Lollipop girl

You in my eyes

The driver stopped the car in front of the school campus as I walked into the school building. I felt a little excited since today is my first day of high school life. Actually I was born in Japan. Many students were walking into the school campus as I also walked along with them.

I decided to ask to someone after I got into school building. I checked around me and I found a girl who is wearing an earphone and walking with rhythm.

“Excuse me”

She stopped walking as she took off her earphone when she saw me.

“Can I know where teacher’s office is?”

She smiled before answered.

“Are you new student?”

She asked as I nodded with smile and she smiled me back friendly.

“I will take you there. I am Lee Chaeyeon”

She said friendly as she introduced herself and extended her hand to me. I was surprised and dumbed for a while before I responded since her action is too friendly for the first meet.

“I am Miyawaki Sakura”

I took her hand with smile and shy.

“You are pretty”

She praised me as we walked to the teacher’s office. She talked non-stop on the way as we are childhood friends. She is friendly and fun person.

“Are you Japanese?”

“Yeah”

“I can speak Japanese a little”

She said as she talked in Japanese. The way she pronounced Japanese is a little weird but it’s fun.

“This is teacher’s office. We’re here”

“Thank you so much, Chaeyeon shi”

“You can call me Chaeyeon. See you, Sakuchan”

She said as she walked out. Sakuchan? I smiled. She is the first one who acted like this for the first met in out of the people I have ever met. She is cute.

“Good morning, teacher”

The teacher went into the classroom as the students greeted. I forgot to mention. This is girls’ high school.

“Morning, class”

I walked along with the teacher as they whispered to each other when they saw me.

“We have new transfer student from Japan this year. Let’s welcome her”

“Hello. I am Miyawaki Sakura. Nice to meet you all”

I introduced myself to the class as they welcomed me warmly.

“You are very beautiful”

One of the girls said. I got everyone attention as I felt a little shy. But I noticed something. There was a girl at the last role who sat near the window. She was focusing on her lollipop when everyone gave attention to me. Her face looks really pure and innocent. She is really pretty to be honest. It’s not like she doesn’t care me on purpose but like she is really into her lollipop.

“Sakura shi…You can sit beside Hyewon at the last role”

I got back to my sense when the teacher said. Beside Hyewon? Who’s that? At the last role? Coincidently, it was beside the lollipop girl. I walked to my seat as there was another miracle happened.

“Hey Sakuchan”

The familiar voice and the familiar person. She is the girl who I met on the way to teacher’s office. What is her name again? Lee Chaeyeon.

“Chaeyeon?”

I was surprised and happy at the same time. She nodded joyfully. I greeted her on the way to my seat. Hyewon. I sat beside her seat which was just walking space between us. I was about to smile to her but she didn’t seem to notice me. I am embarrassed as I just focused to the teacher. But couldn’t help I peeked to her side sometimes.

“Kang Hyewon, stop eating when I am teaching”

The teacher warned her as she took out lollipop from . She is a bit cute. I smiled.

Chaeyeon came to me when the class was over.

“Sakuchan…I am really happy that I am in the same class with you”

“I didn’t expect that”

I answered with smile.

“I am going to cafeteria. Why don’t you go with me?”

“Sure”

I was about to greet Kang Hyewon but when I turned around to check her, she was already gone. Ehhh…

“What do you like to eat, Sakuchan?”

“Umm”

I looked around as I saw Kang Hyewon queueing up in the beef line.

“Beef”

I told to Chaeyeon as we queued in beef line too.

“I give you more beef”

The chef told to Kang Hyewon as Kang Hyewon said thank back. They seem to know her well. She looks happy. Chaeyeon and I went to one of the empty table as we ate together. Even though I was eating, my eyes were looking for the lollipop girl. I don’t know why but she is addicted.

“What are you looking for?”

Chaeyeon asked as I shook my head shyly because I got caught.

“This is your new girlfriend? She is pretty. You sure lucky”

A girl said to Chaeyeon when we were eating face to face. I was dumbed. Girlfriend? What did she mean? Chaeyeon noticed that I was confused.

“She is my ex”

“Huh?”

Chaeyeon laughed.

“You look confused. Most of the girl here is Bi since this is girl high school. There is no boy around us so we dated each other. It’s not surprising in girls’ school”

I was surprised but I nodded her words.

“Sakuchan, have you dated before? Both boy and girl?”

“I haven’t. How about you? How many girls and boys did you date?”

I asked in curiosity. She laughed at my questions.

“I didn’t date with boys but there are some girls”

At that time I saw lollipop girl headed to our table as I smiled unconsciously and didn’t hear what Chaeyeon answered.

“You will give me that?”

Kang Hyewon spoke with her straight face to Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon smiled as she gave her yogurt bottle to lollipop girl and lollipop girl smiled.

“Thank you, Chaeyeon ah”

She is so cute. I didn’t drink my yogurt yet so I was thinking to give her and introduced myself but unfortunately before my hand reached to my yogurt, lollipop girl left. So I was staring at her back.

“She is?”

“Don’t think wrong. She is not my girlfriend or ex”

I am little happy to hear that.

“She looks happy like a little kid when you give her yogurt”

I said. Chaeyeon agreed with smile.

“All she knows is food. I don’t like yogurt so I always give to her”

“Is she dated with girls too?”

“As far as I know she didn’t. But many girls are broken because of her. She is clingy type. She would stay close with girls who come and approach to her but when they confessed to her, she dumped them"

She is interesting. We went back to the class after break time was over. I took the yogurt which I didn’t drink yet with the mind of giving her. I smiled when I saw her sleeping on her table. She is easy going person. I just stared at her sleeping and smile like crazy.