No thanks babe, you're sugary enough for me...

Sugar baby by day, fake mate by night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Having Sehun glued to his body every single minute is a very interesting experience. Mainly because he doesn’t know if he wants to cry in frustration for not being able to do anything about the way the younger is touching him or because his parents are driving him crazy with their weird propositions. They seemed to have taken a liking to his so-called mate and he knows he should be happy about it, but he isn’t. What they have is fake and disturbing in many ways.

He can’t believe he’s actually paying someone to pretend to be his for a few months. What is the point of it? He’d been so convinced about it in the beginning but now he feels like shouting every time the word ‘mate’ pops up in a conversation. Being so close to the one person he can never have makes him ache all over and his heart to crack a little each time Sehun smiles at him or holds his hand.

He doesn’t really believe the human could have changed so much in only a few years, but he can’t deny how much he still desires him. No matter how hard he tries to push down on all the feelings just waiting to burst, there are moments when he slips and presses a soft kiss on Hun’s cheek or squeezes his waist a little tighter. It’s pathetic but he can’t stop himself.

Sehun is doing great at playing the devoted lover and little by little he can see how his family becomes warmer and more affectionate towards the pretty human. He can see the mistrust and tension on their features slowly ebbing off and that makes him content because this means their plan is working. Never mind that they’re playing a dangerous game which could get at least one of them hurt. They can’t back down now so he hopes the week will end on a positive note and that his relatives will finally let him decide how he wants to live his long existence.

 

They’re currently having dinner together and the atmosphere is relaxed and surprisingly friendly. Everyone is enjoying their time together and Kai can’t remember the last time they’ve all been in such perfect synthony with one another. It feels great and he has a feeling that Sehun, even without wanting to, has contributed to this sense of peace. He only hopes it’s not the calm before the storm because they’ve already been through a lot of excitement lately, so a break is more than welcome.

Th storm does come though, just not in the way the vampire would have expected. It starts with their parents making all kind of lewd propositions and pestering him about taking charge and proving to his mate just how wonderfully talented he can be, especially in bed. Kai is a little horrified to hear them talk of such things and the thought that they might have spied on him while doing the do is enough to have him almost hurling.

He prays that is not the case because otherwise he will cut all ties with his family. Forever. The discussion he currently has with his father is plain ridic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter