First love

You in my eyes

Hyewon found a letter and a yogurt bottle on her desk when she reached to her class. Their first class is PE class so many students were at sport field. She opened the letter curiously.

“I am sorry, Hyewon. I was too emotional at that time. If you forgive me, let’s meet at rooftop. I will be waiting”

She smiled while reading the letter. It’s from her best friend, Chaeyeon. She put the letter in her backpack quickly as she rushed to the rooftop. As expected, Chaeyeon was there staring at the sky. She turned around when she heard footsteps.

“Hyewon ah”

She ran to her. Hyewon smiled at her and they hugged.

“Thank you”

Chaeyeon mumbled while hugging. Then they went to sit at the bench. They were silent while staring at the sky together till they called each other at the same time.

“Chaeyeon”

“Hyewon”

“Wait. I will say first”

Chaeyeon said as Hyewon agreed with nod and listened carefully.

“I am sorry. I was too emotional that I couldn’t think from your side. I know that you must be hurt. You must be sad. I promise I will be there for you until the end. I will be your side. Honestly, I was afraid. I was afraid that you would leave me. I afraid you would leave to somewhere silently without telling me. I know I was childish. You should promise me something too. No matter what happen, you won’t cut contact with me”

Chaeyeon whined like a kid as she was expecting Hyewon’s respond. Hyewon smiled as she held Chaeyeon’s hand.

“Thank you. I already know that you will be my side no matter what happen. I just didn’t want you to sad because of me. I just didn’t want you to suffer with me. But I decided. Let’s face the world together”

“Really? You are not lying right?”

“Why would I?”

They giggled together as Chaeyeon hugged Hyewon with smile and teary eyes.

“I am sorry. I will tell everything from now on”

Hyewon patted her back as Chaeyeon nodded while hugging.

“We are late to PE class. Let’s go”

Chaeyeon said enthusiastically as Hyewon stood up.

“By the way, where did you go yesterday? You ditched the class”

“Game”

Hyewon answered while showing her hand typing gesture.

“It’s really fun. I think because I haven’t played for a long time or maybe I am with Sakura”

Hyewon smiled brightly.

“Sakura? You went there with her?”

Hyewon nodded. Chaeyeon got silent.

“By the way, who are you dating these days? Chaewon just ask me about you. She seems to like you”

Hyewon asked while drinking yogurt Chaeyeon gave.

“Huh? Chaewon?”

“She is same class with Yuri”

“I am not interested”

“Who is your target this time?”

Hyewon asked jokingly.

“Do you think I am player?”

“You are not? Then who? Me?”

Hyewon asked back with innocent face.

“Definitely you. Stop messing with girls”

Hyewon shrugged her shoulders.

 

Chaeyeon’s POV

I made up with Hyewon as we walked back to sport field. I played basketball when Hyewon doesn’t play any sport properly.

“I gonna go”

She told to me when she saw Nako on the way and went with Nako. She never changes. She likes to mess around with girls who like her.

Actually, there was a time I like her so much. I was crazy about her. I cried a lot when she left me and went out with other girls. You can say that she is my first love. I was always ready for her even she doesn’t need me. Maybe it’s not true that she doesn’t need me but I have too much feeling for her that the love and attention she shows to me wasn’t enough for me. I want all of her attention. I want her to focus only with me and play only with me. But she always leaves me like that when she saw her favorite girls. Of course, I was broken. I cried every night. Since that time, I started to date with girls even I don’t love them to make her jealous. But she doesn’t seem to jealous and I just got the name player.

Now I still love her but not the way like I did before. She is my bestfriend since young so I love her as my bestfriend or sister. I finally move on after I meet with Sakura. I just approached her because she is pretty at first. Then I got some feeling. The way she jokes around, the way she clingy on me, the way she call me “Chaeyeon”, every time she comes to me when she was trouble. I feel like I am the one she needs. And I attached to her.

“Chaeyeon”

I heard Sakura’s voice from the back as I turned around. She ran to me happily.

“I am looking for you”

She said with a smile. I like that smile.

“Why?”

I asked back with smile.

“Is there any reason needed?”

We giggled as we walked together to the sport field.