013

The Café by the Corner
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It’s been a week since Chaeyeon’s breakdown and everything was going well. Sakura knew about it but didn’t question her. All she did was to shower Chaeyeon with more love, using actions to convey her love.

 

 

“Today is the day huh.” Sakura said as she pecked Chaeyeon’s lips when she was woken up. “Good morning my love.”

 

 

Chaeyeon giggle like a little girl before returning the kiss. It was how she start her mornings, with a kiss from the other and cuddling for a little while on the bed before they got up. Chaeyeon would never get tired of it.

 

 

“Saaaakuuuu-chan!” Chaeyeon squealed as she pounced on the older, flipping the both of them. “I love you!”

 

 

Sakura laughed and rubbed her nose against Chaeyeon’s, doing an eskimo kiss. Having Sakura’s warmth wrap around her made Chaeyeon not want to get up. All she wanted to do for the rest of the day was to stay in bed with Sakura holding her.

 

 

“I love you too, Jjaeyonie!”

 

 

Unfortunately for Chaeyeon, she couldn’t laze around anymore as she would be late for her dance practice. The competition was at night but her group was excused from class for them to practice.

 

 

“Time to get up, sleepyhead.” Sakura said as she sat up first.

 

 

Chaeyeon whined as she rolled herself onto Sakura’s lap, refusing to get up. Her friends have always called her the ‘mom’ of the group, but at times like this, all she wanted was to be spoiled by Sakura.

 

 

“I don’t want to!”

 

 

“Jjaeyon-ah.” Sakura chuckled at the kid-like girl. “If you win the competition, I’ll give u a special reward.”

 

 

“...” Chaeyeon pretended to think, placing her finger on her chin playfully. “What is it?”

 

 

“It’s a secret!” Sakura teased.

 

 

Sakura gave the younger a final peck on the lips before heading down to make breakfast. Chaeyeon randomly grabbed a set of training wear wand went to wash up before joining her girlfriend in the kitchen.

 

 

“What are you making?” The dancer asked as she poured Chaeri’s food into the bowl and placed it on the ground.

 

 

“A power up meal.” Sakura smiled before serving the breakfast. “Eat up!”

 

 

It didn’t take long for Chaeyeon to finish her meal and soon she was out of the door, heading for school. Chaeyeon met up with Eunbi and Chaewon at the gate before heading in, walking to the office to get the key to their practice room.

 

 

“So, how is it going with your girl?” Chaeyeon nudged Eunbi with her elbow.

 

 

“What girl?” Chaewon asked, obviously interested.

 

 

After 18 years of being a third wheel, the poor girl had always dreamed of getting a girlfriend herself. It wasn’t that she was ugly of had a bad personality. Chaewon herself doesn’t know why. And up till this moment of her life, she has never dated, just like their Japanese dancer, Hitomi.

 

 

“Shut up…” Eunbi blushed and glared at Chaeyeon, making the younger laugh.

 

 

“Unnie here likes a certain Japanese girl.” Chaeyeon said.

 

 

Even though they hadn’t know Chaewon for long, Chaeyeon trusted her enough to share Eunbi’s secret with her. Afterall, it seemed like the two of them were finally getting closer after many years of being in the same class.

 

 

“Nako?” Chaewon smirked before rolling her eyes. “That was totally obvious, I just needed the confirmation.”

 

 

“W-What?” The oldest was panicking at this point. “Was I really that obvious?”

 

 

“Of course.”

 

 

“Ugh.” Eunbi grunted. “Anyways, I couldn’t get to see her because your dear girlfriend decided not to open her shop for days. Especially after agreeing to help me.”

 

 

Chaeyeon and Chaewon just laughed at laughed at their lovesick unnie, not even trying to cheer her up.

 

 

“Ah Nako’s taken. Maybe I should go after Hitomi instead.” Chaewon teased. “Before someone murders me.”

 

 

“That wasn’t funny at all.” Eunbi deadpanned. “No jams.”

 

 

Chaewon clicked her tongue at the older as they reached the practice room. Chaeyeon, who was laughing at her two friends, immediately fell silent when she saw their dance teacher, Bae Yoonjeong, squating in front of the mirror.

 

 

Everyone was silent, observing the superior as she watched the choreography of the dance on her iPad. No one dared to make a sound, not wanting to disrupt her concentration and be punished.

 

 

What was the problem? Chaeyeon was confused herself. It was already the day of the competition and if there were any parts that Ms Bae wasn’t satisfied with, there wasn’t much they could do about it. They could do minor changes, but she wasn’t sure if Hyewon could master them in time, she was still a beginner.

 

 

“Girls.”

 

 

The seven girls jumped at the sudden voice.

 

 

“It’s perfect.” Ms Bae complimented with a smirk on her face. “You guys did better than I expected. Hyewon, you’re doing a great job.”

 

 

Chaeyeon sighed in relief as she slumped onto the floor. She didn’t even notice how tensed she got when the whole room was silent.

 

 

“But.” She spoke again. “We might have to change this part. Eunbi, Hitomi and Chaeyeon, do you mind?”

 

 

The three girls stood beside the teacher and observ

Please log in to read the full chapter