Chapter 10

Thank u, next
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon’s POV

I walked with Momo to my car, awkwardness filled the air as I put her bag in the trunk.

“What?” I asked as I saw Momo staring at me non-stop.

“Nothing” she smiled and sat in the passenger seat while I walked to the driver seat. I plugged my phone onto the car mobile charger.

“Why are you here early?” I asked.

Momo sighed and looked away “my father wanted me to stay in Japan but I refused and ran away”

“Staying? Like forever?” I gasped and she nodded.

Momo turned to face me and held my hand “I can’t leave my job and friends behind my back like that”

I ignored how I felt my body soften at her touch and smiled “we won’t give up on you easily”

“Oh! And what you were doing here in Incheon?”

“I was bored so I drove around till I came here to the beach and I saw you” I smiled “and my phone died so I bought a charger, that’s why I didn’t pick up my phone”

“Thank God” Momo sighed “my mind was thinking of bad ideas,” she said touching her head. I chuckled at her cuteness before I started the car and drove off “you can come to me whenever you want but you can’t leave without my permission, okay?”

I nodded and smiled at her before I focused back at driving. I hummed to the music when suddenly Momo sat closer, she rested her head on my right shoulder, she was closing her eyes and probably avoiding eye contact with me… I don’t know that’s wrong with her but what I know is that I love her and I am enjoying every second with her.

~~

Seoul

After more than an hour of driving we arrived at her house “will you be fine alone?” I asked as I walked to the front door with her.

“Yeah yeah I will be fine but I am a bit tired”

“Don’t come to work tomorrow it’s okay” I patted her head before she leaned in and kissed my cheek.

“G-goodnight” she stuttered and went inside the house while I froze like a statue. I touched my left cheek and blushed.

“Calm down Yoo Jeongyeon… Calm down”

I drove back to my house and I couldn’t stop thinking about her when will I confess… But what if she doesn’t like me back? My heart can’t take another pain…

~~

Third person’s POV

Morning

Momo was in a deep sleep, last day was stressing and tiring to her. It was almost seven o’clock when her father arrived.

He put his bag by the door and walked directly to Momo’s room where he opened the door angrily causing Momo to flinch and get up. He grabbed her hair and pulled her closer to him “are you challenging me or something? WHY DID YOU LEAVE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?”

Momo pushed him away “I don’t want to stay in Kyoto! You can’t force me! I love here and I will stay here!” she fired back causing her father to lose control. He slapped her hard causing her to fall on the floor, anger was blinding her father he couldn’t think or feel anything before he kicked her a few times. Momo was crying and wincing in pain but it didn’t affect her father who locked her inside the room.

After a few minutes, Momo was able to get up. Pain roamed in her body as her father’s hits were strong and painful, she sat on her bed and grabbed her phone. The only name that came to her mind was Jeongyeon she didn’t hesitate to call her. The latter was on her way to work when she picked up.

“Yes momoring?”

“Jeongyeon” Momo cried causing Jeongyeon to panic.

“What happened?”

“My father beat me, he locked me in my room. I am scared”

“I am coming”

~~

Jeongyeon called the police that simultaneously arrived with her at Momo’s house.

“She is there, he locked her there!”

“Ma’am calm down and let us handle the situation”

The two policemen knocked on the door, Sora – Momo’s father – opened the door and widened his eyes.

“Where is Momo? Huh?” Jeongyeon yelled pushing him, she stepped into the house followed by the two policemen that saw the empty beer cans all over the floor.

“That’s illegal! You are breaking into my house without my permission”

Jeongyeon stood in front of Momo’s bedroom she tried opening the door but she couldn’t, Sora pushed her away “it’s none of your business!”

“Momo is there, please break the door” Jeongyeon was about to cry.

The policeman kicked the door once and twice until it got opened revealing Momo who is sitting on the floor legs up to her chest. Jeongyeon rushed to her while the policeman already arrested Sora.

“You are arrested for abusing your own daughter”

Jeongyeon squatted in front of Momo, she couldn’t help but cry upon seeing the girl she loves in this situation. She cupped her face “it’s okay, you are safe now”

Momo cried and hugged Jeongyeon tightly.

~~

After the policemen insist Momo agreed on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter