Chapter 2

Thank u, next
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four months later…

They say you will never know the power of yourself until someone hurts you badly.

And that what Jeongyeon sensed in the last few months.

Jeongyeon changed, and her appearance wasn’t an exception. No one in the company can forget the day she came with her new short haircut and whole new different style. From wearing dresses, high heels and skirts to t-shirts, jeans, and sneakers.

It was another boring routine day of her life. She was sitting behind her desk in the new company’s building. The glass wall of her office allowed her to take a look at everyone in the company.

She was looking at each cubicle. Nayeon, a long black haired girl was immersed with whatever she is working at on her computer, she is the personal assistant and secretary of Myoui Mina.

Mina, along chestnut brown haired girl, she is the chief financial officer who is responsible for almost all of the corporation's financial matters. Mina is genius and trustworthy as Manse-Jeongyeon’s father says.

Next to her was Sana the previously blonde hair girl now in her newly dyed black hair. Who is now working with Jeongyeon as a social media manager. She creates and executes an organization’s social media strategy.

Her main goals likely center around increasing brand awareness, driving traffic to their organization’s domain and cultivating leads and sales. She helped a lot in the company’s reputation and responsible for representing their company’s brand on social as well as developing social media campaigns.

Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow at Bona who just arrived at her cubicle. Jeongyeon looked at her watch that showed 8:05 AM. She got up and walked to Bona’s cubicle. She stood beside the blonde haired girl.

“Bona-ssi, what time is it?” Jeongyeon asks.

“E-eight” She nervously replied.

“Look closely at your watch.”

“It's eight O-five.”

“Which means?”

“I am five minutes late.”

“Exactly.” Jeongyeon smiled and patted Bona’s shoulder, she leaned in to face the sitting girl “You will join me at the company till six.”

“But I have other encounters.” Bona protested.

Sana in the other hand bit her lower lip, she knows that these days Jeongyeon is so strict and going into a debate with her is one of the hardest things to do.

“What? Do you think I don’t delay my ‘encounters’ too? I am doing this for our company! The company that pays you so you will finish the GS Company project today! I want it on my desk before six o’clock! Okay?”

Bona nodded as a yes before Jeongyeon walked to her office. Nayeon and Sana exchanged looks before Nayeon stood up and walked to Mina’s private office that’s located next to Jeongyeon’s.

Nayeon walked inside the office “Good morning Ma’am.” she said placing a few papers on Mina’s table. The latter couldn’t help but smile at her girlfriend.

“We are alone Nayeon, no need to use Ma’am.”

Nayeon smiled “I don’t want Jeongyeon to come and scold me for calling you Mina again.”

Mina chuckled “you are right, she is in a bad mood today.”

“Since that day, she has been always in a bad mood.” Nayeon rolled her eyes. “As if he deserves all of this.”

“Jeongyeon is hurt, as her friends we should understand her and stay by her side, right?” Mina soft-spoken. “I feel bad for her, she is hiding her tears and anger inside of her.”

“She is always like that, Jeongyeon takes care of everyone she loves and lastly herself.”

Mina hummed and signed the papers. “I will take care of the file, go back to your work.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Nayeon said before she winked.

~~

Jeongyeon was spinning the red pen with her fingers while staring at the architect plan. In front of her stood Sungyeol who was fixing his glasses continually while fidgeting with his fingers nervously.

Jeongyeon sighed and sat back “What.Is.This?”

“M-my p-plan.”

“Oh, really? I thought it’s your CV” Jeongyeon sassed “This house is a mess. I wouldn’t buy it if I saw this plan! Redo it all, create new ideas and use your brain.”

“Y-yes ma’am.”

Sungyeol left, simultaneously Manse came in. He stood beside his daughter and took a look at the plan “Well that’s an awful plan.” he wasn’t impressed by the guy’s work.

“See? That’s exactly my opinion.”

Manse patted his daughter’s shoulder and smiled “I am so proud of you my daughter, don’t forget tonight we will have dinner together with your mom.”

Jeongyeon hummed and continued working on her laptop.

~~

Everyone’s shift was over while Jeongyeon was still sitting behind her desk “Jeongyeonie, let’s go it's already six o’clock.” said Sana as she entered the office “We are going to Coffee House.”

“Oh, your crush is back?”

Sana giggled “finally they opened the shop after four months of renovation.”

Jeongyeon smiled “I can’t, have fun the three of you.”

Sana pouted but it didn’t affect Jeongyeon at all. Eventually, Sana left leaving Jeongyeon alone in her office.

Bona came and gave Jeongyeon the file she needs before she left too.

And this is the time Jeongyeon hates to most. The company was empty and calm. The dim lights make Jeongyeon feels lonelier. She hates that day, that bar and that memory, she lost count on how many times she wished she can wake up with amnesia.

Why be sad about something which has already happened? After all, there's no point crying over spilled milk. Unfortunately, when you get sad, it's like being stabbed in the heart a thousand times without dying. And that’s what Jeongyeon is going through.

She is living because she can’t die. She feels that she is connected to something unknown. Is it her parents? Her job? Or crazy friends.

She doesn’t know.

She grabbed her keys and walked to her mini-cooper where she drove slowly to the restaurant where her parents were waiting for her.

“Hi Mama, Hi Papa” she said as she sat down.

“Where is my kiss?” Mirae asked “I miss your kisses.”

Jeongyeon looked blankly at her mom then smiled “I am putting lipstick.”

Mirae chuckled and proceed on telling them about the client she met accidentally at the grocery shop and her silly chat with him. Jeongyeon wasn’t paying much attention to her conversation. Her eyes darted to a girl sitting on the bar. She had a long black hair and a slim body. She couldn’t see her face but Jeongyeon knew she saw her before.

Flashbacks of that day came to her mind. The girl Joon was with hasn’t left her mind ever si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter