Chapter 7

Thank u, next
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let me keep you warm” Momo said as she pulled the drenched Jeongyeon inside the room, the latter pulled away and stared at Momo intensely.

“Who are you and what are you hiding from me?”

“I will tell you everything but first of all sit in front of the electric heater”

Jeongyeon sat on the bed, her body eventually got warmer as Momo placed a blanket on her shoulders. Her hair was wet, Momo gulped and tried her best not to stare so long at the beautiful girl next to her.

“It all started when Joon and my father became partners. I met Joon eight or nine months ago and he said that he liked me from our first meeting” Momo doze off and chuckled at her old stupid self “we met, talked a lot and dated. He was the first guy I ever opened myself to him”

Jeongyeon frowned and looked down “he dated us at the same time”

Momo nodded and doze off.

Momo’s flashback – The day Jeongyeon caught them

After Momo helped Joon sit, she was staring at him with frowned brows. Her brain was trying to function and she tried to not believe that he actually had another girlfriend.

“You are a cheater” she said at the urge of crying.

“Before you cry and analyze everything, I can make a deal with you”

“A deal?” Momo was confused.

“Jeongyeon is hell damn rich, let’s team up against her! We can take her money and run away together! We will live happily! Huh?” Joon was talking excitedly unlike Momo who was confused.

Just before can Joon blink Momo’s palm met his cheek causing a loud sound in the restaurant “you are such an !”

Joon frowned and lightly pushed Momo away before he made his way out of the restaurant.

End of flashback

Jeongyeon was listening to Momo with a slightly open mouth making Momo chuckle a bit “he never liked me or you all he wanted was our money, he told me to team up with him so we can take your money in a way or another”

Jeongyeon chuckled at herself and looked away with teary eyes “and why you refused?” she asked.

“I refused, I can’t hurt anyone because I am afraid of getting hurt too and you know, karma is a ”

“So you protected me?” Jeongyeon was confused.

“If you want to call it like that” Momo laughed “in the same day he robbed my father and ran away. Ever since then we became broke, likely I was graduated and uncle manse helped me work at your company”

Jeongyeon sighed and rubbed her forehead “I am having a mental breakdown”

Momo didn’t hesitate to pat the short haired girl “At least he didn’t ruin your life, it’s okay you know his truth now, he doesn’t deserve our tears.”

Jeongyeon looked at Momo and a light smile left “You are ridiculously kind Momo, you are broke, your father beats you and I used to treat you bad yet you are able to comfort me?”

Momo looked down, Jeongyeon swore she never so a cute girl like Momo “I am just sure that someone is on this earth is having a harder time than me, right?” Momo smiled.

“Don’t smile at me like that” Jeongyeon said coldly and the black haired girl pressed on her lips and watched Jeongyeon stand up.

“Where are you going?”

“Home-“

“It’s raining so hard outside you will get sick if you waked under the rain, sleep on the bed and I will sleep on the floor” said Momo with one breath “if you want” she added.

Jeongyeon raised her eyebrow and looked up, the raindrops on the roof were so loud same as the lighting sounds. She nodded and stared at Momo who rushed to the bed. Luckily there were two pillows but Jeongyeon prevented Momo from sleeping on the floor. She grabbed her arm and pulled her closer to her “it’s cold, it’s okay to sleep beside me”

Momo gulped and nodded.

~~

The red light of the electric heater was the only light in the room, the two girls were facing each other on the twin sized bed with two blankets covering them they were able to stay warm. Momo was exhausted, her body gave up and she immediately fell asleep, meanwhile, Jeongyeon was staring at her. She slowly put a strand of Momo’s long hair behind her ear, exposing the two bruises on her face. It made Jeongyeon frown, her heart ached to see Momo like this. She softly caressed the bruise. She didn’t know why but her heart didn’t calm down that night… It made Jeongyeon lost, is she falling for this girl or it’s out of pity? Only time will tell.

~

Morning

Momo didn’t know when Jeongyeon woke up and left, the bed was still warm beside her indicating that she left not from a long time ago. Jeongyeon was driving to her own apartment, she took a shower and sat on her laptop. She clicked on the folder that she used to open it almost every day.

She stared at her pictures with Joon, as much as she tried to hold back her tears she failed. She can’t deny that her feelings for him were real and sincere. She shed the last tear as she pressed on the delete button as she took a decision to delete him forever from her heart and mind too.

~

A few hours passed…

Coffee House

Mina squealed after Momo told her what happened with Jeongyeon “She knows the truth now!”

Momo nodded excitedly “I am really happy” she took a deep breath “she needed to know the truth, Joon doesn’t deserve her nor me”

Mina smiled and nodded “and what you will do about your father?”

Momo’s shoulders tensed and fear was obvious in her eyes upon mentioning her father but Mina held her hand “if you want to stay at my house for a while”

Momo shook her head “no, my father needs someone to take care of him”

“How kind-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter