Tien

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ )

“Do you know how to use a gun?” Yeri was surrounded by the film crew from her new production where she plays a villain.

“Yes, I learned about it before.”

She’s skillfully attaching each part of the gun and aim it to a target board in front of her, she’s already wearing an earplug and glasses as the instructor told her to.

“You’re really good.” One of his fellow actor giving heer a compliment and Yeri said thank you to him.

“When did you start learning?”

“When I was in high school. I had a rough life to the point I want to kill people so I thought killing with a gun would be cool.”

Irene look surprised with Yeri’s answer and giving her a glare right away. Things becoming awkward and no one dare to respond to what she just said.

“I’m kidding.” She’s laughing together with everyone else so the mood is no longer gloomy.

In fact, she wasn’t kidding. She was crazy back then, she already made a conclusion that her brother was killed, he didn’t kill himself but someone did it. It was her parents, it was her, his friends, and Sooyoung. That one crazy woman who left him in such a way without a warning. She was this close to hunt everyone down and becoming a serial killer if not for her doctor who helping her through the hard time. Now that she’s older, more sane, healthier, and more mature...Yeri can accept the fact that Seokjin did kill himself..but still...someone need to take his pain. She’s content with the fact that the source of his misery is already gone so she can not even blame her anymore but still...if she can ask just one more thing to get fixed..she always hope that his brother never met this girl called Sooyoung in his life. Never.

“Since you don’t need to take the shooting training, you can get into the filming faster..”

The camera rehearsal is done and now Yeri is heading back to her apartment, together with Irene.

“Good.” She checks her phone and there’s messages from Jungkook since this morning. Telling her to not worry and that he’s fine. It’s so nice of him to let her know.

“Unnie..this invitation is for you.” Bona from the front seat give Yeri a pretty invitation card with her name written on it. She opens it and read the content slowly.

“It’s for a party. Someone’s anniversary.”  She give the invitation to Irene and let her read it.

“This is good, you should go.”

“Fine. I have nothing to do that day anyway.” Bothering Jungkook is not on her list till he gets better so attending a high class party sounds good.

“You need to discuss about your attire for the event with our style team.”

“Alright. I will.”


 


 

“Mr. Jeon, this is your suit for tonight.”

Lea put a black suit, still with its plastic wrapper on the top of Jungkook’s bed. He bought the clothes specially for tonight occasion.

“Thanks.” He check at the suit and give Lea a quick nod.

“I also pack your medicine, just in case you feel sick in there. Third pocket on your left.”

Jungkook just discharged from the hospital this morning. He’s feeling better but need some time to fully recover, his doctor said.

“You can go home now, Lea.”

“Good luck, Sir!”

This kind of Jungkook is totally her favorite, passionate about his work, focus, he knows exactly what he wants.

 

***

“I won’t be long.” Yeri is finally arrived at the party and told Jay to wait for her because she won’t be gone for too long.

“No, it’ ok you should enjoy the party.”

Yeri is out from the car, holding her silver handbag and the invitation card. The party is a huge scale, there are a few people in front of her lining up to get inside after going through some security check.

“Your invitation, Kim Yeri-ssi!” and thanks to her celebrity status. The doorman treating her really well, with a smile and mentioning her name. A few eyes start to pay attention to her, she give people a smile and quick bow, but she stopped when one pair of eyes felt so special.
 

“Enjoy the party, Sir!”

Jungkook just finished his security check when he heard a familiar name getting mentioned from the little crowd behind him. He turn his face almost automatically and there she is. The new thing.

“You can get in, Sir!” The security is talking to him with louder voice when Jungkook is not moving from his position.

“Oh. Sorry.” He’s smiling at him and entering the building quickly when he find Yeri is also aware about his existence and waving her hands to him with a familiar smile.

Yeri is feeling nervous while doing all the procedure, Because she was greeting Jungkook from afar with a hope that he’ll leave her alone, but the fact is he’s still here. He’s standing next to the entrance while sometimes looking at his phone. He’s waiting for her.

“Yeri-ssi! Can i get a signature?”

She feels relieved when one male and female who probably one of the staff is coming to her. They give her one notebook for her to sign and she did it very slowly. Buying times.

“Thank you very much. Have a nice date.”

They left while laughing and with that words Yeri know Jungkook is still here and people paying attention to them.

“I didn’t know you’ll be here.”

That’s the first sentence he said to Yeri who’s trying so hard to be calm around him. After the whole emergency situation thing few days ago, Yeri start to having something else for Jungkook. Whatever it is she’s scared of that. This is not supposed to happen, not between them when they still don’t have a clue about their nightmare.

“Me neither.”

Jungkook is walking in front of Yeri but still manage his pace so she doesn’t left behind. He sometimes stopped to wait for her when few people came to her for an autograph.

“So Jeon Jungkook is really her boyfriend. I thought it was a rumor.”

These people definitely recognized Jungkook, some of them are probably having a business with him before. And words like that shouldn’t be surprising for Yeri after the whole drama she made back at the hospital few days ago. Few articles are out, but since Jungkook is not actually a famous person everything was buried by another news and gossips.

“I don’t know you’re out from hospital.”

Yeri is finally done with a spontaneous fan signing event and now she walk side by side to Jungkook, joining the party.

“I have something to do here. Call me if you need a ride home.”

And he left. Looks like he does have some agenda here. He looks serious and determined for whatever that is.
 

“Yeri..” Only a few seconds after Jungkook left, she feels a touch on her arms and also a familiar voice.

“Good Afternoon.” Yeri is giving a bow to the people who touched her and ready to leave when her arms is being held again.

“Stop treating your mother like that.”

If this is a place where rich people gathers, meeting her parents here is actually not a random coincidence.

“I’m not your daughter here, i’m a guest.”

Both of her parents looks older since the last time she saw them few months ago. Yeri can see that her mom start to tearing up and holding her tears.

“Kim Yeri..”

“I’m busy..” She ready to run away but her dad is difficult today. He grab her hands really tight, it’s a little bit hurting her.

***

“Alright, Jungkook-ssi..i already did you a favor and you need to pay me back someday.”

“I will. Of course.”

Jungkook is more than ecstatic when his former senior from the army and also his acquaintance, Mr. Jung is agree to help him arranging a meeting with Mr. Cha Ji Hwan. He already learn everything about him for the past two days and he knows how to get an opportunity from him. He’ll succeed tonight, for sure.

“He’s coming here. Remember this is your only chance, impress him once and i’m sure you’ll gain his trust…”

“Stop! Don’t move!”

Jungkook and a few other peoples are focusing their eyes to one corner of the room. When a middle aged man start yelling angrily to a young woman.

“Is that Kim Yeri?”

“Yes, it’s her. What’s going on?”

Not only him, but few other guests are watching the scene. Yeri looks surprised and a little bit taken aback. Her eyes is wondering around. There’s also one middle aged woman who clearly has a relationship with the angry man from earlier. Both of their hands are on Yeri’s arms.

“Mr. Cha...this is Jeon Jungkook-ssi...I…”

Jungkook left Mr. Cha and everyone else before he walks to Yeri’s direction. He let a huge chance slip away for her.

“Are you seriously going to do this?” Yeri tossed her dad hands and talk to him in very low voice but with a firm intonation. She’s aware people are paying attention to her now.

“What’s going on?”

She looks at Jungkook when he suddenly showed up and ask her what happened.

“Who is this?” Her dad doesn’t looks impressed by his appearance.

“They’re totally dating.”

Yeri hates the fact that people won’t leave her alone at time like this. Someone who’s standing next to her dad start talking about Jungkook being her boyfriend and now her dad becoming more furious meanwhile her mom is smiling.

“What’s your name, son?”

Yeri can not do anything when her mother is already made a judgment that Jungkook is her future son in law. She looks so happy, she smiles and offering his hand to Jungkook.

“Jeon Jungkook.. and you are?”

“Who? What’s your name again?”

Yeri is a little bit confused when her dad start paying attention to Jungkook. Really paying attention, he’s staring at him for quite a while.

“Jeon Jungkook..”

And when he heard the name once again, there’s a slight horror from his expression. Something Yeri can not decipher.

***

14 years ago.

“The brother told me to take it back, Mr. Kim.” One of his employee handing back a huge envelope and put it on his desk.

“Why?”

“He doesn’t say anything. His working at a bookstore, he need lots of supports right now for his life and study, i know he actually need this..but…”

“I’m doing this for my son..why wouldn’t he accept this?”

Mr. Kim slowly open the envelope and when it’s finally opened he finally know that he’s dealing with something bigger and stronger than a 15 years old kid.

“Sir..I...why did he?”

The envelope is full with money, real money which has been shredded and ripped into a hundred little pieces. Every single thing is ruined. There’s also one small  paper with something written on it.

“I’ll see you again.” Mr. Kim read what is written on that paper out loud and he is seriously can not believe the whole thing. A 15 years old did this?

“Did he really do this? It’s 10 million in cash.”

“He did, Sir..he told me to bring it back. He said he doesn’t want it.”

Mr. Kim know his employees is not lying.

“What’s his name?”

“Jeon Jungkook.”

***
 

“Let’s talk later.” Yeri talk to both of her parents before hold Jungkook’s hands and dragging him away from them.

“Who are they?”

He’s asking her the question when they finally out and standing in a huge balcony. She’s covering her face because what just happened is quite intense and somehow annoying.

“My parents.”

“What? Why are you so rude to them?”

Jungkook don’t understand. She never want to be rude to them but everything that happened long time ago, resulted to this.

“Can you just...stop intervene with my live and..go..talk to your clients or something. I want to be alone.”

Jungkook is not responding to what she said, he’s just standing there, his eyes is wondering far to a scenery in front of them. He’s stealing a glance to her for a few times.

“I already made a choice.”

And Yeri is even more confused when Jungkook is laughing at her and slowly pat her back.

“I was going to talk to Cha Ji Hwan back then...i already found this great idea for a conversation...i learned everything to gain his trust that could lead into more power and money just like what i want..but then..you were there..with your sad eyes..pale face, just like you in my nightmare crying for help..so..i choose you over my greed.”

Yeri lift her face to him, confused and lost.

“I don’t understand.”

And now Jungkook is standing in front of her, hands on his pocket staring at her with something she can not explain. His eyes are bright.

“Do you want to try it?” He’s asking her a question and begin to look around. Avoiding her eyes.

“Try what?”

“Be with me. Just for fun. Let’s called it off when it’s not working.”

He manage to say it with confidence and in a not serious manner. Jungkook doesn’t want to give a burden for Yeri knowing what has been going on between two of them.

“It’s nice to have you around. There’s no other reason.”

Yeri is still not saying anything but he can see that her eyes is begin teary. Part of him thought she was touched and overwhelmed but his other part though she’s scared and want to run away from him right now. He understand because who wants people like him to bother their life. Not to mention that he is still a monster for her on their nightmare.

“It’s ok. I’m taking a no as an answer too.”

He’s covering the awkward atmosphere with a joke but it’s not working. Yeri is still seriously staring at him with tears on her cheeks now.

“Yes.”

She’s stronger than her brother, if what happened in the past is holding her to have this kind of story on her life for the past 14 years maybe now is a right time to let everything go.

“Good.”

Yeri was crying like a baby when Jungkook was sick, so it’s not like she’s giving him a yes without no reason. She care for him, only a little bit but still..it’s a progress.

 



“Don’t do anything to my dress. It’s my favorite.”

Yeri stare at her watch, it’s approximately one hour ago when she and Jungkook agree to try working on something and now she’s already here.

“Alright, i won’t.”

Yeri let Jungkook caressing her hair and since now there’s only two of them here. She’s a little bit too lenient to him.

“Are you really fine for doing this? You were...on the hospital for days..”

Yeri is holding Jungkook’s hand and he stopped kissing her when he’s actually doing great. They passed the first and second base in the first one hour of their relationship and Yeri is agree to go home with him. Why?

No reason, she just wanted to do that.

“If there’s something wrong you could just take me back there while crying and…”

“That’s not funny”

And he’s ruining it. Completely.

Yeri push him away and turning on the lights while take a sit on Jungkook’s living room. Staring at him, disappointed with what just said. First kiss in an hour and now first fight in one and half hour. Great.

“You should say sorry at time like this.”

And it’s even more annoying when Jungkook is doing nothing but standing at his position, as if what he said is not something wrong.

“It’s not gonna working. Let’s called it off.”

Yeri gets up from her sit, fixing her hair a little bit and ready to go.

“You’re so easy to give up.”

But Jungkook is coming to her while taking off his jacket and dragging her back to her sit. He’s holding her hands and it does feels warm somehow.

“Lea told me that you said you’re coming with me wherever i’m going, back at the hospital. Why?”

“The thing about the hospital is...i was such a mess..it was..”

“What happened? Tell me?”

Yeri put herself away from Jungkook and caressing his hair quickly. She's already lying to him about having a brother, how could he tell him about her past just because she's agree to do something with him 60 minutes ago.

“If we’re going to do this for fun then things like serious talk and blast from the past is not necessary..”

She doesn’t want to talk about it at all.

“Then thing like apology is also not necessary.”

Jungkook is good from pulling himself out from trouble. He said it like no big deal with hands reaching out to her back and he start kissing her again.
 



Jungkook is sitting in his office, reading a few complaints from Mr. Jung regarding what happened last night. Chance with Cha Jihwan is closed, completely gone.

“I told you not to mess with my dress.”

He feels so much better when he find Yeri standing in front of his door, wearing his white shirt from last night. Looking annoyed with hands holding her almost ruined red dress. So pretty and funny looking.

“You were not complaining last night. I’ll buy you a new one.”

“It’s expensive.”

“I’m working hard for money but i am not a cheapskate, i am more than capable to buy you anything.”

“How lucky i am.”

She left him with a heavy sarcastic tone on her words. And it makes Jungkook not regretting anything what just happened. He’s happy with her around.

“Where was i left my brain last night?”

is good, Jungkook was great but there’s this dress. It’s completely ruined. And this is also ruined her mood. She only wear this for the first time last night.

“Do i need to say sorry at time like this too?”

She lift her face to Jungkook when he’s out from his office, laughing and mocking her with his gaze. Yeri doesn’t have a will to entertain him so she ignore what he said.

“Don’t you need to go for work? Stop bothering me.”

“It’s my home. I’ll leave when i wanted to.”

He’s right. She doesn’t even understand why she’s being sensitive about it.

“There was no nightmare.” Yeri put aside her dress and talk to Jungkook who’s walking closer to her and pat her head.

“That’s a nice thing, right?”

“I don’t know. It just feels totally weird if i suffers for months because of the nightmare and then everything stopped just because i sleep with you once. Then i should’ve done it the first time we met.”

Yeri is not completely joking with what she said.  And talk about the nightmare is also still bothering Jungkook, he's always avoiding it

“I’ll make you something to eat.”

Jungkook is gone from her sight as he’s walking upstairs. Her phone is ringing so Yeri is not following him but picking up her phone first.

“Kim Yeri, just wow. You ran away. And now i already have fifteen calls from reporter about you. Where are you right now?”

Irene is furious.

“I’m…”

“Let’s get into it fast. What is Jeon Jungkook the CEO of Sky creative company to Kim Yeri, the infamous celebrity?”

“He’s a…” Calling him a nobody is a complete lie when he’s upstairs making food for her.

“Wait.”

Yeri is running to Jungkook while told Irene to wait for her. She came to him while running and stopped in front of him abruptly. He holds her shoulder and told her to be careful.

“What am i to you?” He looks confused with the sudden question and let out a little smile before answering the question.

“I like you.”

Yeri is blinking her eyes, surprised with the answer and even more taken aback with the way he said it, he’s saying it without feeling embarrassed or awkward. He’s continuing what he’s doing with no problem at all.

“He said he likes me.” She is back to Irene while walking away from Jungkook afraid if he’ll heard their conversation.

“Are you with him right now? Kim Yeri you…”

“Unnie. How could someone like me? Even when he knows how bad i treat others, why would he like me?”

“You’re not a bad person, Yeri-ya..you deserved it.”

The phone call ended and now Yeri feels some kind of overwhelming happiness. She never deserved to be happy not after what happened to Seokjin and to her family.  But why now….

There’s a man out there who’s willing to understand her chaotic behaviour and all her not-so-good persona.

“Yeri-ssi..food is ready.”

Jungkook is done with a simple breakfast he usually have and calling for Yeri who’s hiding behind his bedroom door while receiving a call.

She came out after a while and her expression is somehow weird.

“What’s wrong?” He can sense something is not good for her so he decide to ask.

She’s not saying anything but came to him, giving him a hug and start crying on his embrace.

“What did i do right now?” He always having a bad feeling if things like this happened. He always reminded to how Yeri is on his nightmare. Crying, hurting, and suffering, all because of him. So it’s possible that her tears was the result from his wrong doing again.

“Thank you.” But he just thrilled when he heard a gratitude from her.

“It’s just a breakfast..” He let her go from him and showed her a simple food he made. There’s nothing to be proud of.

And Yeri is smiling when she realized what he has for her as the breakfast. She looks really good with a smile. No wonder she’s famous and popular. Her smile only is enough to makes everything looks better and appealing.

“For the breakfast.”

She give him a quick kiss and take a sit on the dining room while still wiping her tears. Beautiful.

Does he really deserving this kind of life? 




I'm keeping it PG-13 for this chapter.