepping under the shower head, relaxing her body as the warm droplets rained down.

 

 

After the slow relaxing bath, Chaeyeon stepped out of the shower only to realise she didn't get a towel from Sakura.

 

 

“Saku-chan?”

 

 

Chaeyeon started to panic when there was no reply.

Please log in to read the full chapter