Getting close

You in my eyes

“Have you found your way?”

Hyewon asked me at the break time with smile.

“I haven’t gone yet”

I answered hesitantly with smile.

“I will accompany you”

I couldn’t believe my ear. Is that lollipop girl I know? Am I dreaming? She approached me first.

“Aren’t you hungry? Why don’t we go to cafeteria first?”

I suggest her at the break time as she strongly agreed.

“You are the best. By the way, I am Hyewon”

“I recognized you since the first day. You like food too much but you are skinny”

She chuckled shyly. She is really cute.

“You may not know my name. I am Sakura. Miyawaki Sakura. Chaeyeon and others called me Sakuchan”

“Umm…Sakura. Your name is as pretty as you. Oh are you friend with Chaeyeon?”

“Yes. She helped me at my first day of school. You didn’t notice me right? I was with Chaeyeon at the cafeteria when you took yogurt from Chaeyeon”

“Ah you know that too?”

She giggled while covering as she patted my head gently. That was my first time that someone patted my hair like that. I felt some nervousness in my heart. I got the feeling which is hard to explain. But I like it. I shrugged my shoulder as I giggled shyly with her.

“What do you want to eat?”

“I am okay. Whatever you want, I will eat with you”

“Umm…Chicken. I like chicken so much”

She said like a kid and she looks happiest when she is eating.

“You ate beef the other day”

“You know that too? But chicken is the best”

We chuckled together as we queued in chicken line. She likes touching and she kept patting my shoulders like a kid. I just smiled shyly and I love it too much.

“Aish…it’s too small”

She drank her yogurt in one stop and mumbled while staring at empty bottle.

“You like it? Have mine too”

I said as I gave my yogurt to her and she was happy like a little kid. She is really a kid even her face is goddess.

“Thank you, Kura ah”

Kura? Kura from Sakura? That’s unique and cute.

“Kura? It’s cute. What should I call you?”

“Umm…Kang chan”

She thought for a moment as she answered. Kang chan…it’s cute.

“Are you joining volleyball club?”

She asked me while eating.

“I haven’t thought yet. I got some flyers in the morning so I am just curious. How about you? Which club are you in?”

“Umm…I play instrument. Piano and guitar”

She answered naturally. She is into art? She can play instrument?

“Oh really? I want to listen”

She finished her food when I was just finished half and she stared at mine. I found it really cute. Her hand is like machine when she is eating. I just pushed my plate to her as she smiled and ate from my plate. How can a skinny girl eat a lot?

After we finished eating, we went to the volleyball club. Coincidently, there was a match between senior and junior team.

“Hyewon unnie”

A tall girl came and greeted her with hug. She hugged her back and patted her hair. They looked so close. I don’t know why but I envy a little to be honest.

“Unnie…she is?”

That tall girl asked as I greeted her with smile.

“Ah…This is Sakura. Kura ah…this is Wonyoung”

“Hello Sakura shi”

“Hello”

“Oh…is she from Japan?”

Hyewon nodded with smile.

“Unnie…match will start soon. I gonna go. Cheer me”

“Fighting Wonyoung ah”

Wonyoung greeted me with smile as she hugged Hyewon before she left. We sat at somewhere we can see the match clearly.

“You look so close with her”

“She is my baby”

She said with smile. Her baby? What kind of baby? Like kid? Or girl-girlfriend? I am confused. But I can say that she looks really happy. She encouraged the junior team which included Wonyoung enthusiastically. Unfortunately, they couldn’t beat senior team.

“It’s okay, Wonyoung ah. You look really cool”

She comforted her with hug and patted her hair warmly and thumbed up. I am jealous. Should I participate in volleyball club and play? So that she will comfort me like she did to Wonyoung. That’s girl is so tall and cute.

“You look happy. Is something fun happened?”

Chaeyeon asked when she saw me sitting at the bench in the school campus.

“Ah Chaeyeon”

Am I obvious? Chaeyeon sat beside me as she gave the strawberry milk.

“Thank you”

I replied as I drank strawberry milk which Chaeyeon gave.

“I was looking for you at the break time. Who did you go with?”

“Ah…I went with Hyewon and watched Volleyball match”

“Aww…Wonyoung lost it right?”

Chaeyeon knew Wonyoung?

“You know her too? She looks so close with Hyewon”

She nodded as she answered.

“She is two years junior to us. Hyewon’s favorite girl”

Obviously…can I be her favorite girl too? But I am really happy with the fact that I can be with her. I appreciated it.