Hyung

You in my eyes

“Is it okay?”

I asked while sitting behind Chaeyeon’s back.

“Am I heavy?”

“No. Hold tight”

She said as I held her waist tightly. I haven’t ridden the bicycle before. This is my first time so I am pretty excited. We went to the internet café together. As expected, the internet café in Korea is pretty cool.

“Chaeyeon…Do you like playing game?”

“Not really. It is okay. I will use internet and watch some Youtube video”

“Wow you are cool”

Chaeyeon said while looking at me playing game. I am really happy when I am playing game.

“Can I get some cup ramen?”

I asked to Chaeyeon as she bought it for me. I am really glad to have her as my friend. I feel really comfortable with her. She takes care of me well.

“Yayy”

I shouted out from joy when I won the game and she laughed out loud.

“You are really a kid”

“Yena…Yena…Yena”

I looked for Yena as soon as I reached to class. Of course, Hyewon didn’t reach yet. Yena seemed a little down and she was with her ducky lip. She didn’t turn around when I called her name so I poked her on her shoulder from the back. Finally, she turned and looked at me.

“I have something to tell you”

I said with smile but she just stared at me blankly.

“Ey…Something wrong?”

“Girls aren’t good. I don’t want to talk with girls”

“Eh”

I was speechless for awhile. What do you mean? Aren’t you girl?

“You will never understand. Just tell what you want to tell”

“Have you fought with Yuri again?”

Eunbi asked as soon as she came. I just realized the situation.

“I really can’t stand the girls”

Yena said like she isn’t a girl. She is kinda weird. I wanna laugh but I tried my best not to.

“Why? Why? What did Yuri shi do to you?”

“She is chatting with another girl”

I almost choked up my water.

“Yena…this is girls’ school”

“I know that. I mean she was talking with other girl while holding hand even she saw me coming. Ah I don’t know I just hate girls”

Yena whined like a kid. She is funny and cute.

“Talk with hyung then”

“Where is Hyung?”

I patted myself with smile and Yena looked a little relax than before.

“You’re Hyung? We call Hyewon as Hyung”

Yena laughed at me because I tried to act manly.

“Kang chan is Hyung? Why? She is so girly and has god face. She is so pretty to be hyung”

I argued back unbelievably.

“She is popular with girls. That’s why we call her Hyung”

“Oh it’s almost second bell. Why didn’t she come yet?”

I checked the clock as I said.

“She is absent today. Her mom just asked leave to our homeroom teacher”

Eunbi knew it ahead since she is our class president.

“Why? Is she sick? Serious?”

I asked worriedly as they looked at me with weird eyes.

“This is why I said Hyewon is popular with girls”

Yena said as they laughed.

“No I mean”

“Yena…Someone is here looking for you”

Chaeyeon called her as we saw Jo Yuri in front of our class.

“Chaeyeon ah…Just tell her to go. Yena hate girls”

I teased Yena as she tried to close my mouth with her palm.

“Yahh”

I tongued out to her. She showed her fist to me as we laughed out loud.

I bought chocolate for Kang chan today but she is absent. Hope she will fine soon. Honestly I am a bit worry for her. Ah today will be long. Today I attended cooking class for the first time and Chaeyeon agreed to go with me. Our seats are a bit far in the class so we haven’t talked a lot in class but she is always a good friend for me. Me, Nako and Chaeyeon attended cooking class together. Nako is senior than us in cooking class so Nako coached me when I don’t understand some Korean words.

We agreed to eat ice cream after class so we went to the ice cream bar.

“I miss Kang chan. She would come to me when she saw me buying ice cream”

Nako stated while eating ice cream.

“You meet with Hyung after class?”

Chaeyeon asked. Chaeyeon called Kang chan Hyung too? Nako meets with Kang chan after class?

“Yeah. The time we finish class is same so we always meet at snack bar and eat together”

“You call her Hyung too?”

I asked to Chaeyeon as she nodded.

“Why? I really don’t get it. She is so pretty but why do you guys call her Hyung? I didn’t see any manly part of her. The way she talks is really gentle and she caught cold easily”

Nako said what I was going to say so I just listened. Seem like she knows Hyewon well. Is she closed with Hyewon that much?

“So how about me? Am I manly?

Chaeyeon asked with smile and I know Nako asked seriously.

“Ah Chaeyeon is manly”

Nako answered blankly as Chaeyeon laughed out loud and I smiled. Yeah Chaeyeon is manly and she took care of me and others well. Sometimes like a mom.

“Chaeyeon seems to close with Kang chan so much?”

I asked.

“Yes you can say that. We went to same school since elementary and also our houses are a bit near. Her mom told me to take care of her since her daughter is a bit shy type. Her mom afraid she would get bully by others instead she got so many loves from them”

Chaeyeon laughed.

“You are really close with her”