011

The Café by the Corner
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Sir?” Sakura hissed. “Why are we here?”

 

 

“You should know well, young master.” The man said an turned around.

 

 

“Saku-chan?” Chaeyeon stirred awake. “Where are we?”

 

 

“We are at my parent’s place.” Sakura spoke gently before her tone changed. “Daehwi. How could you do this to me?”

 

 

“I’m sorry young master. I was instructed by your mother to bring you and your… girlfriend here.”

 

 

“Should have known…” Sakura muttered. “Nothing can get pass her.”

 

 

Chaeyeon was very confused. All she remembered was that they were on their way home, happily. And now, they were suddenly at Sakura’s parents’ house. On top of that, the younger still wasn’t completely sober.

 

 

“Saku-chan?” Chaeyeon looked to her lover in concern. “Is everything fine?”

 

 

The Korean knew nothing was fine. Sakura was acting calm. She could feel it. Sakura’s hands were clenched and she was shaking. It’s a mystery for Chaeyeon: Why was Sakura having such a big reaction?

 

 

Definitely Chaeyeon wasn’t ready to meet her parents, especially when she is drunk, and she knew Sakura thought the same. But somehow, she knew that Sakura’s internal panic wasn’t due to that.

 

 

“Jjaeyon?” Sakura finally let out a shaky breath. “Will you promise me?”

 

 

The older paused and looked at Chaeyeon for confirmation. Chaeyeon just nodded. The younger was willing to do anything for her.

 

 

Chaeyeon was whipped.

 

 

“No matter what happens later, I want you to just stay quiet and not do anything.” Sakura revealed. “That’s all I’m asking. Leave it to me.”

 

 

Before Chaeyeon could react, Sakura had already led her out of the cab and in front of the huge gate.

 

 

Scanning the whole house, Chaeyeon’s legs almost gave way at the size of it. She had always thought that the apartment Sakura was living alone in was big, but she was wrong. It couldn’t even be compared to their house. It was literally ten times bigger.

 

 

“Saku-chan.” Chaeyeon said, barely above a whisper. “Am I missing something?”

 

 

It didn’t take long for Chaeyeon to put two and two together. If Sakura had a huge apartment for herself, a butler and her parents owned an enormous building as their house, and it was even out of their country, that could only mean that Sakura was filthy rich.

 

 

Why have Chaeyeon never thought about it? Was it even possible for her to own such a huge apartment just with her earnings from the small café itself?

 

 

“I…” Sakura sighed. “This wasn’t how I was planning to tell you. I promise, I will explain everything later.”

 

 

Chaeyeon just nodded and slid her hand into Sakura’s, trying to calm her down.

 

 

Daehwi led the two of them into the building and invited them to settle down on the couch, before her left to get Sakura’s mother.

 

 

Even if Chaeyeon was extremely confused at this point on time, she knew that Sakura was more anxious than anything. And all she should do now was to obey her, as well as to try and comfort her.

 

 

Gently, Chaeyeon drew circles with her thumb, on the back of Sakura’s hand, soothing her until she relaxed a little.

 

 

“Sakura.”

 

 

Cold.

 

 

Chaeyeon thought. Was that how mothers called their children? Ever since she was born, every word from her mother was filled with love and warmth. Chaeyeon didn’t want to imagine how Sakura grew up.

 

 

“Mother.” Sakura’s tone wasn’t any different.

 

 

“You should know why I’ve summoned you here.” The lady said.

 

 

Sakura remained silent. It was the first time Chaeyeon witness Sakura with such fierce expression. But no matter how strong Sakura looked, Chaeyeon knew that she was afraid. It was clearly reflected in her eyes.

 

 

“I granted you freedom and is this how you repay it?” Mrs Miyawaki spoke. “Finding an ugly gold digger as a partner and even, a girl a that.”

 

 

Chaeyeon gulped. It really hurt her a lot. Her words rang throughout Chaeyeon’s mind incessantly, torturing her.

 

 

Sakura seemed to notice Chaeyeon suffering and gave their interlocked hands a firm squeeze.

 

 

“Jjaeyon is the most beautiful being I have ever met, inside out. Take back your words.” Sakura demanded, surprising Chaeyeon. “And she doesn’t know that I am rich. Neither did she take a single cent from me. It is me who have been taking from her.”

 

 

Mrs Miyawaki rolled her eyes at her daughters words. She couldn’t believe that her pure and diligent daughter had just rebelled against her.

 

 

“Lee Chaeyeon, was it?” The tall lady looked at Daehwi, who nodded in confirmation. “State how much you want. I’ll give it to you so stop bothering my daughter.”

 

 

As much as Chaeyeon wanted to stand up for herself, she kept her promise with Sakura and remained mum.

 

 

“Jjaeyon don’t

Please log in to read the full chapter