Chapter 8

Thank u, next
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon's POV

Revved engine consumed the highway as I was driving in silence, I already planned where to take her then I parked on the right and sighed “first of all, the weather is cold you need to change into something warm” I said staring at her short dress that complements her assets… Momo’s body is one of the finest bodies I’ve ever seen.

She looked down at herself and pulled it down to cover her thighs “where am I supposed to find warm outfits?”

I smiled and rushed to my car’s trunk where I usually keep outfit in a bag in case I might stay out of town. I gave her a blue-green Nerdy tracksuit “wear this”

“Fine” she rolled her eyes and left the car “but promise me that you won’t stare!”

“I won’t” I chuckled as she sat in the backseat. I leaned on the car’s door, I can feel the car moving and I smiled to myself at her struggles. I eyed her from behind my shoulder, I hope she didn’t notice that I saw her white bra… She knocked on the window before she jumped to the passenger seat.

“So where are we going?” she asked as I started the car.

“You will see” I winked at her. I stopped by a food kiosk and bought some food for me and Momo.

We arrived at Namsan Seonggwak Park and Momo was following my steps without talking until we arrived at one of the walls that look out Seoul, I climbed on it easily then offered my hand to Momo. She held it tightly before she climbed, our bodies bumped into each other and she was so close to me. My heart skipped a bit that was oblivious to her, she sat down and I sat beside her.

We started to eat silently, enjoying the hot food and chilly breeze of winter nights. Guess because of excitement I wasn’t feeling cold until my hand touched Momo.

“YOU ARE COLD!” I gasped and she smiled at me, telling me it’s okay but I didn’t hesitate to take off my jacket and put it on her shoulders.

“Why are you so caring?” She asked.

I wanted to say ‘Actually, I am not like that to anyone…’ but my heart melts when I see Momo, for a reason, it is keeping me shut. I dismissed my thoughts and answered her.

“Because there is a part of me feeling guilty”

She hummed. “Why?”

“For treating you bad in the past” I looked down and frowned “I didn’t give you a chance and just judged you while you are innocent.”

She smiled at me and looked down shyly, I couldn’t look at anything but her, usually, I get taken away by the view but right now, I am getting taken away by her.

I faked a cough and looked down until I felt her sit closer to me, her body was glued to mine and she held my hand “anyway, we can start a new page” she smiled at me “as friends”

“Friends” I repeated her word “so that means you forgave me?”

Momo sighed and frowned “I am not mad at you, you are not a bad person.”

I hummed and she rested her head on my shoulder “the sky is so beautiful”

“Yeah it is” I said smiling at her… As from now on, I will enjoy every second with her… “So, why you went on a blind date?” I asked and she turned to look at me.

“I want to feel loved” I can feel the sadness in her tone “my mother left my father a few months ago, I know nothing about her I miss her” she looked down and I caressed her back sensually.

“It’s okay, you have uhm me, Mina, Nayeon, and Sana”

She smiled at me, looking at me with teary eyes “I wish I can run away from my father” she looked away and I watched a tear falls from her eye. Without hesitation, I wiped it and made her look at me.

“It’s okay, if anything happened to you later. Tell me, okay?”

She nodded before she hugged me, I can feel her breath on the crook of my neck “thank you Jeongyeonie” she whispered and I hummed while caressing the back of her head.

~~

I drove her back to her house, she lives in one of the poorest streets in Seoul. I parked my car in front of it and smiled at her “did you have fun?”

She nodded excitedly before her expression changed. I looked behind me and I saw a guy standing in front of the house “That is my Father..” she said with a shaking voice.

I got out of the car followed by Momo who stood next to me “Dad, this is Jeongyeon, my friend.”

He smells alcohol and his outfit are wrinkled and I bet he didn’t shower since last week. He just hummed and looked at me “nice to meet you” he stared at my car before he walked inside the house followed by Momo who waved at me.

I hope he won’t hurt anymore before I won’t stay still if he ever did.

~

A few days passed…

I am totally impressed by Momo’s efforts at work… I and my father decided to give her a raise financially and she is now one of the architects in the company instead of a drafter. Many employees got jealous and gossiped about our decision but I never cared because Momo is totally talented and deserves the best.

I was talking with my father when Momo came to my office after I called her.

“Yes ma’am?”

She did her best not to laugh same as me because talking formally is so hard for us after we became close.

“Momo, guess what?” my father smiled and handed her a blue file “You are c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter