003

(BxB) Save the lost soul
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The vows and the oath[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Wonwoo stared at Jihoon who was playing with his key. For a change, they’re out hanging together outside the school. It had been a week since their holiday started and Jihoon found no happiness in the break from school as he’s very near to his death sentence. The wedding. “Jihoon, are you okay?” Wonwoo asked carefully as he swung his legs in the air. Both of them were sitting on a thick branch of a tree near their school.

“I don’t know if I’m okay or not. I don’t want tomorrow to come honestly.” Jihoon huffed and put away his key. It was his house key and the keychain that he adored a lot. It’s from his father when he was young. The only sweet memory of his caring father he could remember. His father is caring but most of the time he’s strict. “I hate that I don’t have a say in this matter you know. What my father is thinking... no, wait, it’s actually what the that stupid is thinking?”

‘Because he loves you and being stupid.’ Wonwoo swallowed back those words and stayed silent. He turned away the point of their talks. “Did you manage to have a talk with only two of you, Jihoon?” Jihoon scoffed.

“I never met him alone since he just dropped the bomb. , I don’t want to see him.”

“But you should have talk-”

“It’s too late.” Jihoon growled and jumped down from the tree. Wonwoo followed after. “It will be futile if I tried. He’s clearly not thinking when he just popped out my name to his parents and my parents heard of this. Because I know that the news went to the elders first before my parents. Do you think I can go against them when you know refusal of the order coming from the higher status is a big no?”

“But at least if you told Seungcheol about your view, he could-”

“I don’t want to waste my time. I will just take revenge at the right time.” Jihoon said with eyes full of anger. Wonwoo didn’t feel settled with the look. He sensed a dark aura emitted from Jihoon and he didn’t like it.

“Jihoon, what are you planning?”

“He’s dragging me into a big mess like this. I’m going to do the same.”

“Don’t tell me you’re going to break off the bond...”

“I’m considering it.”

“Jihoon!” Wonwoo frowned and held Jihoon to turn to him. “Come back to your sense! Break the bond will cause even greater problem to you. What happened with your thought of not going against the rule and order of higher status?” Wonwoo quoted back. Jihoon chuckled.

“Well, I partially follow it. At least, I will go through the marriage.” Jihoon said nonchalantly. Wonwoo frowned.

“Jihoon.”

“If there’s one day I need your help, I can count on you right?” Jihoon turned to Wonwoo.

“I will help as long as it’s the right thing. Look, Jihoon...”

“No worries, Wonwoo. I won’t endanger your life. Oh, and you’re invited tomorrow.” Jihoon smiled and bade a goodbye as he left. Wonwoo didn’t get to say anything else as Jihoon already left. He sighed.

Don’t do something stupid please...

 

 

“It’s time. I can’t believe now I’m sending you off. You’ve grown up so fast.” The mother gave a smile as she cupped her son’s face. “Thank you.”

“I don’t have other choice.” The son coldly said. The mother bit her lips.

“Jihoon.” Jihoon looked away. “Son, I know it’s too much for you already and I’m thankful that you...”

“Let’s not talk about it.” Jihoon said, stepping back as he avoided his mother. Mrs. Lee bit her lips once more, she knew Jihoon’s hurting. But she couldn’t do anything.

“It’s too much of me to ask but for sake of everyone and yourself, accept this marriage and him with your heart. I’m confident that you will be happy, Jihoon.” Mrs. Lee said. Jihoon didn’t say anything pretending that he didn’t hear anything.

Not long after, someone appeared at the door and called them out for the ceremony. They’re going to start the ritual witnessed by all the guests that already downstairs. The soon-to-be-wedded pair was going to come down from the second floor through the stairs on the left and right side of the wedding hall that specifically built for all weddings of Ace’s people.

The wedding march song started to fill the hall and it’s the cue. Jihoon in the white suit was walking arm in arm with his mother, down the left stairs. Opposite to him, Seungcheol also came down arm in arm with his mother. Seungcheol’s eyes fell on Jihoon and he smiled. Jihoon avoided looking at Seungcheol. The pair met at the last stairs, the mothers smiled to each other before connecting their sons’ hand together and ushered them to walk to the small stage in the middle of hall where the leader, Seungcheol’s father waited. Ace left the power of blessing a marriage to their leader, so that’s why Mr. Choi stood there as the priest. Seungcheol warmly held Jihoon’s hand as he led their walks to his father.

“Your Majesty of Ace.” The pair said simultaneously as they gave their respect to the leader. Jihoon had mastered the blank face he decided to use throughout this ceremony. Seungcheol was smiling happily. Mr. Choi smiled to them as he nodded.

“On this wonderful day, here before me, standing two entities that is going to be one throughout this ritual. I’m standing here to bestow you the blessing from above, uniting the agreed union of these two souls.” Mr. Choi started his blessing speech. He said a bit more before telling them to say the vows before putting the ring on the finger. Seungcheol was the first one to do so.

“With this ring,
no matter what the future holds,
as long as the universe allows,
the one which this ring is given,
I shall remain beside.”

Seungcheol said as he looked at Jihoon who looked at their hands. Seungcheol slowly sheathed the ring. As he put it on Jihoon, he whispered another vow that only fo

Please log in to read the full chapter