Idiotic Chivalry (Part 1)

The Mindset of Idiots

The journey to find Chaeyeon went on for two idiots, their wives, and an obnoxious classmate from long ago. As Yujin sped up, Yena had a thought in her head that she nudged her fellow idiot. “Hold on a second!”

“What is it?”

“We forgot to inform Sakura-neesan!” Yena spat.

“You’re right, love!” Yuri had the same thought. “Shouldn’t we include her in this journey?”

“Yah! Can we have a pit-stop?!” Chaejeong whined like an idiotic baby. “My bladders are bursting!”

Minju hissed and gave her head a karate chop. “Shut up!”

“Love, are you still in touch with her?” Yujin asked her wife.

“Not anymore, love.” Minju sighed. “Ever since Chaeyeon left without a word, Sakura-neesan became distant once more.”

“Love?” Yena asked Yuri this time.

“No…” Yuri sighed then had a thought. “…but maybe Chaewon does. She and Sakura-neesan work at the same hospital!”

“Do you have her home number?” Yujin asked. “Try to call her. We’ll take a pit-stop.”

“Good idea,” Minju said as she pinched Chaejeong’s ear. “This whiny baby might wet in her pants.”

The four laughed and stopped at a deserted area with bits of trees around. Chaejeong hopped off of her own vehicle first, running towards nature to pee, her complaint ringing around the area. The couples also went out, with Yuri making the call.

“Anything?” Yena asked as she stretched.

“She’s not answering her flip phone. I’ll try the hospital hotline.” Yuri mumbled and made another call.

After doing bits of stretches, they all gathered around Yuri. Yuri reacted when Chaewon answered and spoke. “Yo, silent angel!!”

Yah! It’s been a while since you called, Yuri? How are you?

“I’m with my wife Yena, Yujin and Minju,” Yuri spoke. “Chaeyeon’s in Busan.”

Oh, snap! Turn me in speaker mode!

Yuri did just that and the rest greeted Chaewon. Chaewon greeted them back, saying that she missed them then asking. What made you guys call this hotline? Good thing that I don’t get to entertain a lot of patients today.

“Is Sakura-neesan there?” Yena asked.

She isn’t. She took a leave of absence last week and won’t return until the next.

“Eh? Is she at her home? Her apartment?”

Oh, my…she didn’t tell you guys, huh?

“Huh? Why?” Yuri spat. “What do we need to know?”

She’s not in her home. She’s at Daegu. She’s getting married today.

Holy , the four thought. It was silence until Chaewon spoke again.

“She didn’t invite us. Wow.” Minju commented.

“Aish, even if she did, I won’t go unless she weds Kaeun-nim or Chaeyeon.” Yena spat. “What about you, Chaewon?”

Same reason plus I’m in charge of the hospital until she returns. Hey! If you found Chaeyeon, inform me of our reunion, okay?

“Okay,” Yujin spoke. “We miss you, buddy. See you soon.”

I miss you guys too. Adios.

Chaewon hung up and the four were dejected. Yuri and Minju ended up sitting on the dusty ground, Yena on a rock, and Yujin paced around while face-palming. Even in Chaejeong was back from peeing, they maintained on their spots.

“It’s too late.” Yujin sighed. “She’s married.”

“Not yet,” Yena added, getting reactions from her wife and friends. “We’re in Jecheon. It’ll be an hour drive and if we rush, we’ll make it before the vows. What do you say?”

“Love is up to a good idea that I don’t want to say against it.” Yuri cheered.

“It’s a no-brainer move but I like it!” Minju added as all of them got up and went to the van. “Let’s go!”

“Hey! No other pit-stops! Straight to Busan!” Chaejeong blocked them as she adjusted her pants. “We meet Chaeyeon and return because I have a meeting on Friday with Miss Cherry Lee. Now get in the van!”

The four looked at Chaejeong getting inside and her voice was loud and evident. Yena and Yujin offered earplugs for their wives and they blocked their earholes from hearing Chaejeong’s ty complaints. As they did, they looked at each other and had an idea.

+++

The journey continued and it became a peaceful one. Yujin still drove and Yena was beside her. Yuri made another call to Chaewon as Minju checked at the back, giving a smirk. At the back was Chaejeong, limbs tied and mouth covered with a dirty hanky. It was ironic for her part. She was the owner of the van yet she was treated like a victim kidnapped by two idiots and their wives.

“She’s at a reception hall near Daegu International Airport.” Yuri shared as she ended her call with Chaewon. “A pavillion with pink and red décor.”

Yujin nodded and drove while Yena looked around for the building. They stopped by a pavillion with a decorated garden within a narrow road. Seeing the guests getting inside and a name given by Chaewon, they got to the right place. They parked the car near a sign and got out.

“What in the actual ?” Yena huffed. “Sakura weds Jurina?”

“Eh?! She’s marrying that ?!” Yuri joined.

“Thanks for the suit, Chaejeong~” Yujin grinned and got out. “Love, you’ll stay in the car.”

“Okay. I won’t let this whiny imbecile away from my watch.” Minju assured her.

Yujin her gave a kiss and went to change. Yuri volunteered to blend in with the crowd and lets her wife come with Yujin. The two wore disguises and got inside the hall, going towards the rooms where the bride and groom are preparing themselves.

“The Terrorist is going to flip out again,” Yena spoke. “We had intruded ourselves in her nieces’ weddings.”

“Okay…” Yujin added as they stopped. “…you’ll update Sakura-neesan while I’ll peel the price tag.”

The two commenced their plan. Yujin made her senses keen, seeing a housekeeping member carrying an iron.

“Bingo…” Yujin mumbled and got to the door, facing the person. “Is this for Room 107?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“I’ll do that for you. You took ages.” Yujin insisted, grabbing the iron. “Off, you go.”

The member apologized and went. Yujin took off bits of her disguise and knocked. “Housekeeping, ma’am?”

Come in!

Yujin opened the door and got in, seeing Jurina pluck strands of facial hair.

“Iron my dress. Quickly.” Jurina added before resuming her routine.

Yujin did just that until she saw a cup of gochujang beside an empty plate of dynamite. She smirked and poured the sauce on the plate then submerging the iron onto it. She gulped and ironed the dress, leaving a large mark of gochujang.

Yujin did her part. She wondered of Yena’s situation with Sakura.

+++

Sakura was in her room preparing herself for the wedding. For a moment that she would be dying to happen, she wasn’t happy. She looked at herself putting the mask on and sighed.

“I’m so sorry, Kaeun-chan…”

“She would forgive you if you married her or someone else that’s like her.”

Sakura looked at the mirror and saw a long-lost friend. She turned around and smiled. “Yena, you big ducky~”

“Hey, Neesan. Although Jerry’s a better call. We’re Tom and Jerry after all.”

“Glad you could make it. I’m sorry for not informing you.”

“It’s fine. Chaewon informed me and I’m here on behalf of our friends.” Yena said. “I also came here for I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?” Sakura asked.

“We found Chaeyeon.”

Sakura’s spirit went dimmer that she resumed preparing as if Yena wasn’t there. Yena wondered of her Neesan’s expression that she sat next to her. “Why are you like that? We found Chaeyeon. Now you won’t have to marry an .”

“Jurina’s not an . You’re mad, Yena-chan.” Sakura huffed and looked away.

“Don’t fool yourself, Neesan.” Yena spoke. “Yes, she left and didn’t leave any trace, hence to why you’re disappointed, mad even. But your heart will never abandon to feel love towards a decent person.”

“Yena-chan…” Sakura was taken aback.

“Kaeun-nim’s your first love. She passed on but I know that she wants what’s best for you. She wants you off with Chaeyeon because she loves you dearly. And I know you also love Chaeyeon.” Yena added. “You even eat her favorite food.”

Sakura looked at the empty plate with the tips of the peppers. She also saw the empty cup of gochujang. It was not much of her taste but she grew fond of it, all because of Chaeyeon. And Yena was right. Even if she will always love Kaeun, she also had her heart for Chaeyeon. Other memories were also part of that fact but they were saved for some time that Chaeyeon will be found.

Now that she was found, was this her big chance to give and take explanations and get her love back?

“How could you even marry Jurina-san? She’s incorrigible.” Yena added. “Once a price tag, always a price tag.”

“Shut it, Yena. Jurina’s a changed woman.” Sakura spat. “She doesn’t speak about brands and prices anymore.”

“MY ONE MILLION U.S DOLLAR DRESS!!!”

Yena had proven her point and Sakura was taken aback.

+++

On the other side of the room, Jurina was choking Yujin despite the height difference.

“Why the would you people eat these stuffed and wrapped pepper with its sauce?!” Jurina yelled.

“I’ll sort it out, madam-“

“How?!!!”

“Our laundry services can handle the toughest of gochujang stains.” Yujin grabbed the stained dress. “I’ll handle it in a jiffy.”

Yujin got out of Jurina’s grasp but the was an aggressive dog, chasing her and wanting to bite all because of a dress.

“Get it ready soon!!” Jurina yelled at the top of her lungs.

+++

Sakura and Yena heard that yell but the noises became gibberish. Yena tried to prove her point through that situation but Sakura was like a brick wall.

“Still…it’s too late now, Yena-chan.”

“Sakura-chan.” Hyewon arrived, just in time for Yena to keep herself hidden. “Let’s go now. We’re late.”

Sakura mumbled her apologies to a hiding Yena before she left with her sister. As they walked, Yujin saw them. Looking at them, she realized Yena wasn’t able to convince her. Looking at the dress, she decided to do the convincing. She got to a room and wore the dress, the article looking a little short since she stood quite the height.

“Jurina-san?” An event organizer saw her.

Yujin hid her face with some extra cloth and spoke. “Y-Yes?”

“Sakura-chan’s already at the altar. Here.” She handed a mask.

“Can you give me a moment?” Yujin asked and got the mask.

The event organizer agreed and Yujin had to be quick in preparing herself. She pictured out Jurina’s look in her head and made her hair like it. She then wore the mask and went out. “I’m ready.”

Thanks for the hairdo skills, love.

+++

Yena sighed and got to the crowd where Yuri was. Yuri saw the wedding commence that she pulled her wife close. “Love, what happened?”

“I couldn’t convince her.” Yena sighed.

Yuri was down with her. They were standing close to the to-be-wed couple and sighed dejectedly when their gazes landed on a pair of dirty black Vans. Judging of Jurina, she wouldn’t wear such shoes at her wedding. Yena knew who it was that she and Yuri ran back to the van.

On another side of the story, the couple was in their places. Sakura looked at her soon-to-be wife and wondered. Is it me or Jurina-san got taller?

“Sakura-neechan. It’s me, Yujin. Please don’t yell or else they’ll kill me.”

Sakura was damned. But judging for the height and the Vans behind her, she was sure that the person was telling the truth.

“Yah…” Sakura whispered. “…where’s Jurina?”

“Probably calling housekeeping about her dress,” Yujin whispered back and it was indeed what Jurina did.

“Yah. Go and send Jurina here.” Sakura whispered again.

“I’m afraid I can’t do that. It’s rude to leave the ceremony.”

A phone rang during the ceremony and Yujin was quick to answer it. “Hello?”

Yuri and I are in the car with Minju and the whiny . – Yena

Grab her and run. – Yuri

Don’t move, you whiny ! – Minju

As of this time, Jurina would be called by another housekeeping member about her presence and to whom was at the altar with Sakura. At the same time, Sakura and Yujin were to be ‘wed’ after a series of rites.

“Yah, Sakura-neesan.” Yujin whispered enough for Sakura to hear. “Another round and we’ll be considered married. And you know, I can’t be married again for I’m already married to Minju. Let’s go already.”

“It’s too late,” Sakura whispered. “People will laugh and I will be put to shame.”

“So you’ll commit suicide?!” Yujin asked, taking off the mask.

The people were shocked. Hyewon gasped, even Director Kim reacted saying her full name. Mumbles began to ring around the wedding that Director Kim wanted to stop her. Yet, Hyewon prevented her, even her five-year-old daughter that was in between the two.

“Just so you know, people will gossip then forget. But that doesn’t apply to regret for it’ll happen even on your deathbed.” Yujin spoke. “You could’ve married Kaeun-nim for she was great inside and out but circumstances took her away from you. You could’ve taken the van by the gate that's within reach, carrying you to Chaeyeon and marrying her as a second chance...but in fear of the society surrounding you, you married this .”

Yujin pointed towards a running Jurina in her bathrobe, muttering a simple, “Housekeeping?” Sakura looked at her, at her family, then at the van where Minju opened the door for her to get inside. She had considered the thoughts and made a decision.

She grabbed Yujin’s arm and they ran towards the van and getting in. The people went to witness the sudden intrusion, seeing the van speed off. Director Kim was speechless that her niece left for no reason but Hyewon had another thought.

Sure, it was sudden and disrespectful for Sakura to go. It would actually bring gossip and disgrace to her aunt’s part. But for her, she was relieved. Sakura made the right decision to follow her heart, to follow Kaeun’s last wish, and to follow her second and new love, Chaeyeon.

“Mommy.” Her daughter nudged. “Imonie did it, right?”

Hyewon took her daughter in her arms and smiled. “She finally did.”

+++

It was fun and greetings for the friends. Sakura was happy to be away from a wedding she didn’t want, and of a reunion with one of her friends within their circle.

“Sakura-neesan, minor problem,” Yuri spoke as she drove.

“What is it?”

“We don’t know if Chaeyeon’s married.”

“What?!!” Sakura flipped out, throwing her mask and veil off the window.

“Don’t say that, love,” Yena added. “I’m sure Chaeyeon isn’t married.”

“And if she is?!” Sakura spat.

“Then we’ll drop you off.” Yujin joked.

Sakura flipped out and almost choked Yujin. Minju intruded and told her neesan to relax. “Here, Neesan. Have some handmade biscuits from San Francisco.”

It became a little messy inside the van. Sakura was even shocked that Chaejeong was with them, all tied up.

“Just ignore her,” Yuri spoke.

“Have some biscuits, Neechan.” Minju added yet Sakura didn’t want some.

“All is well, all is well.” Yena and Yujin mumbled together.

Everyone calmed. Yuri and Minju joined their wives, even Sakura added it while she prayed.

Yena had another trip to memory lane. Yesterday, she was a law-abiding citizen. But on this day, she forced an aircraft to land, almost dropped ashes of her best friend’s mom into the sewers, and disrupted a wedding, eloping the bride away from it. All for Chaeyeon!

She didn’t mind. The rest of her friends didn’t mind. Because in Chaeyeon’s shoes, she would also such means to help the ones she loved.


It was late and the rain poured heavily. Chaeryeong prepped some stuff and even spared time to tuck her friends to bed after seeing them sleep like wasted drunkards. She had done so after sending Chaewon and Sakura to their places and now, she was set off to do another task.

Chaeryeong was always a law-abiding citizen. Even if she would rebel against some, she also had time to obey as long as it’s for the greater good. But when her loved ones are on the line, she would jump onto that boundary for them.

In this instance, she’s going to do the unrighteous by stealing the test papers from the Terrorist’s territory.

“Envelope with the red seal…” She mumbled as she unlocked the office.

Chaeryeong puts her headlamp on and went inside, formulating the plan. She started off by looking at the shelves and drawers. During the search, she felt insane doing such a thing. She feared that if her friends failed, there will be consequences: receiving of disappointments from others and a series of jumps, one from Nako and Yujin and a second from Yena. Chaeryeong dubbed herself as a principled thief, stealing three sets of papers for her three friends. Then again, she swore not to take a peek on any, especially the Medicine test paper.

“I can’t find it…” Chaeryeong huffed. “I have to ask Kkura.”

She held the wireless telephone close to her ear as she continued to search. Sakura didn’t answer but she finally found the envelope with the red seal. She puts the phone back and grabbed glue and a cutter from her bag. She slowly opened the envelope and saw the test papers for Engineering, Fine Arts, and Medicine.

Footsteps were heard from outside, soft yet audible for Chaeryeong. She quickly photocopied the papers and once she finished, she placed the original papers inside the envelope and glued the red seal back. She placed the envelope back in the hiding place, got the photocopies, and went out of the office to lock it again and ran back to their turf.

Chaeryeong was relieved. Her plan had gone well…

…or so she thought.

+++

Director Kim was in her home, doing some paperwork. Her nieces Sakura and Hyewon were calling Chowon with regards to the baby girl. A phone was vibrating on the table and Director Kim was disrupted. “Sakura, your phone.”

She turned around and Sakura and Hyewon were still calling Chowon. The vibration went on and Director Kim decided to get the phone. “Sakura! Your pho-“

Calling: Imonie’s Office

Director Kim was completely shocked that she held the phone until the caller hung up. She quickly went outside, her nieces unaware that she went. She walked in the hard and pouring rain as her umbrella was almost blown. She rushed towards her office, her keys grabbed from her pocket as she opened it. She got inside the office to see no one but something unusual was seen.

The photocopier was on.

Director Kim had a bad feeling and went to the closet of History books where the envelope was hidden. She checked the envelope, feeling the wet glue on her fingertips the moment she touched the seal. Her blood boiled to its maximum point that she went out and called. “Security!!”

Two guards heard her and they rushed to the director. “Director-“

“Follow me to Lee Chaeryeong’s room!” She demanded.

The guards were scared of her rage that they had to obey. Director Kim stormed in the hallways like a raging lion and got to the room, kicking it off of its lock. She was greeted with nothing and her anger rose. But then, her eyes focused on another building that was lit.

“That’s the storage room, Director-“

“Follow me!” Director Kim spat again.

She knew that inside was Chaeryeong and her roommates. With the situation, she was sure to make Chaeryeong pay.

+++

Yena, Yujin, and Nako were up and they looked around sleepily, wondering where Chaeryeong was. Just then, someone got inside the window and stumbled on the floor. The three wondered and went to help the person up.

“Chaeryeong-ah?” Yena wondered. “What are you-did you go out?”

“Yeah…” Chaeryeong panted. “I’m safe…”

“Safe from what?” Yujin asked. “Where did you go?”

Chaeryeong got the papers and gave them to the three. “Here you go guys…”

“What are these?” Nako asked.

“My gifts for the three of you,” Chaeryeong spoke as she got up. “Those are question papers for your respective exams. The Terrorist had set it up to fail you three.”

The three looked at the contents, then at Chaeryeong. Yena reacted first as she hugged Chaeryeong tight. “Buddy…you shouldn’t have done this.”

“How strange of you, Chaeryeong-ah.” Yujin had a sad smile. “You taught us to be upright but now, you’re offering us our paths to shame.”

“To be honest, we should be thankful…but no way…” Nako sniffled. “…we’re not going to cheat our way through this hell.”

Chaeryeong was hit with their words. She felt like a principled thief but she was ashamed. “I’m sorry…I…I didn’t want to put you in jeopardy.”

“You would never!” Yena hugged her tighter. “If we pass on our own, then it’s our own steam to power our trains. But if we won’t, it’ll also be okay.”

Chaeryeong broke from the hug to look at her friends. She was teary and the three were quick to hug her with comfort. Nako took the papers, crumpled them into one ball and threw the ball away. She then joined the idiots and they hugged. Even if Chaeryeong did something bad and out of her comfort zone, they looked at the beauty of her action. She had done so much for their lives that they could never get mad at her.

Chaeryeong felt ecstatic. Being with her circle of friends was happy enough. How much more of two idiots and a valet hugging her like she was their sister? She won them over as much as the three won Chaeryeong over. Their embraces felt like of family’s. Chaeryeong could cry of such an idea but being the stupidly rational person, she managed to keep it in.

The door of their turf busted open and there was Director Kim together with the guards. The four were frozen, with Chaeryeong reminding herself of her minor failures. She forgot to turn off the photocopier and used the landline instead of her own phone that she forgot to bring. Director Kim saw the crumpled papers and she erupted seeing the content.

Her hunch was right. Chaeryeong did steal the papers.

“DAMN THIEF!!” Director Kim raged and hits Chaeryeong with her umbrella many times.

Being the rascal, Nako tried to stop the director but the guard held her. Yujin also did the same but the other guard stopped her. Yena was the timid one as she ranted apologies just for the director to stop hitting Chaeryeong.

A hit…

“YOU RASCAL!”

…and another…

“YOU WANTED TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM, HUH?!”

…and another…

“YOU’LL POUR LIQUOR ON MY MAILBOX AGAIN?!”

“Director, what are you doing?!” Nako ranted as she broke free and stopped her.

Nako would’ve been hit by the umbrella but Chaeryeong went to protect her. The umbrella was broken and Chaeryeong was hit on the head. The harsh situation stopped that Yena went to check on her friends. Yujin was released too late and also went to them.

“YOU ARE ALL RUSTICATED!” Director Kim erupted. “If you all aren’t out by morning, I’ll call the police!! I will call the police!!”

the police, the three thought. Nako became teary as she noticed Chaeryeong’s head bleed a little. Yena became a worried ducky, tears dropping from her eyes as Chaeryeong felt dizzy. Being medically inclined, she and Yujin help their best friend.

“RASCALS! RASCALS, ALL OF YOU!!”

Director Kim raged out as the guards demanded them to get out because they have used a room without permission.

“We’ll get out! Just give us some time!” Nako spat.

The guards didn’t say a word and left. The three checked on Chaeryeong as her head was still lowered.

“Buddy…buddy-you okay?” Yujin called.

“Chaeryeong-ah,” Yena called and she was crying.

Chaeryeong opened her eyes and gave a little smile. “I became bad, huh?”

“Don’t mind that. We’re asking if you’re okay.” Nako spoke as she got a cloth and wiped Chaeryeong’s head. “She’s an .”

“I heard everything,” Chaeryeong spoke. “We should go to our rooms now.”

“Agreed,” Yujin said. “We’ll pack our stuff and come with you.”

“No. I’ll be the one to get out of this place. I made the wrongdoing. I should go.” Chaeryeong said.

“And no, we’re not going to let you off on your own.” Yujin spat. “We’ll come with you.”

Chaeryeong still had the effect of the hits that Yena and Yujin help her towards their room. Nako went back to her home before locking the storage room-turned-turf.

+++

Director Kim returned home as soon as Hyewon ended her call with her wife and as Sakura washed dishes.

“Who gave Lee Chaeryeong the duplicate key?!!” She spat. “How did she get the key?!”

Sakura slammed a cup on the counter, shards scattered around it. “I gave Chaeryeong the key, Imonie.” She gritted her teeth. “If I had done the same thing to Eunbi-unnie, she would’ve been alive today.”

“Sakura!” Hyewon reprimanded her. “Stop it!”

Sakura paid no heed and faced her aunt. “You think your first niece died during her trip to Cheorwon?”

“Sakura!” Hyewon was also angry as she went to her.

“You decided to let her become a medical professional in your university. You made her life to live away from Mom, you made her compete with Kaeun-chan in university, and you separated her away from Chaeyeon.”

The last name had a ring to Sakura and to Director Kim. Hyewon became very worried, stopping Sakura to say anything further. Again, her plea was turned a deaf ear.

“Did you even ask her consent? Did you even ask her about what she wanted to be?” Sakura spat. “You thought of our mom as someone who’s irresponsible, marrying three men while giving birth to three different daughters. It’s why you raised us, right?”

“Sakura-“

“Since Eunbi-unnie was the daughter of your favored suitor for Mom, you favored her…but then you pressured her…” Sakura added and she was crying. “You had put such pressure on Eunbi-unnie that she chose death over an exam.”

Director Kim was taken aback as Sakura went to get something. She faced Hyewon and was shaking. “I-I don’t understand…Hyewon-ah, what’s going on?”

“Imonie, please go to your room and-“

Sakura returned with a purple bag. It was Eunbi’s bag. Sakura dropped the contents on the table containing medical notes, dance brochures, a note, and the same picture Sakura had kept.

“Sakura!” Hyewon drew near to stop her. “Sakura, please don’t do this-“

Sakura pushed her away and got the note, showing it to her aunt. “She wanted to study Fine Arts in Cheorwon, where Chaeyeon resided. She wanted to be a dancer. But instead, you made her study Medicine here and made her take a special exam for Harvard in Hwacheon.” She almost crumpled the note. “Instead of returning with good marks and a happy body, she returned with this note and her dead body.”

“Sakura, put that away!” Hyewon demanded.

“I can’t cover this up anymore, Hyewon-unnie! Please, no more cover-ups!” Sakura raged then approached her aunt. “For once…for once!! If you had told Eunbi-unnie not to take Medicine if she didn’t want to! If you had told her to do what her heart wanted…” Sakura clutched the letter, showing it to her aunt. “…then she would’ve been alive today!!”

“Sakura-“

“You broke her towards her limit, just like what you did to Kaeun-chan!”

Director Kim looked like a body with no soul. She watched Sakura weep in front of her, hand still clutching onto the letter. She grabbed the letter from her grasp and spat. “Eunbi and Kaeun did not die of suicide…and what does that Chaeyeon have to do with this? She’s been dead long ago.”

“And what? You’ll be ignorant about it?”

Director Kim froze.

“You’re right, Imonie. It’s not suicide…” Sakura added. “…it’s murder.”

Director Kim felt like her soul was taken away. Sakura ended up crying, grabbing her car keys and jacket and leaving the house. Hyewon would’ve stopped her but her stomach was starting to hurt. Director Kim was in an unmoved state. She looked at Eunbi’s stuff on the table, noticing the picture of her with Sakura, Kaeun, and allegedly, Chaeyeon. The note was also noticed as she read it.

I am now going on a great adventure. What my actions did and what my heart approved cannot be wrong. I, Kwon Eunbi-with my death-apologize to everyone who made me bright and made me whole. I am better off to be burned out than to fade away. The Terrorist had demanded me to fulfill her wishes with my own hands. I cannot bear all of it. My act will prove to everyone what is the right thing to do.

Director Kim shivered of the content. The second paragraph caught her eye that she didn’t have the right to read it.

Chaeyeon, my love. I am a lonely soul without you. I feel that I cannot bear the fact any longer, that you passed on. I’m sorry and I love you. I didn’t believe that I went to Cheorwon and wanted to do much to find you and bring you back. To Kaeun-ah and Sakura-chan, thank you and I’m sorry. Being with you two and Chaeyeon was the best memory I could ever have. My work is done. You don’t have to wait anymore.

To my aunt who has raised us, my gratitude is infinite for the sake of Hyewon-unnie and Sakura. But to me, you do actions without thinking of the consequences. I was not meant for the medical field but you forced me in it. Have you considered the flow of my life as a sport? If so, I hoped you had fun in hell. Goodbye and thank you. Your bad side is a soulless bastard. I hope I take it with me.

Director Kim was shaken and her bad side felt like leaving her soul. She began to reflect, unaware that Hyewon was yelling in pain due to labor.

When I went through a wrong life, things just went wrong too many times. It became the depression in which at long last, consumed me. What else can I say more? Just tell me that I did well, that this is enough. I will now go to sleep longer than usual, in a moment called eternity. Let this not be a burden for others but a buffet for life.

Dear World, I am leaving now. I feel that I’ve lived long enough. Most would think that I cannot take my own life without reflection…but I have. I am a college girl trapped in the cruelty of the world but now, I’m free from it. I will leave the worries in the cesspool. Godspeed.

I’m sorry, Hananim. Please forgive me.

Love, Kwon Eunbi

Director Kim felt drained, dropping the letter on the table. Just then, she heard. “Imonie!”

“Hyewon-ah?” She looked.

“Imonie!” Hyewon was in pain, crouched on the floor while holding her stomach.

She would’ve reflected but the late Eunbi gave her aunt idle time to be in her Hyewon-unnie’s aid first.