004

The Café by the Corner
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chaeyeon couldn’t wait to report for work. Her slow lecturer was still going on and on about General Education class that was obviously common sense nowadays. As soon as the bell rung, the dancer flew up from her seat and dashed towards the exit.

 

 

Unfortunately, she was held back by one of her classmates.

 

 

“Chaeyeon, want to hang out?” Eunbi asked.

 

 

Eunbi was the class representative. She was good at dancing, almost on par with Chaeyeon and Momo. But she had double major, in Vocal and Dance, so she couldn’t focus much on dancing.

 

 

Behind Eunbi were two loud kids that seemed to be in their own world. Chaeyeon didn’t know them personally, but knew that they were popular in school. They were the only topic people talked about nowadays. The talented Yujin and Wonyoung who entered the University at an extremely young age.

 

 

“I… have work.” Chaeyeon apologised.

 

 

Eunbi looked disappointed while the other two tried to pout and did puppy eyes, in an attempt to change the dancer’s mind.

 

 

“Unnie said you were a really good dancer, so we were hoping to learn a thing or two from you…” The youngest, Wonyoung, said and did an irresistible aegyo.

 

 

“Um…” The brunette hesitated, not wanting to disappoint the trio. “How about you get something at my workplace, and I’ll show you some moves?”

 

 

Chaeyeon didn’t mind demonstrating her moves or even, teaching them. But all she wanted to do was to help Sakura get more business. And perhaps get a praise from her.

 

 

Being the reserved Japanese she is, Sakura rarely talks about herself. Chaeyeon was hoping to gain her trust and get to know her more. Now that Chaeyeon thought about it, she didn’t know anything about Sakura. What are the chances that she was already attached?

 

 

“Unnie?” Wonyoung asked cutely, obviously excited to learn. “Bring us there!”

 

 

Chaeyeon gave a sheepish smile and started the route to the café.

 

 

“So Chaeyeon.” Eunbi said as she looped her arm through Chaeyeon’s.

 

 

What? Chaeyeon thought. She didn't recall being so close to the older. In fact, they have only exchanged a few conversations, and they were all about dance.

 

 

“Since when did you work part-time? I’ve never heard about it.”

 

 

“Uh…”

 

 

Chaeyeon didn’t even tell her friends she was going to work at Sakura’s. The brunette was confused. Why would Eunbi know anything about her anyways?

 

 

“I just started today?” The taller responded awkwardly.

 

 

Was it just her or Eunbi was being flirty?

 

 

“Oh! Are they still hiring?” Chaeyeon shot Eunbi a questioning look.

 

 

Taking into consideration that Nako was a full-timer and Hitomi was a part-timer just like her, Sakura probably has all the help she needs.

 

 

“Probably not.” The taller answered a little too coldly.

 

 

Eunbi didn’t seem to mind the hostility from the younger. But she took note of how uncomfortable Chaeyeon looked and released her hold on her arm, giving an apologetic look.

 

 

“Sorry…” Eunbi scratched her head. “I tend to be over-friendly.”

 

 

“It’s fine. Thank you.” For once Chaeyeon gave a sincere smile.

 

 

Maybe Eunbi wasn’t that bad. It will be good to have a friend in her classes.

 

 

“We are here.” Chaeyeon announced as she saw the familiar pink exterior of her favourite spot.

 

 

“Finally! I’m starving!” Yujin exclaimed as she pushed the door open.

 

 

“You better order more!” Eunbi laughed.

 

 

They were greeted by Nako, who seemed shocked at the sudden liveliness in the café.

 

 

“Oh Chaeyeon!” The tiny girl called out. “Kkura-chan is waiting for you in the kitchen.”

 

 

Chaeyeon beamed at the sentence and headed into the kitchen in excitement, completely forgotten about her new friends. Eunbi was amazed at how hyped the girl was. She had never seen her like that, not even during dance classes.

 

 

“Kkura-chan!” Chaeyeon entered the kitchen to see Sakura preparing french toast.

 

 

“Jjaeyon!” Sakura eye-smiled as she saw the other. “You must be hungry right? Take a seat first.”

 

 

The taller took a seat behind the kitchen table as she watched Sakura cook, looking like a love struck puppy. It warmed Chaeyeon’s heart to learn that Sakura was waiting for her, and even, prepared her lunch. The scene somehow reminded Chaeyeon of newlyweds, and the girl could only blush at her thoughts.

 

 

“Oh? Is that ‘Chaeyeon’s special order’ I smell?”

 

 

After visit the shop many times, Chaeyeon could identify the menu just by their smell. And Sakura was definitely impressed each time Chaeyeon managed to get it right.

 

 

Sakura just giggled as she finished her masterpiece, scooping them onto a plate and serving them to Chaeyeon.

 

 

“Looking good!” Chaeyeon complimented, painting a blush on Sakura’s cheeks.

 

 

The older playfully slapped Chaeyeon’s shoulders before taking a piece of their lunch.

 

 

“Leave some for Nako too.” Sakura reminded.

 

 

“I’m glad you still have me in your heart.” The said girl commented as she made her way into the kitchen. “Here.”

 

 

Sakura stuffed the remainings of her food into and proceeded to make the orders on the list.

 

 

“I’ve served them their drinks.” Nako said. “Get changed and you can start by helping Kkura-chan in the kitchen.”

 

 

Chaeyeon nodded and took the paper bag from Nako. Familiar pink fabric peeked out of the bag and Chaeyeon wondered how they figured out her size.

 

 

“No peeking!” Chaeyeon teased Sakura as she went into the changing room connected to the kitchen.

 

 

Sakura blushed and whined before going back to cooking, internally laughing at the younger.

 

 

“Get a room guys!” Nako said as she finish washing the plate and headed back outside.

 

 

Chaeyeon got out of the changing room with pi

Please log in to read the full chapter