006

(BxB) Save the lost soul
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The lost soul[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Jihoon startled once he saw his father-in-law at his door. It’s just two days ago he met the man so he’s kind of questioning why his father-in-law was here. “Uh, I didn’t expect to see you, father. Come in.” Jihoon said after he gathered back himself. Mr. Choi nodded and stepped inside. Jihoon followed after he closed the door. “Are you coming for Seungcheol, father?”

“No, I want to meet you. I know Seungcheol is outside.” Mr. Choi said. Indeed, Jihoon said to himself. He just tried to make conversation, he knew there’s no need Mr. Choi to come here if he wanted to meet Seungcheol.

“Do you want some drink, father?” Jihoon asked as the man sat on the couch.

“No need. Come and sit.” Jihoon nodded and sat across the man. Mr. Choi took his time to start his words, while focusing his aura sensing. “Jihoon, can I trust you to answer me honestly?” Jihoon blinked before nodding absentmindedly. “With words, Jihoon.”

“Yes, father. I will.” Jihoon felt something not good will come from the man right now. He couldn’t help but gulped.

“Good.” Mr. Choi blasted out a barrier with his magic. Jihoon looked around. “I don’t want any of outsiders, moreover your guards heard our conversation.”

“Guards?” Jihoon muttered. Mr. Choi noticed Jihoon looked completely clueless. But he let this matter slide first and addressed his intention of coming here suddenly.

“I want to ask you Jihoon. Is it true… you’re not mating with Seungcheol?” Jihoon startled with that question but he gathered back himself.

“I… we…”

“You promise me truth, Lee Jihoon. This is an order from a royal blood.” Jihoon bit his lips.

“We… didn’t complete the marriage bond.” Jihoon finally said after he’s being threatened by Mr. Choi’s aura. The man was so determined to get the bottom of this that he slightly forced Jihoon to talk using his power and authorities. Mr. Choi allowed the younger male to continue his words. “I… the marriage, I have never agreed to it. But nothing I can do, I can’t say no because it’s a request coming from the royal blood, the leader. My parents even didn’t let me voice out my protest, they forced me…”

Mr. Choi sighed. Jihoon continued. “I… since I know Seungcheol, I never like his presence. I hate him because he’s annoying me and kept getting on my nerves. But I was arranged to be his playmate. Since the first met, I never see him in positive light. And having him naming me as his mate and how I was forced into this marriage bond, I hate him even more.” Jihoon paused. He was about to tell everything. Mr. Choi sensed his reluctant and forced Jihoon with his menacing aura. Jihoon relented and continued his words.

“That night, I lashed out on Seungcheol. I don’t want to do the mating. While I know Seungcheol needed that to be a powerful leader, I just… I don’t want to give myself to someone I hate.” Jihoon exhaled. “So Seungcheol proposed that we do blood oath which it will give similar effect like the full-mating. He said the blood oath is half-mating and got to be powerful even not completely. He will cover up with an illusion, so that we appeared as a fully mated couple. And I agreed because I know I can’t easily escape the marriage. He promised that he will figure out for cancelling the bond later and he asked me to stay with him, promised that he would never touch me more than necessary.”

Mr. Choi already stiffened right when Jihoon mentioned blood oath. He didn’t really register the rest of the words. He shakily stared at Jihoon in the eyes. “Blood oath, you say?”

Jihoon blinked and nodded. Mr. Choi gasped, shocked. Jihoon frowned. “Father, are you okay? I… I’m sorry that we’re lying but I...” Mr. Choi shook his head and got up. Jihoon got up as well.

“I won’t say anything to anyone about this. But you need to aware something.” Mr. Choi stared at Jihoon in the eyes. “Wake up before it’s too late. Realize it soon before we lost Seungcheol, son.” Jihoon frowned.

“What…?”

“I’m leaving first. You don’t need to send me to the door.” Mr. Choi said and walked to the door, the tone was upset. Jihoon was stunned there, eyes following after the leaving man. He couldn’t understand his father-in-law’s last words and also couldn’t get it out from his mind.

 

 

Seungcheol walked through the door after a long day. He couldn’t return home yesterday as there’s an emergency meeting by the K leader. He took the day off for today as he needed rest, and this was actually forced by his own father. His father came to the office earlier, seeing him like a zombie and scolded Seokmin a little for not letting Seungcheol rest. His second-in-command was scared when he got scolded, Seungcheol noticed but he felt numb.

Jihoon startled when the bedroom door opened. He was taking his cloth for today from the main bedroom, like usual. Seungcheol saw him and just casted a look before walking silently to the bathroom. Jihoon turned back to his task. While searching for his cloth, his father-in-law’s words crossed his mind. He had been disturbed by it since his father-in-law came but he had no one to talk about it. Like usual, he kept it to himself. Jihoon frowned.

“Before we lose Seungcheol, son.”

Jihoon was in his thought when Seungcheol came out from the bathroom. “I will be home today.” Jihoon blinked and turned.

“Oh, okay. I’m free today?” Seungcheol just nodded his head. “I might go out later.” Jihoon said and Seungcheol just nodded again without turning his eyes to Jihoon. Jihoon shrugged and left the room but his heart felt restless. He returned to his own room nevertheless.

Seungcheol lay himself down on the bed, regardless his wet hair. As the vampires are in a marriage, they will eventually sleep on a bed together. Even so, they still had their coffin. The coffin was somehow their safe place and it’s not usual to share it even between mated pairs. But Seungcheol didn’t take his coffin to the house. Only he knew why.

The cold edged Seungcheol from various part of his body. Seungcheol had his eyes closed looking serene but he’s nowhere calm. The cold he felt was shivering and terrifying, the hollow inside him had become bigger that he didn’t really feel a thing. He’s numb, even so there’s a burning pain inside of him. He kept losing himself to it. And involuntarily, he let himself drowned.

Jihoon was in front of his laptop after a bath. He was looking for a college or university to further his study. He was still undecided of what to study next but he’s sure that he couldn’t go too far from his community. Jihoon was browsing through and yet his head went back to the conversation with his father-in-law. He pondered on it.

Few days had passed, Jihoon did a lot of thinking since the meeting with Seungcheol’s father. The time he saw Seungcheol at the house as he didn’t have schedule that he needed to go with Seungcheol these days, he paid attention more on what Seungcheol did. There’s nothing weird. It had been normal between them since the marriage happened. If he compared before and after wedding, he noticed Seungcheol became a bit different but Jihoon thought that’s because now that guy was a leader so he changed accordingly to be more serious and less playful.

In his view, there’s nothing weird. But Mr. Choi’s words never left him. Just he didn’t understand what he needed to realize and why to wake up.

 

 

Today, Jihoon followed Seungcheol as they’re attending a wedding in Horn community. Kirin’s sister was getting married and they had been invited. As usual, Jihoon had his hand in Seungcheol’s and the same smile they had to show. Kirin greeted the couple at the entrance when they arrived. Politely, Jihoon greeted Kirin who was a royal blood even though he knew Kirin as Seungcheol’s friend. Seungcheol gave nod and exchanged pleasantries with his old friend. Jihoon stood next to him, watching over the two talking. Jihoon frowned slightly when he noticed the face Seungcheol had while talking. There’s no glint that he usually saw when Seungcheol talked to someone who closed to him. At that moment, Jihoon tried to remember Seungcheol’s interaction with others.

“Are you not going to enter?” Jihoon startled when someone talked next to him. Jihoon noticed Josh standing beside him with his wife. He quickly gave his bow to them. Josh just smiled. He always told Jihoon not to be too polite as he’s Seungcheol’s partner now but Jihoon never did so moreover when they’re in public.

“Nice to meet you again. It had been a while.” Josh said. Jihoon nodded in agreement. Josh looked over Jihoon. “Seungcheol, you’re letting Jihoon lonely here.” Seungcheol turned at the call of his name. His eyes fell on Jihoon who turned to him. The Ace leader smiled lightly and moved closer to Jihoon.

“I’m sorry.” Seungcheol said. Jihoon nodded, he’s frowning inside. Those words, those eyes, it’s empty and cold. For the first time, the usual look he knew felt so weird and wrong. Seungcheol placed his arm around Jihoon and led him inside as Kirin welcomed them inside together with Josh and his wife. Jihoon just followed, the touch felt wrong and foreign. There’s nothing change… except something that egging his feelings at the moment. The rest of the wedding went in a blur for Jihoon. He was thinking hard but getting nowhere. He knew he needed to meet his father-in-law.

 

 

Mr. Choi calmly looked up when someone he expected appeared in his working room. He had been sensing the familiar aura. He just offered a light smile and welcomed him to sit down. “Your mother will bring some tea. You want to wait for it first or…” Mr. Choi asked after he’s seated.

“Let’s have a tea together with mother later.”

“Okay, it’s up to you, Jihoon.” Mr. Choi said. Jihoon fidgeted with his fingers before looking up to his father-in-law.

“I don’t know but I think you have the answer for my questions.” Mr. Choi hummed. “Why you said I need to wake up? What did I need to realize? And why we will lose Seungcheol?”

“Did you give a thought on that last question?”

Jihoon stayed silent for a while. Mr. Choi continued. “Have you realize something is not right with him?” Jihoon looked up to him. Mr. Choi looked at Jihoon. “I think you found something, that’s why you’re here.”

Jihoon bit his lips. “Seungcheol… I don’t know. I never noticed but when I think back,

Please log in to read the full chapter