Chapter 8

Wrong Number

Seungwan slowly opened her eyes and began to stretch, only to find that her arm was stuck.  She looked over and almost gasped at the sight of Joohyun.  She looked absolutely beautiful with her eyes closed peacefully and a small smile on her face.  Seungwan then looked to her other side and found Kimchi curled up in a little ball.  She smiled, but her smile suddenly dropped when she saw the time on Joohyun’s clock.

 

“.”

 

She was going to be so late for class, and she can’t be late since she’s already missed class too many times. Seungwan gently slid Joohyun off of her arm and got off of the bed.  She then ran into the bathroom to clean up a bit.

 

“I can’t believe I didn’t wash up last night.” She huffed as she looked into the mirror “I have to stop at home, no way I’m going to class like this.” Seungwan left the bathroom and went to the apartment’s front door before pausing.  “I shouldn’t just leave like this...”

 


 

When Joohyun woke up she almost had a heart attack because of the cat that was right in front of her face.  She jumped out of bed with a scream, wondering why there was a cat in her bed.  Joohyun quickly recalled the events from last night, remembering that Seungwan named the cat Kimchi.  Her thoughts then drifted to Seungwan.  Where is she?

 

Joohyun left her room in search of the younger girl, but instead was met with a wonderful smell.  She reached the kitchen to find breakfast waiting for her, and beside it was a note that read: Sorry for leaving, I had to go to class.  Be nice to Kimchi, I’ll be back later to deal with him.  Enjoy breakfast beautiful!

 

Joohyun smiled brightly, her girlfriend was really something special.  Girlfriend, Joohyun giggled at the revelation that she was now dating Seungwan.  She has never been this infatuated with her past boyfriends, so the feeling was completely new to her.

 

Joohyun quickly ate the wonderful breakfast that Seungwan made, then showered and got dressed for the day.  As she was doing her makeup she got a call from her mother, which wasn’t unusual.

 

“Hello?” Joohyun answered quickly, since her mother always got mad if the phone rang for too long.

 

“Sweetie!  How are you?”

 

“I’m good.  How about you?”

 

Joohyun’s mother sighed before responding “Well, I’d be better if you were here...”

 

“What wrong Mom?” Joohyun was slightly worried since her mom was always in a good mood.

 

“It’s been so long since you visited!  And since it’s getting close to Christmas I thought you might mention that you’ll be coming to see us, but you haven’t yet.”

 

It has been a long time since she visited Daegu.  Maybe this year she’d go to see her parents.  “I actually do want to see you and Daddy.  I’m going to see if I can get some time off of work.”

 

“Aww perfect!  I can’t wait to see you!  Maybe you can bring a special someone too...”

 

Joohyun froze, unable to speak.  She’d have to tell her parents about Seungwan eventually, but was she ready?

 

Joohyun’s mother seemed to sense her daughter’s discomfort, so she quickly added “Or any of your friends!  We’d love to meet who’s been keeping our daughter company in that big city.”

 

“Of course Mom, I’ll think about it.”

 

Joohyun then finished up the call with her Mother, glad that she didn’t pry too much into her love life.  She quickly finished her makeup then rushed to work, not wanting to be late.

 


 

Joohyun arrived on time and quickly sat at her desk, ready to begin work.  Joohyun worked as a costumer service associate, which meant she took a bunch of calls from angry customers.  She didn’t want to be yelled at forever of course, but Joohyun wasn’t quite sure what she wanted to do, which is why she was stuck here.

 

I’m between calls she would text Seungwan, who was in class but apparently not paying attention.  Joohyun filled Seungwan in on what her job was like and even recounted some of the worst calls she had gotten.  The younger girl would always reply with something funny, making Joohyun giggle and caused her coworkers to look over in question.  Texting Seungwan made the day go by quicker, and before she knew it Joohyun was clocking out.

 

When she reached her apartment she found Seungwan sitting by her door waiting patiently.  It was surprising to see the younger girl there, but it made her happy nonetheless.

 

“Seungwan?” She called out, catching the other girl’s attention.

 

“Joohyun!” Seungwan stood up and flashed a smile “How was work?”

 

Joohyun unlocked her door before responding, allowing Seungwan to enter her apartment.  “Not too bad.  How was school?”

 

“Boring.  But that’s okay because now I’m here.” Seungwan smiled again as Joohyun giggled at her cheesiness.

 

Joohyun then noticed the absence of the cat.  “Where’s Kimchi?”

 

“Aww, you like my name for him?” Seungwan laughed as she looked around the apartment, but Kimchi was no where to be found. “Did you leave a window open?”

 

“Yes...” Joohyun immediately realized her mistake “I just wanted to make sure he got some fresh air...”

 

Seungwan noticed Joohyun’s sad tone so she decided to embrace the older girl.  “It’s okay, he was a stray anyways, he’ll be fine.  Who know’s, maybe he’ll even come back.”

 

Seungwan pulled away and laughed at Joohyun’s pout.  “I thought you didn’t like him anyways?”

 

“You named him and then I got attached, so this is your fault.” Joohyun hit Seungwan’s arm playfully, which caused the younger girl to laugh.  Joohyun soon joined in because of Seungwan’s infectious laughter.

 

“Are you hungry?” Seungwan suddenly asked, holding up a bag of what Joohyun guessed was ingredients.

 

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that?  You’re my guest after all.”

 

Seungwan shook her head then walked to the kitchen.  “Nah, you had a long day at work!  I wanna help you relax, so being the good girlfriend that I am, I’m going to cook you some dinner.”  Seungwan flashed a charming smile at Joohyun before unloading her bag of ingredients.

 

Joohyun thought the gesture was sweet, but she didn’t want Seungwan to do all of the work.  “At least let me help you.  I want to learn how to cook more, I only really know how to make soup...”

 

Seungwan laughed and waved Joohyun over “Sure, let the master chef teach you how it’s done.”

 

The couple spent about 2 hours cooking due to them messing around, but they enjoyed themselves.  After eating they settled down on Joohyun’s couch to watch a movie.  It took a while, but Seungwan eventually relented and agreed to watch Joohyun’s favorite, The Notebook.  The two of them cuddled throughout the duration of the movie, and no one made a move to get up as the credits started rolling.

 

“Seungwan?”

 

Seungwan hummed as a reply, waiting for Joohyun to ask her question.

 

“My parents want me to head over to Daegu for Christmas...” Joohyun started nervously.

 

“Oh yeah?” Seungwan seemed to miss Joohyun’s nervousness. “Sounds nice.”

 

“Yeah...” Joohyun didn’t want to just outright ask the younger girl, but it seemed like she had no choice.  “I was wondering if you’d like to come with me?”

 

Seungwan looked surprised and Joohyun didn’t blame her, after all, they’ve only been dating for a day.  “Are you sure?”

 

Seungwan was probably thinking that Joohyun wanted to introduce her girlfriend to her parents, but that was not necessarily the case.  “I don’t know if I’m going to tell them that I’m dating you are not, but I want you with me regardless.  I hope that’s not too selfish of me...”

 

Seungwan tightened her hold on Joohyun, rubbing her back comfortingly.  “It’s not, I completely understand.  You should tell your parents when you’re ready.”

 

“So, you’ll come?” Joohyun asked hopefully.

 

Seungwan showed Joohyun another dazzling smile before responding “Of course.”



AN: Hello everyone! I'm extremely sorry for my absence, but this was completely out of my control.

My computer had broken!  So I was unable to update until I got new one.

Luckily, I got a new one :) 

I hope this chapter was worth the wait!