W - Competition

Wasted

Wasted | Five

COMPETITION

"Whoa, what happened? Why are you so happy today, Taeil? Johnny?" Ten's examining the both of them. They're already preparing for their competition and was about to leave the dorm but Ten noticed the smile on Taeil and Johnny's face.

"Is there something wrong from being happy?" Taeil casually said before reaching out his bag at the table.

"It's just not the usual thing that happen between you two." Ten said still eyeing the both of them.

Johnny just laughed "You're overreacting, Ten."

"I am not!" Ten said while pouting his lips. What's wrong with his attitude? He's just not used to it. "Did something happened last night?"

Taeil just looked at Johnny and they both smiled. Ten's really confused. "Are you two dating each other?"

"I wish." Johnny joked but he's really hoping one day they will.

Taeil punched Johnny's chest and said "That will not happen."

"What if, it will?" Johnny said while smiling and wiggling his eyebrows.

Taeil just rolled his eyes.

Ten's just hella confused because of the both of them "You two are so weird. Whatever, just update me when you two are dating just like Winwin and Yuta."

"Like you and Taeyong." They both said and no, they didn't expect that they will be in sync at that moment.

"You two must've been together so much and that happen. it. Just date already!" Ten shook his head before getting inside the van.

They just laughed together.

After a few minutes they went inside the van. Taeil went in first and seat on the left side of the van while Johnny seat beside him.

Ten suddenly cleared his throat and said "You two are weird today. Usually Johnny's at the back and now you're seating beside Taeil. Tell me honestly, are you two dating?"

Taeil just laughed "Ten, that won't happen. Besides, he just want to seat beside me. I think there's nothing wrong with that."

Ten was shocked "Nothing?! Taeil, did you know that Johnny li—"

"Aye, sweetie, can you please seat beside me? I'm kinda jealous to see Winwin and Yuta seating together and now Taeil and Johnny..." Taeyong suddenly blurted out. Johnny was thankful that Taeyong stopped Ten. He was really nervous Taeil will know what he feel towards him and he's just afraid to see Taeil's reaction. He's not ready to confessed his feelings for him.

Ten just sighed "Okay..."

Taeil just shook his head "Ten's not used to this."

To be honest, Johnny and Taeil are childhood friends but they're not really that close before well not until they knew about their passion for singing and dancing. They got close to each other during their teenager days but as soon as they turned 21, they're just casual to each other... you know they support each other but they know the limits... but yesterday changed that. Somehow they got more close to each other and they're happy that happened.

"You're in a good mood," Johnny blurted out "I told you... going to the arcade will definitely make you happy." Right now, Johnny's happy because Taeil is happy and as long as he can see him smiling he's happy about it.

"I owe a lot to you, Johnny. Don't worry I'll treat you next time." Taeil casually said "And oh, you also owe me a story to tell."

Johnny's kinda confused "Story?"

Taeil sighed "I know you'll forgot about it... it's about the one who made you cry. You haven't told me about this person yet."

"Is it really important for you to know who is it?" Johnny said sounding worried because he don't want Taeil to feel bad about it though. Because you know, Taeil is the one who made him cry but Taeil doesn't know it.

"Of course it is! You know why I cried in the last few days and I haven't know yours, that's unfair!" Taeil's sulking "You should tell it to me soon or is it too private?"

Johnny's hesitating to answer his question that's why Taeil's sighed.

"I get it. It's too private. I respect that."

Johnny just smiled. "Thanks for understanding."

"Nah, it's okay. I don't want to push you on something that's really hard to tell." Taeil said before looking at Winwin and Yuta's place.

He just smiled at them. Taeil can see how different it is when Winwin is with Yuta. Winwin doesn't really like skinships but when he's with Yuta he really can't resist the skinships that Yuta's initiating

Actually Winwin's sleeping on Yuta's shoulder and while he's looking at the both of them suddenly his vision become black. Of course it will since Johnny placed his hand on Taeil's eyes.

"Don't tell me you're going to cry again?" Johnny blurted out.

Taeil removed Johnny's hand on his eyes and looked at him "I will not cry. I'm just you know... happy for him."

It's true though. He's happy for Winwin but he can't hide the fact that somehow he's still hurt of what happened but what else can he do? He'll just support his friend about his love life so be it.

Johnny sighed as he looked at Taeil "Are you really happy?"

Taeil didin't respond that's why Johnny nodded "Don't answer it. Just listen to this song."

Johnny plugged in his earphone to his phone and gave the left earphone to Taeil. He picked the song that he likes at the moment. It's a song called 'Silence' by the band named Before You Exit.

As soon as the song started both of them didn't speak up. They just listen to the song.

"Waiting...Know that I'll always be waiting...Do you believe what I'm saying? I'm in no hurry" Johnny sing along with the song but Taeil felt something while Johnny's singing that part so he just cleared his throat.

"It's a nice song huh." Taeil commented. "This is the first time I listen to this band."

Johnny just smiled  "Yeah. It's a nice song with a nice meaning also."

Taeil agreed "uhh, here you go..." He said as he remove the earphone on his ear but Johnny stopped him and said "You can borrow my phone in case you still want to listen to music?"

So he nodded that's why Johnny get his phone and clicked a playlist named 'Moon Taeil ^^' before giving it to Taeil

"Why do I have a playlist named after me on your phone?" He suddenly asked Johnny. He didn't expect that there would be a playlist named after him on Johnny's phone.

Johnny just smiled and said "Just in case you borrow my phone and listen to music..."

Taeil chuckled "Oh really? You planned this beforehand don't you?"

"I didn't. It's just there. I made that playlist two years ago." Johnny said before closing his eyes and crossed his arms "Don't be overwhelmed, Taeil."

That's when Taeil hit Johnny's arm and said "I am not! I'm just surprised."

Actually Taeil's feeling got moved by that. Somehow he felt really special.

Johnny chuckled "You sounded like you're having butterflies in your stomach."

Taeil just rolled his eyes and said "Ha, you wish!"

Johnny just chuckled before telling Taeil that he'll take a nap for awhile and Taeil just nodded and focused on listening to the song that was on the playlist. Truth be told, he likes all of the songs that was included on the playlist. He didn't know Johnny know his music type so well.

It took them almost an hour before they arrived at the event's place. Well, as usual there's a lot of people waiting outside the venue for the competition to start. There's a lot of fans and supporters waiting in line before the actual event starts. It's still early in the morning and the gate will be open around 10am and the actual event will start at 1pm.

Also on that day Jaehyun was the one who's in charge of driving so as soon as they arrived on the place they went to the parking area to park their van. Luckily, there's a car that was about to leave and Jaehyun waited for the car to move and parked the van.

"Alright! This is the D-Day!," Taeyong gathered s as soon as they get out of the van "Give your very best. Fighting!" They huddle before entering the backstage's venue.

"Lezz get it!"

"Wooooh"

It's already quarter to one when the organizer told them that they should get ready because the competition will start in a few minutes.

They joined two contest on that event. First is a group choreography that all of them will participate and will perform Regular and the second one is duo which only Taeyong and Ten will perform Baby Don't Stop.

Though they're just a normal performers who joins competitions and went to different gathering, events and party to perform they already have a lot of fans and supporters since their group started when they're in high school and now performing to different kinds of events, competition and gathering is their work. They live together in one dorm so that it will not be hard for them to gather every member for a practice. They also have a rules that they should follow and everyone is required to follow it.

At first, Taeyong have this rule "No dating within the group members" since he doesn't want to have any conflict within the group that deals with this so-called love but he was the one who broke it when he fell in love with Ten. It was unexpected but all of the members are happy for them and now Yuta and Winwin is the second couple that was recently dating. So after Taeyong broke the rule it's no longer included in the rules that they should follow.

Right now, Taeil is just sitting casually at the sofa. They're inside the waiting room. Some of the members are reviewing the choreography while Taeil's just sitting at the sofa... He's kinda nervous though.

A few minutes he was shocked when something cold touched his cheeks. He looked at the person who did that and it was Johnny. He's holding a canned cola and give the other one to him. "Are you nervous?"

"Kinda nervous..."

"Don't be. I know you'll slay it especially your part. We've been practicing so hard for this and I know everything will be worth it. Don't overthink, okay?" Johnny just want Taeil to feel better because if nervousness will take over his system then that will be hard considering that they're the first performer on that event.

Taeil smiled and he nodded before drinking the cola Johnny gave "Thanks. I feel a lot better now."

Johnny smiled "That's good."

Minutes have passed and it's now 1:30pm when the actual event started. They're now getting ready to perform and as their name called by the emcee they huddle before proceeding to the stage.

As soon as their group name was called many of their supporters cheered for them and somehow it made their nervousness li-low a little bit. Just hearing them cheer for them makes them happy.

When their performance ended, all of them was so happy because they received a standing ovation from some of the judges. Now it's only the duo performance that they have to worry.

So when they're back at the waiting room they already ate their lunch and it is also their breakfast since they haven't eat anything before they left the dorm. Well... actually they drink some coffee before leaving but it's just that so their lunch is sort of kinda their breakfast also.

"Oh gosh! Taeil's food is really delicious! No wonder one of us is really in love with him!" Suddenly Jaehyun commented since it was Taeil who cooked their food for that day. Some of the members just laughed while Johnny just kept his cool so that Taeil will not be suspicious of him.

"One? It's actually two!" Doyoung suddenly said before wiggling his eyebrows to Jungwoo. That made Jungwoo blush.

The other members noticed it that's why they joked Jungwoo "Oh really, Jungwoo? You like Taeil too?" Ten said before looking at Johnny "Are you sure about it?"

Taeil's just laughing around because he's not quite sure if they're just making fun of Jungwoo or if it's true but it's not a big deal for him since they got really close while practicing for that event.

"I just uhm... Taeil's just cute." Jungwoo said and that made everyone be in sync of making fun of him. Taeil also pushed Jungwoo a little bit as a joke since they're in one sofa.

Actually Jungwoo just admire Taeil and he likes his personality but he doesn't have a plan of courting him or what since he know Johnny like him.

"Oh no. Someone's jealous!" Ten said but he didn't gazed at Johnny.

Johnny's just laughing around but yeah he's kinda jealous since Jungwoo is beside Taeil and they looked so happy.

"Don't worry to whoever is jealous, Me and Taeil are just friends." Jungwoo said that made everyone laughed.

Actually everyone knows how Johnny really feels about Taeil. It's just Taeil who seems to not realized it yet.

After they ate their lunch they rested for a while.

It's already 3pm when Taeyong and Ten performed for the duo category. Many supporters cheered for them and they're happy that they performed well.

Time have passed and it's now 5pm, the emcee announced the winners and they're happy that they won both of the category that they're in. All of their hard work has paid off because they won.

"I can smell a victory party is coming!" Yuta shouted and all of the members screamed and was just happy about the results.

"Alright! It's on me today. Victory party it is!" Taeyong said which made everyone happy.

---

Here's another chapter. Thanks everyone for continue reading this fic. I really appreciate it. So yeah, have a nice day everyone! Enjoy the update.

-BYEpjulienne