Injury

Behind Brown hair and Hazel eyes

Hansol walk slowly into the practice room hoping that nobody else would be there, he let out an exasperated sigh when he found out he was right. He slowly lower his bag and take out a small plastic water bottle and unplug the cord to his headphones. 

He walked over to the stereo and turned the music on. The sounds slowly started to fill the room as he practiced the choreography. He had to be better he was the worst dancer out of all of them and he knew it. ‘How dare you let yourself become worse, the worst,’ he muttered to himself as he mentally scolded himself. 

 

After what feel like hours he stopped for a moment, drops of sweat gliding down his face and the slight sound of breathing vibrating off the walls. The took a towel and wiped some of the sweat off his forehead and nearly collapsed while reaching for the water-bottle. 

 

A quiet ding echoed through the room. He tugged on the strap until his was duffel bag closer to him and pulled out his phone. He scrolled through his notifications and saw the text from his boyfriend, Joshua. 

 

When do you plan on coming home? You have been at the studio for 3 hours? 

 

So that’s why he was so tired. It really had been hours. He typed a quick ‘soon’ as told him he would text him when he was ready for him to pick him up. 

 

He just had to get this piece right. He could not be the reason that they couldn’t preform well for the Carats. It was only one part and he just had to figure it out, just fall on one knee and support yourself with your wrist. Easy....right? He’d done it a million times already. 

 

As soon as the bruises on his knee hit the floor his wrist erupt with pain and he hit his head on the floor. He sat there dazed. He reached out with his good hand to grab his phone and speed dialed Joshua. 

 

“I-I need you to....c-come pick me up,” exhaustion and pain lingering in his voice, making it hard for him to talk normally. He tried to close his eyes to stop the room from spinning and to ease the pain in his head and his wrist. “P-please...” 

 

You are still at the practice room yah?’ Joshua’s Korean was making his head spin and the words slurring together didn’t help...he could barely tell if he had even spoken in Korean or English to Joshua. 

 

“Y-yeah....mm still here....”English, he register himself as speaking his first language....it was still probably incoherent but he talked slow so that Joshua could at least have a good idea what he was saying. 

 

Yah? Are you okay....you sound....Ill be right there okay.....and Vernon... don’t move,’ was the response it was hard for him to hear what he was saying but he acknowledged it anyway. He knew that they only had a few days to practice before the concert so he would have to hold out for 3 days, and then he would tell his group. 

 

To tell the truth, Hansol didn’t remember much about when Joshua came to pick him up. He did recall the car pulling up with a screech and he was ushered to the passenger seat as the muttered and ‘I’m tired,’ and fell asleep in the front seat of the car. 

 

The next morning he woke up to himself in his boyfriends bed and the dizzy feeling from hitting his head was still prominent. He let out a groan and he sat up slowly but the feeling soon turned to nausea and he found himself bolting/staggering to the bathroom. He leaned over the basin of the toilet as he expelled bile from his empty stomach and the pounding in his head had steadily increased causing a radiating pain in his head.

 

It hurt, the bile burning his throat and how the increase of pain in his head made it much worse. Once done he leaned his head against the wall in the bathroom, he let out another moan as the pain making him dizzy and he slowly started to peel himself up. After it became more prominent, he realized that it wasn’t going away and he went to the kitchen and grabbed some painkillers.

 

He made his way upstairs. A cool hand had grabbed the back of his wrist and he flinched. “J-Joshua. You scared me,” he sighed in relief. Joshua smiled slightly, but he then turned that into a stern face. “What’s wrong? You’ve been very jumpy and your speaking so slowly to me....I understand you y’know.” He told him. 

 

“Just tired,” he responded to him. He processed the words before he spoke them so it would come out smooth. He cocked his head to the side and smiled. “I’m going to bed,” he said and walked past his boyfriend. 

______________________________________

2 days later_________________________

 

 “Come on guys, we have to be at that concert in a few minutes! We gotta go,” S. Coup said. The stern leader mode had come out in his voice, as well as the annoyance. “Oh  somebody go wake up Vernon.” He said in a louder tone. 

 

Joshua nodded and headed upstairs to wake up his boyfriend. He flicked the light on and heard a quiet moan from the younger and let out a small chuckle. He pet the soft brown hair poking out from under the covers of the younger ones bed. 

 

“Come on babe, wake up. We gotta go. Remember that concert. Yah? I know you do. Wake up,” Joshua played with his hair and smiled at the softness underneath his finger- tips. The brown locks so soft and smooth. He smiled at the childish face that had emerged from the covers. 

 

“M up,” a small voice echoed from the blanket mountain that Hansol had buried underneath. He sat up and stretched slowly. And let out muffled complaint about the light that Joshua couldn’t quite get. And laughed at it and pulled the blankets off he younger one. Inwardly laughing as he whined for them back. 

 

Vernon made grabby hands at the covers and pouted once they were again pulled away. He sighed and then ushered Joshua to leave to get dressed. 

 

He walked downstairs and sat down. He didn’t eat anything but he laid his head on Joshua and waited for the rest of the seventeen members to get in the car. He sat in the back beside Joshua and laid his head on the cool surface of the glass. Occasionally, he would look over to his boyfriend. 

 

Once the group arrived at the place of the concert, they got out made there way to the to the stage. Hansol made his way backstage and slowly changed into the outfit that he was told to by the stylist. 

 

During the break just before the last song, Hansol felt the pain increase so much that he had to squint, and his wrist felt in agony. He reached in -side his bag to grab painkillers. He dumped a bunch of the pills in his hand and tipped his head back dumping the pills in his mouth and drank a whole bottle of water to take the pills. 

 

He followed the rest of the members to the stage. The pills that he had taken kicked in and the buzzed feeling had made him so dizzy. He blinked the blurriness out of his eyes and got into his position. He followed the others and felt his motions getting more sloppy as he tried to keep up. 

 

The buzzed feeling became all to persistent and he felt black surround him. He felt nothing more than the cool surface of the ground and the loud yelling of English at him. 

 

As soon as the loud thud had echoed through the stage at the concert. Joshua had slid onto his knees and then started Freaking out as soon as he realized that his boyfriends breathing was slowing down. To much. 

 

S.Coup and Jeonhgan had picked up the limp body and pulled it off stage. The two placed him down on the floor. Joshua had immediately called an ambulance and had played with his hair to reassure himself that his boyfriend would be okay. 

 

Once they arrived at the hospital they were told that they had to wait for the doctors to run some tests on him. As soon as they were done Joshua burst through the doors and sat down by the sleep body of his boyfriend. 

 

“T-turn light...off?” 

 

At first is was hard to understand the quiet words from Hansol but they register in his head and Joshua moved to shut the light off. He sit back down by his boyfriend and he his hair, a habit he had began. “How are you feeling,” he kept his voice at a whisper and he sent the younger a reassuring smile. 

 

“Head hur’s,” his words had a slight slur, he pointed at his head just to make sure he was understood, “ my wrist.” Joshua nodded at the poor boy, he grabbed a cup of water and hand it to him. 

 

“I’m sorry, but the good news is that you are allowed to go home soon, they are just gonna tell me what’s wrong with you so I can pick up the medicine and we can leave, wait here l be right back.” 

 

Joshua walked out the door to meet the doctor who greeted him, Joshua smiled back at him. 

 

“I suspect you two are very close. But anyhow, I will get on with it so you two can go home, he had a server concussion, and slight bruising from where he hit his head on the stage, and two fractures in his wrist. One, is a clean break and one is a hairline fracture. We found that one of the breaks are at least 2 days old. Also we ruled an accident overdose on painkillers. Any other questions you may have,” the doctor ask. 

 

Joshua shake his head and headed back to the room. He recalled the ‘one of the fractures was at least 2 days old.’ He remember the pain in his boyfriend voice when he had call his phone 2 days ago. 

 

When he sat down beside Hansol he could still see the pain evident in his face. His boyfriend had tears in his eyes and as soon as he assumed that Joshua could see that he wiped them with his hand. “Does it hurt badly?” Joshua ask as he watched the boy scrub his face from tears. 

 

Hansol was about to shake his head but the far that was displayed on the face of his boyfriend was so concerned that he had to sigh and nod his head. 

 

“If you had hurt yourself before then why didn’t you say so and I could have been there for you? Don’t you trust me?” Joshua asked. 

 

“I didn’t wanna worry. Have practice so hard for this concert and I still ruin it. Sorry hyung,” was the response from the brunette. A small sigh was released. 

 

“Oh, so that’s what you think? Why are you like this? You didn’t ruin, stop worrying about it so much. You went out hurt and you did well. But if you are in pain, tell me next time. Before you overdose on painkiller okay?” 

 

“I didn’t mean to.” 

 

“I know.” 

 

“I’m tired.” 

 

“I know, go to sleep baby. I’ll bring you home. Don’t worry.”