An Idiot's Confession

The Mindset of Idiots

The married couples were led by the allegedly real Lee Chaeryeong towards a door that looked lock for generations. Chaeryeong got a key under the rug and opened it, its creak loud enough to surround the 150-acre estate.

“What kind of room is this?” Minju asked.

“Please come in to find the answers you seek.” Chaeryeong spoke.

The four went in slowly, wowing of the very majestic room. It had a simple bed and workstation but beneath it was an archive of an aspiring learner. From a collection of books to prototypes of inventions, the four marveled it all. Yuri had the keenest eyes and stopped at the frames hung near a workstation where an inverter laid.

The frames held two degrees, one in Liberal Arts and one in Engineering. Not only that, it had the picture of the graduates. What shocked the four was that it was the graduates of the two courses were identical and had very young features, almost resembling an elementary student.

“Oh my god…” Yena reacted. “…is that…”

“Yes.” Chaeryeong faced them. “That’s my unnie…Chaeyeon.”

“Chaeyeon graduated college early?! And with two courses?!” Yujin reacted this time.

Chaeryeong nodded. She lets the four sit down and face her. Chaeryeong added a little smile before she’ll explain everything they needed to know about their friend.

“We’re the Lee family, hidden conglomerates with business as my parents’ source of living. We’re five in the family, having parents and three children, even a dog. Chaeyeon-unnie was the eldest…” Chaeryeong pointed at her portraits. “Unnie was really gifted yet she was introverted, always desiring to stay indoors and read any book Appa would give her.  She also did errands when asked and she does them excellently. She’s also a good dancer and a very excelling student, finishing primary and secondary education at age 9, finished mechanical engineering at age 11, then liberal arts at age 15. She’s also a very loving sister, the best one I could ever have…”

They all gasped. No wonder Chaeyeon was one hell on a genius and a very good friend towards them.

“Most people would see Unnie’s ability as a gift or a very harnessed skill. But to us, her family…it was her passion.” Chaeryeong added. “Unnie was always passionate about learning.”

“How did she get into Medicine?” Yuri asked. “And why did she use your name?”

Chaeryeong told them that it was going to be a very long story but all of them were eager to listen. She nodded and began to share.


“Unnie, what are you doing here?!”

“Don’t worry, Chaeryeong-ah.” Chaeyeon grinned as she adjusted an old school uniform. “I’m just strolling around and picking a class I want to get in to.”

“You’ll get caught if you do this…and you had to wear my old uniform!”

“I won’t cause trouble, Chaeryeong-ah.” Chaeyeon grinned. “It’s my vacation from freelance work and from graduating my second course. I wanted to spend it by learning again.”

Chaeryeong would’ve batted but Chaeyeon bids her ado. The younger sibling sighed and lets her be.

She wouldn’t mind. She knew that her unnie was just passionate to learn.

+++

A slap greeted Chaeryeong’s cheek as her report card was thrown on the floor. Her parents were having the talk and requested to have a look on the card. Judging from the card, her marks were terrible.

In retrospect, they weren’t low. They just didn’t meet standards.

“This is a disgrace, Chaeryeong-ah!” Her mother spat. “How could you have such low grades in Math and Science?!”

“Eomma, I at it!” Chaeryeong batted. “Even if I get tutors, I won’t understand!”

“That’s not an excuse. This shows procrastination.” Her father joined in. “Why can’t you be like Chaeyeon?”

Chaeyeon just got out of her room and saw the commotion. She saw her little sister crying that she comforted her the faced her parents. “Eomma…Appa…please don’t be so hard on Chaeryeong.”

“Chaeyeon-ah, you know excellent grades are necessary for this family.” Her father spoke. “Your mother and I had Latin honors, you finished college at an early age excellently, with two courses at that…even little Chaemin’s doing well in school and gets perfect marks.”

“Appa, you can’t force Chaeryeong to follow onto your footsteps.” Chaeyeon spoke. “If she’s not inclined to it, you can’t force her.”

“It’s a family legacy to excel. It’s what makes us, Chaeyeon-ah.” Her mother added. “What would others think that someone from the Lee family doesn’t excel?”

“Eomma, Appa, let’s end the conversation here.” Chaeyeon spoke as Chaeryeong clutched behind her. “Chaeryeong’s stressed because of your words.”

The parents were taken aback. Chaeyeon sighed and escorted Chaeryeong to her room.

+++

A compress was stuck to a cheek. Chaeryeong winced but Chaeyeon sighed and held it for her.

“I apologize for Eomma and Appa. They shouldn’t have done that.” Chaeyeon spoke.

“I’m envious of you.” Chaeryeong mumbled, looking away. “You’re just like them and then there’s me, a mediocre.”

“If you’re envious of me, you’d be envious of Chaemin too.” Chaeyeon shared.

Chaeryeong sighed and her tears dropped. Chaeyeon was quick to wipe them off until Chaeryeong tackled her for a hug.

“I want to make our parents proud through my own way but why won’t they appreciate it?” Chaeryeong spoke through cries. “Is It because I’m the dumb one in our family?”

“You’re not dumb, Chaeryeong-ah. You’re very special.” Chaeyeon spoke. “I know you have a different passion that does not involve excelling in academics. And I want you to know that I’m proud of you for that…”

Chaeryeong saw Chaeyeon hold a brochure in dancing. The younger sibling tried to snatch it but Chaeyeon had quicker hands.

“This is your passion. You want to express through movement and not through reading a book nor taking exams. And I respect that.”

“But you know Eomma and Appa, right?” Chaeryeon sighed. “They’ll never agree. And even if they did, it would be too late.”

Chaeyeon couldn’t agree more. Chaeryeong had those options but the ends were the same. She could pursue in becoming like her family or pursue her passion but in order to get that desire, she had to finish college with a practical course.

“Typical Asian parents…” Chaeyeon sighed.

“Agreed,” said Chaeryeong. “Unnie…”

“Yes?”

“Thank you for always having my back.”

“No problem. We should sleep now.” Chaeyeon spoke, tucking her younger sister to bed.

Chaeryeong slept well despite the feud. Chaeyeon gave one pat on her bed before she tucked herself her bed.

As she closed her eyes, a plan enlightens itself. It was risky and unfair but she was willing to do it for the one she cared for.

+++

“Unnie, are you sure about this?”

“Yeah.” Chaeyeon assured her. “As long as we won’t get caught…”

“You’re really doing this…for me?”

“Aish, what kind of a question is that?” Chaeyeon hugged her. “I’m your unnie. I’ll do it for you without any hesitation. We’re family, after all.”

Chaeryeong was teary again. She was really blessed to have Chaeyeon.

“Now go and have fun during the workshops. Record a video and send it to me.” Chaeyeon grinned, wiping Chaeryeong’s tears away. “Go and show a smile and not this weepy face.”

“Thanks, unnie.” Chaeryeong grinned as she hugged her.

Chaeyeon watched Chaeryeong hop out of the school using the fence. Chaeyeon checked her sister’s class schedules and a subject found her interest that she decided to attend it, starting her plan for Chaeryeong.

+++

Time passed and it was all well for the Lee sisters. Chaeyeon’s plan was to take over Chaeryeong’s academic life as the younger sibling went to her dance workshops. With their one-year gap and very similar features, no one would notice. As a result, the plan went very well, until such time Chaeryeong would finish high school.

But like any plan, there will always be instance of failure.

“Chaeryeong-ah, this is a wonderful breakthrough.” The teacher spoke. “Your grades are excellent. How about you join the Quiz Bowl for the school’s festival?”

Chaeyeon wouldn’t want to involve on extracurricular activities. Then again, it could be a bonus point to Chaeryeong’s impression for their parents.

“Okay, Miss Kang. I’ll join.”

Another teacher came inside and greeted the two. But upon looking at Chaeyeon, the second teacher was shocked.

“Chaeryeong-ah?!”

“Miss Jeon, is there something wrong?” Miss Kang asked.

“For a moment, Chaeryeong’s at the dance studio auditioning for a dance competition.” Miss Jeon spoke.

It stirred a sense of suspicion. The two teachers had a little talk outside, especially with Chaeryeong’s sudden excellence in academics to the fact that she was in a dance studio.

If Chaeryeong was auditioning, then who was the student inside the looks just like her?

It was then that Miss Jeon got back inside and spoke. “From which grade are you in, young one?”

Chaeyeon was ed up. It was about time the plan fell into place as she shook her head.

“No grade? Then what’s your name?”


“You got caught?” Minju asked.

“Technically, the both of us were caught.” Chaeryeong spoke. “I didn’t get the chance to audition and Chaeyeon-unnie didn’t get to join the Quiz Bowl. The attempts of joining activities caused conflicts. The conflicts resulted the breakthrough of our little plan.”

“But how come Chaeyeon continued to use your name in college?” Yena asked.

“Good question.” Chaeryeong commented. “That’s when our parents got involved.”


Chaeyeon and Chaeryeong would’ve been sent to the principal’s office due to their plan but when Miss Kang informed Miss Jeon about the siblings, they couldn’t do it. Having very powerful parents, a single action from faculty would cause gossip and the consequence of losing their jobs.

“Maybe we should report them to their parents and then to the principal?” Miss Jeon suggested.

Miss Kang agreed. In both hands were the siblings. Chaeyeon maintained a strong will whereas Chaeryeong grew worried of what will happen to them.

“Chaeryeong-ah, you have no right to worry.” Chaeyeon began. “If it were the instance our parents question you, it will all be on me.”

“But can’t I worry for my unnie?” Chaeryeong asked her.

The discussion was cut off as they returned to their home. Miss Kang called their parents and gave a briefing of what happened so their visit won’t be sudden. Now, Chaeyeon and Chaeryeong got inside and faced their parents, both giving looks of disappointment. Chaeryeong grew scared again, hiding behind Chaeyeon.

“What have you two been doing?!” Their mother spat.

“Chaeyeon?” Their father called for the elder. “Tell us the truth…”

Chaeyeon nodded and began to explain everything, that it was all planned out by her and that Chaeryeong went along without too much involvement. Chaeyeon also said her motives, that she wanted to learn and study, and that she wanted to give Chaeryeong better transcripts. That way, Chaeryeong can follow her dream without being held back because of her grades.

Their mother was disappointed, saying that it was unfair and that Chaeyeon tolerated Chaeryeong’s bad behavior. But for their father, he had some time to think about it and stopped his wife from lashing out onto their children. The teachers waited by the side as Chaeyeon comforted a crying Chaeryeong. For the parents, they discussed the matter until they came up with a decision.

“Chaeyeon-ah.”

“Yes, Eomma?” Chaeyeon got to full attention.

“Remember what I told you before. Once you start your battle, you must always finish it.”

Chaeyeon lowered her head and gave a nod. Their mother called the teachers and spoke. “We were always molded to become the excellent people we are. Respect may be given to us because of such reputation but behind our backs, we are mocked because of illiteracy and tiny flaws. We won’t let that happen to any of our daughters.”

The father had a softer side. He also got closer as he comforted his children. “Our Chaeyeon wants to study and our Chaeryeong wants to follow her dream in dance. For us, we want degrees of the best yet practical courses from our daughters. And for that, we pass our judgment…”

Chaeryeong was panicked again. Chaeyeon could only close her eyes and hope for the best.

“Make my Chaeyeon into a medical professional and I’ll have a degree with my Chaeryeong’s name on that wall.” Their mother spoke.

The teachers didn’t bat and nodded. Chaeyeon and Chaeryeong were shocked but Chaeyeon agreed. It would be a good addition to her passion, Chaeryeong would follow her dream while getting credentials for being a Medicine graduate, all summing up to a good image within the family once again.


“So what happened after that?” Yujin asked.

“I managed to graduate high school. I was at Julliard in college and excellently pursued Dancing while Chaeyeon-unnie went to PD48 University to pursue Medicine under my name. Chaeyeon-unnie may have done her service for our family without hesitation but she had her limit. She promised to cut all contacts after she gets the degree.”

The married couples were teary for the story. It was then they found out to why Chaeyeon was almost dubbed ‘lost’ to them after so long.

“But some people said she visited then left. What was that about?” Yuri asked.

“She couldn’t hold back. She only came when our parents died and that’s it.”

“Why did you lie of not knowing your own sister?” Minju asked again.

“At that moment, I thought you were strangers trespassing our home but I realized that you were the friends Unnie talked about. There was never a day she talked about all of you.”

The friends were shocked of it again, making them teary again.

“She really cherished moments, especially the memories she had with friends.”

They all nodded when Minju had a keen sense. She saw a news article by the wall. “Isn’t that Chaeyeon?”

“Yes. She was known because of her academic record. Being a graduate of two courses at an early age was no joke. It gave her fame yet it also gave her threats.” Chaeryeong spoke, looking at the article. “That’s a news article about Chaeyeon-unnie for she got into an accident as she graduated Liberal Arts.”

“Huh? What happened?!” The married couples asked worriedly, especially Yujin and Yena.

“She was assassinated but our parents did a lot of ways to save her.” Chaeryeong spoke. “She lost a bit of memories but she still remembered her family. We started over and Chaeyeon-unnie’s name was wiped off of fame because we fear that she’ll be at harm again.”

“That’s…really sad…” Minju commented as Yujin comforted her.

“It was. But we did whatever we can to give her new and better ones. She loved all of it, especially her memories with you two.” Chaeryeong had a right guess as she patted Yujin and Yena’s backs. “Before she left, she said: ‘One day, two idiots would be looking for me.’”

It was Yujin and Yena’s turn to turn emotional as their tears dropped and their backs were patted by their wives.

“She really misses you both. I’ll give you her address. Go to her.” Chaeryeong spoke then puts her palms together. “But please…please keep this secret.”

The four ended up relieving themselves from the drama and looked at each other before deciding.

“What secret?”

+++

Before sparing last greetings, Yujin gave the urn to Chaeryeong while Minju returned the guns back. They spared another goodbye and got inside the van. The black vehicle sped with them inside and Chaeryeong smiled a little before opening the urn. She was enraged that it was empty but luckily, one of her maids clarified that she got the wrong urn. Chaeryeong threw the wrong urn away and held onto the real one, sighing in relief.

In the van, Chaejeong was the coward of a deer caught in the headlights. She was at the back despite being the owner of the vehicle, Yujin and Yena were in front as Minju and Yuri were in the middle.

“What the hell is going on? Who was that gun girl?”

“It’s a complicated story without subtitles, Chaejeong. It’s not meant for you.” Minju spat.

“Just ignore it.” Yujin sighed as she drove.

“So where are we going?”

“Busan.” Yena answered Chaejeong.

“Busan? Why?”

“Obviously, to see Chaeyeon.” Yuri added, rolling her eyes.

“What’s that idiot doing in Busan?”

“We have no clue. All we have in address to a school,” said Yena, waving a piece of paper.

“Ha! She’s a school teacher there!” Chaejeong chuckled. “I’m VP of MND Corporation and then there’s her, A for Apple and B for Ball.”

“D for Douchebag.” Yujin mumbled as the remaining three laughed.

Her bragging about getting a deal sign from Cherry Lee while Chaeyeon was a school teacher rang inside the van. The married couple thought it was noise pollution that they grabbed anything to cover their ears, also to cover their noses just in case Chaejeong lets out her lethal weapon.

The married couples were back to memory lane again. With an addition in Chaeyeon’s story, their admiration and respect for her grew bigger. Most people would go to college just for a degree. No degree meant no decent job, no wife, even no nice car and no social status. In general, no degree meant no future and no use of existence.

But all those things didn’t matter to Chaeyeon. She only went to college for the joy of learning. Ranks didn’t matter either.

The people that had been close to Chaeyeon realized that and they were thankful that she gave them that light in amidst of the dark competition society offered.


It was the senior year for the majority of the circle of friends. All seniors in all departments were called for an orientation within their respective job fairs. Director Kim was at the front for her speech whereas the circle of friends were at the back, sitting next to each other.

“Who was the first man on the Moon?” Director Kim asked and the majority gave the answer of Niel Armstrong. “Yes. It’s Neil Armstrong and we all know it. But do you know who was the second man on the Moon?”

Obviously, most of them didn’t know.

“It’s Edwin Eugene Aldrin Jr.” Chaeryeong mumbled, wowing her friends. “But it wouldn’t matter to them…”

“Don’t waste your time for it’s not important. Nobody remembers the man who ever came second.” Director Kim began. “Soon, 50 companies will be here with job offers. You’ll have a job even before you have your final exams. This is your last lap, my friends! Put the pedal to the medal and step to the gas! Go out there and make history!”

The students gave their applause before Director Kim asked. “Any questions?”

Yujin raised her hand, getting bits of laughter from the other students. Director Kim got her attention as she stood up to ask. “Ma’am…for instance a student gets a job but narrowly fails the exams, would the student still get that job?”

“Very good question.” Director Kim rolled her eyes and got more laughter. “Anyone with the same question?”

Yena raised her hand and the laughter grew. Director Kim sighed. “As expected…”

Director Kim called for the two to come on stage, leaving their friends to worry, especially Chaeryeong. The students applauded them in mockery as they got on stage. Director Kim got in between them before speaking.

“For the past four years, these two have been the most consistent students in Medicine.” Director Kim began. “Consistently last at every exam…”

Yuri and Minju face-palmed. Chaewon and Nako were ready to explode but Chaeryeong calmed them down. The mockery continued and it was really offensive.

“Their brains will fetch a beautiful price because they’re completely unused. To answer the question, the exam won’t affect their jobs…because in retrospect, no company will hire them anyway. I guarantee it!”

Yuri and Minju couldn’t just face-palm. They were really mad like Chaewon and Nako. For Chaeryeong, she was calm yet she hated that her best friends were insulted.

“They are so unique that they’ll have their names written in gold- ‘Y3N4 Virus’ and ‘U.J1N I’. Give them a big applause, everybody!”

Director Kim did a sarcastic clap, increasing the mockery the students were giving to Yena and Yujin. The two idiots were already deep in the pit of shame as friends felt insulted for them. Chaewon and Nako were ready to blow as Yuri and Minju followed. Chaeryeong knew they wanted to do action for their friends but being the mature friend, it wasn’t worth it to face the Terrorist.

She stopped her friends from embracing anger and comforted them. She could only deliver her anger to the Terrorist with a disapproving look.

+++

It was the middle of the night and the three idiots were by the stairs at the center of the tallest building in the university. They were eating dynamites (peppers stuffed with cheese wrapped in egg roll wrappers; deep-fried) and drinking soju until they were drunk. With that state, they expressed their deepest feelings.

“Yah…I can’t believe the Terrorist transformed the two of us towards idiocy…” Yena started, earning chuckles from the other two. “She literally screwed us in front of everyone…”

“God! I’ll give up eating meat and light a thousand incense sticks!” Yujin yelled, pointing at the night sky. “Do me a favor and delete Terrorist from this world!” She continued, making her fellow idiots laugh. “Burh her in hell!! Turn her into nuggets and fry her in hot oil!!”

“Yah, Ahn Yujin…stop saying that.” Chaeryeong spoke after chugging a glass. “Do you think God’s a contract killer?”

“YOU stop saying that.” Yena batted at her. “You’re always first throughout the years studying Medicine. You’re the center of every photo throughout the years while we rotted in the corner. Luckily, the recent shoot was the last.” She face-palmed and drank another glass. “If it were the case that our years here would be extended, Yujin and I will fall out of the picture together.”

“Hey.” Chaeryeong stopped Yena. “Do you know why I came first?”

“Why?”

“I face college with all my heart, my mind, my strength, and my spirit.” Chaeryeong began. “I love to study. With that, I learned to love Medicine. It became a catalyst to ignite my passion for learning.” She pointed at Yena’s heart. “You, my big ducky, have a different passion. Do you know what it is?”

Yena didn’t answer. Chaeryeong got her backpack and opened it. Yena wondered of what she was doing but she was silenced, only to release her protesting when Chaeryeong shoved the contents out then grabbing a letter.

“This. This is your passion.” Chaeryeong waved it around, preventing Yena from catching it. “Post this letter, for ’s sake.”

“What letter?” Yujin returned from her rants and joined them.

“When she sat foot in PD48 University, she wrote this letter for her favorite photographer and critic. Her name’s Ji-“

“Yeo. Ji Yeo…” Yena disrupted her.

“She wanted to train with her in New York. But in fear of her mother, the female Hitler, she never posted it.” Chaeryeong spoke and Yujin chuckled while drinking. “Yena-ya, quit Medicine and marry the Muse, please. Follow your talent.”

Yena was in denial. Her heart was closed to an advice but was open for another bottle of soju. Chaeryeong drank then sighed, persuading her again. “If Michael Jackson was forced to become a boxer while Mohammad Ali was forced to become a singer, imagine the disaster and the loss of not knowing that such people could make history within their fields, simply by following their hearts. You get me?”

Yena sighed and lowered her head, making Chaeryeong sigh again. “What an idiot. She loves photography and critiquing but chose to marry Medicine.”

Yujin thought that Chaeryeong was being her Eminence again that she decided to ask. “Oh, great Eminence Lee Chaeryeong. Medicine is both my mistress and wife. I try my best but I still fail. Why?”

“Because you’re a coward who’s scared of the future.” Chaeryeong spat directly, grabbing Yujin’s hands that had rings. “You have more holy rings than fingers, each ring representing one fear. Your thumb is for the exam, your middle fingers are for Wonyoung and Gahyeon, your ring finger is for Minju’s impression towards you, and your point’s for your job.” She huffed. “If you have such great fear of the future, how will you live today?”

Chaeryeong had a very good point and Yujin was hit with that realization.

“With the manifestations of fear taking over you, how will you focus on your studies?” Chaeryeong huffed and emptied her glass while pouring another drink. “I have very strange buddies, both living in fear and pretense.”

“You’re not as different from us, Chaeryeong-ah.” Yena cackled.

“Pft. Get out of here-“

“No! It’s serious!” Yena added. “You’re scared to tell Sakura-san that you love her…so you become the martyr and pretend that you don’t.”

Yujin joined with the teasing and Chaeryeong thought it was rubbish.

“Well, I’ll be…” Yujin added. “Here we have the Eminence Lee Chaeryeong. She’s good at giving advice to others but never follows her own.” She nudged her. “Have the bosom, Your Eminence? Go and confess to Sakura-san.”

“What the-there’s no connection-“

“There is, Your Eminence…a deep one at that…” Yujin spat.

“Listen, if you confess to Sakura-san, I’ll break up with Medicine and marry Photography.” Yena spoke. “ my mother’s own desire.”

“Yeah! And I’ll get rid of my rings during the interview. How’s that for a compromise?” Yujin joined her.

Yena and Yujin were eager to have a deal with Chaeryeong…or maybe it was the soju?

“You don’t have the bosom, Chaeryeong-ah?” Yena cackled as she collapsed.

“Oh my…her Eminence is speechless!” Yujin cackled with her.

The two idiots cackled a lot and drank a lot. Chaeryeong was driven that she got up and drank, facing them. “Follow me.”

“Where?” Yujin asked, getting up.

“Follow me.” Chaeryeong said again, emptying her glass.

“Tell us where~” Yena whined.

Chaeryeong grinned and smiled. “Follow me.”

+++

The three idiots got to a special village within the campus, just near the dormitory. It was a special part for faculty, even Nako lived in a little house for the working students that’s resided in the premises. Also, at its center was the house of Director Kim the Terrorist and possibly where Sakura would reside.

“Hey, Terrorist! I’m the anti-Terrorist!” Yujin yelled at the sign that had her initials.

“Kim Jung Eun. No wonder she’s dubbed as the Terrorist!” Yena cackled then looked around. “I hope there’s no dog here.”

“Cowards. It’s not closed shut.” Chaeryeong mumbled and opened the gates. “Come on.”

“If there’s any danger, I’ll give the Terrorist alert!” Yujin said then wooed.

Chaeryeong shuts her up and went inside. Yena and Yujin were at her tail, with Yujin doing her own antics from breaking the sign to flattening the tires of Director Kim’s white car, including her bicycle. For Chaeryeong and Yena, they climbed up the house’s balcony, bottles of soju in hand. They got inside a room where someone was sleeping. Chaeryeong got in while Yena sat at the window, gulping her soju down. She would make random duck noises sometimes and Chaeryeong would silence her.

The third idiot exhaled and got into position, sitting next to the sleeping silhouette. Yena grabbed the guitar from the side and decided to play background music. “Which song should I play, Chaeryeong-ah?”

“Your choice…” Chaeryeong mumbled then hiccupped.

“I call this song: ‘You’re in Love, aren’t you?’” Yena spoke then sang.

“Sakura-san.” Chaeryeong called.

“Who is it?” The body responded in panic yet Chaeryeong held the hand and shushed her.

“It’s me, Chaeryeong.” The bear spoke with her ‘poobrain’ face. “Please don’t yell. I just need to tell you something and then I’m gone.”

Until yesterday~ Yena sang again, giggling like .

“Sakura-san…” Chaeryeong held her hand after getting a ‘yes?’. “Those minutes with you in car were the best minutes of my life. I could spend an eternity with you in that car.”

Chaeryeong received a wow and a thumbs-up, making her giggle and give one back. Yena also giggled of the moment as she resumed singing. Chaeryeong sighed and held the hand tenderly and with both of her hands.

“Every night, you ride in my dreams in your car, dressed as a bride. Instead of a veil, you let your retractable roof lift before you hop out. Then, you come closer and kiss me…” Chaeryeong sighed. “…but the kiss didn’t happen.”

“Why?”

“Because the noses collided and I woke up.” Chaeryeong spoke.

The lamp the side and a woman was out of the blankets. “The noses don’t collide, stupid.”

Chaeryeong was shocked of her as her body fell and rolled like she was as fat as Winnie the Pooh. Yena stopped playing and singing and was as shocked as Chaeryeong. Nonetheless, Chaeryeong got up and regained her composure.

“I’m so sorry. I thought you were Sakura-san.”

“I wish I was.” The woman smiled.

At her back, Sakura popped out. “Hyewon-unnie, why did you interrupt? It took her four years to say it.”

“Sakura, kiss her. Show her that noses don’t collide.” Hyewon grinned. “You have my permission so go and kiss her. She’s just as cute as the late Kaeun.”

“Who’s this?” Chaeryeong asked.

“Hyewon-unnie. Remember from the wedding?” Sakura spoke.

Chaeryeong got the idea. Hyewon noticed Yena and pointed. “Who are you?”

The big ducky returned the guitar and went together with her bottle of soju. Despite being acrophobic, she jumped off of the balcony and giggled while drinking her soju. At the sisters’ room, Hyewon shared about her baby girl, thirty-six weeks in her womb.

“When you were talking, she kicked. It’s been a while since she responded…” Hyewon sighed. “…ever since Kaeun passed away.”

Sakura sighed like her sister. “She only kicks when Unnie or Kaeun-chan talk.”

“She? How do you know that it’s a ‘she’?” Chaeryeong asked.

“Amniocentesis.” Hyewon shared. (Amniocentesis is a prenatal test that's used to check for certain genetic problems, usually around 16 weeks) “Luckily, it’s a girl…an omega.”

“If it wasn’t?” Chaeryeong asked.

“Abortion.” Sakura spoke for Hyewon. “Misandry runs in the household. Also, she asked the astrologer is we’d get Engineering, Nursing, or Medicine.”

“Meaning?” Chaeryeong was confused.

“Alpha for Engineering, Beta for Nursing, Omega for Medicine.” Sakura said.

“Woah there, little rabbit. Best if you stay in there for the world’s a cruel circus.” Chaeryeong spoke to the baby inside, making Hyewon and Sakura adore her. “Your grandaunt will be the ringmaster and she’ll crack her whip- ‘Run! Life’s a race! Be a medical professional! But remember to follow your heart. If she scares you, put you hand on your heart and say, ‘All is well.’”

“Ha! She kicked!” Hyewon was really happy. “I also felt her hands clutching! Say it again!”

“All is well.” Chaeryeong and Sakura spoke.

“She kicked again!” Hyewon became giddy, letting Sakura and Chaeryeong feel her stomach. “All is well!”

The baby inside kicked for the third time. The three were really happy until it was disrupted by Yena and Yujin’s voices yelling the same three words. Not only that, they were by the mailbox, pouring liquor inside.

“Oh …” Chaeryeong mumbled.

“Go!” Sakura pushes her out of the balcony.

Chaeryeong jumped down and went to Yujin and Yena, pulling them away for escape. The sleeping Terrorist had her trouble sleeping due to the noises but with the evident volume, the Terrorist has come out of her den. The three idiots knew they had to escape.

Director Kim was now raging, almost slipping due to the liquor. She held her flashlight and yelled. “Who is it?!”

“Your future niece-in-law at the wedding reception!” A big ducky was seen cackling before she was pulled away.

“Choi Yena?” Director Kim was shocked then exploded. “Security!!”

Her voice boomed around campus that it sent a guard from the main gate to chase the three idiots. Chaeryeong, Yena, and Yujin were in a wild goose chase with the guard on their tail. They were lucky to escape and hid inside a classroom, going to the back. The guard got inside but she wasn’t able to find the three, leaving her to lock the classroom.

Inside, the three idiots were knocked out and slumping. For Chaeryeong, she ended with a complete mission and a mumble of a name.

“Eunbi-ya…”