006

The Café by the Corner
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Days have passed since Chaeyeon’s sleepover at Sakura’s apartment and the dancer was getting used to her part-time job at the café. Business was getting better since Chaeyeon joined the crew, and they even had regulars from the University.

 

 

On her off-days, Chaeyeon would drag Minju, Yena and Yuri to the café to eat. But Chaeyeon was there to watch Sakura.

 

 

Their friendship has been blossoming smoothly and the two seemed to be closer than Yena and Yuri. But it wasn’t progressing according to Chaeyeon’s plan - Sakura treated her as a close friend.

 

 

“Jjaeyon!” Sakura walked over to their table. “Great timing!”

 

 

Yena smirked and pouted her lips like a duck, trying her best now to laugh at Chaeyeon’s lovestruck expression. It was clear to literally everyone, even most of the regulars of the café, that Chaeyeon liked Sakura. Chaewon, one of the new regulars, even asked Sakura if they were dating. Chaeyeon was heartbroken when Sakura answered a ‘no’ almost immediately.

 

 

“Saku-chan.” The dancer smiled in response.

 

 

“There will be a small performance here this Saturday.” The café owner said. “I would like you to perform!”

 

 

Was Sakura serious? Chaeyeon had performed in front of large crowds many a time, but she wasn’t that sure if she could do it here. Literally everyone knew of her. It would be so embarrassing if she made a mistake.

 

 

“My friend will also be performing!” Sakura said excitedly.

 

 

Friend? Who was it? Sakura sounded more like she was bringing her girlfriend to meet her parents. Whoever it was, Chaeyeon was sure jealous of her.

 

 

“Sure thing, Kkura-chan!” Minju replied for Chaeyeon, when the latter was in deep thoughts.

 

 

Before Chaeyeon could protest, Sakura was already entering the kitchen.

 

 

“Minju!”

 

 

“You were jealous right!” Yena laughed, changing the topic. “Your face was priceless when Sakura mentioned her friend.”

 

 

Minju just laughed along with Yena while Yuri patted Chaeyeon’s shoulders, trying to comfort her.

 

 

“You better do something that will sweep Sakura off her feet!” Yena exclaimed, a little too loudly.

 

 

The whole café had their eyes on Chaeyeon, smirking. Hitomi just stood at the counter and laughed. Chaeyeon was lucky Sakura was in the kitchen cooking, but she can’t be too sure if the older heard Yena.

 

 

“Shut up!” Chaeyeon was really red from embarrassment. “And… I think she has a girlfriend already. That ‘friend’ that is going to perform.”

 

 

“How sure can you be?” Yuri said. “Let’s ask Hitomi!”

 

 

The café staff that happened to pass by their table was stopped by Yena’s strong hold.

 

 

“Hi-chan!” Yuri greeted. “Is Kkura-chan dating?”

 

 

Chaeyeon wanted to slap the girl for her straightforwardness. Hitomi was definitely surprised by the question, her eyes going wider than tennis balls.

 

 

“Ehh?”

 

 

The trio just stared at Hitomi while Chaeyeon was looking for a hole to hide into. Her friends were too passionate in helping her love life.

 

 

“She’s not dating.” Hitomi’s sentence made the table cheer loudly, earning a second round of attention from the entire café. “But she likes Hyewon…”

 

 

Hyewon? Was that the name of her friend that will be coming? Chaeyeon didn’t care who this girl was. All she knew was that it hurt as hell to hear that Sakura liked someone other than her.

 

 

“Chae...yeon?” Minju said and patted the dancer’s shoulders.

 

 

“Unnie!” Hitomi hugged her in concern. “I’m pretty sure she likes you… She just can’t get over Hyewon I guess.”

 

 

“I hope so…”

 

 

“Who is this Hyewon though?” Yena asked on behalf of Chaeyeon.

 

 

Hitomi sighed and took a seat. The two of them were already best friends before Hitomi joined, but Sakura had told Nako and her about them after Hyewon left.

 

 

“She opened this café together with Sakura…” The Japanese started. “I don’t know about their relationship before I joined, but according to Sakura, she was having a one-sided crush on her.

 

 

“But they acted like lovers, despite the fact that they weren’t together. But one day Hyewon left, saying that she was going to study in Singapore. And Sakura didn’t know about it until she was on the plane.”

 

 

The girls gasped at Hitomi’s words, not expecting such dramatic history between the two of them.

 

 

“She didn’t seemed like the person who would do that, I guess she had her own reasons… Sakura was definitely heartbroken, but as you can see, she still likes her.”

 

 

“How do you know that she likes Chaeyeon?” Yena asked.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter