W - Confused

Wasted

Wasted | Eight

 

CONFUSED

 

It's already ten in the morning when Johnny get up on his bed so he just decided to cook eggs and bacon for his breakfast. While he's eating his breakfast suddenly someone knocked on his door and he opened it.

 

It's Taeil.

 

Johnny smiled as soon as he saw him and did the same "Taeil? What are you doing here?"

 

"Visiting you I guess... uhm you'll not invite me inside?" Taeil said which made Johnny smile.

 

"Okay, come inside." Johnny said ad he assisted Taeil inside his room.

 

They went straight to the dining table since Johnny's eating his breakfast.

 

"Did you eat your breakfast, Taeil? Wanna eat with me?" Johnny asked him as he eat his food

 

Taeil shook his head and said "I haven't eat my breakfast yet b—"

 

"Then eat with me."

 

"Uhh is it okay with you?" Taeil asked.

 

"I invited you to eat here so of course it's okay." Johnny smiled as he get a plate for Taeil and put the remaining eggs and bacon on Taeil's plate.

 

Taeil said his thank you to Johnny and they eat their food first because to actually talk again.

 

"So, is there something you want to tell me? I mean you wouldn't go here unless you don't have something to say right?" Johnny asked Taeil as soon as he finished eating.

 

Taeil nodded and said "I was wondering... maybe you want to watch some movie at the cinema... with me?"

 

Johnny was happy when he heard that but he need to say no "I'm sorry, Taeil. I really want to go with you but Taeyong invited me to go to the arcade later."

 

Taeil was smiling before but when he heard Johnny's answer his smile was turned into a sad face "Oh, I see. It's okay..."

 

"Look, I'm really sorry, Taeil. I really want to come with you but it's just that Taeyong asked me first..."

 

Taeil nodded and he really want to say 'Today's the last show of the movie and I really want to watch it with you' but he ended up saying "No, it's okay. I understand."

 

"Hey, don't be sad. Maybe we can watch it tomorrow?"

 

Today's the last day of the show. Taeil said to his mind...but he don't want Johnny to cancel his arcade hangout with Taeyong and he understand that Taeyong was the first one who asked Johnny to hangout with him.

 

"I will not be around tomorrow." Taeil said which made him more sad because he really want to watch the movie with Johnny and he will not be around tomorrow because he have something else to do.

 

"Oh," Johnny pouted his lips and said "Maybe this weekend? I'll save that day for our movie hangout."

 

"Okay." Taeil said. As long as Johnny will be with him to watch any movie well then it's fine with him but he really want to watch this certain movie with him on that day...

 

"Are you sure it's really okay?" Johnny asked him.

 

"Yeah. Of course. Thank you. I'll see you later at the practice room." 

 

"See you."

 

And then Taeil left the room but suddenly Johnny's phone started ringing.

 

"Johnny." It's actually Taeyong who suddenly called him

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Are you still up for the arcade hangout?"

 

"Of course. Why?"

 

"I just saw Taeil left your room. Did you guys talked about something?"

 

He didn't respond for a while but he really trust Taeyong and he really want someone to talk to so...

 

"He asked me to go with him at the cinema."

 

Taeyong got surprised which made him silent for awhile

 

"So what happened? Did you say yes?"

 

"No."

 

"What the heck? Why didn't you say yes? Johnny, that's already Taeil asking you to watch a movie with him."

 

"Because you asked me first to go to the arcade after our practice."

 

Johnny heard Taeyong sighed in frustration

 

"You could've say yes to him and explain it to me later. I would definitely understand it you idiot."

 

Johnny's still confused why Taeyong really sound mad at him. Like what did he do wrong?

 

"But you asked me first."

 

"But it's Taeil, Johnny. He's asking you to watch a movie with him. Why did you turn it down?"

 

Johnny rolled his eyes. "Because you asked me first to hangout with you?" He's literally confused why Taeyong's being like that.

 

"But Johnny. It's not that everyday he will ask you to watch a movie with him. Can you imagine? He made an effort early in the morning just to ask you if you want to watch a movie with him,"

 

"You asked me early in the morning also."

 

"But he asked you personally." Taeyong said as he sighed.

 

"Uhh? Why are we arguing again? I mean, we shouldn't argue about this... i'm confused." 

 

Johnny don't know why Taeyong keep on telling him to say yes to Taeil. I mean, isn't he the one who want to hangout with him? And now Taeyong want him to go with Taeil...

 

"My point is that Taeil rarely ask you to go somewhere, you know. This is actually the first time right? Why did you turn it down? Besides of the reason I asked you to hangout with me?"

 

Johnny sighed "It's because he's just guilty of what happened during the party. You know I understand that we don't feel the same but he don't need to push himself just to please me."

 

"Why are you thinking like that, Johnny?"

 

"Because I don't want myself to believe that Taeil feel the same way how I feel about him. I don't want to assume things because I might hurt again. I don't want that to happen."

 

"What if he likes you?"

 

"What if."

 

"Maybe he haven't realized it yet"

 

"Maybe."

 

Taeyong sighed again "Why are you being so hard headed, Johnny?"

 

"I just don't want to get hurt again. That's why I want to control my feelings."

 

"Johnny, you can't control your feelings when it comes to love. You'll definitely get hurt but that's part of love."

 

Johnny didn't respond for awhile because he knew Taeyong was right.

 

"Being in love is not just always happiness, Johnny. I know you know that well. And I hope you'll gave him a chance. We'll never know what he really feel about you."

 

Johnny just sighed. Again he didn't respond and he just listen to Taeyong.

 

"Do you understand what I'm saying, Johnny? You know Taeil for years and I know your feelings for him will not fade that easily so just gave him a chance. He might feel the same way towards you."

 

He sighed.

 

"I understand, Taeyong. I just want to be cautious you know... because I really don't want him to push himself to me just because of what happened." Johnny explained.

 

"I understand you, Johnny. But the bottomline is you should say yes to his offer. You're just hurting yourself every time you control yourself. Just let it be. Okay?"

 

Johnny nodded as if Taeyong can see him "I'll remember that."

 

"But... if you really think there's not even a  single chance then I think you should stop and just be friends with him."

 

Johnny sighed. "I understand."

 

"Alright, so I'll see you later at practice. Make sure you tell Taeil you're accepting his offer. Okay?"

 

"Yeah yeah. Got it."

 

And then he ended the call.

 

That call was kinda confusing but Taeyong really helped him a little bit. 

 

Johnny sighed.

 

Why do love got to be this complicated? He just want to be in love but why is it when you're in love, you sometimes need to get hurt also?

 

Johnny sighed again as he shook his head. He shouldn't be thinking about that now because he should be thinking about their practice so after he wash the dishes he went to his bedroom to watch their new choreography.

 

It took him a couple of hours in watching the new choreography so that somehow he already knew the other steps they'll practice later. So right now, he's preparing his lunch. It's already past 12 in the afternoon and it's time for him to eat.

 

He decided to eat Kimbap and Ramyun since he really don't have enough time to do any other dishes but after eating there's still few kimbap that was left that's why he decided to bring it to the practice room and maybe some of the members want it.

 

1:30PM he arrived at their practice room and the other members is still not there...only Taeil.

 

"Oh, you're early huh." Johnny said as soon as he saw Taeil.

 

He smiled at him "Yeah. I have nothing else to do so I went here early."

 

Johnny nodded "Oh. I see." and then he went to the sofa "Oh by the way, I got some kimbap. You want some?"

 

Taeil smiled and said "Of course. I want it." so Taeil went to the sofa and sit beside him. "Did you make this?"

 

"Yeah. Is it delicious?"

 

"Everything you cook is delicious." Taeil said but still kinda feels shy because of the compliment he just said.

 

Johnny just  shrugged "Stop it. I might believe you."

 

Taeil rolled his eyes "But it is really delicious."

 

Johnny just smiled "Okay. That's what you said then I believe you."

 

Suddenly they heard someone cleared his throat.

 

It's Ten.

 

"So... what's happening here?"

 

"Eating. Are you blind?" Johnny said and that made Ten laughed.

 

"Tss. You're acting like that because I ruined your moment?" Ten said before smiling mischievously.

 

Johnny rolled his eyes and said "Shut up. I know you just want to eat kimbap too. You can get one if you want." 

 

Ten just smiled "Nah. Taeil can have it all. I know you made it only for him."

 

"You know what, Ten? You're annoying."

 

Ten just laughed "And you're guilty."

 

"Shut up."

 

And then Ten just went to the other side of the practice room so that they can have time together.

 

Johnny scanned Taeil as he eat the kimbap. He looks happy while eating and he's glad Taeil's enjoying the Kimbap he made. Actually he didn't expect Taeil would be the first one who'll arrived at the practice room since it's usually Taeyong who arrived first but somehow he's happy since Taeil got to try his own version of Kimbap.

 

"You know what, you should make Kimbap often. This is really delicious." Taeil said as he finish the last piece of Kimbap.

 

Johnny shook his head and said "Stop complementing me already. I know it's really delicious."

 

Taeil laughed "And now you're boasting around."

 

Johnny smiled "You gave me the confidence."

 

"Whatever." Taeil said as he rolled his eyes which made Johnny giggled.

 

They remain silent but Johnny's the one who started talking again.

 

"Uhh, Taeil? Do you still want to go to the cinema later?" Johnny asked and Taeil was shocked when he heard Johnny's question.

 

"I want to but I don't want to come there alone." Taeil shrugged as he said his response.

 

"Why don't you ask Ten to come with you? I'm sure he'll come." 

 

"I want to watch the movie with you, Johnny." Taeil casually said. He didn't even hesitate and he just said it right away.

 

Johnny didn't expect that answer at all but he's kinda happy Taeil wants to watch the movie with him only.

 

"Then, let's go after our practice." Johnny said as he smile at Taeil.

 

Of course he's shocked. Johnny said No when he asked him to watch a movie with him and now he wanted to come with him.

 

"A-are you sure?"

 

Johnny nodded "Yeah."

 

"But I thought Taeyong wants to hangout with you at the arcade?"

 

"He said that I should go with you today and he said it's alright with him."

 

Taeil pouted his lips before rolling his eyes "Tss. Just because Taeyong said that you should come with me..."

 

Johnny laughed "Hey, stop sulking. I really want to come okay I just need a confirmation from Taeyong."

 

"Fine. But I'm really happy that you are coming with me later."

 

"I can see that in your eyes." Johnny said. Taeil's eyes have been sparkling ever since he told him that he will watch a movie with him. He seems very happy.

 

So after their small talk some of the other members arrived at the practice room and when the clock strikes at 2 o'clock in the afternoon they started practicing again.

 

Their practice lasted for five hours. It's already seven in the evening and that's a warp for their practice session.

 

Johnny went to Taeil as soon as their practice ended.

 

"So, let's go?"

 

Taeil was shocked "You mean right now? With this outfit?"

 

They're actually wearing their practice outfit and somehow they're sweating because they just finished practicing their new choreography.

 

Johnny nodded "Yeah."

 

"No. I don't look good with this outfit. I'm sweating and I don't smell good right now."

 

Johnny come closer to him and sniffed him "You smell good actually."

 

Taeil felt his face heat up that's why he smack Johnny's chest and said "Johnny!"

 

He giggled and said "I'm just kidding. I don't want you to get sick so yeah. I'll just wait for you outside our dorm."

 

Taeil nodded and said "You should change yours too! You might get sick also."

 

Johnny smiled "Yes, sir."

 

So both of them went to their room and changed their outfit but Johnny was the first one who arrived outside of their dorm and he waited for Taeil. After a couple of minutes Taeil was there and they started walking.

 

The cinema is not that far from their dorm. It's really accessible that's why they really love their dorm because almost all of the things they need or places they want to go is just nearby.

 

10 minutes have passed and they arrived at the cinema. Johnny didn't expect there would be a lot of people at the cinema on that day. It's just unexpected for him.

 

"This is quite unexpected for me. Why is it there's a lot of people in the cinema during weekdays?" Johnny asked Taeil.

 

"Today's the last showing of the horror movie we'll watch."

 

"That's why you want me to come with you." Johnny said as he pout his lips. 

 

Taeil nodded.

 

Johnny pinched Taeil's nose and said "You should've said that to me earlier. I will say yes immediately you know."

 

"I guess I'm shy... since Taeyong want to hangout with you and he asked you first..."

 

"But I ended up coming with you."

 

Taeil just smiled.

 

"Oh, should we buy the tickets now?" Johnny asked.

 

Taeil scratches his head and said "I already bought tickets for us."

 

"Oh, I see. I'll just buy something to eat. Stay here okay?" Johnny said but Taeil stopped him.

 

"No. I'll buy some snacks." 

 

"But you already bought our movie tickets. I'll buy our snacks." Johnny insisted.

 

"But I was the one who asked you to watch at the cinema..."

 

Johnny just smiled and pat Taeil's hand "It's okay. The snacks is all on me."

 

Taeil just stay there while Johnny went to the snacks corner of the cinema and bought popcorn, cola and pizza. After a couple of minutes he went back and told Taeil that they need to get inside the cinema since the movie was about to start.

 

When they're already inside the cinema they saw their seats immediately and talked for awhile.

 

"I still can't believe you want to watch a horror movie with me." Johnny said as he shook his head

 

"I would love to watch any movie with you, Johnny." Taeil commented that made Johnny's heart flutter.

 

"Should we watch a romance movie next time?"

 

"Sure." Taeil said as he smiles.

 

After the small talk the movie started. The whole room was filled with screams and people crying. 

 

As for Taeil he kept on clinging on Johnny's arms. The movie was really scary but Johnny can't focus because of Taeil. His heartbeat is racing so fast not because of the movie but because of Taeil.

 

He knew this would happen but he kinda like it. Taeil is not like that everyday and he really want to cherish that moment.

 

He just hope Taeil feel the same way he feels towards him because he really don't want anyone else except Taeil.

 

 After one and a half hour, the movie ended and Taeil kept on bragging how much he got scared and Johnny doesn't look scared at all throughout the movie. 

 

"Why didn't you get scared? That's unfair!"

 

Johnny just smiled that's why Taeil smacked his chest "Stop smiling. I really got scared!"

 

"I know and because of that we should watch another horror movie next time..." Johnny teased Taeil because he's actually blushing.

 

"No thank you."

 

Johnny just giggled.

 

After that they ate dinner at the restaurant near their dorm before they actually decided to go home.

 

It's 10PM when they arrived at the dorm.

 

"Thank you for today, Taeil. I really appreciate it." Johnny said.

 

Taeil smiled "Thank you also for coming with me."

 

Johnny sighed. "Uhh Taeil... You know how much I appreciate everything you do but please don't push yourself,"

 

Taeil was confused. What was he talking about?

 

"If you don't feel anything about me please stop doing this kind of stuff. I don't want to assume that you like me when you're not."

 

"But I really just want to watch the movie with you." 

 

"And why do you want to watch a movie with me?"

 

"Because I want to."

 

"And why do you want it to be me?"

 

"I don't know."

 

Johnny sighed again "See? You don't know. Taeil, I really like you and seeing you do things like this for me means a lot... but it hurts me because I kept on assuming things... If you only see me as your best friend please don't act like you feel the same way I feel about you."

 

Taeil looked down. Why does it hurts? He felt there's a pang on his chest.

 

Johnny hold up Taeil's chin so that he can look at him "Taeil, just tell me honestly. Do you like me too?"

 

"I-I don't know..."

 

Johnny just shook his head "Please Taeil. Stop messing up with my feelings."

 

"I am not..."

 

Johnny just nodded "I'm sorry. I think I'm just tired. I'll go ahead first. Thank you again."

 

---

 

Another update. Thank you everyone for reading this story. I really appreciate it a lot. 

 

Btw, I have a question since I might do another NCT fan fiction after this.

 

Ten x Taeyong or Winwin x Yuta?

 

Have a nice day!

 

-BYEpjulienne