007

The Café by the Corner
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Eunbi couldn’t help but cough teasingly everytime Sakura and Chaeyeon were within five feets from each other. It was obvious from the awkward tension between the two of them that they were finally together.

 

 

The older turned bright red whenever Chaeyeon bumped into her, or even just poking her head into the kitchen and saying the orders.

 

 

It was nearing the performance time and everyone that was supposedly here had turned up other than Minju. Chaeyeon was annoyed but worried that something might have happened to her. Minju wasn’t the type to be late.

 

 

“Yena could you give Minju a call?” Chaeyeon called out as she passed their table.

 

 

It was a really busy despite Nako and Hitomi both being present. Chaeyeon had to help tend the counter while the other two served the food. The customers seem to have heard about the performance and came to support.

 

 

“I’m so sorry I’m late guys!”

 

 

Chaeyeon looked over to the entrance to see the one and only friend that they were just talking about.

 

 

“I had to get a little surprise~” The usually quiet girl seemed to be very much excited, skipping her way to the table of friends.

 

 

The dancer rolled her eyes and continued her job. It was already fifteen minutes to the start of the performance and Chaeyeon was literally sweating buckets.

 

 

The brunette was more nervous after Sakura confessed and they got together. What if she mess up and Sakura decides to go back to Hyewon?

 

 

Speaking about Hyewon, the girl was nowhere to be seen. She left the café saying that she had something to do but will be back in time.

 

 

“Jjaeyon, is Hyewon back yet?” Sakura asked as she came out of the kitchen. “Oh and you can go in and prepare now.”

 

 

Chaeyeon shook her head before leading Sakura back into the kitchen. Closing the door, the taller embraced Sakura in a firm hug. Sakura could literally feel the girl shaking in her arms. Was Chaeyeon that nervous?

 

 

“You’re the best, Jjaeyon-ah.” Sakura whispered and held the younger’s hand in hers, it to calm her down. “I love your dance.”

 

 

Before Chaeyeon could reply, the kitchen door burst open with a panting Hyewon staring at the couple. As if it burned, Sakura pushed Chaeyeon away at light’s speed, almost throwing her at Hyewon.

 

 

“W-What?” Chaeyeon gasped as she stumbled back.

 

 

Turning around to see Hyewon, she rolled her eyes before heading out of the kitchen, not wanting to see the two of them together. Chaeyeon knows she shouldn’t be so jealous but she couldn't help it. The fact that Sakura used to like Hyewon was stuck in her mind and nothing could ease her worries.

 

 

“Jjaeyon!”

 

 

The older was stopped by Hyewon on her way out of the kitchen and she even closed the door. Chaeyeon was more annoyed at the fact that Sakura allowed Hyewon to control her like that. Whatever reason she had, it was the best that the two sat down and talk after work.

 

 

“Chaeyeon, I’ve been looking for you!” Eunbi shouted in the direction of the kitchen.

 

 

The shorter was definitely angry at Sakura for causing a fight right after getting together. Well Chaeyeon might have been too jealous, but Sakura should have known how she felt towards Hyewon.

 

 

“Let’s get revenge.” Chaeyeon mumbled, making Yena smirk.

 

 

“Are you sure?” Eunbi asked in concern.

 

 

Being the oldest, Eunbi knew that revenge wasn’t solution to anything. But seeing Chaeyeon’s firm and determined nod, the girl agreed to play along to their act.

 

 

“Guys you are up in 5 mins.” Nako said as she ushered them to the side of the stage. “Double check everything in case anything goes wrong.”

 

 

Chaeyeon hummed in response and followed Eunbi to the mini stage. More than nervous, she was determined to give Sakura a taste of her own medicine. But there isn’t any point to that if the Japanese girl wasn’t even around to watch her dance.

 

 

“Where’s Kkura-chan?” Eunbi asked Hitomi, who was passing by.

 

 

“She will come out later…” The café staff said. “She’s busy… helping Hyewon set up.”

 

 

Chaeyeon bit her lips and went up to the stage, despite having two minutes to spare before the start of her performance.

 

 

“Chaey-”

 

 

“Good evening.” Chaeye

Please log in to read the full chapter