Chapter 4

Thank u, next
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, it was Sunday, the day where Momo can at least breathe. A break from Jeongyeon’s nags and orders all the time, she just finished tidying up her room that consists of a single bed and a closet… The room is empty and cold just like the small house she lives in with her father.

She took a deep breath before she unlocked the door of her room, she stepped out and walked to the living room, she had to open the window to be able to breathe from the cigarettes’ smoke and alcohol smell. Momo stared at her father and sighed, the forty-nine years old man has been like this for four months now.

From being rich and spoiled to work day and night to make money, this is how Momo’s life changed in the last four months. She took the empty whiskey bottles and the beer cans and threw them away in the kitchen.

Momo was washing the dishes when her body tensed as she heard footsteps behind her “Good morning.” said Hirai Sora, he stood beside his daughter and watched her cleaning the counter.

“Good morning, father” she replied coldly.

“Why you are not at work?” he asked.

“Today is Sunday Father, I don’t have work”

He hummed and looked at her from head to toe “are you happy there?”

Momo finally looked at her father, to her, looking at him is disgusting and least-liked, especially when the guy rarely takes a shower or shaves. “Well, thank you for asking! I’ve been working for almost three weeks” Momo spat “and yes I am happy” she said “at least I am away from this hell” she said under her breath.

Sora walked to the refrigerator and grabbed a beer can “go to the store and buy me some beers”

Momo nodded before she walked to her room, she sat on the bed and blew air from . She looked at her mom’s picture she keeps beside her bed, she gently grabs and stared at the woman in the picture.

“Mom, where are you?”

Not too long droplets of tears can be seen in the glass, as the girl starts sobbing. Momo pulls the picture closer to her chest, as she craves for her mother's warm love in her cold room.

“I miss you.” She whispered wishing her mother can hear her sobs but she knows... Being away from her is the best for her.

~~

Next day

“WHAT IS THIS?” Jeongyeon’s voice echoed in her office.

Momo who was standing in front of the short haired girl was obviously mad. She was holding the blue print copies before she threw it away “DID I ASK YOU TO CHANGE THE WHOLE PLAN?”

Momo was fidgeting with her fingers, Mina who came to Jeongyeon’s office closed the door to not grab the employees attention. “While I was a student I am also a drafter for my professors they had the same plan but it failed its purpose when they overlook the orientation. I changed the placing of the wires and other ventilations for improvement but I kept the same design.”

Momo stepped back when Jeongyeon stood up abruptly, she hit her palms on the desk. The smack’s sound frightened Momo who looked down.

“I AM THE BOSS HERE AND YOU ARE MY DRAFTER YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE PLANS! GO AND FIX THE MESS YOU MADE!” Jeongyeon raged “Your existence is useless Momo-ssi, you need a long time to be in our post and position” Momo frowned and looked at Jeongyeon with teary eyes “GET OUT!”

Momo froze then stepped back and rushed to the kitchen, Mina who witnessed the whole scene followed Momo, the latter was sitting on the floor next to the counter knees up to her chest and she was hugging her legs and trembling. Mina’s lips parted as she saw Momo in this condition pale-face, sweating, trembling and catching her breath.

Mina locked the door “Momo?” She said as she approached her, Mina squat down and faced Momo the latter was pale and shaking “what’s wrong?”

“I did wrong” Momo repeated while crying.

“No you did-”

Mina was about to pat Momo’s head when the later covered her ears. To say that Mina was shocked is an understatement, it’s her first time seeing someone panicking in front of her, she wanted to know Momo’s story, and she wanted to know why Momo is acting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter