Chapter 5

Thank u, next
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Company – Meeting room

Jeongyeon was sitting beside her father who sat on the head of the table while Mina, Nayeon, Jimin, Sana and Momo were sitting on the long meeting table.

“So what happened about the XFancy company project? We should give them the final plan tomorrow.” Said Manse.

Jeongyeon cleared and stood up, she stood in front of the table with the LCD projector behind her, and she looked at Mina then briefly at Momo and pressed the button.

Mina smiled and sat back while Momo yelped nervously. Jeongyeon showed the project Momo worked on. The latter smiled shyly and looked down while Jeongyeon was explaining the plan.

“I didn’t work on it alone” Jeongyeon muted a bit and showed the last slide.

“Credits to: Yoo Jeongyeon

                                 &

                     Hirai Momo

                                &

                    Colorful co. crew”

Manse smiled and looked at Momo “I am so proud of you! I was sure that you are talented.” he stood up and fixed his suit “Me and Jeongyeon will hand them the plan tomorrow… Wish us luck… Everyone worked hard, thank you.” he said and left the meeting following by everyone but Momo and Jeongyeon.

Mina patted Momo’s shoulder before she left. Momo was still sitting while Jeongyeon was organizing her papers before she looked at Momo coldly “You are talented and gifted, everyone can see this and I had to handle the situation professionally nevertheless I still dislike you as a person but work is work.”

Momo bowed her head and got up “Including my name in the project is enough for me, thank you.”

Jeongyeon clenched her jaw and looked away. She can’t believe how humble and kind Momo is… If she was in her shoes she wouldn’t handle two days in this company but Momo sure endured a lot.

~~

 

Morning – Next day

Momo couldn’t concentrate, she was anxious. Worried if the project won’t get rejected or that the buyers won’t be impressed.

“Relax Momo” Sana joked as she took the papers from in front of Momo “It’s not the end of the world if they rejected to project”

“It’s her first try, don’t forget that” Nayeon stated “don’t worry you did well”

Momo nodded and looked at her computer when she heard the elevator’s sound. Jeongyeon and her father came out of it and stood in front of the cubicles. Out of everyone, Momo’s expression was the most anxious. Everyone looked at Manse who sighed.

“We worked hard on this project and to lose it was a big waste for the company”

Momo frowned and looked down.

“But not today” he added and everyone smiled at him “We sold the project with the high end making us the first architecture company to sell a project for this company.”

Jeongyeon smiled and looked down. She looked at all the employees that were celebrating the payback of their hard work her eyes darted to Momo. She can’t deny that Momo has the brightest smile and laugh. She was jumping in her smile while shaking her hands happily as if she owned the whole world.

She looked away and smiled shyly, happy about her achievement.

“We should celebrate!” Sana cheered and wrapped her arm around Momo’s shoulder “it’s a big achievement for the company, right?”

“Sure, go and celebrate, you are all young and you should live your life.”

“Come with us sir” Said Jimin “We will have fun.”

“Nah, I enjoy home more than outdoors.” Manse patted Jeongyeon’s shoulder “Go and have fun, my daughter.”

Jeongyeon hummed and looked at her employees that were looking at her with puppy eyes.

“I will rent a place for us”.

Cheers echoed in the company upon her statement-making her chuckled lowly.

“You will come right?” Sana asked Momo.

“Me?” Momo looked at Jeongyeon as if she was waiting for permission.

“Momo did a lot for this project, right?” Mina said staring at Jeongyeon, the latter rolled her eyes and nodded “Invited her” Mina said between gritted teeth.

Jeongyeon rubbed her nape “Everyone should come. Including you Momo” she said as she turned to the latter.

Momo smiled and nodded before she watched everyone go to their cubicle while Jeongyeon went to her office, the girl sat behind her desk and a victory smile was painted on her face and Momo can see it. The two’s eyes met, Momo was as always expecting Jeongyeon to tints the walls but for the first time, she didn’t… Instead, she looked at her laptop and proceed on working while Momo smiled happily, wishing that the two can be on a good term now.

 

Night~~

Since the Company has more than twenty employees and apparently all of them came to celebrate, Jeongyeon had to reserve the second floor of one of the best nightclubs in Seoul.

Some brought their partners with them some came alone. Sana and Chaeyoung are now friends as they label their relationship but from what Jeongyeon is seeing from her seat. She can obviously feel the between the two. Mina and Nayeon were drinking together and dancing to the loud music.

Jeongyeon was sitting alone on the roundtable, enjoying some drinks while looking around and nodding to the mus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter