Hyewon and Chaeyeon?

You in my eyes

Chaeyeon was waiting in front of the piano class while drinking strawberry milk in hand as Hyewon came out after the class over.

“Who are you waiting?”

Hyewon asked to Chaeyeon as soon as she saw.

“Who would it be. Of course, you”

Chaeyeon replied as they walked side by side.

“Where are you going?”

Chaeyeon asked when she noticed Hyewon wasn’t going the way out from school.

“Snack bar. Nako may be waiting there”

Hyewon replied with smile as Chaeyeon grabbed her wrist.

“Hyewon, why don’t we go and eat at your favorite teokbokki bar right beside the school? I am craving for it”

Chaeyeon said as Hyewon agreed and walked out from school together.

“It’s been a long time”

Hyewon mumbled while eating her favorite fish cake as Chaeyeon smiled and served her fish soup.

“Thanks”

“By the way, why are you looking for me? It’s not like you. Something happen?”

Hyewon asked to Chaeyeon with suspicious eyes.

“No. It’s been a long time we hang out together so I miss you”

Hyewon laughed.

“I feel something weird”

“Real”

Chaeyeon frowned.

“Chaeyeon ah, I just got part time job at library”

“Library? How about the job as barista?”

Chaeyeon asked back surprisingly.

“It’s okay. I can do both”

Chaeyeon sighed at her friend.

“You will get tired. You sick easily whenever you get tired. Hyewon, you don’t need to make suffer yourself and you are still too young for that. It’s time for you to study hard not work hard”

Chaeyeon lectured disappointedly.

“Don’t worry. I am fine. Chaeyeon ah, you know that I want to earn my own money and leave from that house as soon as possible after I turned 18. You know how much I want to leave from that house”

Chaeyeon breathed out heavily but Hyewon smiled weakly.

“Hyewon, you know how much my family adore you and my mom love you a lot like her own daughter. Why don’t you come and stay with us when you don’t want to live at yours? My family warmly welcome you”

Hyewon smiled weakly as she held Chaeyeon’s hand.

“Thank you, Chaeyeon ah. I know that you worry about me. Don’t worry…one day we have to start our own way anyway. I don’t want to rely on anyone”

“I hate you”

Chaeyeon said while avoiding her eyes with Hyewon.

“You know what? I was always there for you since we were young. I am and I will. But you never need me. You never need my help. You never come and look for me whenever you feel sad. You never tell me your struggle. I always have to find out myself. I can never be the one you need. I hate myself that I still care for you. You don't believe me, huh?”

Chaeyeon asked sadly as her eyes were watery but she tried her best not to cry.

“Chaeyeon ah…not like that”

Chaeyeon removed her hand from Hyewon’s. They were silent for awhile till Chaeyeon made a fake laugh.

“That’s all? You don’t have anything more to say? I am disappointed, Hyewon ah. Sorry, I will go first this time”

Chaeyeon said as she left from the place quickly. Hyewon just left there silently. Hyewon was trying very hard in both school subject and work. She always get first place at school and she got scholar because of that.

Chaeyeon was walking alone as her tear started to fall on her cheek and she removed it quickly with her palm. Chaeyeon and Hyewon are friend since they are young. Hyewon family is rich and their company ranked top ten in Korea while Chaeyeon’s dad is one of the reliable directors of their company. Because of that, they are closed and used to play together since young.

Back to a year...

“Chaeyeon, I got a job at café”

Hyewon told to Chaeyeon while eating together at Japanese ramen restaurant.

“You gonna work?”

Chaeyeon asked unbelievably as Hyewon nodded with smile while eating her ramen as it is nothing.

“Are you crazy? You are just junior high school student”

“Why? Many students at my age are working part time job. Why can’t I?”

Chaeyeon sighed disappointedly.

“You are not same. Your parents will be crazy if they know you are doing part time job at café. And also you get sick easily whenever you are tired. You don’t have to do anything at home and there are maids around you. Do you think you can do it?”

Chaeyeon said worriedly as Hyewon just smiled back.

“They don’t care anyway. I am human too. I can do it”

“Do you want to earn money badly?”

Hyewon nodded at Chaeyeon question while eating dumpling. Hyewon acted like nothing when Chaeyeon was worried crazily.

“I will earn money as much as I can and save it. I will turn 18 soon. I will move out from my house and stay on my own and stand on my own feet”

"Why?"

Chaeyeon asked with unbelievable eyes but Hyewon avoided the question.

“I have to go now”

Hyewon said as she left the place first. Chaeyeon didn’t understand why. Why does she want to earn money badly when her parents are super rich? But one day, Chaeyeon went to Hyewon’s house to play and she saw unexpected scene. Her dad and mom were fighting badly as Hyewon was crying at the corner of the house. She didn’t know that and Hyewon never said to her. Hyewon may eat like a kid or smile happily with her. Chaeyeon backed to her house and she told what she saw to her parents. Her dad explained that her family wasn’t in good term even they are staying at the same house. They rarely talk to each other. Her dad has so many mistresses when her mom also gave sponsor to young guys.

Since then Chaeyeon also worked part time job outside the school as well as work as a coach in dancing class to save money with the mind of if one day Hyewon move out from her house, she could also move out and stay with her. Chaeyeon was waited the day Hyewon would tell her about struggles and cry in her chest. But she never did.