008

(BxB) Save the lost soul
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Patching pieces[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Jihoon watched as Mrs. Choi dropped a kiss on Seungcheol’s forehead. The said guy was up some moment ago, managed to talk a bit with his parents and in-laws. Seungcheol fell asleep again when he was tired of trying to talk despite his weak state. “I’m always proud of you, my son.” Mrs. Choi whispered but loud enough for everyone in the room to hear. She touched the hair, caressing it lovingly before standing up. Mr. Choi gave a squeeze on Seungcheol’s hand and said nothing before stepping away.

The parents left after that, Jihoon sent them to the door. His mother gave him a comforting hug while others said few words to give him strength. He only listened but not really took it to his heart. Because he still believed Seungcheol could be saved. He’s being stubborn; he didn’t want to give up just yet. Jihoon made his way back to the room after the parents left.

Wonwoo was standing next to the bedroom’s door. Jihoon stared at Wonwoo. Wonwoo shook his head. Jihoon bit his lips. Out of nowhere, he went to Wonwoo and grabbed his collar. “Why can’t you...?! He has no time to wait more! Wonwoo!”

Wonwoo just let Jihoon burst out his anger. He knew Jihoon was losing himself. He could feel Seungcheol’s royal aura was fading and knew how little time they had. Jihoon groaned and pushed Wonwoo away as he received no response. The small guy stumbled as his knees turned weak and almost fell. Wonwoo was quick on his reflex; he managed to catch Jihoon from falling back. They both fell on their knees. Jihoon already burst in tears. Wonwoo felt a pinch in his heart to see his friend broke down once again.

“Please...” Jihoon didn’t know to whom he was pleading. The sorrow in his voice made Wonwoo gathered him in his hug. Jihoon sobbed, gripping the arms that held him warmly. The two of them stayed in that position for a while.

 

 

It’s already night and Seungcheol didn’t wake up since their parents left. After the breakdown, Jihoon stayed by Seungcheol’s side and never left. He was holding Seungcheol’s hand all the time. Wonwoo had gone again to figure out anything that could save his friend.

“Do you hate me now, Seungcheol?” Jihoon said biting his lips. He exhaled. “You didn’t wake up at all after our parents left.” Jihoon added. He gripped the hand tighter and brought it close to his face. He rested his cheek on their hand. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I fail to find a way to get you back.” Jihoon let his tears fall. The silent fell in the room, only Jihoon’s sniffle could be heard. Along the ticking time, Jihoon felt the aura faded a bit more and he’s scared.

Jihoon looked up when he felt the fingers in his hold moved. Seungcheol opened his eyes slowly. He regained his conscious once again. Jihoon couldn’t hold back his tears. “Seungcheol...” His voice cracked while he called that name. He gripped the hand tighter. Seungcheol’s eyes moved and stopped on him. Jihoon gave a tiny smile with wet cheeks and sobs.

“Why… tears?” Seungcheol said with short breath. He was tired to talk but he wanted to ask. Even his body and inside felt numb, there’s a pinch of pain in his heart when he saw Jihoon’s tears. He wanted to wipe it away but he couldn’t move his hand, feeling so weak.

“I… am afraid.” Jihoon said. “Don’t leave.”

Seungcheol said nothing but stared at Jihoon. Jihoon took a breath, sniffled and gathered his courage. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, Seungcheol.”

“Why…” Seungcheol breathed out.

“Seungcheol, you’re like this because of me. And yet, all my efforts to help you…. Nothing succeeds. I…” Jihoon bit his lips. “I…” Seungcheol used his last strength to grip Jihoon’s hand harder. Jihoon’s eyes met his. With his last strength, Seungcheol used his mind controlling power.

‘Don’t cry. I’m fine.’

Instead of calming the smaller guy, Jihoon cried more to the word. He let his feelings controlled himself. “I’m sorry. You have been nice, I fail to see that. I’m selfish. I… yet, I…” Jihoon bit his lips.

‘Jihoon.’

“Seungcheol, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for being blind. I’m sorry for causing this. I’m stupid. I don’t deserve you.” Jihoon caught his breath. “Everyone told me you love me. And I’m too blinded by my hatred to see that, I hurt you a lot. I… yet, you still care for me. I don’t worth it, Seungcheol. Why?” Jihoon sniffled. “If loving me cause you a life… I… you…” Jihoon couldn’t continue his word as Seungcheol gripped his hand harder, basically using his power to shut Jihoon’s mouth. Jihoon’s gasp stuck at his throat. He felt the darkness through their touch, the endless hole in Seungcheol. Jihoon’s tears fell freely.

‘You blaming yourself are as if you’re mocking my feelings for you.’ Seungcheol hissed. Jihoon gulped the bitter lump in his throat. He shook his head, staring at Seungcheol’s eyes. He tried to relay what actually he meant from bottom of his heart. Seungcheol coughed up suddenly, his strength weakened and his power cancelled out. Jihoon gripped the hand worriedly, opened his mouth again as he could talk now.

“Seungcheol.” Jihoon frowned, was about to panic. He leaned closer to Seungcheol. Seungcheol closed his eyes again, fighting against the coughing fits. It’s too painful but coughing made it worst so he fought it. Jihoon felt the aura fading more. He’s anxious now. “Seungcheol, please… please.” Jihoon rested his forehead next to Seungcheol, snuggling his nose to Seungcheol’s lukewarm cheek. “Don’t go. I can’t let you go.” Jihoon whispered.

Seungcheol was still moving slightly as he was fighting the involuntarily reaction in his throat. His body trembled. Jihoon sobbed out. “I’m sorry, I’m late. I’m sorry… I love you Seungcheol. I love you.” Jihoon whispered in between his sobs as he pressed himself closer to Seungcheol, feeling lost. He could feel how dimmed the aura and he knew it’s very soon he will lose Seungcheol. He felt helpless. He bit his lips hard that it was bleeding. “Seungcheol, I love you. I’m sorry… I’m sorry you’re hurting because of me. I’m so stupid. I want you to stay with me.”

Seungcheol’s body stopped trembling as the whisper blew a soothing breath into his throat. He’s no longer fighting the cough but his aura was still the same. Seungcheol could feel a strong force of numbness started at his heart and spread surely throughout his body. He felt his tears fall as h

Please log in to read the full chapter