All is Well For the Idiots

The Mindset of Idiots

It was a bustling day in Seoul, especially in the business sector. A famous figure and her two underlings were inside a corporation for a business meeting and a conference. For now, they were walking towards the setting, rejecting an offer to be escorted by her other subordinates.

“We could’ve gone with them. My legs are killing me.” Nako huffed. “Why do we have to wear heels?”

“For formalities. You need it most because of your height.” Hitomi shared.

“You better not argue in front of me. We have business, remember?”

“Yes, Chaeyeon-ah.” They nodded.

They arrived at a door. Chaeyeon faced the other two persons who were with them. Kevin, Marcus. You may go and rest at your quarters.

But Miss Cherry, we need to be at our posts today.

I can’t persuade you, can I?

The bodyguards shook their heads and got to their sides.

“Such English skills, Chaeyeon-ah.” Nako chuckled.

“I try.” Chaeyeon said as she opened the door.

The three were greeted by flashes and a bombardment of questions mixed in a series of gibberish voices. Nako and Hitomi were on the side as Chaeyeon went to the pedestal for the many business enthusiasts, fellow entrepreneurs, and the press to see.

It has been a while since Chaeyeon showed herself in a sea of people. Back then, it was school-related business but now was the real deal. She was facing people from around the world. It was time for her truest voice to be heard.

I am Cherry Lee, the said scientist, the head of WM Elementary School, the one with 2000 patents, and the Lee Chaeyeon that became a super-genius at an early age.

Nako and Hitomi were shocked. The people had many reactions. Some were in awe, yet others shocked about a well-known person bound to death, facing them alive. Chaeyeon paid no heed and continued to speak.

For the first time in my two lives, I have exposed myself and I will share my future endeavors within my career to all of you.

Nako went to Chaeyeon to hand out her notes. Chaeyeon thanked her a lot, sweat coursing through her system due to nervousness. Then again, this was the one situation that she’d been conquering within her new life and the one situation she’ll conquer throughout her life.

WM Corporate was a dream. It would become a large sector within many aspects of our society, ranging from education, development, economic outcomes, industrialization, and livelihood. For the first time in my timeline within my career as a scientist and an educator, I make this into a reality. I will use my knowledge and resources to help a larger mass of people.

Chaeyeon showed her platform of a corporate, aiming it to become a catalyst for many aspects of institutions and systems, mostly towards education. She also showed the companies she’ll hold, causing a stir within the people. Chaeyeon had it coming but it wasn’t weakening her one bit.

She held the mic and the people were silent again as they were eager to listen and know more.

If one is a beacon of intelligence, skills, and values, one must not hide in the shadows. We can not and we must not. One must work as an example to all our brothers and sisters and must treat each other as if we are one family, one nation, and one tribe.

“Miss Cherry?” A Korean press asked. “Does this imply that you’re going to invest a company within various sectors of our economic society?”

“Yes.” Chaeyeon nodded.

But what can one person offer in a world where many have different variants in intelligence, skills, and value? Isn’t it too much, Miss Lee? An American reporter asked.

It’s never too much as long as your heart aims to create networks, to help the people, and to do for the benefit of everyone. And with what’s happening around us, our bond must be tightened more than ever.

Everyone was silent yet their reactions were filled with awe.

The illusions of our visions are written in our very existence. We all know many things, from lies to truths. It either connects us or separates us. But one thing stand out. And it’s that the wise build bridges and the fools build barriers. As I said before, we must work as an example to all our brothers and sisters and must treat each other as if we are one.

With all due respect, Miss Lee. A Japanese entrepreneur spoke. With the various objectives and companies within that project, what are the plans?

We’ve heard that you’re giving positions to some of your subordinates towards a certain project? Is this the project that you’re pertaining to? A reporter asked.

This is the said project. Chaeyeon said. And for the plans, they will be discussed in the next part.

Chaeyeon presented her slides and it was Nako and Hitomi’s cue to join and help her. They discussed about the companies that joined them, thirteen stationed in Korea while five in Japan, each having specific collaborations and targeted objectives and sectors. For Chaeyeon’s investment and dedication, they mostly targeted educational, economical, medicinal, and social systems. The people start to understand, even an applause was done after the discussions.

“Question, Miss Cherry.” A Korean entrepreneur asked. “We’ve heard about the deal signing with MND Corporation.”

“That was decided. In fact, Yabuki Nako and Honda Hitomi will become their next President and Vice President.”

Nako and Hitomi were taken aback but the applause wasn’t helped. Chaeyeon presents onstage and the two subordinates responded with little bows.

“MND Corporation will be under WM Corporate now. Yesterday was the deal signing and all matters were settled, even this one. All clarifications will be updated on our trusted websites. That would be all.”

The conference ended just like that. The three went out and finally relieved themselves from their business matters.

“Yah, Chaeyeon-ah. Was this the ‘change of plans’?” Nako asked.

“Yes. I decided to station myself here in Seoul. The school in Busan will not be left behind for I have contacted my youngest sister to take over.” Chaeyeon said. “Chaemi loves education so I give her the task.”

“Why did you do this?”

“So that my trusted friends can have a better life with me.” Chaeyeon faced them and patted their heads. “Also, so that we can live and work here in Seoul. That way, we’ll always be close to home and to our loved ones.”

Nako and Hitomi couldn’t help their tears of joy. Chaeyeon understood their feelings that she hugged them, telling them that it was okay. Nako and Hitomi hugged back and said their thanks.

The moment had to be stopped, tears wiped away and a future President answering her ringing phone. “Hello?”

NAKO-CHAAN~

Nako chuckled and got her phone away from her ear. “Hey, Yujin-ah!”

Are you guys free now? Yena and I decided for us to have a reunion. Everyone will come.

Nako holds the call for a moment and shared the details to the other two. “We’re good to go now, right?”

“Yes.” Chaeyeon agreed.

Nako got back to the call. “We’re good to go, Yujin-ah. Where’s the place?”

Baskin ‘n Robbins. Come on! We want to see all of you again.

“Okay. We’ll be there.” Nako said and hung up.

“Alright! Let’s go to our rooms and change!” Hitomi cheered and went ahead. “These heels are killing me.”

Chaeyeon and Nako laughed and followed.

+++

“Love, are you ready?” Yena called.

“Just a minute.” Yuri got out if their room as she fixed her hair.

“Aigoo…” Yena reacted and cupped her cheeks. “This is just a casual meeting. We don’t need to look that good. And besides, you’re pretty without makeup.”

“I want to. Even you need to look good.” Yuri spoke and pinched Yena’s cheeks. “Chaeyeon, Nako, and Hitomi are finally back home. We need to show a good impression.”

“Okay, okay…” Yena said as she tied her hair properly. “Better?”

“Better. Now let’s go and pick Minju and Yujin up.”

Yuri went ahead as Yena checked the house before locking it. As the couple got in their car, excitement coursed in their veins, especially Yena. She was really happy. She will see her friends again. She will see Chaeyeon again.

Within a few minutes of travel, they arrived at the Ahn residence. Yena and Yuri went to knock and Yujin welcomed them, with Yena covering Yuri’s eyes.

“Aish, you forgot your pants again!” Yena huffed.

“Whoopsies.” Yujin cackled and puts her article on.

“Where’s Minju?” Yuri asked.

“She’s at our bedroom getting ready.”

Yena stayed with her best bud while Yuri went up to search forr her own. She saw Minju and she was doing her makeup, her eyes exchanging looks towards her reflection and towards her best friend. “Yuri-ya!”

“Hey.” Yuri waved. “Are you ready?”

“Has Yujin wore her pants?”

“She has. Now let’s go!”

Yuri pulled Minju outside once she finished. Their husbands stopped their antics and adored their wives while they got outside towards the Prius.

The ride was fun yet quick. With their excitement to see Chaeyeon, they had to arrive at the place quickly. Eventually, they arrived and saw Chaewon and Sakura inside. Yuri managed to park the Prius and the married couples got out and went inside the ice cream shop. The two greeted them with hugs and they sat.

“Where could Chaeyeon be?” Chaewon looked around. “Are you sure she’s coming.”

“Nako texted. They’ll be here in a few minutes.” Yujin said.

Sakura excused herself to order their ice cream cakes. Chaewon sighed as she became the fifth wheel.

“Too much love in the air.” Chaewon spat.

“You and Wonyoung will become wheels soon.” Yena spoke.

Yujin reacted and went inside to call her sister. The rest couldn’t help their laughs as Sakura got back with an ice cream cake as Chaewon went to get the other.

“Yujin’s been like that ever since Wonyoung was well. Such an overprotective unnie.” Minju shared.

They watched the outside and saw a black car parked close to where Yujin was standing. They saw the doors open and Nako, and Hitomi coming out, with Yujin hugging the life out of them. The familiar blonde came out next and all of them reacted.

The ones outside finally got inside and greeted the others. It was a wonderful exchange of hugs, kisses, and reunions. It was more special to three best friends and it was the most special to a newly developing couple.

“Make that three third wheels,” said Chaewon, with Nako and Hitomi nodding.

“Anyway, I’m glad to see you guys again.” Chaeyeon felt relieved. “We should eat the cakes now.”

“Right!” Yena agreed and they held hands. “Thank you for the cakes!!”

It was a simple yet wonderful time for them. They looked like child-minded adults eating ice cream cakes but it didn’t matter to them. It was all about friendship and a reunion that they died to have after so long.

The moment subsided to sullen talks and empty cardboards and spoons.

“Where’s Hyewon-unnie and Wonyoung?” Chaeyeon asked.

“I became a protective unnie. Well, all of my siblings did.” Yujin began. “Wonyoung’s in her first year in college and is studying well in Medicine. We decided that she focuses on her studies during the weekdays and have fun during the weekends.”

“For Hyewon-unnie, she’s in Shanghai with Chowon-unnie and Minami. Family vacation.” Sakura shared.

“Chaeyeon-chan, it’s about time you share the great news.” Nako added.

“What news?” Everyone questioned, except Nako, Hitomi, and Chaeyeon.

“WM Elementary School is now under my sister’s care. The three of us will station ourselves here in Seoul. That way, we’re close to home.”

All of them were really happy. Sakura took it the most as she hugged Chaeyeon tight. Yena and Yujin couldn’t help but hug their best friend too.

“Ah...I need to return home.” Chaewon sighed. “I need to check on my cat.”

“Us too. We’re sleepy.” Nako and Hitomi yawned.

“Okay. We should settle about the next meetup.” Yena said. “You’ll agree this time, Chaewon.”

“I’ll agree on the weekends. That way, the rest can join us.”

Everything was settled and it was time for all of them to go. They shared the last of hugs and went on their separate ways.

“Aren’t you joining us, Chaeyeon-chan?” Nako asked.

“Just send Chaewon home. Kkura and I-“

“Say no more. Bye.” Nako said and the car sped off.

“See ya, lovebirds.” Yena and Yujin spoke and the Prius also left.

Chaeyeon and Sakura chuckled, watching the two cars drive away. Chaeyeon averted her look towards Sakura and she felt the world stop. But in the amidst of that feeling, her heart didn’t.

It had been ten months since they saw each other. Chaeyeon’s feelings stayed yet she wonders if Sakura’s feelings changed.

“Kkura-“

Sakura shuts her up by putting a finger on her lips, saying. “Come with me to the apartment.”

Chaeyeon agreed and they walked side by side, hands holding hands. The walks were slow and they never thought to arrive quickly. Nonetheless, Sakura pulled Chaeyeon inside to make herself at home.

“You’re alone?” Chaeyeon asked.

“Yeah.” Sakura answered. “That’s because I would never let anyone sleep here but us.”

Chaeyeon was pulled into a bone-crushing hug and heard Sakura’s cries from there. Chaeyeon hugged her back, a tear running down from her cheek. Her feelings stayed yet she wonders if Sakura’s feelings changed. Thank the stars, she didn’t.

“Jjaeyeon…” Sakura mumbled.

“Kkura…” Chaeyeon cried harder and hugged her tighter.

“I miss you so much…”

“I miss you more.”

“I thought we’d-“

“-never see each other again?” Chaeyeon asked once they broke. “Not a chance. I promise I’d come back for you, remember?”

Sakura nodded and hugged her still. Chaeyeon stayed on her place as she thought about many things.

One thought remained superior. And it was that she returned for her friends and for Sakura.

+++

Another morning came as Sakura woke up like a zombie. She checked her phone and she was relieved that it was a Sunday. But then, all of the relief faded when there was an empty space on her bed.

“Jjaeyeon…” She spoke out of the wind as she jolted up.

She disregarded her disheveled hair and her large pink shirt as she went to look for Chaeyeon. Her rants were almost audible and her frustrations doubled, especially when she saw that the black cardigan the blonde woman wore was gone.

“I washed it.”

Sakura looked back and saw Chaeyeon cooking. Her usual system rebooted back to normal and it was evident with her smiles.

“Good morning, Kkura.” Chaeyeon greeted while putting a plate of sandwiches. “Breakfast is served.”

Sakura’s stomach wrecked the moment. She took a bite and whined, making Chaeyeon alert. “Is it bad?”

“Oishi.” Sakura spoke, making Chaeyeon smile.

Sakura emptied the first and made room for her second and third. Chaeyeon was glad that she loved the sandwiches but she worried when Sakura was choking.

“Slow down.” Chaeyeon handed a glass of juice. “Food doesn’t have feet. It won’t run away even if you eat like molasses.”

“You and your words…” Sakura spoke after she gulped. “Join me for breakfast.”

“I can’t, Kkura. I’m on an immediate fasting.”

“But you’ll get hungry.” Sakura pouted and handed a sandwich. “Just one, please?”

“No time. We have a date to go.” Chaeyeon said and pointed towards a casual dress. “Finish your breakfast and get ready.”

Sakura was excited that she ate fast again, with Chaeyeon worrying about her again. “Slow down, Kkura.”

“But I want to go on our date now.”

“Don’t rush. We have all day.” Chaeyeon poked her cheek. “I’ll wait here in the living room and clean up.”

Sakura replied with a kiss on her cheek. Chaeyeon couldn’t help her smile while she cleaned up and got herself ready. A simple long-sleeve, black pants, and white shoes did good that she did a little dance while facing the mirror. She waddled around the living room, stopping at a familiar frame.

“You haven’t taken it down.” Chaeyeon mumbled as she reached for the frame.

It was her with Kaeun, Sakura, and Eunbi. Chaeyeon’s hands caressed each face, especially to the ones who died. It stopped on Eunbi and she cried.

She missed her.

“Jjaeyeon?”

Chaeyeon stops her tears and calmed before she faced Sakura. Her world stopped again, eyes glued to the woman wearing the pink casual dress she bought.

“How do I look?” Sakura twirled.

“Gorgeous.”

Sakura went mushy as she was defensive by lightly punching Chaeyeon’s shoulder. Nonetheless, they were ready to go on their date.

Sakura was excited. She couldn’t wait to have Chaeyeon for herself the whole day.

+++

Sakura could drop all her emotions for today. Chaeyeon was stuck to her word and they dated the whole day. From eating out, seeing sights, and to doing things together, they did uncountable ways to each other’s companies that made their date very special.

“You’re the sweetest woman in the world.” Sakura reached to caress Chaeyeon’s cheek. “You know that, right?”

“Thank you.” Chaeyeon felt them while driving Sakura’s car. “Are you tired?”

“No. I would never get tired when you’re with me.”

“You sure, Kkura?” Chaeyeon asked.

“I’m sure, Jjaeyeon.”

“Although it’s late in the night, there’s one last stop.”

Sakura wondered but with the candles they had, she realized where their last spot was. After a left turn and a drive forward, they arrived at the place. Chaeyeon drove the car in and stopped at a crossing.

“You remember…” Sakura commented.

“How could I forget?” Chaeyeon said as she got matches. “Why don’t you carry the candles?”

Sakura nodded and they got out. They found the specific spot and Sakura placed the candles. Chaeyeon lit them up and they backed away, silence filling the air.

They were the graves of Eunbi and Kaeun. Sakura visited them whenever she had time. Chaeyeon had the saddest memory because she hasn’t visited them for so long, especially Eunbi. The silence took longer as they said their individual prayers.

For Sakura, she missed her sister and her first love. She would pray their well-being up the peaceful place. She also prayed the bad times, especially of her love and longing towards Kaeun. For Chaeyeon, she had double the prayers. She missed Eunbi and said her sorry for not seeing her for so long. But of all the things Chaeyeon prayed, she asked for forgiveness of not being there for Eunbi when the latter searched for her and when she continued to love her in times of longing.

The two had regrets when they lost their first loves but they cannot dwell into them forever. Eunbi and Kaeun would want them to move on from the bad and love for the good. Sakura prayed that last thing to Kaeun, that she can feel love like what Kaeun gave her…through Chaeyeon.

Sakura finished first, only to see Chaeyeon weep. She saw her kneel and rest her head on Eunbi’s grave. Seeing Chaeyeon made Sakura cry too. Sakura couldn’t help it that she went to back-hug Chaeyeon, shushing her. She understood Chaeyeon, especially the fact that she loved Eunbi with everything she had. They remained on their positions until Chaeyeon calmed down.

“S-Sorry…” Chaeyeon wiped her tears away. “…I just…”

“I know…” Sakura eased her. “I felt the same for Kaeun-chan. If only…if only they weren’t taken away from us.”

Sakura was right. If only she hadn’t been away, Eunbi and her would still be together, just as much as Sakura was with Kaeun.

“But they wouldn’t want us to cry like this. We need to be happy for them. We need to live for them. We need to love for them.” Sakura spoke.

“K-Kaeun-nim…Eunbi-ya…” Chaeyeon called. “…may we have your permission?”

Sakura eased Chaeyeon still, also asking for it. Just then, two fireflies flew towards them, landing on their held hands before flying up towards the Moon. Not only that, the night was sullen that no human will ever feel fear.

It was Eunbi and Kaeun’s answer, that they approve of Chaeyeon and Sakura’s relationship.

“What do you think is the meaning of their answers?” Chaeyeon asked as she stopped crying.

“I’m uncertain. But I think it’s good.” Sakura said.

Chaeyeon got up and held Sakura’s hand. They said the last of their prayers and returned to the car. Sakura was relieved but her worry didn’t fade as Chaeyeon was quiet. She called her when Chaeyeon spoke. “Look at your right hand.”

“Huh? Why, Jjaeyeon?”

“Just look…please?”

Sakura nodded and looked, freezing of something metallic wrapped around a finger. “What is this?”

“I put it on your finger when you slept. I didn’t tell you because I wanted to ask Eunbi and Kaeun’s permission. I finally did it with you and now, I need to say it directly this time.”

Sakura froze as Chaeyeon faced her, holding the said hand.

“Kkura, we were best friends, having different lovers but sharing the same bond. Never have I thought that I’d like you when I saw you at PD48 University. I didn’t show my feelings at first because you were in the arms and in the heart of a decent woman. I didn’t mind because you were happy. But when a lot of things happened, I never thought my feelings for you had a purpose. I may not be as decent as Kaeun-nim but I want to try to become one…for you.”

Sakura looked at the object wrapped on her finger and she cried again. Chaeyeon joined her but she had to finish.

“What I said at the White Dunes was true, that I found love again through another, with that ‘another’ being you. But I waited and did things gradually because I want what’s best for you… because you mean a lot to me.”

“Jjaeyeon…”

“Kkura…” Chaeyeon spoke. “…will you marry me?”

Sakura cried. Chaeyeon hopped off of the driver’s and went to the other side to face Sakura properly. Once Sakura opened the door, she hugged Chaeyeon, saying her mantra of ‘Yes’.

Every day was worth spending with loved ones, putting them in our mind and heart, and them being our source of strength and will to live. Chaeyeon and Sakura felt that with their first loves, only to end up being for each other. It wasn’t minded by many. It wasn’t dubbed as betrayal towards their first loves because it was the Almighty’s plan for them.

Sakura was the happiest. She never thought of having the best date turned proposal. Now, her dark emotions were tosses aside as she sees the hope to be herself again…

…with Chaeyeon.

+++

“Ugh…Medicine sometimes…” Wonyoung huffed and rested by the kiosks.

“Oi, Ken!” Her best friend spoke. “What’s wrong?”

“The recent class was ed up, Jack.” Wonyoung spat. “The teacher was stupidly annoying.”

“Don’t mind. We’ll get through this.” Her best friend added while patting her own chest. “All is well, all is well!”

Wonyoung smiled and nodded. Those three words comforted her because it was her sole support of living again. It was also a wonderful memory of her unnie and her two best friends.

“You know, Yujin-unnie said those words to me and I was healed.”

“I heard that. That was always a tear-jerking moment,” said her best friend.

“Speaking of which, Unnie called.” Wonyoung spoke then excused herself to answer her call. “Hello?”

Wonyoung-ah, are you done with your class?

“Yes. Jack and I are about to go home.”

Your Chaeyeon-unnie, Nako-neesan, and Hitomi-neesan have returned. We’ll be going out to eat…and you’ll be coming.

Wonyoung cheered, leaving her best friend to laugh at her.

Let your best friend join us. She’d love to meet Chaeyeon.

“Okay. Where’s the place?”

At the BBY2 Restaurant, the one owned by your Hyewon-unnie.

“Okay. We’ll go there. Bye.”

Wonyoung hung up and got back to her best friend’s attention. “One of my favorite unnies has returned. We’re eating outside tonight.”

“Nice.”

“Come on.” Wonyoung got up and pulled her.

“Eh?! I’ll feel out of place!!”

“Yujin-unnie invited you and you won’t say no, okay?” Wonyoung said. “Come on. My unnies will love to meet you.”

“Really?”

“Yes, really. Please, Jack?”

Wonyoung’s best friend agreed and they went out of the campus. They hitched a taxi to the place as Wonyoung became giddy.

“Someone’s happy,” said her best friend again.

“I haven’t seen her for so long. She’s one of the most important people in my life for she saved me from dying.” Wonyoung spoke. “She’s also someone who you’d die to meet.”

“Who’s this special unnie?”

“Cherry Lee.”

“What?!” Her best friend gasped. “Your special unnie is THE Cherry Lee?!!”

“The one and only.” Wonyoung winked.

“Okay. I don’t regret you telling me to come because I’m dying to meet her.”

“I know. And we’re here!” Wonyoung cheered.

The two shared the fare and got out. They fixed themselves a bit before going in and meeting Hyewon.

“Unnie!” Wonyoung hugged her.

“It’s nice to see you again!” Hyewon smiled then froze towards her friend.

“My best friend, unnie.” Wonyoung introduced. “Yujin-unnie wanted to invite her. I’m sure you won’t mind.”

Hyewon saw Wonyoung’s best friend bow and introduce herself. It took a while for Hyewon to register but she welcomed the other girl, hugging her like they were close.

“Pleasure to meet you. Follow me.” Hyewon smiled.

The two students followed the eldest and they got to a private area. Wonyoung greeted her unnies, especially Nako and Hitomi. Her last stop was towards Chaeyeon.

“Unnie!!” Wonyoung cried as she hugged her. “I miss you so much, unnie…”

“I miss you too.” Chaeyeon hugged.

“Jack, join us!” Yujin called her sister’s best friend.

“Jack?” Chaeyeon wondered.

“My best friend and I are the rabbits.” Wonyoung cheered. “I’m Ken and she’s Jack.”

“Why Ken and Jack?” Yena asked.

“Jack for 직은, meaning small rabbit…and Ken for 큰, meaning big rabbit.” Chaeyeon said.

“As expected from Cherry Lee herself.” Wonyoung hugged her again. “She’s a big fan of you, unnie.”

“Really?”

“Jack. I want you to meet THE Cherry Lee, my Chaeyeon-unnie.”

It was a shocker for most of them, especially for Hyewon and Sakura. Chaeyeon couldn’t believe herself but this was a sign that metempsychosis was possible.

Those Indians were right after all…

“Nice to meet you.” Chaeyeon lent a hand. “May I know your name?”

“It’s Eunbi. Kwon Eunbi.” She said, shaking her hand back. “It’s been a honor to meet you, Miss Cherry Lee.”

“Please. Call me Chaeyeon. Lee Chaeyeon.” The older spoke. “You should join us for more gatherings, Eunbi.”

“B-But-“

“Don’t be embarrassed. Not in front of Chaeyeon-unnie.” Wonyoung shared.

“Wonyoung’s right.” Yujin added. “From now on, you will always be welcome in our circle, Eunbi-ya.”

Eunbi bowed her thanks. Hyewon wrecked the moment, saying. “We can’t keep the food waiting.”

“We’re a circle of friends, different in walks but having the same ends towards good lives. I’m sure you’re like that, Eunbi-ya.”

“I am…Chaeyeon-unnie.”

“That’s good to hear. Now join us.”

Wonyoung and Eunbi sat beside each other and enjoyed a gathering with good food, friends, and precious moments.

+++

Yena relaxed on her seat as Yujin slapped her head. “Get up, you duck. We’ve arrived home.”

“Phew. For a moment, I would’ve faked another heart attack just for this plane to land quickly.” Yena huffed.

“Chaeyeon-ah. Wake up, buddy.” Yujin called the person on her right.

“Oh! We’re home!” Chaeyeon cheered.

The three idiots waited for their turns and managed to get out of the plane. After checking out their luggage, a sign got their attention.

“The ? Who wrote ‘Three Idiots’ in our card?” Yujin pointed. “Aigoo…my wife had to hold it.”

Minju, Sakura, and Yuri waved to welcome them home. The three idiots ran to hug their wives.

Yes. Chaeyeon became Sakura’s husband as they wedded before Chaeyeon left for Germany due to a business meeting. Yena and Yujin happened to be part of the meeting based on their fields and the three had a wonderful time together.

“My darling must be tired from the jet lag.” Yuri pinched Yena’s lips. “We should go and rest.”

“Maybe later.” Yena said.

“Why?” The wives asked.

“We want to go back to PD48 University and reminisce the place.” Yujin said. “We want to come with Chaeyeon because she hasn’t visited the school.”

“Okay. But no more outdoor shenanigans. Go home immediately.” Minju instructed.

“Same for you.” Sakura pinched Chaeyeon’s cheeks.

Yena and Yujin got their luggage inside Yuri’s Prius while Chaeyeon puts hers inside Sakura’s Z4. The wives insisted of sending them to the university but the husbands insisted in taking a taxi.

The husbands bid goodbye to their wives again and got a taxi. The vehicles drove in separate ways with the three gasping of the driver.

“Lee Chaejeong?!”

“Hey, guys. Miss Cherry.” She greeted. “Where are we off to?”

“PD48 University via Seodal-ro. That way, you won’t get beaten by the traffic.” Chaeyeon suggested.

Chaejeong obeyed and followed the said route. Just as Chaeyeon said, it saved her from the traffic. Yena and Yujin considered it as a short trip because it was awkward to see Chaejeong.

From VP of MND Corporation to a taxi driver.

“We’re here.” Yena and Yujin cheered and split the fare.

“I’ll pay. Why don’t you guys ahead?” Chaeyeon said. “I insist.”

“Okay, buddy. Thanks for the lift, Chaejeong-ah.”

Now, the said arch-enemies were left in the vehicle. Chaeyeon sighed and gave the fare. Chaejeong would’ve given the change when Chaeyeon stopped her. “Please keep the change, Chaejeong-ah.”

“I can’t-“

“Just this last time.” Chaeyeon insisted. “I apologize for putting your life down the gutter.”

“It’s not your fault, Chaeyeon-ah. It’s my own hubris.”

“But please keep the change.” Chaeyeon smiled. “Keep it, just as much you finally kept your humility.”

Chaejeong teared up and said her thanks. Chaeyeon got out and caught up with Yena and Yujin. They got to the entrance but a strict guard posted on the area. They saw the line of students who were unable to get inside because they didn’t bring their IDs.

“We don’t need an ID.” Chaeyeon chuckled. “All we need is a uniform.”

“Just like old times…” Yena cheered.

The three went forward casually but the guard stops them. “IDs, please.”

The three showed theirs but the guard stopped them. “Faculty and students only.”

“Do you know who we are?” Chaeyeon glared.

“No.”

“She doesn’t know!” Chaeyeon spat and ran inside.

Yena and Yujin ran with her and the guard chased them. It was win for the students outside for they’ve gotten in without any restrictions. The three idiots went to the tallest building and climbed quickly, losing the guard. They laughed while climbing and smiled as they got to the top.

“Ah…just like the old times.” Yena felt tears run down her face.

“We used to blindfold you and push you down.” Yujin chuckled.

“You even got drunk here after Miss 79 lectured us. Chaewon and I had to carry you.” Chaeyeon shared.

“Aish! Why bat towards me?!” Yena huffed and messed their hairs.

They messed with each other and ran like little kids playing tag. They shared longing and laughter up that place, giving them reminders of a friendship that remained strong after all the hardships and pressures life has given to them.

They stopped by hugging each other. They were idiots who made a bond like no other. Despite being adults, the friendship remains strong. Not only, they may have different paths towards life but they have the same mindset that a full- fledged idiot will always have.