W - Secret

Wasted

Wasted | Nine

 

SECRET

 

It's twelve midnight and Taeil's drinking a canned beer at the rooftop of their dorm. To be honest, he shouldn't be drinking but he just can't stop himself from drinking that day... he just want to drink one canned beer to forget all the stuff he's thinking that's all.

 

Actually he didn't plan to drink that day but he suddenly feel like he need to unwind a bit because something's bothering him.

 

"Hey!" Someone said from his back and when he saw that someone it's actually Ten wearing a black shirt and a pajama.

 

"Why are you drinking alone? And why are you drinking today?" Ten said as he sat beside Taeil.

 

"I just want to." Taeil said as he sip a beer from his drink "And why are you here by the way?"

 

Ten smirked a bit before crossing his arms "You texted me by my first name."

 

"And what about that?" Taeil asked as he sip beer from his drink.

 

"You never text me by my first name if you don't have anything in mind or any problem so I'm pretty sure something's bothering you that's why you're drinking beer." Ten explained as he get a beer from the cooler box beside Taeil

 

He just sighed as he continue to drink beer. Ten is definitely right and Taeil's not gonna lie that something's really bothering him. 

 

"So... something's bothering you. What is it?" Ten casually asked him since that was his main reason; to know what's bothering Taeil and to accompany him while he drink beer.

 

Taeil left a long sigh before answering Ten "I don't know... I just don't get him."

 

"Johnny?" Ten asked as Taeil rolled his eyes. "So, I'm right? It's about Johnny?" Ten asked him again as he smile mischievously towards him.

 

"I guess... i mean who will it be if it's not him?" Taeil said as he giggle a bit from the thought that someone (not Johnny) might be bothering him.

 

"Uhhh. Sicheng?" Ten said as he smile weirdly. We all know Taeil liked Winwin before and maybe he's still into him... you'll never know what he really feel unless he said it to him.

 

"I don't like Winwin anymore, Ten. I'm more than happy for him. Yuta deserves him you know." Taeil said as he finished the first canned beer and he get another one from the cooler box.

 

"So it means you already like Johnny?" Ten said as he scanned Taeil's reaction but then Taeil just smirked at him.

 

"No? Of course not." Taeil said as he drink the beer, he don't know but he's getting a lot more nervous now that they're talking about Johnny. He don't even know why that's happening to him. His heartbeat seems to have a different beat now. 

 

Ten lifted up his eyebrow "And why are you not so sure about it? You sound confused, Taeil." 

 

Taeil whispered "Cause I'm really really confused..."

 

"Huh? You said something?" Ten asked. He's sure Taeil said something but he don't know what he just said because his voice was so soft and he didn't hear what he just uttered.

 

"Nothing..." Taeil shrugged.

 

Ten just rolled his eyes. He want to make sure he'll know what's bothering him "Tell me honestly, Taeil. What do you think about Johnny?"

 

Taeil was about to drink the beer on his hand but when he heard Ten's question... he felt something weird.

 

"I think he's nice, thoughtful and caring. I mean... all of my friends are like that just like you." Taeil commented.

 

Ten shook his head "I know what I mean is, he is your friend but do you think there's a big chance for him to be your boyfriend in the future? Will it be okay with you?

 

"He is just my friend. My best friend."

 

Ten sighed "But Johnny doesn't see you as his friend, Taeil. He clearly wants more than just a friend and he knew that well."

 

"I don't know..." Taeil said as he sighed

 

"Taeil, be honest. Why don't you like him?" Ten asked as he raised his eyebrow again. He wants to know the truth why Taeil's acting like that and he want to know his reason why he doesn't like Johnny.

 

Taeil rolled his eyes "It's not that I don't like Jo—"

 

"So, you like him?"

 

"I didn't say that!" Taeil exclaimed that made Ten shocked but that didn't stop Ten from asking more questions.

 

"So, you love him?" Ten asked and Taeil just looked at him. He didn't even respond and just stay silent. "You know silence means yes, Taeil."

 

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't like or freakin' love him." Taeil said again. He just finished his second beer and reached out for the cooler box to drink another beer.

 

Ten shook his head "Then why are you like this, Taeil? You just told me that Johnny's bothering you and your freakin' mind. And now you're telling me you don't have any special feelings for him? That's bulls***, Taeil!"

 

"Because! I don't even know why I'm acting like this! F*** this life. I don't know why I am like this!" Taeil said as he covered his face using his hands "I don't know why I'm like this..."

 

Ten sighed as he caressed Taeil's back to calm him down. He can feel Taeil's frustrations that's why he got a little guilty that he kept on pushing Taeil to answer all of his questions. So after that he remain silent and just wait Taeil to open up freely.

 

After a couple of minutes of staying silent finally Taeil talked again.

 

"You know what, Ten? I just don't get it why he kept on saying that I just feel guilty about what happened at the party when I'm not... I just want to watch the movie with him, what's bad about that? And I'm not guilty about what happened at the party. I asked him to watch the movie with me because I want to be with him..." Taeil explained but he suddenly stopped to drink the beer on his side.

 

"Why do you want to be with him, Taeil?"

 

"I feel comfortable with him. I'm not saying that I'm not comfortable with you and our other members but Johnny's been there for me for a long time. He always take care of me. He's always there when I need someone to talk to. He also make sure that I am okay. Whenever I'm sad he's there to cheer me up. Johnny know me more than anyone else. And seeing him acting like that hurts me inside..."

 

"He's one of the most precious thing that happened in my life and I don't want him to feel uncomfortable with me because it hurts a lot. I don't want him to feel awkward when I'm around... I don't want him to avoid me... I don't want to see him sad because it hurts me a lot seeing him like that and I ing hate myself because I hurt Johnny big time..."

 

Ten's eyes widen from what he just heard. Taeil just finished his third beer and reached out for another one. 

 

"I don't know why it hurts me a lot just seeing him avoiding me and saying things like that. He didn't even texted me today..."

 

Ten giggles as he heard the last sentence Taeil just uttered. "Taeil, you lost your phone, remember?"

 

Taeil just pouted his lips and said "But! He should've at least went to my room and say 'Hi, love! Have a nice day!' even just that?"

 

Ten got more shocked because of that. He didn't expect Taeil will say such things like that. He immediately reached out his phone and texted Johnny to come to the rooftop. Good thing Johnny answered back but he frowned when he saw Johnny's text saying "I'm busy." so he just called him to make sure he can talk to him fast.

 

"Come here. Now!"

 

"And why would I come there?" Johnny calmly asked.

 

Taeil suddenly saw Ten talking to someone in his phone that's why Taeil suddenly talked to the phone.

 

"C-Chittaphon, w-who's that? W-why are you not listening to me? End that call and listen to me..."

 

Ten heard Johnny cuss and he immediately ended the call. Ten smirked because he's now sure Johnny will come to the rooftop.

 

"Who's that?" Taeil asked him.

 

"Johnny."

 

As soon as Taeil heard Johnny's name he cried.

 

"Is he mad at me? Is Youngho mad at me? Answer me..."

 

Ten laughs. Taeil have this habit when he's becoming drunk he kept on calling them their real names.

 

"No, he's not mad at you. Why would he be mad at you?"

 

Taeil pout his lips again "Because... I hurt him but it doesn't mean that I didn't mean everything I said to him last night... I really want to watch the movie with him. I really do..."

 

In the middle of Taeil's talkativeness, Johnny arrived at the rooftop and immediately sit beside Taeil. So their seating arrangement now is Ten's on Taeil's left and Johnny's on his right.

 

Taeil's just looking down and already drunk that's why he didn't noticed Johnny's presence.

 

"Chittaphon, I don't want him to unlike me. What if he unlike me? I don't want that to happen." Taeil cried again in the thought of Johnny might unlike him because he's mad at him.

 

Ten kept on holding his laughter because Johnny looks so confused on what's happening but he just answered Taeil "Why don't you want Johnny to unlike you, Taeil? Do you feel something for him? Do you like him? Or maybe do you love him?"

 

Taeil looked at Ten again. His vision is so blurry but Taeil's sure that his face heat up because of Ten's question.

 

"Ya! Do you see me blushing? Don't ask me that question... my heartbeat is weird... Chittaphon, where is Youngho? I want to see him..."

 

Johnny suddenly giggled that made Taeil confused "Is there a ghost here, Chittaphon? That's not you who giggled."

 

That's when Ten bursted out his laugher "That's not me because it's Johnny."

 

Taeil look confused "Youngho? He's not here. Why would be go here?"

 

"I am here." Johnny finally speak.

 

Taeil was so shocked and look at him. Taeil's not sure who's on his right side that's why he hold his face and scanned his face. "You kinda look like Youngho."

 

Johnny giggled again as he hold Taeil's hand "I am Johnny."

 

Taeil pouted his lips "Don't lie to me. Youngho's mad at me and he will not come here... but I really hope he will not unlike me because I will be sad..."

 

Ten suddenly stand up and told Johnny that he will go ahead first so Johnny just nodded. Ten did that so they can have time together alone and he really thinks that's the time for them to talk one on one.

 

"Why will you be sad? Winwin makes you happy."

 

Taeil punched Johnny's arm but it didn't hurt a lot "Sicheng doesn't make me happy... Youngho makes me happy and if he will unlike me then I'll be sad because I like him."

 

Johnny was shocked to hear Taeil's sudden confession. He don't know what to feel. 

 

"You like who?" Johnny asked him again so he can be sure of what he just heard.

 

"I like...watching movies..." Taeil giggles in the thought of watching movies.

 

"No. I mean who's the person that you like?"

 

Taeil smiles "Stop! You're making me blush. Stop asking me that question..."

 

"Okay... I will not ask you that again."

 

Taeil smiles "You know, you sound just like Youngho," he moved closer to Johnny to smell his scent "You also smell just like him. Are you copying him?"

 

Johnny giggled. He know Taeil's really drunk but he just can't believe Taeil confessed to him. Even though Taeil's drunk and didn't know he's there, he's happy because now he know Taeil like him.

 

"I am really Johnny. Why don't you believe me?" Johnny said as he pinched his nose.

 

"Ya! Only Youngho can pinch my nose like that."

 

"I am Johnny."

 

Taeil crossed his arms and acted as if he's thinking about something "Hmm, if you're Youngho and if I tell you a secret will you promise me not to tell it to anyone?"

 

Johnny nodded and said "I promise."

 

Taeil looked at him and said "I like you."

 

Johnny was stunned but still manage to hold Taeil's hand and said "I like you too, Taeil."

 

•••

 

Hey! Sorry for the late update but this story might end soon and I hope all of you are ready.

 

I am currently making a TaeTen fanfic also which I would probably post after this.

 

Enjoy!

 

-BYEpjulienne