W - Flashback 2: High School

Wasted

Wasted | Twelve

Flashback 2: High School

Note: The flashback is written in italic and the present is written in normal font.

Third year high school

It's actually Saturday and they have practice from 7am to 3pm. Johnny's a member of their school dance troupe along with his best friend Taeil.

But since their practice starts at 7:30am he decided to went to the music room because Taeil usually stay there before their dance practice starts.

"Hey," Johnny said as soon as he saw Taeil at the music room playing piano. "You know we have practice today right?"

Taeil stopped for awhile and looked at him "Yeah. But our practice usually starts at 7:30am that's why I'm here."

This is actually the first time Johnny went to see him play piano before their practice... I mean he would only peak from the outside of the music room but today he decided to go inside and see how he play piano.

"Yeah right. You do this every Saturday?" Johnny asked curiously. I mean he already know the answer but he just want to ask him.

"Yup. I guess it's part of my routine now." Taeil said as he smile and then proceed on playing the piano again.

Johnny stayed silent for awhile. It's his first time to see Taeil play piano that close and to be honest he's mesmerized with his piano skills. The way Taeil was so into it and he really feel the instrument he's playing makes him feel soft. And what the hell? His heartbeat is racing up for real.

Does he really like his best friend?

"You're so talented, Taeil. You also play the guitar right?" Johnny casually said once Taeil stopped playing piano to look at him.

Taeil felt his cheeks become red but he just shrugged "I'm not that good. It's just a hobby I guess. But yeah... I also play the guitar."

Johnny nodded "I knew it. A guy like you would probably be good in instruments."

He shook his head "Not really. Uhm. I don't really know but I really think it's just a hobby... you play the piano too right?"

Johnny smiled as he nodded "Y-yeah. How did you know that?"

He just laughed and proceed on playing the piano again "Your mom told me."

"Oh shoot. She really likes to tell stories about me especially to you." Johnny said as he scratches the back of his head. He's just nervous... what if his mom told Taeil that he likes him?

I mean... Johnny always tell his mom about Taeil and actually his mom thinks Johnny likes Taeil but Johnny wasn't sure if he really do like him or not but after seeing Taeil today played the piano and how it affects him so much... maybe his mother is right...

He likes Taeil.

"Well, I'm your best friend and I deserve to know things about you." Taeil said before tapping his seat "Why are you still standing though? Sit beside me."

Johnny was stunned. Actually the more he talk to Taeil, the more his heartbeat is racing fast as if he's running in a marathon.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. Let's play the piano together."

Johnny was amateur when it comes to playing piano and he knew Taeil is really good in playing the piano so he was tensed.

"Why are you to tensed? We will play the piano together. No need to feel tensed, Johnny." Taeil chuckled as Johnny sit beside him.

"You know I'm not that good in playing piano, right?"

Taeil just rolled his eyes "Psh. You are good! Don't compare yourself to me, Mr. Seo. The two of us are different."

Johnny just smiled but deep inside the one Taeil just said made an impact on him especially the 'two of us are different' thing. Sounds like double meaning for him.

"Okay. Then... I'll try. So, let's do it?" Johnny asked him and then Taeil just nodded.

For awhile they talked about the same song they'll play and then they decided to play the song A Thousand Years.

When they started playing the piano, Johnny can really feel something inside him. Maybe he's just not used to that feeling and that made him more nervous.

In the middle of the song, Johnny didn't expect Taeil would sing the song and because of that the sensation he was feeling become stronger.

He can't stop himself from looking to Taeil's direction who's really immersed in playing the piano. Johnny can feel his heartbeat racing too fast. And because of that he got distracted and stopped playing the piano. It's a good thing his watch alarmed also, it's a sign that it's already 7:30am.

"Why did you stopped playing the piano?" Taeil asked him while pouting his lips. He really got carried away and didn't really realized that it's already 7:30am.

"My watch alarmed. It's already time for our practice." Johnny commented. Good thing his watch alarmed perfect in time because if not he really don't know what he'll say as an alibi.

Taeil's eyes widen upon hearing his answer "Oh god. We should go back to the practice room."

Johnny nodded and guided the way to the practice room.

"It's actually the first time I saw you play the piano. I'm impressed, Mr. Seo." Taeil said as they walk towards the practice room.

"And it's such an honor to play the piano with you, Mr. Moon." said Johnny as he assisted Taeil to the practice room.

"Let's do that often. I enjoyed playing the piano with you." Taeil said and he smiled at him.

Johnny felt his heart melt upon hearing what Taeil just said.

"S-sure! I would love that!" Johnny stuttered because he didn't really expect Taeil would say that.

"Great. Well then we'll see each other every Saturday before practice." Taeil said before greeting the other members.

So... they'll see each other everyday now... well except Sunday.

Actually they're in a different class but because of club meeting they always see each other after class and now every practice also.

This year is really the year they got more close to each other and he's not gonna complain because he admit it, becoming Taeil's best friend is one of the happiest thing that happened in his life.

Yes, they've been childhood friends but they got more close to each other now that they're in high school and one reason is they're in the same school.

And Johnny hate to admit it but this is also the year his feelings for Taeil got more clearer but he doesn't have any plans of telling it to him because he don't want to ruin their friendship.

Right now if he'll choose one thing whether Friendship or Relationship, he'll surely choose friendship.

"Hey, Johnny! Focus." Taeyong said to caught his attention. They're actually practicing but his mind is flying and he's not thinking about their practice.

"I'm sorry." He said and then he acted the last position he did before getting scold.

He's actually thinking about Taeil.

This is not right.

After their piano session, his mind is full of Taeil.

He sighed. Okay. Time to focus and that's what he did.

Practice ended quite fast today. It's still 2pm but their choreographer ended their practice earlier because he have some errands to do on that day.

Speaking of errands, he almost forgot that his mom want him to invite Taeil to come with them since they'll go to the shopping mall at 5pm.

"Johnny!" Taeil uttered as soon as he reached him. "Wanna eat somewhere? I'm hungry."

"Sure! But you should come with me after, okay?" Johnny said; smiling widely at him.

"Why would I come with you after eating? I'm going home, idiot." Taeil just shook his head; waiting for Johnny to follow him and go to the nearest fast food chain in their school premises.

Johnny just laughed "Hey, it's my mom who want to invite you to come with us!"

Taeil suddenly covered his mouth because he's really shocked "Okay fine. I'll come with you. I kinda miss your mom's stories also."

Johnny just raised an eyebrow to him and sounding like teasing Taeil "Or maybe you miss the character of her stories?"  

Taeil just rolled his eyes "Why would I miss you? I can see you everyday and sometimes it's tiring already." he joked.

Johnny just grin "If I know you want to hangout with me even after school hours."

Taeil rolled his eyes again "Whatever. Let's just eat."

"Sure!" said Johnny as he chuckled and Taeil just smack his arms.

It took them five minutes before they arrived in the fast food chain. Taeil was the one who ordered two spicy ramyeon.

"Hey, Johnny." Taeil said after eating the first bite of ramyeon on his bowl. "Why did your mom invited me to go with you at the shopping mall?"

Johnny smirk because of Taeil's curiousness "Actually my mom want to buy something for dad before she went home to Chicago and she want me to have someone to talk to or to shop with while she's buying something for dad."

Taeil nodded "So do you have something in mind that we should do while we wait for your mom?"

"I'm honestly thinking about ice skating to be honest."

"I'm down for it!"

Johnny smiled as if there's no tomorrow and said "That's great!"

After that small talk, they just eat together calmly and then they went to the locker room to change their outfit.

•••

"Oh hey Taeil! It's nice to see you again." Johnny's mom greeted him as soon as they arrived at the shopping mall.

Taeil smiled also and said "It's nice to see you too, auntie. I hope you enjoy your stay here."

Johnny's mom nodded "Yeah, I did. So now it's time for the both of you to enjoy this day. I'll leave you for awhile and then let's meet again at 8pm."

Both of them nodded and then went straight to the ice skating rink area. Actually Taeil never tried ice skating before and he's kinda nervous now that they're skating together especially he knew Johnny tried it before.

"Johnny, do you realize that this is my first time to try ice skating right?" Taeil said as he wear the ice skating shoes. He's really nervous that he won't be able to enjoy skating at the rink since he doesn't know how to ice skate.

"Yeah, I do. But don't worry I'll guide you just like how you guided me earlier when we played piano." Johnny casually said.

When they finished wearing the skating shoes, Johnny hold Taeil's hand to help him with his balance "Don't be nervous, Taeil. I'll make sure you won't get hurt while we skate but if you do... I'll be there to help you." he said as he smiled at him to assure he'll be there for him.

"Thanks, Johnny." Taeil said before he finally enter the rink.

Like what Johnny said, he guided him and didn't left him alone at the rink. First, Johnny teach him with his balance and to tight his grip in the handrails before the actual skating session.

"Okay, Taeil. You're doing good. After this you should bend your knees when you skate okay?" Johnny said but Taeil still look nervous "Don't worry I'll help you with it. Okay?"

Taeil sighed and then he nodded feeling relieved that Johnny is there for him "Okay then here goes nothing..." he said as he try skating and applied everything Johnny said.

"Wow, Taeil! You're doing great!" Johnny said as he catch up with Taeil "Okay so... don't skate too fast." he reminded because he's scared something bad might happen to him.

"Got it." Taeil said as he keep on skating and Johnny's behind him.

Johnny continued watching Taeil skate his heart out he decided to come closer to him and hold his hand. Now they're skating in sync.

"Your hand is cold." Johnny commented as he squeezed Taeil's hand

"Of course it is! It's already Winter and we're ice skating." Taeil said as he giggles and Johnny just laugh.

"But it's fun." said Johnny and Taeil nodded as his sign of agreement

"You know Johnny this is such a good date for couples." Taeil said as he glanced at Johnny.

For a moment Taeil felt something when he did that but he just shrugged it off.

"Not just for couples... for best friends too." Johnny said and he catch Taeil's looking at him that's why they smiled at each other.

Every time Taeil smiles Johnny felt his heart melts. His heartbeat is acting really weird and his stomach is filled with tingly feeling.

Yeah. He really like Taeil.

"Hmm yeah. Let's treasure this moment."

•••

"You totally felt something that specific day for me?" Taeil asked Johnny.

They're still at the stargazing room of the museum but this time they're already standing up while holding each other's hands still amazed with the beauty of the stars.

Johnny stared at Taeil for awhile "That's when I realized that I already like you."

Taeil was flattered with Johnny's answer and to be honest he think there's already butterflies in his stomach. Even though he was still looking at the stars he can feel that Johnny's looking at him.

"Taeil?" Johnny called him and that caught Taeil's attention.

"Hmm?" said Taeil as he smiles while staring at him.

Johnny cupped his face as he smiles back at him "Nothing..."

With that Taeil felt his face become red that's why he just hug Johnny and burry his face into Johnny's chest but that's probably his worst decision because his heartbeat raced up again since Johnny hug big back.

Johnny kept on smiling because of how Taeil reacted but he's also feeling nervous because of his feelings for Taeil that are clearly growing stronger than ever.

"I wish I could hug you like this everyday." Taeil commented and truth be told he can feel Johnny's heartbeat and it's really fast... just like his.

He felt Johnny kissed his head and said "You know...you can hug me every time you want, Taeil." then Johnny hug him tight and for him it's the sweetest thing ever.

They stay silent for a couple of minutes and just enjoy their company while they hug.

Johnny just caress Taeil's back and as for Taeil he just hug Johnny as tight as he can because he knew after that night things might be back to what it is before...

"Taeil..." Johnny suddenly uttered and Taeil looked at him. He cupped Taeil's face and just stare at him. "You really look beautiful today."

Taeil's face blush again that's why he pouted his lips "R-really?"

Johnny nodded as he pinched Taeil's cheeks "All these bright stars..." he said and looked up for a moment before looking back at Taeil "...but still you're the brightest glowing moon ever"

Taeil just tap Johnny's shoulder and that made Johnny laugh "I am serious, Taeil."

"I know you are."

Johnny just stared at him. This is the first time he's that close to Taeil.

"Taeil?"

"Hmm?"

"Can you be my boyfriend?"

"You're not even courting me yet, Youngho!" Taeil whined as he pout his lips.

"Does courting you everyday counts?" Johnny said as he pinched Taeil's nose.

Taeil just smiled as he nodded "Yes. It does." and to be honest Johnny didn't expect Taeil will say that that's why he hugged Taeil as tight as he can.

The last thing Johnny did was he kissed Taeil on his forehead.

•••

Oh gosh! Sorry for posting this toooo late but I hope you'll enjoy this chapter.

By the way, did you watched the vlive at Thailand? So cute to see Taeten and Johnil moments there. :)))

Have a nice day, ya'll.

-BYEpjulienne