002

The Café by the Corner
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chaeyeon ended up in front of the pink cozy café before she could process where her legs were bringing her.

 

 

It was just two days since she saw Sakura, and she is already missing her.

 

 

Bells jingled in invitation as Chaeyeon swung the glass door open, excited to see the café owner. The brunette headed straight for the counter and scanned the menu for the first time.

 

 

“Welcome! How can I help you, unnie?”

 

 

Chaeyeon looked up to see her junior smiling brightly.

 

 

“Ah. Hi-chan.” Disappointment filled Chaeyeon’s words and Hitomi understood why. “I’ll just get a cup of coffee. Thanks.”

 

 

“And a Sakura on the side?” The younger teased.

 

 

Chaeyeon can’t believe the younger was doing that to her. Was her attraction towards Sakura that obvious? Does that mean Sakura knew as well?

 

 

“Yes?” A voice spoke behind the door. “Did you call for me Hi-chan?”

 

 

Chaeyeon panicked as she saw a figure emerging behind the door.

 

 

Sakura had her short hair tied up in to a ponytail, revealing her charming ears and exposing her nape. Chaeyeon felt herself drool at the sight. She was exceptionally beautiful today.

 

 

“Close your mouth, unnie!” Hitomi whispered before Chaeyeon makes a mess of herself.

 

 

Chaeyeon covered in embarrassment and check for drool discreetly.

 

 

“Hi… Jjaeyon.” Sakura greeted. “‘Kkura Bread’?”

 

 

It’s funny how Sakura is reminded of ‘Kkura Bread’ everytime she sees Chaeyeon. And it’s cute how Sakura tried her best to pronounce Chaeyeon’s name only to fail adorably.

 

 

Till this day, it is still unknown to Chaeyeon how the café staff knew of her name. Hitomi was not even here the first time she visited. Nako probably sneaked a peek at her file while she was concentrating on her work.

 

 

“Jjaeyon?”

 

 

“Huh?” The girl snapped out of her trance.

 

 

“What can we get you?” Hitomi kindly repeated. “And it’s Chaeyeon, Kkura-chan.”

 

 

Sakura was embarrassed. She had been calling the other so confidently she didn’t realised she pronounced it wrongly.

 

 

“J-Jjaeyeon?” The older tried again, tilting her head in confusion.

 

 

The cute action shot an arrow straight at Chaeyeon’s fast-beating heart. For the second time that day, her jaw dropped unconsciously, almost letting drool escape from the corner.

 

 

“Can I have… you…” Chaeyeon started off, her brain unable to process.

 

 

Sakura went bright red at Chaeyeon’s words, not knowing how to react.

 

 

“I think she meant your recommendation.” Hitomi covered up, obviously unable to stand the thick tension between the two of them. “Other than ‘Kkura Bread’ that is.”

 

 

“Uh yes.” Chaeyeon laughed awkwardly when she finally realised what she said.

 

 

She prayed hard that the other didn’t find her weird or even, feel disgusted. But Sakura didn’t seem to be the judgemental type. And definitely not homophobic. She seemed to be jealous of Yena and Yuri, just like how Chaeyeon did.

 

 

“Oh o-of course!” Sakura smiled. “I just created a new recipe. W-Would you like to be my first?”

 

 

Chaeyeon knew that wasn’t what the girl meant, but she couldn’t help but think of it in that way. And of course Hitomi, being the innocent little bread-lover, didn’t realise it either. Sakura wasn’t fluent in Korean so she had no idea what she just implied.

 

 

“Um, s-sure.”

 

 

The two staff only stared at Chaeyeon in confusion, as her face turned red. The tallest just bowed in embarrassment before heading to an empty seat, calming herself down with her coffee. How on earth can someone look so hot yet cute at the same time?

 

 

The brunette decided to go with Plan A, which was to subtly flirt everyday, but it seems like her mind went into overdrive everytime she sees Sakura, and just went ahead with all out flirting. But that seemed to work as well, judging from how Sakura got flustered and embarrassed everytime Chaeyeon acted like that.

 

 

Chaeyeon decided to indulge herself in cooking videos before her thoughts ran any further. Looking at the finished products just made Chaeyeon excited about cooking it herself. Maybe I should whip a lunch box for Sakura one day… The brunette thought.

 

 

“You like cooking too?” The voice from behind startled Chaeyeon, causing her to jump.

 

 

Chaeyeon looked over her shoulders and saw Sakura with a plate of food. Giving a nervous smile, the older set it on the table before taking her seat in front of the other.

 

 

“It makes me more nervous to know that a cook is about to taste my new creation.” Sakura confessed, and the sight of her sheepish smile had Chaeyeon melting into a puddle.

 

 

“Whatever made by you is definitely delicious, Kkura-chan.” Chaeyeon said smoothly, wanting to call Sakura by her nickname too. “Have more confidence in yourself.”

 

 

Sakura almost knocked over Chaeyeon’s coffee at her nickname, but she still gave a heartwarming smile in response, watching Chaeyeon bite into her new creation. It was simply french toast with a mix of string cheese, ham and various spices, which had tastes that compliment each other well.

 

 

“How is it, Jjaeyon?” Sakura was still st

Please log in to read the full chapter