Idiotic Chivalry (Part 2)

The Mindset of Idiots

The rain poured hard in Seoul like the gods have shed their tears. Sakura managed to drive to the hospital, avoiding the storm that had swept upon the city. She got inside the almost barren building. It was past visiting hours, with the patients sleeping and the practitioners on duty. She got to the lobby and rested after her feud with her aunt. She looked at her hand and it had remnants of red because of the shards.

“Neesan?” She looked up and saw Chaewon. “What are you doing here?”

“ happened at home. I had to come here to relieve my mind. Also…” Sakura spoke and showed her hand. “…could you patch this up for me?”

Chaewon said no word and obeyed her unnie. Sakura had the desire to check on Wonyoung and decided that they mend her hand in the giant baby’s room.

“Neesan!” Hitomi was shocked to see her. “I thought it was your day-off today.”

“Problems at home plus I needed Chaewon to mend my hand.” Sakura added. “You visited?”

“Yes, but I actually came here because of a headache. Chaewon mended me and gave me some medicine.” Hitomi sighed. “With Wonyoung here and of the storm outside, I can’t get out of here.”

“None of us can.” Chaewon sighed.

Hitomi got the remote and the television. They say down to watch Wonyoung while watching to the news.

It’s raining cats and dogs here in Seoul due to a tsunami occurring on the coastal area. Many city roads are completely submerged, with traffic coming to a standstill.

Sakura was disrupted by a ring. She excused her to answer the call. “Hyewon-unnie?”

A scream answered her. Sakura was reminded of the days and realized that her sister was close to labor.

It hurts, Sakura-chan!!!

“I’ll get the ambulance there!!” Sakura spat and hung up. “Chaewon, we have a situation.”

“What is it?”

“My sister’s in labor…soon!”

All of them were in panic but Sakura had to act quickly. She and Chaewon went out to the information area, leaving Hitomi to watch over Wonyoung.

+++

The storm also tolled in PD48 University. Despite the sturdy walls surrounding the institution, its sewage system was quite crappy. As a result, water flooded its ground. For three idiots, they readied their things, wrapping them in cellophane to avoid wetness. They also wore raincoats to protect themselves, with the third idiot having a bandage on her head.

“You okay, buddy?”

Those questions repeated themselves from Yena and Yujin’s mouths. Chaeryeong smiled and said that she was fine. “Ready?”

“Ready.” Yena smiled as Yujin gave a thumbs-up.

All of them spared a last glance at their empty room and went outside. They were greeted by the flood inside, almost like a messy Venice in Korean ground.

“Don’t think that you guys are going anywhere without us.”

The three idiots stopped and saw Nako carrying a large suitcase. Not only that, Minju and Yuri were with her carrying their own stuff.

“Yuri-ya…how in the-you need to go back…” Yena sighed.

“Minju-ya, go back.” Yujin said to her.

“You too, Nako-chan.” Chaeryeong added. “Why are you three following us?”

“Why not? Does your father own the road?” Nako snapped.

“Nako told us everything.” Yuri mumbled. “We don’t want to be in this hell without any of you, especially you, Yena-ya.”

“We want to come with you, guys.” Minju spoke. “I want to come with you, Yujin-ah.”

“Guys, you can’t just toss your dreams aside because of us.” Chaeryeong spoke.

“But we can.” Nako added. “To us, we cherish the learnings temporarily but we will cherish the friendship forever. You guys are the best friends I’ve ever had.”

“Us too.” Minju and Yuri added.

“So please…let us come with you.” Nako pleaded one more time.

Chaeryeong waited the approval of Yena and Yujin but the friends wanted her to decide. The third idiot sighed and nodded when they were stopped by a familiar voice.

“Please help! We are desperate here!!”

“It’s Director Kim.” Minju spoke as they decided to move.

“Aish, I’m not falling for the ’s trap again.” Nako hissed.

The midget went ahead and carried her bag up, the water at her waist level. The rest of them agreed and decided to follow her again.

+++

In another part of the school, Director Kim drove Hyewon to the hospital. But with the flood, they were stuck. Hyewon was in pain while she got a call from Sakura, hearing the ambulance couldn’t come there because of the same reason. Director Kim also faced the unlucky predicament of a broken car battery but she didn’t want to give up and went out of her car to call an ambulance.

“We need an ambulance here!! Please get if from another hospital!” Director Kim snapped.

The entire city’s flooded, ma’am. It’s helpless. We’re helpless.

For Hyewon, she was still on the phone, with Sakura telling her to calm down for Minami’s sake. Hearing the name made Hyewon calm down for it was a name she and Chowon wanted for their baby. For the circle of friends, they saw Director Kim outside of her car. Nako would’ve led them to another way to avoid her but Chaeryeong had keen senses.

“I hear Hyewon-unnie.” She mumbled. “Her screams are of pain. She’s in trouble.”

Chaeryeong went towards the car and the rest didn’t have a choice but to follow her. Director Kim was like a raging bull calling for an ambulance without realizing their presences. And just as Chaeryeong sensed, it was real trouble, especially for Hyewon.

“Sakura…Sakura, help! It hurts!!” Hyewon panicked again, feeling the fluids from her water bag flow on the back of her knees.

“Hyewon-unnie!” Chaeryeong got to her. “Unnie, are you ok?”

Is Chaeryeong-chan there?! Let me talk to her!

“Chaeryeong-ah…S-Sakura…” Hyewon huffed and gave her phone.

Chaeryeong lets Yujin hold her stuff and got the phone. “Hello, Kkura?”

Chaeryeong-chan, the storm’s too strong. You won’t be able to reach here.

“But what about Hyewon-unnie?”

­It’s okay. Just do exactly as I say.

“Okay.” Chaeryeong gulped. “What do we need to do?”

Hyewon-unnie’s about to go in labor. You need to do proper procedures and you can’t do it in the car. Carry her somewhere safe.

“Got it.” Chaeryeong added and gave the phone back to Hyewon.

“Chaeryeong-ah, what are we-“

“Guys. We have a situation. Just do what I say.” Chaeryeong faced the others and snapped, making the nod. “Yena, carry out stuff. Yuri, get on the other side of the car and help Hyewon-unnie out. Yujin, help me carry Hyewon-unnie. Minju, shield Hyewon-unnie from the rain and Nako, get the recreation room open.”

They were confused but Chaeryeong made them act. They did the instructions and Hyewon was out of the car. For Director Kim, she was still distracted and was still ranting. “The water bag has burst!! You-“

The phone was disconnected. She cursed and got to her niece’s attention but alas, she was gone.

“Hyewon-ah…” She panicked and grew worried and angry. “Hyewon-ah!!!”

+++

The circle of friends acted out of blue and in the pouring rain, prior to Sakura and Chaeryeong’s instructions. Yena carried their things despite a cast on her ankle, Nako managed to open the recreation room, and the rest were by Hyewon’s side. Chaeryeong, Yuri, and Yujin carry her carefully and Minju shielded her, almost tripping on the murky water.

“Yah, Chaeryeong-ah!” Yuri felt fluid from Hyewon’s thighs. “What is this stuff?!”

“It’s fluid from the amniotic sac.” Yujin spat. “It’s a sign that Hyewon-unnie’s about to give birth.”

“What?! A labor?!”

“No time for chitchat, guys!” Chaeryeong huffed as they got inside. “Nako, turn on the lights.”

“Where to, Chaeryeong-ah?” Yujin spat.

“We’ll put her down in the ping-pong table.” Chaeryeong answered and received Hyewon’s phone. “Kkura, we’re in the recreation room.”

The three placed Hyewon on top and the phone was placed on another table. Chaeryeong puts it on loudspeaker and Sakura’s voice rang around. ­Yuri, put me on webcam!

Yuri sprinted to the PC and turned it on. Her wet hand quickly clicked the webcam and Sakura was in view, with Chaewon and Hitomi behind her. “Neesan!”

Where’s Hyewon-unnie? Show her to me!

­Yena and Yuri helped to push the PC close to the ping-pong table, just enough for Sakura to see Hyewon’s body.

“Sakura…” Hyewon panted.

Unnie, please don’t worry. I’m right here with you, okay?

“Sakura, I’m dying!!” Hyewon screamed.

Listen, everyone, especially you, Chaeryeong-chan. Sakura spat. Even when there were no doctors or hospitals, medical procedures were possible.

“Right.” They all nodded.

All of you will be part of a delivery and you MUST deliver this baby tonight.

Hyewon’s screams returned and they were shocked. Yujin and Chaeryeong were an exception, Yena was in the boundary while Nako, Minju, and Yuri had no experiences. They gulped and mumbled while patting their chests. “All is well, all is well…”

“How dare you?!!” Director Kim managed to trail them and she erupted, her umbrella thrown across the room. “I’ll kill all of you!!”

­Imonie!! YOU will stay out of this!!

They were shocked to witness Sakura get angry that it made Director Kim freeze and stay out of the way. Sakura huffed and focused back on the delivery. ­­Yuri, get towels and scissors. MInju, get clothing clips and hot water. Yujin, Nako and Yena, be by Hyewon-unnie’s side to ease her. Chaeryeong-chan, cover Hyewon-unnie.

All of them did their tasks. Chaeryeong went around to find a large cloth and made the option to get the long curtain. She got the article and Yena helped her cover Hyewon.

Unnie, please push. Sakura spoke.

Hyewon did what her sister said. Yena and Yujin let Hyewon clutch onto them and Nako and Chaeryeong became the cheering brigade. Yuri came back first with the towels and scissors, grabbing one to dry herself up.

“Push with all your might, unnie! For Nanami!”

“It’s Minami!!” Hyewon spat, slapping Chaeryeong right in the cheek. “Stop! I can’t do it!”

Chaeryeong-ah, check if there’s crowning. ­Chaewon got her turn to instruct. (Crowning- second stage of labor where the baby’s head is fully engaged in the pelvis.)

“Eh? Crowning?” Nako didn’t get it.

“To see if the baby’s head is out.” Yujin added.

Chaeryeong gulped. She may be a medical professional in the making but she’s more on the laboratory stuff and not on anatomy, especially if dealing with childbirth. Doing such thing might be disturbing.

­­Come on, Lee Chaeryeong! Chaewon and Sakura spat.

“Go!!” Hyewon snapped.

“Come on, buddy! Go for it!” Yena nudged her.

Chaeryeong felt grossed out but she didn’t have a choice but to do it. She ducked her head under the curtain, checking for the head. She got back, almost puking and said, “No. No crowning.”

­Hyewon-unnie, please push… Sakura spoke, almost begging.

Just then, Hyewon felt her world collapse and her view going dark. The rest were worried, fearing that Hyewon died within the delivery. Director Kim was the most worried one as she grabbed Hyewon’s hand and called her many times.

“Eh? She’s breathing…” Yena spoke.

­She’s tired. ­Chaewon spoke.

Wake her! You have to wake her up! Sakura snapped again. If she doesn’t push, it’s going to be a big problem.

The only solution is a vacuum cup, Neesan. Chaewon added.

Where will they get one?! Sakura snapped at her this time.

Hitomi and Nako had an idea, even Chaeryeong. Nako got close to the PC and asked. “What’s a vacuum cup? How is it used?”

Sakura and Chaewon showed a video as Chaeryeong explained to her in simple terms. With all the details, Nako concluded that if a mother is too fatigued to push, the vacuum cup is placed on the baby’s head, that suction makes the cup stick to the head and that it will pull the baby out.

It’s possible to make it. Hitomi joined and spoke, with Chaeryeong and Nako nodding in agreement.

“How?!” Director Kim spat.

“With a vacuum cleaner, ma’am.” Nako spoke.

“Vacuum cleaner?!”

“Yes, ma’am. A vacuum cleaner.” Chaeryeong added.

A vacuum cleaner’s pressure is too high. Sakura commented.

It can be done, Neesan. You can control the pressure with a gauge. Hitomi shared.

“Don’t worry, Kkura. I will control it.” Chaeryeong assured her.

Do you have a vacuum cleaner?

“I have one in my office!” Director Kim added, getting her keys.

“Yena, rush and get the vacuum cleaner!” Chaeryeong got the duplicate, tossing it just as Director Kim with her own.

Yena gulped and got the two keys, giving a reaction that resembled an angry duck. Director Kim looked at Chaeryeong, almost wanting to kick her because of the duplicate key. Chaeryeong gave her ‘poobrain’ face then went back to cheer for Hyewon to push. Just as Minju returned and just as Yena would’ve rushed, lightning and thunder struck and the power was out. The recreation room was pitch-black and they lost connection to Sakura, Chaewon, and Hitomi.

A phone’s ring surrounded the place. Yujin was near to it that she answered it and put it on speaker. “Hello, Hitomi?”

What happened?

“The power’s out.”

­How will the vacuum cleaner work now? Sakura added.

“Yena, get the vacuum cleaner. I’ll handle the power.” Chaeryeong assured her again.

“How?!” Director spat again.

“Nako-chan.” Chaeryeong faced the midget. “Get the Terrorist out.”

Nako had a different thought as her little stature tried to get Director Kim out.

“Aish-what nonsense is this?!” Director Kim erupted and pushed Nako away.

“Not this Terrorist.” Chaeryeong sighed. “Terrorist, the inverter.”

“Ah…goddamnit, Chaeryeong, it’s called the NakoTomi Terrorist Inverter.” Nako sighed and went.

“Sorry. Go, go…” Chaeryeong lets her off. “Yujin-ah, call at least ten students from the Engineering department. Tell them to catch up to us so we can get car batteries, wires, and a vacuum gauge. Come on!”

“What about us, Chaeryeong-ah?” Yuri spat.

“You and Minju keep an eye on Hyewon-unnie. Don’t hang up Hitomi’s call.”

All of them were divided with their tasks for they realize that Hyewon and the baby Minami were on the line. Yena got her cast off and ran to the office to get the vacuum cleaner. Yujin ran back to their dormitory and knocked on every door to ask for Engineering students, saying that it’s an emergency from Director Kim. Once she got ten volunteers holding their lit flashlights, she told the task and all of them obeyed, catching up to Chaeryeong. All of them disseminated to all cars and got the batteries out. The three idiots met halfway. Chaeryeong and Yujin got batteries and wires while Yena got the vacuum cleaner.

The ten volunteers got to the recreation room first, batteries in hand. Nako caught up next with the inverter. Director Kim was relieved of the extra help and asked. “Chaeryeong! Where’s Chaeryeong and the others?!”

“We’re here, ma’am.” Chaeryeong got in with the batteries and wires in hand, with Yena and Yujin right behind her.

Chaeryeong faced the volunteers and gave instructions to connect the batteries to the inverter using the wires. While the volunteers did so, she and Nako made the connections from the power source to the inverter. She then called Yujin. “Yujin-ah, switch off everything and connect these wires to the main circuit.”

“I can’t handle electrical circuits.”

“Yuri, the phone!” Chaeryeong spat as she and Nako worked.

Yuri grabbed the device and went to Chaeryeong. “Hitomi-chan, Nako’s busy with the circuits for the inverter. Please guide Yujin to connect for the main circuits. I’ll be making the vacuum cleaner with Yena.”

Hitomi responded and Yujin started to work. Chaeryeong got to Yena’s attention next and gave instructions. “Yena, get your lens blower.”

“Right.” Yena went to her camera’s bag and got the blower. “Here you go.”

“Okay. Fix this pipe to the gauge.” Chaeryeong gave the devices to Yena. “I’ll relay the instructions on how to do it. Don’t worry.”

Director Kim was astonished. She never thought that a group of students, mostly a circle of friends from different course, had come together to help her niece during her labor. Nako was with the volunteers, checking the connection between the batteries and the inverter. Yujin was checking the connection between the inverter and the main circuit prior to Hitomi’s instruction. Minju and Yuri were by Hyewon’s side, doing medical remedies prior to Sakura and Chaewon’s instructions through Minju’s phone. And lastly, there was Chaeryeong and Yena, assembling the vacuum cleaner to turn it into a safe vacuum cup for a newborn baby.

Her gaze was glued at Chaeryeong. Who knew that the student she detested led them and made students work together for a delivery?

“I’m done, Chaeryeong-ah!” Yujin spoke before muttering a thanks to Hitomi.

Chaeryeong and Yena finished the vacuum cup. Nako and the volunteers were also finished with the other connection.

“All switches off?” Chaeryeong asked Yujin.

She got a nod and turn on a switch in the inverter. “Okay. Turn on the switches for the table and the PC.”

Yujin nodded yet she hesitated. Nako even prayed to all gods for the success of the inverter. Chaeryeong gave Yujin an assuring nod and the giant turned the switch on.

Cheers rang around as they got their power source. The volunteers decided to help with cleanup, with the half helping Minju and Yuri to ease Hyewon. Yuri the PC again and they got in touch with Sakura, Chaewon, and Hitomi once again.

Neesan! Come quick!! Chaewon spat.

Sakura came back to view and saw the rest of their friends. Her look focused on Chaeryeong as she and Yena got the vacuum cleaner closer to Hyewon.

I love you, Chaeryeong-chan!! Sakura cheered, with Chaewon and Hitomi joining her.

The circle of friends got near Hyewon, even Director Kim. Chaeryeong got the vacuum on hand and spoke. “Yena, turn it on.”

“Okay.” Yena nodded and flipped the switch.

Chaeryeong was greeted by a hard suction. Director Kim thought that the pressure was hard, even the procedure. She gulped and fainted, with Yujin and Nako catching her.

“Yena, adjust the gauge to 0.5.” Chaeryeong instructed again.

“Cover it.” Yena pointed then adjusted the gauge. “It’s on 0.5 now.”

Chaeryeong tested it a couple of times as the rest of the friends were impressed of their work, especially with Chaeryeong. In the hospital, Sakura was awestruck with Chaeryeong and felt relieved that her sister and her niece will be saved soon.

­Vacuum baby. Mother of all deliveries. Chaewon was just as awestruck.

I gotta hand it to Chaeryeong-chan. Hitomi chuckled. She made us work together and made this possible.

“Turn it off, Yena.” Chaeryeong instructed again.

She gulped and had some time to relieve herself. With the efforts of her friends and for Hyewon’s sake, she made sure to get baby Minami out safely. She shuts her eyes to say her prayers and conducted the procedure.

Minju-ya, get on the table. Sakura instructed as she and Chaewon did the demonstration. Push the baby down, like this.

Minju obeyed and prepared herself. Chaeryeong instructs Yena to turn the vacuum on again and everyone was at the edge of their places for the baby will be born any moment.

Come on, Hyewon-unnie. Push. You can do it!

Sakura started the call and the rest followed. Minju and Yuri eased Hyewon and cheered for her to push, with Minju pushing her stomach to help the baby come out. The circle of friends joined the cheers, even the volunteers. Knowing that all of them worked hard to make the delivery possible, Hyewon gained strength and pushed.

And knowing that she was doing this for her baby Minami, she pushed harder.

“She’s coming out!” Chaeryeong spat.

The cheers and pushes continued and with one last push, Hyewon huffed and collapsed again.

“Yena, turn it off.” Chaeryeong spoke.

Yena flipped the switch quickly. Minju and Yuri got the blanket up and Chaeryeong emerged from it with the beautiful baby girl in her arms. It was a moment of silence for everyone. Director Kim was shocked, the circle of friends were teary, and Hyewon got her smile back seeing her daughter.

Two clips! Cut the umbilical cord! Chaewon voiced out.

Chaeryeong, Yena, and Yujin acted quickly. Yena clipped two ends of the umbilical cord and cuts it. Yujin got a towel and they wrapped the baby around it.

As much as they have to be happy, something was wrong.

Neesan, she’s not crying. Chaewon was the first to worry.

All of the froze and knew Chaewon was right. Chaeryeong cradled the baby and nudged her. “Minami...Minami-chan…”

Chaeryeong had to act. Her first try was to rub the baby’s back but Minami was unresponsive. Her second try was to give air to the baby but still no response. Everyone inside called for the baby to live but with no response, they had their hopes low and were close to breaking down. Hyewon felt her heart break for she can never believe that her daughter didn’t make it.

“No response…” Chaeryeong spoke as she inched the baby close for the three to see.

Hitomi and Chaewon were already in silent tears. Sakura took time to register everything and ran away, breaking down. In the recreation room, Hyewon’s cries finally broke free. The rest of them were in silent tears. Chaeryeong had it most for she was very close to making the delivery possible. She felt her tears run down as her mind apologized to Minami.

“H-Hyewon-unnie, don’t cry…” Minju sniffled and comforted her. “All is well, all is well…”

Chaeryeong felt something on her cheek. She looked to see Minami’s foot going down and her little hand clutched onto the towel. She gasped and spoke. “She…she responded.”

“What?” Yujin reacted.

“The baby…she responded…” Chaeryeong spoke and the answer dawned into her. “Say ‘All is well, all is well.’”

Chaeryeong spoke those words, eyes glued onto the baby. The circle of friends gathered and spoke those words in a mantra. Hyewon mumbled them under her breath, even Hitomi and Chaewon joined in. For Sakura, she hastily returned and said those words too.

A miracle came down from Heaven. Chaeryeong felt another kick and heard the first cry. She looked down and saw little Minami clutch on her shirt as she cried again.

Everyone rejoiced and Chaeryeong finally broke down, almost hugging the baby. Hyewon’s weak state gained its strength. Director Kim’s hard heart softened as she cried of seeing her grandniece alive. For the people in the hospital, they also rejoiced. Sakura had it most and when Chaeryeong drew closer to the camera, she cried in joy, seeing her niece healthy.

The rejoicing resumed with Director Kim hugging her niece and Yena rushing to get her camera. Chaeryeong got closer to Director Kim and showed her grandniece and letting her hold her. Yena would’ve taken a picture already but she had a thought.

If the Terrorist said that her grandniece will become a medical professional, she was sure to break her jaw and kick her . But then, Director Kim’s answer stunned everyone.

“What a response you have.” She teared up and saw Minami’s little hand clutch onto her finger and bringing that finger close to . “Do you want to be an idol? Grow up and be what you want to be.”

Yena was relieved and joined with the circle of friends towards happiness. She then looked and wondered. “Where’s Chaeryeong?”

Director Kim looked by the door and saw Chaeryeong getting her bag and leaving. She lends Minami to Hyewon and caught up to her. For Hyewon, she was ecstatic and hugged her baby close.

+++

Chaeryeong walked away from the scene with idle steps. As much as she wanted to stay and celebrate with her friends, she didn’t have the right to stay any longer. At least that’s what Director Kim said.

“Wait! Stop right there!” Chaeryeong looked to see Director Kim drawing closer to her. “I’m not finished with you!!”

Chaeryeong gulped and saw Director Kim. She was angry but had cried throughout the delivery, up until now. She would’ve swallowed her pride but it was about time that she stopped and said things honestly.

“On the first day of college, you asked me a question. Why didn’t I consider more significant things-like necessities-as a reward for the students and chose the Diamond Pin?” Director Kim batted. “The Diamond Pin was made by other students during the old times but only my niece perfected its purpose! Only Eunbi perfected this contraption!!”

Chaeryeong was shocked with the name, bringing her to more tears.

“She was supposed to be an excelling student but she died! I made the Diamond Pin as a reward to excelling students and to commemorate Eunbi’s effort as a student and as family! It’s not significant to many but it is to me…for my niece!! So you were wrong! You were wrong!!” Director Kim spat as she cried harder. “You cannot be right all the time…you understand?!”

Chaeryeong sniffled and responded. “Yes, ma’am.”

Director Kim got the pin off and showed it to her. “This is an important invention to the school, especially to me and my family. You understand?!”

“Yes, ma’am…” Chaeryeong nodded.

“The previous director told me to give it to an excelling student. But to me…I give it to someone who excelled, who helped my family significantly, and who build a great friendship and memory with them…” Director Kim continued to cry and speak. “K-Kaeun was excellent and became one of the most significant people to Sakura and Eunbi…and…”

Chaeryeong wondered and gasped when Director Kim pinned the Diamond Pin on her shirt. Director Kim gave it a pat and held Chaeryeong’s shoulders tight.

“You were just like her…Lee Chaeyeon.”

She gasped and joined the Director in tears. She held onto the Diamond Pin which was her last memory of Eunbi. “D-Director…h-how did you know?”

“Meet me at the office after your exams. I will talk to you one last time.” Director Kim spoke and clutched onto Chaeryeong’s shoulders tighter. “Now go! Pass your exams and leave this university with flying colors!”

Chaeryeong was pushed away and she watched Director Kim sob and mumble apologies. Chaeryeong smiled lightly while wiping her tears away and she got back to the recreation room. The volunteers were given credit and returned to their rooms. The table was replaced with a better bed carried by the volunteers after the baby was born. Hyewon was there and had her attention towards her baby.

“Chaeryeong-ah, where did you go?” Yena asked then noticed Chaeryeong carrying her things. “Were you planning to leave without us?”

The circle of friends had disappointed looks. Yena even gulped and was close to crying when Yuri comforted her.

“Yah…you won’t leave us, right?” Yujin added and joined with her fellow idiot in tears.

Chaeryeong smiled lightly and placed her bag down. “I’m sorry to cause distress. Don’t worry. I won’t.”

The three shared laughs afterward then Yujin and Yena tackled Chaeryeong for a hug. Chaeryeong hugged them long and tight, tears running down her face. Yuri and Minju were teary and joined them.

“Chaeryeong-ah…”

Chaeryeong heard Hyewon call and she went near to check on her. She also checked baby Minami and she was safe in her mother’s arms.

“Thank you…” Hyewon spoke and she was teary.

“You’re welcome, unnie.” Chaeryeong smiled, sparing a pat on Minami’s cute head. “The weather’s calm now. I’ll call Kkura to get an ambulance here.”

“Don’t worry, Chaeryeong-ah. We got that covered.” Minju said.

“Ah…what a night for us back there.” Yujin sighed. “I’m glad that all is well.”

A phone ring surrounded the place. Hyewon noticed that it was Minju’s phone that the frog was quick to answer it. “Yes, Sakura-neesan?”

Most of them looked at the frog and were shocked when Minju reacted with tears running down her face. She ended her call directly and went to face Yujin, making Yena coo.

“What’s wrong?” Yujin asked as she comforted her.

“Your sister…W-Wonyoung…”

Yujin had her fears rising up from her liver. On cue, the ambulance arrived. The paramedics came inside the recreation room to help Hyewon in. For the circle of friends, they were all worried for Yujin and Wonyoung that they had to get to the hospital too.

“I’ll call two taxis.” Nako spoke and went out.

“Please do.” Chaeryeong mumbled then went to comfort Yujin.

The taller was crying and was worrying sick for her little sister. She and Minju were hugging her as Yena and Yuri spat words that she was going to be okay. Once Nako returned and that Hyewon and Minami were inside the ambulance, all of them got in the taxis and followed the ambulance to the hospital.

+++

After the call, Hitomi, Chaewon, and Sakura were in another situation. Minutes after the delivery, Wonyoung showed tremors. Hitomi was told to check if the ambulance and their other friends arrived while Chaewon and Sakura did the procedures. In their minds, Wonyoung had a family behind, especially Yujin. It’ll be a pain to Yujin if she loses her sister now.

“Neesan…she’s responding…”

“Unnie…”

Sakura looked away and ran off. With Wonyoung’s call, she had to call if the others arrived. As she ran, Chaeryeong, Yena, and Yujin met with her in the middle, lab coats already worn.

“Yujin-ah-“

“We need to move.” Yujin wiped her own tears and went ahead.

The three followed them back to the room. They got inside and Chaewon was still and the long beep rang around the room.

“No…no!” Yujin rushed to her sister. “Wonyoung-ah…Wonyoung-ah, unnie’s here…”

“Chaewon-ah…” Sakura rushed to her.

“I did the injections, Neesan. T-They didn’t work…” Chaewon teared up. “I’m so sorry…”

Sakura comforted her. For the first time, the silent angel sobbed. Yena gulped of seeing Yujin weep after the delivery that she went to hug and comfort her. Chaeryeong was the strong one and had more hope for Wonyoung.

It was nature to cry of this situation. In reality, there was no proper cure for paralysis. Wonyoung’s case and Yena’s were different but having the paralysis in an accident from the past was a hard wound to heal. Wonyoung kept the wound since then but her body had given in.

Only her body…but hopefully, not her soul.

Chaeryeong got closer and comforted Chaewon and Sakura. She then went to her friends and comforted Yena and Yujin, especially Yujin. “Buddy…”

“Ch-Chaeryeong-ah...W-Wonyoung…” Yujin sobbed harder that she clutched onto Chaeryeong.

“Buddy, look at me…” Chaeryeong spoke. “It’s not the end…”

Yujin was speechless like everyone else inside. Chaeryeong got to Wonyoung’s side and patted her head. She faced Yujin again. “Call her.”

The rest were confused still but Yujin wanted to do any measure, whether rational or not, just to bring her sister back. “W-Wonyoung-ah…”

Chaeryeong gasped as she patted Wonyoung’s head. “She’s breathing…”

All heads looked at Wonyoung. Yujin called again, holding her sister’s hand. She said everything about Wonyoung, especially her prayers of wanting to bring her back. After she spoke everything, she cried and mumbled Chaeryeong’s eternal words in a mantra. “All is well…all is well…”

The others joined inside and another miracle came as Wonyoung held Yujin’s hand back and mumbled. “Unnie…”

Yujin looked up and saw Wonyoung open her eyes. She also saw her smile and move her head around. Yujin hasn’t seen her move like that for many years that she continued to sob, almost falling on the floor. Yena and Chaeryeong were quick to help her and were teary. Let’s just say everyone was really teary because of a second miracle.

“Yujin-unnie…” Wonyoung called.

“We’ll give you some time.” Chaeryeong spoke and helped Yena up.

All of them were really happy but they also need to give Yujin her time with her sister. All of them went out and went to see the other friends who stayed at the lobby.

“How’s Wonyoung?” Hitomi was the most worried one.

Chaewon was still in the aftermath of the miracle that she huffed and spoke. “She’s alive. She’s out of the paralysis stage.”

“It’s almost unbelievable. We have two major miracles.” Yena added as she sniffled.

The friends who waited joined them in joyful tears. For Chaeryeong, she joined them but she realized that there was still work to be done.

“Chaewon-ah, Yena-ya.” She called them. “Why don’t you help Yujin with Wonyoung?”

“Right!” Chaewon obeyed and pulled Yena, with Minju and Yuri coming with them.

“Shall we check on Hyewon-unnie, Kkura?” Chaeryeong asked and Sakura agreed instantly.

“Can we see the baby, Chaeryeong-chan? Sakura-san?” Nako asked.

Chaeryeong and Sakura smiled at each other and they agreed.

+++

“How are you, unnie?” Sakura asked, clutching onto Hyewon’s hand.

“I’m alright…” Hyewon nodded but she felt sleepy. “Imonie left a while ago. She needed to rest after what happened.”

“I see.” Sakura nodded.

“Where’s my little Minami?”

Sakura pointed to where Nako and Hitomi gathered. They said ‘All is well’ and Minami would react with a kick. The sisters laughed lightly, with Hyewon teary.

“I’m so happy she made it. I could thank all of you, especially Chaeryeong.” Hyewon added then sighed. “Sakura…when will you pop out the question? Chaeryeong confessed to you.”

“She was drunk. I did the same in my drunk state, making us even.” Sakura shared. “I don’t think either of us are up for it, especially me.”

“Because you have Kaeun?”

Sakura nodded, making Hyewon sigh. “She wouldn’t want it. Remember what you shared to me about her letter to you?”

“Unnie-“

“She wants you to be happy and to love again. And I’m sure that she wants you to be with Chaeryeong.” Hyewon spoke. “I know you don’t want to forget Kaeun but it’s about time to let go and move on. Let go and move on with the bad times and give love, just as much as Kaeun gave it to you. You can do it…through Chaeryeong.”

Sakura knew Hyewon was right. She looked that Chaeryeong wasn’t in the room that she lets Hyewon sleep and lets Nako and Hitomi watch over her and Minami. She ran to the exit and there was Chaeryeong. Her back faced Sakura, her figure leaned by the doors, and her face looked up to kiss the Sun. Sakura called her and Chaeryeong looked at her with a smile. Sakura couldn’t help herself that she went to Chaeryeong and hugged her tight.

“Thank you…for everything…” Sakura sniffled.

Chaeryeong only hugged back. “You’re very welcome, Kkura-chan.”

Sakura didn’t let go and hugged Chaeryeong still. Chaeryeong would’ve moved away but she was still. For her, this was part of the moments she wanted to have before an important day.

An important day that'll break her heart for eternity...