W - Flashback 1: College

Wasted

Wasted | Eleven

Flashback 1: College

Note: The flashback is written in italic and the present is written in normal font.

Third Year College.

It's actually lunch time when Taeil finally decided to ask Johnny to eat with him for that day. Johnny's been his best friend ever since they're young it is also because they're childhood friends but they got more close during their teenage days.

Right now Taeil's walking in the hallway and looking for Johnny. He really want to eat lunch with him but he is currently nowhere to be found.

As he was walking in the third floor of the music building he bumped into Sicheng who's seems to be just finished practicing in the dance room.

"Taeil? You look worn out." Sicheng commented. He kept on starting at him since he really don't look good at this point of time. He can see the heavy breathing of Taeil. Sicheng's speculation is that he went all the way from 6th floor to 3rd floor and looks like he's looking for someone.

"I am looking for... Johnny." Taeil said as he scratches back of his head "I can't find him... Did you perhaps saw him?" then he sighed.

Sicheng was not even talking after he asked that question and it's not helping him at all.

"Sich--"

"You know if Johnny wasn't your best friend, I would definitely say you like him." Sicheng said, still looking at Taeil.. well let's say he's analyzing Taeil's expression would be after of what he just said.

"What are you talking abo--"

"I mean, if you're looking for him you could just text him you know?," Sicheng said while laughing a little "What's the use of your mobile phone if you'll not use it? I'm sure you have his number,"

Taeil felt dumb for awhile when he heard what Sicheng just told him but he remain calm and continue listening to him.

"I mean, look at you now, Taeil? You really look worn out. You should've just texted him or call him if you're looking for him... but you decided to find him in this BIG campus?," Sicheng asked him again and he was about to defend hinself but it seems like he still have a lot of things to say so he stay silent.

"You're not even flustered when you see me in the hallway and you're not with your usual self too, Taeil... I'm not bragging but during our high school days when you saw me you're already nervous and blushing but now seems different," Sicheng explained. He know about Taeil's feeling for him for a long time and Taeil did not hide it from him. "Well... maybe you're slowly falling for Johnny now."

"You're talking nonsense, Sicheng. I-I don't like Johnny..." Taeil blurted out then he pouted his lips "I don't like him. He's just my best friend."

Sicheng laughs "You probably haven't realized it yet."

Taeil shook his head "No, Sicheng. I like you! It's you that I like!"

When Taeil realized what he just said he felt his cheeks burn and Sicheng did not expect it also and now his ears are burning red.

"Oh.. I didn't see that coming." Sicheng said as he avoid Taeil's gaze. "Okay, fine. But Taeil I already told you I'm still not ready for a relationship." plus I really only see you as my friend... well Sicheng wanted to add that but he don't want to hurt Taeil's feelings.

"I know that well..." Taeil said as he sighed.

Sicheng just nodded and patted Taeil's shoulder "I have to go now... and you know I think I saw Johnny at the practice room." he said while wiggling his eyebrows to Taeil before going to the other side of the building.

Taeil didn't know what to react. So Sicheng knows where Johnny was all along? Oh gosh, he's really embarrassed of what just happened. But what else can he do?

He sighed as he go downstairs. The practice room is located at the first floor of that building.

Taeil was nervous as he walk and he don't know why it's happening to him. Maybe he's just excited to eat lunch again with Johnny?

It took him 4 minutes before he reached the practice room as he was about to come closer he saw Johnny...

He saw Johnny talking to a beautiful lady and he seems to be happy... he's actually smiling and being goofy around her. They're outside the practice room to be exact.

He left out a long sigh.

"What the heck? Why am do I feel a pang on my chest?" He whispered to himself.

He continue looking at them and Johnny's attention was fully on the lady. They look so happy.

Taeil don't know why he kept on staring at them. Actually there's a lot of students in the hallway and that's probably one of the reason Johnny and that lady haven't realized that someone is looking at them.

After a couple of minutes Taeil just decided to leave when suddenly someone put their arm on his shoulder... and to his surprise it's actually Sicheng.

Dong Sicheng again.

"Are you jealous?" He .

" off, Sicheng. Why would I be jealous when I like you?" He asked and Sicheng just giggled.

"You kept on staring at them. No offense but you seem jealous to be honest." Sicheng said. Okay. Sicheng admit he really just want to tease Taeil and he kinda feel it's actually working.

Taeil elbowed the side of Sicheng and it made him clench a little bit "You kept on teasing me, Sicheng. Why are you like this?"

"Because... I just want to tease the one who has a crush on me." said Sicheng as he giggled and that made Taeil pout his lips.

"Ah really." Taeil said while he shake his head then he pinched Sicheng's side.

Sicheng just laughed. He's really enjoying Taeil's reaction.

"Okay. Then come on." Sicheng finally said as he hold Taeil's hand. Sicheng walk towards to the practice room to face Johnny and the lady while holding Taeil's hand. Truth be told, Taeil don't want to come closer for some reason but Sicheng's touch made him feel comfortable.

When they reached the practice room, Johnny saw them and his gaze went straight to their clasped hands.

"Hi Johnny! Hi Yoona!" Sicheng said as soon as they saw them together. He squeezes Taeil's hand to keep him more comfortable because he can feel the nervousness he was feeling.

The lady looked at Sicheng while smiling dashingly. She's beautiful and any man would probably fall for her "Hi, Sicheng. Is he your boyfriend?"

Sicheng just giggled and Taeil just smiled.

Johnny really can't believe what he's seeing right now. Johnny already told Sicheng that he likes Taeil but this happened. Did he missed something?

The lady's eyes widen when she saw their expression "So, you two are dating each other?"

Sicheng shook his head "Nah. We're just friends." he said as he put his arms on Taeil's shoulder this time.

"But you just... okay whatever. I get it." Yoona said as she giggled before looking at Taeil "I'm Yoona by the way." then she offer her hand for a handshake.

Taeil smiled "Taeil... Moon Taeil."

"Oh.. it's nice to finally meet you, Taeil." Yoona said as he shake her hands to Taeil before looking at Johnny. "So, he's your best friend."

Johnny nodded "Yeah. He's my best friend. Sicheng's just his friend." He literally emphasized the word 'my'

Sicheng giggled "But Taeil likes me so... i'm not just a friend for him." then he looked at Taeil which made him feel nervous more so Taeil elbowed Sicheng's side again.

Johnny smiled bitterly while Yoona felt like she need to say something so she talked again "Uhh. So, are you two here for practice?"

Sicheng shook his head "Actually... Taeil I believe has something to say."

At that moment, the attention of Johnny and Yoona is all on him. "I actually... uhm... want to invite you to join us for lunch?"

Yoona was about to say something but Johnny suddenly talked "I can't. I'm sorry. Enjoy your lunch with Sicheng, Taeil."

Yoona sighed "I have a lot of things to do also, Taeil. But if there's a next time then I would be happy to eat lunch with you guys."

Sicheng on the other hand left a long sigh and said "Ohh.. so... we'll go ahead first."

Johnny smiled bitterly which cause Sicheng to laugh while Yonna just told them her goodbye.

While Sicheng and Taeil left, Taeil still can't believe of what just happened.

When they reached the cafeteria, Sicheng is the one who ordered the food they'll eat.

"This is all on me, Taeil... It's because I kinda messed up your day today." Sicheng said as he put down the order on the table he got for himself and for Taeil. He ordered pizza, chicken and cola.

Taeil's face lighten up as soon as he saw the food on their table "You gotta be kidding me?"

Sicheng laughs "Yup. Your favorite foods. Go ahead and eat."

Taeil just nodded. Actually it's not the first time Sicheng treat him something but for some reason he's really happy that Sicheng treat him those foods and he's actually craving pizza and chicken.

While they're eating, Taeil just focused on his food while Sicheng kept on looking at him "Why are you looking at me like that, Dong Sicheng?"

"You're just cute, Moon Taeil. You look like a child who got his favorite toy... But hey I'm glad you're enjoying your food." Sicheng said as he smiles heavenly to him.

Taeil just nodded; he kinda felt his cheeks are burning in red also "I should've just asked you to eat with me rather than asking Johnny. I didn't expect you'll buy me these foods."

Sicheng giggled "Should I be flattered? I mean... is this is a point for me? Are you falling in love with me more?" he teased Taeil that's why his face got more redder.

Taeil tap Sicheng's arm and said "Boi, you wish."

To be honest, Taeil's also thankful for Sicheng because besides Johnny, Ten, Taeyong and Yuta... Sicheng is always there for him whether he need something or just wanna hangout or just like that day... eat together. I mean all of the guys are close to him but they just get along first that's why.

"Oh yeah... I'm just like your crush." Sicheng again.

Taeil just laughed. He's actually thankful that Sicheng didn't avoid him when he told him what he feel about him... also he still treat him as his friend just like before.

"And now you're bragging out again." said Taeil as he rolled his eyes.

"You totally like me." Sicheng said again.

"Yeah but you like Yuta, right?" Taeil said and that made Sicheng shut his mouth. To be honest, Sicheng is not that expressive as Yuta and he still haven't told him if he likes Yuta too or not but Taeil believes Sicheng likes him because if not, Sicheng would probably entertain him in a romantic way... but he's still hoping.

Sicheng just shook his head and said "You know what? Let's just eat."

Taeil laughed because of Sicheng's reaction. He's so used to it.

It's already 2pm when they finished eating. Both of them ate a lot.

"So, where are you going after this?" Sicheng asked him before he drink his cola.

Taeil think a little bit before answering "Home? I guess..."

"I see. Do you want me to accompanny you home?" Sicheng asked him.

He shook his head "Nah. I'm okay. You're probably tired since you practiced the whole morning. I can handle myself, Sicheng... Thanks again for the food."

Sicheng nodded "I see. Thank you also, Taeil. I'll have to go now. Text me when you got home, okay?"

He nodded then Sicheng left him at the cafeteria and then that's when he decided to get his things on his locker to finally go home since he's kinda tired from his morning class.

When he got the things he needed, he was shock to see Johnny leaning on the locker beside him "Hey."

"Hmm?"

"Come with me." Johnny said and immediately he hold Taeil's hand.

To be honest Taeil's really confused. He doesn't know where they're coming but he's just following Johnny.

"Uhh, where are you taking me?" Taeil asked once they're out of the campus.

"To your favorite place." Johnny casually said.

Taeil was so happy when he heard it "You mean... the one I always told you before?"

Johnny just smiled "Yeah."

"Planetary Museum!" happily both of them said and then they laughed because they didn't expect they'll talk at the same.

•••

"So, you felt something that time for me?" Johnny asked Taeil. Right now they're at the stargazing room of the museum. Both of them are laying down and looking up in the sky.

"I mean yeah... I definitely felt something you know...," Taeil started "I uhm.. got jealous of Yoona."

Johnny didn't expect that Taeil will say that so he looked at him surprisingly and Taeil's actually looking at him also.

"Taeil, did you know she's just my cousin?"

Taeil pouted his lips and said "She doesn't look like your cousin when I first saw her."

Johnny touched the tip of Taeil's nose and said "Don't tell me..."

Taeil just rolled his eyes and looked at the sky again "Yeah... I got jealous."

"You shouldn't be." Johnny said "She's just my cousin."

"But I didn't know that before. Winwin didn't told me she's your cousin... aish that rascal" Taeil said since Winwin didn't even say anything to him after he met Yoona for the first time.

They stayed silent for awhile but it was Johnny who opened up a topic again for them to talk to.

"But you really like Winwin... right?"

Taeil sighed "I really like Winwin, you know that Johnny but that time I literally felt something different and I really got hurt when I saw you with a lady... That day I told myself that maybe I'm just confused because we're always together and I felt that the thought of us being together is impossible because you're different and you're not like me...,"

Taeil stopped for a moment before continuing his statement.

"...So I just decided to put my full attention to Winwin and I really did fell for him that I forgot about how I feel about you. But...as time pass by, I know I definitely felt something special when I'm with you that I didn't felt before with Winwin but since I already input in my mind that we can't be together, my mind kept on rejecting what I really feel here in my heart towards you,"

Taeil sighed again before continuing "...That's also one of the reason I told you at the party that what you're saying is just nonsense because that's what I already inputted in my mind... But I guess the power of love is so powerful. I mean... look at me? I even told you that I like you twice now."

Johnny just chuckled. "But I am just like you, Taeil. I mean... you know that."

Taeil rolled his eyes "I didn't know it before. You didn't even tell me."

"Do I have to tell it to you? I mean... with my actions you already should know the answer."

Taeil felt his cheeks blush "Yeah right... your attention is always on me."

"Of course. I only see my future with you only so..."

Taeil giggled as he smack Johnny's arm "Ahh. You're so..."

"Handsome? I know that already."

Taeil pout his lips again but he didn't realized that Johnny was actually looking at him and when he looked at his direction Johnny smiled at him and it make his heart melt for real.

"Stop smiling." Taeil said and once again he felt his face become red.

"How can I stop smiling if I'm looking at my future already?"

Taeil can't contain his feelings so he sat down and then Johnny lay down on his lap so Taeil played along with his hair.

"This feels great..." Johnny said while he look up to see Taeil's smiling as he play along with his hair.

They stayed silent for a moment just enjoying their moment together when Taeil finally asked him the question he've been wanting to ask ever since Johnny asked him when did he realized he like Johnny.

"Johnny?"

"Hmm?"

"When did you realize that you felt something special about me?"

Johnny smiled as he squeed Taeil's hand "Third year high school."

•••

That is up for today's update.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter like I do. As I always say, have a nice day everyone!

PS: I'm almost done with this story and kinda preparing for TaeTen's story :)

-BYEpjulienne