W - Best Friend

Wasted

Wasted | Seven

 

BEST FRIEND

 

Johnny rubbed his eyes as he scan the whole room. He's right, Yuta and Winwin really assisted him back to the dorm last night. He sighed and he touch his temple. His head hurts. It hurts as if his head is breaking into pieces. He just want to sleep again but he looked at his phone and it's already 9am. They have practice on 1pm that's why he shouldn't sleep again.

 

"Taeil just left by the way," He almost got shocked when he saw Yuta at the sofa "He cooked congee for you. Also he left a medicine on your side table. There's already a water too. He said that you should eat first before you drink the medicine."

 

Johnny looked at his side table and he's right also the aroma in his whole room really smelled like congee so it's actually true that Taeil cooked congee for him.

 

"I don't understand him..." Johnny doesn't know what he'll react since last night. He know what happened when he confessed and Taeil keep on insisting he's drunk when he's not really drunk. "Why would he be like this if he's like that last night?"

 

"Johnny, I told you to give him some time. Yes he acted like that last night but it doesn't mean he can't be concern about you." Yuta said so that Johnny won't overthink about what just happened.

 

He touched his temple again and reached out for the medicine and drink it.

 

"Taeil said you should eat first you . You have an empty stomach then you'll drink the medicine?" Yuta said as he rolled his eyes. Even though he knew Johnny can be like that sometimes... doing what he want to instead of doing what someone told him to, Yuta still reminded him of what Taeil said.

 

"I don't want to eat. I just want to sleep. My head hearts so bad." Johnny said as he laid down on his bed again.

 

"Remember our practice later. It's one in the afternoon, Johnny."

 

"That's why I'm going to sleep again so that I can wake up at least at 11am"

 

"Okay, just message me when you need something. I'll go ahead." Yuta said but Johnny didn't manage to look at him since his head really hurts so he just focused on sleeping again.

 

It's already past four in the afternoon when Johnny woke up again. Finally, his head feels okay and he can somehow think straight because he's already alright.

 

He reached out for his phone that was on his side table and saw there's a bunch of text messages from Taeyong, Ten, Winwin and Yuta and not even a single one from Taeil. Wow, just great.

 

He shook his head and just decided to replied on Yuta's message saying "I'll not come to our practice today." So after sending the text to Yuta he turned off his phone and get up on his bed to take a bath.

 

It took him thirty minutes to prepare and before he left the dorm he ate some of the congee Taeil made.

 

He will not lie that somehow he got hurt because of how Taeil acted last night. Well, he kinda expected it but he didn't know the pain would be like that.

 

To be honest, he doesn't know where he will go because it's still their practice time and he should be there but he just don't want to go and decided to maybe chill a bit for that day and have some time for himself.

 

Johnny was walking on the streets when he decided to go to the nearest cafe at their dorm. He will stay there for a couple of minutes so he ordered chocolate cake and Macchiato.

 

When he got his order, he didn't expect that Ten would see him there. He purposely sat on the very corner part of the cafe but heck Ten is that good that he saw him in that area.

 

"Johnny."

 

Johnny literally got choke because he's really surprised to see Ten there so Ten grab the water on his table and gave it to him.

 

"Why are you here? You should be practicing." Ten asked him and sat down at the chair in front of him.

 

"I don't want to attend in our practice today." He casually said before taking another bite of the cake he ordered.

 

Ten sighed as he shook his head "That's one of the reason Taeyong made the rule 'No dating within the group members'—"

 

"We're not dating."

 

Ten sighed again "I know. But don't you get it? Our group might be in trouble because of the personal issue you and Taeil got. Work is work, Johnny. Please don't let personal stuff interfere with work."

 

Johnny just looked at Ten after he said that. Okay. He's kinda guilty. He don't want to go to their practice because he know he'll see Taeil and he even if what happened last night hurts him, he still can't resist him for sure and he just don't know what he'll do... that's why he decided not to come to their practice to have some time for himself even if it's just for a day.

 

"Taeil's not with his usual self too. He can't even focus on the new choreography. He's worried about you, Johnny. He just can't text you because he lost his phone last night and he's blaming himself since you didn't attend the practice today."

 

Johnny heard everything but he didn't respond. He don't want to because he know just a simple thing about him makes him weak. And for Pete's sake he already decided not to come to their practice and that happened.

 

"Johnny, we still have few hours for our practice... please come."

 

"I already decided not to come, Ten."

 

"But you need to come. You know how important our practices right? And also, Taeil's not with his u—"

 

"Whatever. I'll just come if that's what you want."

 

Ten smiled mischievously. He know Johnny can't resist Taeil. But all of the thing he said is true. Taeil really can't focus on their practice because he's worried about Johnny.

 

"I knew you would say that. Alright, let's go back to our dorm."

 

Johnny just shook his head as he follow Ten on the way to their dorm.

 

Since the cafe is not that far from their dorm, they got back after ten minutes and straight up went to their practice room.

 

Ten is the one who opened the door and the members were eating. Actually it's their break time that's why the members are eating their snacks and when we say snacks it's Chicken, Pizza and Cola.

 

Taeyong saw them and went closer to them. "I'm glad you came, Johnny. But please remember, don't let personal stuff interfere with work. Okay? I know how you feel but it doesn't mean you'll compromise work because of it. Let's talk later if you have time."

 

Johnny nodded "I understand."

 

"Okay. Go ahead and eat first then we'll resume on practicing." Taeyong said to the both of them.

 

So after that, Ten sat beside Taeyong while Johnny sat beside Jaehyun.

 

"We've all been worried about you, Johnny." Jaehyun said as soon as he sat beside him.

 

He just smiled "I'm sorry. I just overslept to be honest and decided not to come but Ten saw me at the cafe and told me to come."

 

Jaehyun laughed a bit "You . The cafe is so near to our dorm of course anyone of us will definitely find you there."

 

Johnny shook his head and laughed also. "Yeah right. I'm not properly thinking when I decided to go there."

 

"I could see the reason why." Jaehyun said and looked at Taeil's direction. 

 

To be honest when Johnny arrived at their practice room Taeil's looking at him nonstop but he really don't want to be the first one to approach him that's why he decided to sit beside Jaehyun. But yeah, he can see in his peripheral vision that Taeil was looking at him and kinda want to come closer to him.

 

Johnny just rolled his eyes.

 

"You're definitely guilty about it."

 

Jaehyun just laughed but Johnny ignore him and focused on eating because if not Johnny was sure that Jaehyun will keep on teasing him.

 

So when they're done eating, Johnny went near Taeyong since he's watching the choreography video and since he's not there earlier he wanted have a glimpse of their new choreography before he could actually danced to it.

 

"Taeyong, are we going to repeat the first verse later?" Taeil asked Taeyong. He's actually walking towards them and for Pete's sake he's really nervous but he tried to keep calm so that Taeil will not noticed it.

 

"Most likely yes, Taeil. Since Johnny's not here earlier we need to practice it with him." Taeyong answered without looking at Taeil. And to be honest even though Johnny's watching the choreography video he just can't explain the nervousness he's feeling since Taeil's beside him but then again... they're not yet talking to each other ever since what happened last night.

 

"I see. That's great." Taeil said and Johnny felt that Taeil kinda looked at him for a moment before he left to the other side of the practice room.

 

"You idiot. Now you're not even talking to him." Johnny was shocked when Taeyong suddenly said that.

 

Johnny looked at Taeyong for a second before answering him "Am I supposed to be the one who should talk to him first? I mean... I don't know. He's not talking to me..."

 

Taeyong just laughed as he shook his head "You two are really something. Taeil kept on talking about you earlier and now you're here he can't even approach you."

 

Johnny pouted his lips in confusion "What's funny about that? It's not even funny..."

 

"I really think the both of you should talk to each other after our practice. Okay? But for now we need to start on practicing."

 

Johnny nodded as he went to the other side of their practice room. Yeah, they need to start on practicing for now. As soon as Johnny went on the other side of the practice room he saw Taeil was looking at him that's why he smiled at him but after that Taeyong said that it's time for them to practice.

 

All of them focused on dancing because they need to be ready since they will join a competition in LA in less than a month.

 

Hours have passed and it's already eleven in the evening. Good thing happened is that they rehearsed almost half of the choreography and they're happy about it.

 

"Alright. That's all for today. Don't forget to practice the choreography even after our practice hours, okay? But for now take a rest. Our next practice will be tomorrow at 2PM." Taeyong said before leaving the practice room.

 

Just like Taeyong some of the members already left the practice room so that they can take a rest but he decided to stay for awhile since he want to make sure their practice room is clean. And he forgot to mention... Taeil is still inside the practice room also. Both of them are cleaning the room.

 

When he already made sure that the place was clean he decided to leave but as soon as he was about to open the door of their practice room Taeil grabbed his wrist.

 

Johnny looked back at him and said "Uhm, I guess I'll go ahead." 

 

Taeil looked down as soon as he heard Johnny but then he's still holding Johnny's wrist "Uhh, can we... uhmm talk for awhile before you go?"

 

Johnny smiled "Of course... so, what do you want to talk about?"

 

Even though Johnny know what Taeil wants to talk about he still want to hear it from him.

 

"About last night."

 

Johnny nodded "It's okay, Taeil. I understand. Maybe I shouldn't said that in the first place. It's my fault that you got shocked and that happened. You don't have to feel guilty about it."

 

It took Taeil a couple of minutes before he asked Johnny "So, it's really true?"

 

"That I like you? Of course it is. I'm not drunk when I said that. I know what I'm saying when I said that." Johnny immediately answered and that made Taeil sighed.

 

"But Johnny... I don't understand why you like me. We've been friends for a long time. You ARE my best friend. You shouldn't see me as yo—"

 

"Don't repeat it again, Taeil. I don't want to hear those words again from you because it hurts." Johnny said as he was trying to hold back his tears.

 

"I just don't know why you're being like that, Johnny."

 

"Just forget what I said last night."

 

Taeil looked at Johnny's eyes "How can I forget that Johnny? Tell me how?"

 

"You don't like me right? So why are you paying attention to what I said last night?"

 

"Because you are my friend! And it concerns me a lot!"

 

"Okay then I'm sorry. I'm really sorry that I said that last night. Please... just forget about it. I don't want our friendship to be at risk just because of the foolishness I said last night." That's when Johnny's tears starts to fall down from his eyes.

 

Johnny was completely hurting because even though he don't want the words he's saying well he need to say it because he don't want Taeil to feel guilty about what happened last night.

 

As soon as Taeil saw that Johnny's crying he wiped his tears but Johnny stopped him.

 

"Please, Taeil. Stop. If you don't feel the same about how I feel about you then don't act like this. Don't wipe my tears because I might believe myself that you might like me too."

 

Johnny sighed as he wiped his tears. He don't understand why Taeil's eyes become teary and for Pete's sake he don't want to see him cry.

 

"I'll go ahead, Taeil." but then again Taeil stopped him.

 

"W-we're still best friends right?"

 

Johnny smiled and he nodded "Of course. I still want to be part of your life even if you just see me as your best friend," then he looked at Taeil's eyes and he did the same "but my feelings for you will never change and I hope you understand that."

 

Taeil remain silent that's why Johnny continue on talking.

 

"I will still be the same Johnny you know. I will still be there for you when you need me. I will still be there for you when you need someone to talk to. I will still be there for you when you're feeling down... I will never leave your side not unless you told me to. Not unless you told me to stop..." Johnny stopped for a moment. He need to calm down so he said "I'll go ahead, Taeil. Take a rest also. You need that."

 

Johnny just smiled before he left the practice room.

 

Taeil was left at the practice room with so much question in his mind. And he really don't understand why his heart aches so much because of what Johnny said.

 

He sighed. 

 

Maybe it's better right? Them? As best friends?

 

"Damn it. I really don't know why I can't forget about what he said last night..." Taeil said as he covered his fave with his palm... he sighed and just decided to go back to his room and rest just like Johnny said maybe he really need that.

 

---

 

Hi everyone! Here's the new chapter. I hope you'll enjoy this even though it's kinda heartbreaking I must say. But yeah. Enjoy!

 

I really love the Regulate teasers so much! Did you guys love it too?

 

Have a nice day!

 

-BYEpjulienne