Attention over food

You in my eyes

The driver picked me up as I went back home. The first day of my high school is really interesting and fun. There are many people who like me and approach me first. Among them, I like Chaeyeon the best. And the interesting girl…I mean the lollipop girl who doesn’t interest in me. Honestly I was popular at school or wherever I go since I was young. I got many people attention but today that was ruined. I lost over food. But isn’t it cute? I wanna friend with her. I will try my best to win her attention over food. She was on my mind the whole night and I laughed myself like crazy while thinking back.

I bought some chocolate at the convenient stores on the way to school.

“Where should I go?”

I was a bit early to school. So I was wandering where should I go and where she can be.

“Hello. Are you Sakura shi?”

A couple of girls greeted me at the hall way.

“Yeah I am”

I answered them back awkwardly.

“You may not know us. You are really pretty and you know you are quite popular now. We would like to invite you to join our volleyball club. Here the flyers. Contact us anytime”

They handed the flyer paper so I received it.

“You can ask us if you have any question”

“Um…if you are the foodie, where would you go as soon as you reach to school?”

They were so dumbed by my questions and looked at each other with unbelievable eyes.

“Cafeteria?”

“Ah yeah. Thank you so much”

I replied them happily as I walked out from them and way to cafeteria. I haven’t thought of it. Of course she would go to cafeteria. They must be left dumbfounded.

As expected I saw her buying the sandwiches and a drink at the cafeteria. I smiled as soon as I saw her. I walked to her with a smile as I stopped in front of her like I am stopping her way. So she stared at me awkwardly.

“You can go first”

She said as she moved her body aside to give me a way. It’s not what I want.

“Ah I have something to ask you”

“Me?”

I nodded with smile as she nodded back meaning I can ask. I was hesitated a little since I don’t know what to ask. Then I suddenly remember how I was getting close with Chaeyeon. I looked at my hand and I saw flyer.

“Ah I would like to know where is volleyball club? I am new transfer student”

I asked as I showed the flyer in my hand. She nodded while eating her sandwiches. Then I smiled at her.

“It’s at the back of the school campus. The right corner one”

She didn’t seem to know me at all. I would like to yell. This is me who was sitting beside you in the class. How come she didn’t notice the girl who sat beside her? Also I was sitting together with Chaeyeon when she came and took the yogurt? I was speechless. When I was about to say something to her, she smiled to me and left.

At least I talked with her today. I just thought positive and walked back to the class. I met Chaeyeon on the way.

“Hey Sakuchan”

Chaeyeon is with other two girls beside. She is always friendly to me and helped me a lot. Thanks to her I have got many friends. She is with Yabuki Nako and Honda Hitomi who are Japanese too. There are three Japanese in total in our class. They helped me too. I am closer with nakochan since Hitomi doesn’t talk a lot.

“Sakuchan…you are quite popular now”

Nako said when she saw the volleyball club flyer in my hand.

“What Nako said is right. Many clubs want you”

Hitomi also added. Me? I am quite popular? It’s quite funny. Lollipop girl didn’t realize me even though I sat beside her.

“Which clubs do you think of joining?”

Chaeyeon asked.

“I haven’t thought yet. Which club are you guys in?”

“I am in dance class since middle school. And Nako is in drawing and cooking class. And Hitomi does tutoring”

“Ah there are many choices”

I mumbled as we reached to class. Lollipop girl didn’t reach to class yet. Where did she go? She went there before me and she didn’t reach yet. Oh that is my opportunities. I took out the chocolate bar I bought on the way as I placed on her desk quickly before anyone noticed.

She came into the class when the second bell rang. Then she saw chocolate bar on her desk.

“Chocolate?”

She held the chocolate as she checked surround her.

“Oh”

She claimed Oh when she saw me. Am I scary? I smiled at her.

“You belong to this class?”

“You didn’t know? I sat here since the first day”

“Is that yours?”

She asked while showing chocolate bar.

“No. It’s on your desk since I came in. It’s yours. You can eat it”

I said with smile as she sat on her chair and placed her things on desk but she was still holding the chocolate. She poked a girl in front of her who is the class leader, Kwon Eunbi. Eunbi turned around.

“Is that yours?”

“No”

“Give me if you don’t want to eat”

A girl in front of me said as she tried to take the chocolate from Hyewon hand but she avoided it. Her name is Choi Yena who is a bit tomboyish. She likes to joke around. When the teacher came in, she stopped messing with Hyewon.