An Idiotic Revelation

The Mindset of Idiots

It was another day in the hospital. Sakura arrived in the morning for her shift as she saw the three idiots still asleep in the lobby. She found the sight adorable, especially Chaeryeong for she slept with agape. But as much as she wanted to look at the sight for a long, long time, she still had duties to do, just as much as the three idiots do.

She got closer to them, grabbing a magazine from the rack, and slapping each of their heads gently. “Hello! Wake up!”

Chaeryeong was first to wake up, rubbing her head and stretching her back. “What in the…is the Giant Baby dead?!”

Yujin reacted with that call and Yena was disturbed with the surroundings. Now, the three of them were officially up.

“No, stupid.” Sakura sighed. “It’s already 8:30 in the morning. Your exam starts at 9.”

“But…” Yena stifled a yawn as she stretched. “…we can’t just leave Wonyoung alone.”

Chaeryeong and Yujin agreed, going back to sleep. But Sakura slaps their heads to wake them up again.

“Don’t mind too much about it. I’ll be here to watch over her. It’s only a matter of three hours in taking the exams. You can come back here when you’re finished.” Sakura gave her keys to Chaeryeong. “You can use my car. Now go. It’s getting late.”

Chaeryeong was stopped as she grabbed Sakura’s wrist, seeing the contraption of a wristband she made. Sakura noticed her look and she smiled. The two had a staring contest, unaware of the coos that Yena and Yujin were giving to them, as their heartbeats were almost in sync.

“Oh my…” Chaeryeong reacted. “…what an ancient wristband you have.”

Sakura’s smiles grew wider that the Sun was jobless and the cherry blossoms would bloom despite the cold season. “Go.”

Chaeryeong lets herself go and pulled a cooing Yena and Yujin outside to Sakura’s car. Yena got to the other front seat as Yujin slumped on the back, with Chaeryeong driving the vehicles back to PD48 University.

It would’ve been a 30-minute ride or longer because of the traffic but Chaeryeong drove stealthily while avoiding getting themselves caught for over-speeding. She got half of the time off and they arrived at the university earlier than expected. Then again, it was still late.

Chaeryeong got the car parked properly and Yena and Yujin ran ahead. Chaeryeong followed not long after and they got to their classroom, seeing the others already focused in taking the exam.

“We’re sorry, Professor Bae. We were in an emergency.” Chaeryeong spoke, giving each of them their test papers.

They got to their respective seats, with Chaewon asking Yena to why they were late.

“Settle down now.” Professor Bae glared, shutting Chaewon up and leaving the three to take the exam with everyone else.

The test was difficult, even Chaewon found it complicated despite studying. Yena and Yujin didn’t study, didn’t eat breakfast, and were already having radicals in their brains. But now, they couldn’t give a damn as they try to answer with whatever lies in their stock knowledge. Chaeryeong was also of the same aspect but she was calm in mind and answered surely and quickly.

The clock now read 9:30 and in matter of time, three hours passed, concluding the exam. Chaejeong and Chaewon were the last in the ‘on-time’ batch, finally exhaling as they passed their papers. Being the considerate friend, Chaewon gave little hints to the three on the flow of the exam and mumbled a little ‘Fighting!’ to them before passing her paper.

“Ma’am, they’re still writing.” Chaejeong added as she followed in passing her paper before leaving.

Professor Bae could only nod as she sorted the papers by their roll number. She looked at the three and got their attention by slamming her hand on the table. “Hello! Pencils down! Time’s up!”

“An extension of five minutes, please Professor…” Chaeryeong spoke. “We got here and started fifteen minutes late due to an emergency. Please…”

Chaeryeong continued to write while Yujin and Yena were at a stale. Professor Bae had the glare, as if the two asked for her kidneys in which she would refuse. Then again, they screwed the idea up as they continued writing. Professor Bae sighed and arranged the test papers again.

In less than five minutes, the three managed to finish the exam. Chaeryeong got to table first. “Done, ma’am.”

“I cannot accept these.” Professor Bae scoots the test paper away. “You’re already late.”

Yena pleaded to Professor Bae again. just so that their test papers would be accepted but the professor only laughed as she continued arranging the papers. It was an insult to Chaeryeong as she called the professor, giving her a glare back. “Ma’am…do you know who we are?”

“Are you the President’s daughter?” Professor Bae asked. “Even if you are, I will NOT accept your paper.”

“Do you know our names and roll numbers?” Chaeryeong asked again, getting Yena and Yujin’s papers and stacking them below her own.

“No…” Professor Bae spoke. “…who are you?”

“Ha! She doesn’t know!!” Chaeryeong cackled as she shuffled the arranged papers, even tossing some into the air.

Chaeryeong motioned the friends to run, with Yena having a buffering brain before she screamed and followed the two. Professor Bae yelled her question of their roll numbers but the three idiots were already out of sight. She got back to look for their papers but with the major mix, she couldn’t find the exact ones.

The professor groaned as she had no choice but to arrange all of the papers again.

+++

The exam week has passed quickly and so did various events and the coming of results day. During the interval, the circle of friends had various activities from dates, exhibits, hangouts, internship duties, and hospital visits for Wonyoung.

With the coming of results day came sudden changes. Students weren’t usually religious but they suddenly turned into new leaves and did various means of prayer. Some did less while others went overboard as they offered sacrifices to deities to whom they praise. For Chaeryeong, she mostly gave thanks and mostly slept during her vacant periods.

In their room, Chaeryeong snored to dreamland, cuddling onto Yena’s stuffed duck and was tucked on her plaid blanket like a giant sushi roll. Yena took a picture of her while patting her head as Yujin prayed by her altar, addressing each deity by name and bargaining that she won’t eat too much meat as long as she gets a good result on the exam.

“Yena-ya, shouldn’t you be praying?” Yujin asked after she finished.

“I do every night. I’m not going overboard.” Yena said. “The Almighty doesn’t answer begged prayers. Just do your best in everything and let Him be your guide and your shoulder to lean on. Do things in His name.”

Yujin never thought it that way that she sat down and faced Yena with a frozen face.

“Her Eminence told me that.” Yena chuckled, pointing at a snoring Chaeryeong.

“Chaeryeong and her words…” was the only thing Yujin spoke as she and Yena spared laughs while looking at the sleeping bear.

+++

It was results day and it was time for most mortals in PD48 University to make a deal with the Almighty.

Chaeryeong and Yena were still sleeping whereas Yujin did her morning routine of prayer, offering a little of what’s left of last night’s dinner just to save her exams, especially with Parasitology. Chaewon was outside the altar where a cobra rested, offering it a cup of milk just for her Physics subject to be saved. Yuri prayed to a mother cow, feeding it with dashes of grass as she hoped that her artwork will be approved and that the photo exhibit she’ll conduct will be successful. Minju showered early and prayed while doing a vow to focus more on her studies than on her dates with Yujin. For the graduating Nako and Hitomi, they pray that their project will be successful and that they can graduate, also promising that they’ll donate a dollar together.

But would it be possible that the Almighty will grant such favors? A dollar won’t be bribed to a person, let alone the Almighty. Then again, what was the harm in doing so?

“Everyone!!” Nako’s voice rang around the campus for most people to hear. “The results are posted!! You can see them now!!”

Most students raced to their respective bulletin boards to see the results. Yena and Yujin heard the announcement and they raced towards their department. The bulletin board was crowded with their batchmates and classmates just looking at them. Yujin and Yena saw Chaewon getting out of the crowd as she exhaled.

“How did it go?” Yena asked her.

“I’m at the middle.” Chaewon mumbled then grinned. “Crushed it!”

Yujin made the motion to look, shoving the others out with her long arms and giant stature. Yena was behind her as they searched for their names.

“I don’t see them.” Yujin mumbled.

“Start from the bottom.” Yena suggested.

Yujin did just that and saw their names. Yujin sighed, her raging spirit losing its spark. “You’re last, Yena.”

Yena took some time to absorb it and she was just like Yujin. “What about you?”

“Second last…” Yujin mumbled.

“Where’s Chaeryeong’s?”

Yujin checked the list as quick as she could at many students were shoving each other to get a look at their own names. Yujin checked twice from top to bottom as she sighed. “She’s not in the list.”

Yena facepalmed herself and felt her heart sank, even Yujin joined her. Although they were disappointed that their ranks tanked to the bottom, it was still more disappointing that their Eminence of a friend wasn’t in the list. Yena sat on the bench, her head getting aches as much as her heart did.

Chaejeong’s complaints had to ring around. She was ranting on how unfair the list was, that it was a mistake and that it was injustice. A fellow classmate told her that it was fine but she still paid no heed and cried like a wuss. Yujin managed to join her as she had a distressed look.

“What the ing hell is that ty Miss 79 crying about?!” Yena spat as if her nerve popped out.

“She’s ranting like a wuss because she’s only in second place.” Yujin mumbled.

“Who’s in first place?”

“Chaeryeong-ah.”

“Huh? Chaeryeong-ah?” Yena snapped out of her daze.

Her messed-up hair wasn’t given a damn as she got back to the crowd and shoved the students away. She looked at the very top, seeing Chaeryeong’s name in bold. Not only that, she was way ahead of Chaejeong in terms of score. Chaejeong only got 80% of the perfect score whereas Chaejeong had only one mistake.

“Well, I’ll be…” Chaewon applauded. “Her Eminence is first once again.”

Minju and Yuri managed to catch up and greeted them. Minju greeted Yena and sat by Yujin’s side whereas Yuri went to hug the giant ducky.

“How’s the exams?” Yuri asked.

“Last placer.” Yena commented and scratched her head. “Yujin and I managed to cling onto the passing rate.”

“It’s okay. What matters is that you passed.” Yuri commented. “That we all passed…”

“No. Exclude me.” Nako raised as she was with Hitomi.

“How did yours go?” Chaewon asked.

“We aced our project. Hitomi passed her exams while I flunked. Hitomi-chan graduates while I’m held back for another year.” Nako shared.

Hitomi was still sniffling. After hearing that she’ll graduate without Nako, she felt guilty. Nako had the strong heart as she didn’t mind if she’s held back. What matters was that she’ll finish her studies. With that, she comforted Hitomi, telling her that it was okay.

“How have you and Minju been with the exams?” Yena asked.

“I got my artwork approved. It was our exam.” Yuri grinned. “Minju excelled in Economics. She’s in second place.”

The circle of friends cheered the moment Minju and Yujin joined them. Yujin would’ve sulked because of what happened to her exams but she was happier as Minju excelled, proud even.

“Minju should treat us~” Yuri chanted.

“Chaeryeong should. She’s first.” Minju added. “Speaking of Chaeryeong, where is she?”

A sleepy bear walked towards them. All of them cheered and congratulated Chaeryeong for getting first, even Chaewon had to pull her back to the crowding students as she pointed her name. Chaeryeong was happy but mostly, she was thankful. She wouldn’t mind her own happiness because her friend’s happiness mattered most.

“Where are Yena and Yujin’s names?” Chaeryeong asked.

Chaewon whispered their ranks and Chaeryeong was dismayed. She and Chaewon went back to the circle of friends. Chaeryeong would’ve been cheeky but she was at stale as she looked at Yena and Yujin. She thought they’ll be disappointed but they spared to hug her.

“Congrats, buddy…” Yena spoke.

“We’re a little salty but that’ll be gone if you treat us.” Yujin joked.

Chaeryeong chuckled and hugged them back before letting go. “Okay. Let’s go and have a buffet.”

They all cheered and followed the cheeky idiotic bear. Good and bad results came in within the aftermath of their school years but it was always important to accept and smile.

And that was the circle of friends did as they went out to celebrate and eat.

+++

Another day has come for the circle of friends. Each of them was having their pictorials within their respective departments, excluding Hitomi for she had graduated. Nako finished one with the other Engineering students as she became Director Kim’s new valet.

The three idiots were getting ready in their room. Chaeryeong wore simply and didn’t give a about the pictorials. Yena and Yujin were also ready and had sad faces. Chaeryeong understood that it was because they flunked on their exams. She lets them feel that grief for she believed that they’ll get over it soon.

“Oi…” Chaewon called. “…let’s go~~”

The three nodded and got out. Chaeryeong and Chaewon were at the back as they watch Yena and Yujin walking dejectedly. Chaewon was reminded of Minju’s words about human behavior once more.

When you fail, you feel bad. But when you fail and your friend tops, you feel worse.

“They’re sad…” Chaewon mumbled as they arrived at the venue. “…but the other two are sadder.”

Chaeryeong looked to where Chaewon pointed, seeing Director Kim and Chaejeong with looks as if they carried the world in their hands. Yuri and Nako were there to do their tasks after finishing their own photoshoots. Yuri was the official photographer as Nako was on valet duty by arranging the Medicine students according to rank.

Due to being last, Yena and Yujin were in the back, at the very right corner. Chaewon was at the center of the rows and the columns of students. Chaeryeong was the first as she was told to sit in front, just at the right side of Director Kim.

Nako continued to call other students as Chaeryeong got to her seat, hands busy playing with her Rubix cube. She stopped a bit, waving at Chaewon then at Yujin and Yena. Chaewon gave a little salute as her two roommates had sad faces while waving. Chaeryeong diverted her attention to the sad Director Kim and asked. “Ma’am, why are we seated according to rank?”

“Is there a problem with that?” She asked back.

“Yes, ma’am. The grading system here resembles the caste system. Those who are high in rank are masters while the lower ones are slaves.” Chaeryeong answered. “It’s not nice, ma’am.”

“You have a better idea than that?”

“Yes, ma’am. Results shouldn’t be displayed at all. Why would you publicize someone’s flaws?” Chaeryeong explained. “For instance… if you have a low iron count, would the doctor prescribe a tonic for it or air your results in live TV, streamed nationwide?”

Director Kim chuckled. Chaeryeong joined her. “You see, ma’am?”

“So basically what you’re saying is…” Director Kim. “…I need to approach students personally and one by one whisper their specific results?”

Director Kim made a mockup on how she would it and Chaeryeong would laugh. It took her a while to stop but she began to answer.

“That could be possible, ma’am. If it’s exaggerating for you then don’t do it. Maybe with another medium. What I mean is that grades create a diversion.” Chaeryeong spoke. “Chaewon’s in the centermost part of this arrangement because she’s in the middle. Yena and Yujin are last so they sit in the corner. I topped so I’m next to you.”

“At least they’re in the corner.” Director Kim spat. “Luckily this photoshoot’s good for next year. If it were the instance that you and your friends spend more years here, they’ll be out of the picture when they spend more time with you.” She sighed. “They will neither pass nor get a job.”

“They’ll get jobs, ma’am. There will always be a firm that prefers humans as their laborers rather than machines.” Chaeryeong highlighted the last word as she bats it at Chaejeong, just before she sits properly. “They’ll get jobs. Ma’am. I guarantee.”

“You’ll guarantee it?” Director asked and repeated.

“Do you want to make a bet, ma’am?” Chaeryeong said, hyping it up.

Director Kim gave another chuckle as she called Nako. The midget paid attention as the director pointed at Yena and Yujin. “If neither Choi Yena or Ahn Yujin gets a job in campus interviews, consider yourself a graduate, whether you pass or fail the exam.”

“Eh?! Really?!” Nako gasped.

“Also…cut my long hair into a guy’s haircut.”

If Nako could gasp with her chin touching the ground, it would’ve been her reaction. But then, she nodded as Yuri called everyone to get ready for the shoot.

“Happy, Miss Lee Chaeryeong?”

Nako got out of the way as Yuri took their picture.

“Very happy, Director Kim.”


A honk resonated inside a car as much as a lethal gas roamed inside of it. Two husbands and their wives were cut off of their trip to memory lane as they reacted with the smell that could kill the ecosystem and its living things.

“Aish, you jackass!!” Yena spat. “You had to honk just to hide the fact that you caused this deadly weapon!”

“Yah! It smells worse than a septic tank! Have you been popping your pills again?!” Minju spat, covering her nose as she lets Yuri open the window.

“I didn’t do it!” Chaejeong spat and Yujin joined her. “Yujin-ah~?”

“This is a very deadly and familiar stink!!” Yuri ranted and breathed outside the window again.

“Not only is it deadly, but it’s also the sole cause of global warming!” Yujin huffed and opened the roof. “, I can’t take it anymore!!”

The van continued to drive as Yujin got half of her long body out for fresh air. Within a few miles of driving, they’ve arrived in the center of Cheorwon. Chaejeong got the van parked by a convenience store as the four friends got out, doing stretches and relieving their noses from the lethal release of dangerous gas.

“Love, did you bring your wallet?” Yujin asked Minju.

“I didn’t. We were in a rush, remember?”

“Yena-ya, hand me some cash.” Yujin lent a hand to the big ducky. “I need to buy some pants.”

“You don’t need to buy one. Just use Chaejeong’s suit.” Yena added, showing a suit in a hanger.

Chaejeong threatened her not to touch it, retrieving it and placing it back on her compartment. Yena thought she was an and said. “Don’t mind the pants. Chaeyeon will notice you without it.”

“Excuse me,” Chaejeong called a teenage girl selling hotteok as she showed something from her phone. “Where’s this address?”

“You think I’d sell hotteok if I learned how to read?”

Chaejeong sighed and got back to the four. “She can’t read.”

“Idiot. She can’t read but she can speak.” Yuri spat and asked the girl again. “Excuse me, little one. Do you know where Lee Chaeyeon lives?”

“She hasn’t been here for so long. But you can find Lee Chaeryeong here.” The girl pointed at a large house by the suburbs. “She lives right there.”

They had a view of the house. Yena pecked her wife’s forehead for a good job as she and Yujin were giddy to go there. All of them got inside the van again and drove to the house. Once they got inside the gates, they wondered about the people wearing in white outside the house. Nonetheless, Chaejeong got the van parked properly and all of them went to the main entrance. Yena and Yuri went ahead as Chaejeong followed with Yujin and Minju in her tail.

“Your pills, Chaejeong.” Yujin tossed a bottle to her.

“Thanks. Where did you find it?”

“Here.” Yujin flapped the pockets of the black pants she wore.

“Hey! How dare you-that’s my pants!!” Chaejeong spat and wrestled the tall woman.

Chaejeong and Yujin were in the floor and Minju stops Chaejeong. “Yah! Karl Marx says to share all resources! It’s just a pair of pants!”

Chaejeong was a hard-head and forced Yujin to remove them. The married couple composed of a dog and frog teamed up to stop Miss 79 before running to catch up with Yena and Yuri.

Inside the large house, Yena and Yuri were silenced for a funeral had happened. People were in white as they were quietly gathered and paid respect to the dead. Chaejeong, Minju, and Yujin finally caught up and went silent.

“What happened, Yena?” Yujin asked.

“Chaeyeon’s mother had passed away. Excuse me....” Yena spoke to her then whispered to someone. “Where’s Lee Chaeyeon?”

“She left two days ago. She only attended the vigil.”

Yena was perplexed with such an answer but she asked again. “What about Lee Chaeryeong?”

“She’s over there.” The servant pointed at a woman talking with older ones.

Yena spared her thanks and they were overwhelmed to finally meet their friend. Chaejeong smirked to prepare her words of insult whereas Yuri and Minju joined with their husbands. Yena and Yujin were excited as they drew closer, slowly and surely. Yena approached first, giving a pat on her shoulder. “Chaeyeon-ah?”

A girl faced them, resembling their lost friend. But her question made the friends wonder. “Excuse me? Who are you?”

“Chaeryeong-ah?” Yena used another name.

“Yes?” The girl responded.

“Uhh…Chaeryeong-ah, it’s us, Yena and Yujin.” Yena talked again. “Even Minju, Yuri, and Miss 79 are with us.”

The girl got more confused. “I’m sorry but who are you again?”

The question shocked the friends and left them towards confusion. Yujin got a little impatient. “Yah, Lee Chaeryeong. Don’t you remember us?”

“I don’t. Who are you?” She spat one more time.

Yena huffed and asked a question this time. “Do you know someone by the name of Lee Chaeyeon?”

“We’re looking for Chaeryeong.” Yujin interrupted Yena with another answer.

“I’m Chaeryeong.”

“Lee Chaeryeong?” Yujin clarified again.

“Lee Chaeryeong. That’s me.” She answered.

Yena and Yujin were damned. Chaeryeong was disrupted with a pat from the elders saying their condolences to the younger. Chaeryeong said her thanks and accompanied them outside. She gave one last confused look at the random people before she left.

“What was that about?” Yuri witnessed it and was as confused as her wife and friend. “How could Chaeryeong not remember us?”

“Yeah…that’s impossible,” Minju added.

Yujin couldn’t give a concrete answer when Yena looked at the wall. It had various frames filled with memorabilia but what shocked her was the degree at the very top.

It wasn’t just any degree. It was her degree in Medicine.

“Lee Chaeryeong…” Yena mumbled the name.

She looked down at the class photo. Yena was damned to see the same photo took years ago. She looked at the person on Director Kim’s right and saw the same person.

“I don’t understand…” Yena huffed. “…how could the degree and photo come here?!”

Yujin wondered of her best friend’s words and they all gathered looking at the pictures.

“Love…there’s something different with the photo…” Yuri spoke.

Most of them didn’t get it. Yuri got her phone and showed the soft copy of the same photo she took. They looked at it and the photo in the frame and there was a large difference.

“Chaeyeon’s hair was straight and she wore a simple white collared shirt, black pants and shoes…but in this photo…” Yuri pointed at the frame, specifically at Chaeyeon’s part. “…the hair’s wavy. She wore the same pants and shoes but her shirt’s blue.”

“it only means that…” Minju thought and pointed. “…it’s a different girl in the photo. That’s not Chaeyeon.”

Yuri nodded, joining with her wife and friends in confusion. Chaejeong batted her questions when Yujin shuts with her large hand.

“We should discuss this somewhere else,” Yena spoke and all of them agreed.

+++

They were back at the center of Cheorwon. The van was parked near the convenience store again yet the friends didn’t get in the vehicle nor the store to contemplate. They were at a veranda where Yena was thinking the events deeply whereas Yujin grabbed some biscuits from a basket of goods found in Chaejeong’s car. For the rest of the girls, they went to pee.

“I’ll be in the Guinness Book of Records for driving Seoul-Cheorwon in underwear,” Yujin added as she munched.

“It’s ing weird.” Yena erupted, facing Yujin. “Same photo, same degree, almost the same face…but a different woman…” She added a pout that resembled a duck’s beak. “What’s going on?”

“But first…how in the world did Chaejeong get Chaeyeon’s address?”

Yena agreed. The three girls were back from peeing as Yena called Chaejeong. Chaejeong would’ve complied but she flipped out when she saw Yujin eating the biscuits. She snatched the container and placed it back in the basket. “Yah! How dare you open these handmade biscuits?! I got them from San Francisco!”

“Pft. You can find these at S&R.” Minju chuckled as she checked the product.

“No wisecrack about it, you frog.” Chaejeong spat and got the container again. “I can’t believe your idiotic wife opened this.” She got the basket and moved it away. “This is supposed to be a gift for Miss Cherry Lee.”

“Huh? Berry Lee? Who’s that?” Yena asked.

“Not Berry. Cherry! A ‘Ch’! Cherry Lee! I can’t believe you don’t know who she is.” Chaejeong spat. “She’s a great scientist, the first Korean female scientist in this century. She has 2000 patents. The world wants her. It took me a year to get an appointment with her but once she signs with my company, I’ll be huge! Huge!”

“Scratch that unknown person.” Yujin rolled her eyes. “How did you get Chaeyeon’s address?”

“You should be thanking Miss Cherry Lee. She led me to Chaeryeong. Have a look at this.” She said again, giving a picture.

The two married couples drew closer to check the photo. Yuri wondered. “Isn’t this your first wife Minji?”

“Correct. Not only she’s my wife, but she’s also my secretary.” Chaejeong began. “She was here two years ago to fix an appointment to meet Miss Cherry Lee. It was a first and a failed one. She didn’t get the appointment but she got me a lead to Chaeryeong.”

“It’s Chaeyeon.” Yuri corrected her.

Chaejeong shrugged it off. The married couples saw a large photo of Minji but on the side just behind her was Chaeyeon.

“I checked the Cheorwon census and found two familiar names: Lee Chaeryeong and Lee Chaeyeon. Nonetheless, it was a lead found and proven.” Chaejeong concluded.

“But what the was that?” Yujin spoke about the incident in the large home. “Why was she Chaeryeong? What happened to her face and personality? Did she change both in honor of your visit?”

Yena eased all of them with pats and spoke. “Only that woman has the answer.”

“Agreed. Let’s return to that house.” Yuri agreed with her wife as much they all did and they went back.

+++

In the said home, the confused girl was standing in front of a large portrait of her mother, an urn that contained her ashes in the palm of her hands. The lid was opened as the holder said her prayers.

“I’m sorry, Eomma. I couldn’t fulfill your wishes and Appa’s. You kept asking to yield the caduceus but I took the weapon of physical expression. There the door of opportunity opened but here, you closed your eyes.” She coughed and closed the urn. “I’m so sorry, Eomma. I couldn’t be a good daughter.”

“You’re wrong.” A voice erupted, shocking the latter.

She saw the same random people that questioned her name. it sent her to anger and worry whereas the group sent themselves to curiosity and truth.

“You’re a medical professional and your college degree is on the wall,” Yena added again. “You’re a very good daughter.”

“Yah…how dare you to barge in my property?!” The woman spat again. “I could’ve considered the first one but not this one. I’ll have you arrested for this!”

“No. You’ll be arrested because of the inquiries we have,” Minju added. “You used the degree to clinch contracts within the medical field, didn’t you?”

The woman was taken aback. The expression made the friends conclude that it was the truth.

“That’s our friend’s degree. How did you get it?” Yujin asked this time.

The woman exhaled as she placed the urn on the table. She went to a closet and got a shotgun. Chaejeong became a coward and ran away as soon as the woman loaded the weapon. She aimed it directly at the four.

“This is a 150-acre estate. If I shoot and bury the four of you, no one will know…so I suggest you get lost.” The woman spoke and used her shotgun to shoo them away. “I’ll take Eomma’s ashes and drop them into the sacred river. I could include yours too.”

The couples were nervous. Here they were, trying to search for their friend only to get the consequence of getting shot. Minju and Yuri were scared but Yujin and Yena tried to be strong for them. The husbands held their wives’ hands and they backed away slowly…

…until they released their holds and Yuri yelled.

“Grab Eomma!!” She exclaimed as Minju and Yujin grabbed two urns.

The woman was left in a confused trance, unaware to whom had the real urn. Nonetheless, she chased with her shotgun in hand, choosing to chase Yujin and Yena. The two idiots and their wives ran around the house. Yujin and Yena ended up having the woman in their tail as they stopped at the bathroom. The woman exclaimed to let the urn go when Yujin crouched close to the toilet bowl and aimed to drop the urn there, causing the woman to scream.

“Tell the truth or else Eomma’s flushed!” Yujin spat.

“Hand over Eomma!!”

“Lie in front of our faces and Eomma will go to the sacred sewer!”

The woman screamed louder, reaching for her hand. “Yah! Hand over Eomma!!”

“You pull the trigger, I pull the flush!” Yujin spat again as she held a hanging string with the other hand.

“I’ll count to three!”

“You want to shoot us?!” Yena spat as she opened the lid. “Yujin, scatter the ashes!”

Yujin gulped. They’ve got the empty one. And surely, her wife got the real urn as Yuri and Minju were behind the woman. Minju had placed the urn on the table whereas Yuri got another shotgun. Yena was aware of their presence but not the fact that they got the real urn.

The woman counted off and Yena spat threats of flushing the ashes if she doesn’t spit anything. Yujin gulped of the tension as she nudged and whispered. “Yena-ya?”

“What is it, Yujin-ah?” Yena whispered back as quiet as she could.

“We got the wrong urn. It’s empty.”

“Huh? It’s empty?” Yena’s eyes bawled out as she whispered.

The woman was just as confused as them, wondering what they meant. “Empty…what do you mean, empty?”

Yena had a five-second glance towards Minju and Yuri, getting their signals to make something up. It was then that large duck erupted, nudging Yujin’s arms. “We’ll empty out the urn, I said!!”

The woman went back to panicking, spitting her ‘no’s. Yujin was the confused one as Yena yelled over and over to throw the urn. Yujin was still confused that Yena grabbed the lid and lets it fall on the toilet bowl, eliciting another scream from the woman as she dropped her gun.

“Hands up.”

“Hands. Up.”

As the woman raised her arms, Minju and Yuri were behind her. Minju got the gun, aiming it on the woman’s waist. The woman was defenseless as the married couples finally clear the air.

“Yah…” Yujin squinted and held the urn tight. “…who are you?”

The woman confessed that she was Chaeryeong but they thought she was lying again. Yujin lowered the urn again as Minju aimed the gun at her head this time, screams repeating all over again.

“Yah, yah, yah!!! It’s true! I swear on Eomma and Appa’s graves!” She snapped. “I’m the real Chaeryeong. The one you’re looking is my unnie, Chaeyeon!!”

The shenanigan stopped. Minju puts the gun down as much as Yujin secured the urn again even if it was gross to grab the lid from the toilet bowl.

“I’ll explain everything!!” Chaeryeong breathed. “I apologize for the mishap. Now I reckon you’re the friends she’s been telling me.”

“Shoot,” Yena spoke as the other three nodded.

Chaeryeong was released and she motioned them to follow somewhere. The married couples were still hesitant but they followed anyway.

The things they were willing to do for Chaeyeon…