Chapter 1

Wrong Number
  • Everybody was on the streets tonight in celebration of... well, Joohyun wasn’t actually too sure.  Some sort of local, last minute festival was occurring in the streets,  and her blind date had decided that it was the perfect place to meet up.  

  • Joohyun was scared of blind dates to begin with, but after this incident she doesn’t think she will go on one ever again.  The guy, although attractive, turned out to be a total creep.  After about 10 minutes of chatting, he thought it was appropriate to Joohyun’s , which she obviously didn’t agree with.  Joohyun then decided it was time to end the date, but her date, Park Bogum, refused to let her go.  Which resulted in her running away, as if she was being chased.  Literally.  In her rushed panic she attempted to call her parents or any of her friends, but only succeeded in locking her stupid phone.  That led her to take a break from running in a telephone booth. 

  • She quickly typed in her father’s phone number, the only one she bothered to remember, as she breathed heavily.  When she heard the line connect, she didn’t even wait for her father’s voice before she started explaining her situation.

  • “Daddy!  Oh I’m so glad you answered, I’m sorry it’s late but I’m scared!  I’m at the festival I told you about, and I’m sorry for not mentioning this part but it was actually a date.  The guy turned out to be a jerk so I ran away but I’m so scared Daddy!  I know you’re in Deagu obviously but I don’t know what to do!  Please help...”

  • “Uh...” A females voice filled the phone line.  “Wrong number?”

  • Joohyun’s eyes widened, had she gotten the number wrong?  Her memory has never been that good.

  • “You’re at a festival in Seoul right?  By the xxx neighborhood?”

  • Joohyun was surprised the girl hadn’t hung up yet.  Pleasantly surprised of course. “Ah, yes I am.  Sorry to bother you, I’m-“

  • “That guy still following you?”

  • “Honestly, I’m not sure.”  Joohyun looked around, searching for his face, but there was so many people in the streets.  “I’m scared...” she found herself saying, to a complete stranger nonetheless.

  • “Where are you?  I’m nearby so I’ll come help you out, it’s not safe to be out here alone.”

  • Joohyun audibly sighed in relief.  Even though it was a complete stranger, she found herself comforted by her voice.  After telling the stranger her location, the girl told her to stay on the line until she got there.  

  • Suddenly Joohyun heard a knock on the glass of the phone booth, she turned expecting to see the stranger, but instead locked eyes with Bogum.  As he opened the door she dropped the phone with a gasp.

  • “Why did you run?”  

  • Joohyun couldn’t respond, she was too scared.  She backed up into the corner as she watched Bogum get closer. He opened his mouth to speak, but before he could say anything a hand on his shoulder violently turned him around.  Behind him stood a girl, not much taller than Joohyun, with a deadly look in her eyes. 

  • “Just leave the girl alone.” Joohyun recognized the voice as the stranger’s from the phone.

  • Bogum didn’t look too scared.  In fact, he stepped forward to challenge her.  “What are you gonna do about it?” He was probably drunk.

  • And apparently so was the stranger, because she decided to do something about it.  Before Bogum could even react, the stranger’s right hand had connected with his jaw, sending him to the ground.  The stranger then quickly grabbed Joohyun’s hand and began to run. She took Joohyun inside one of the less crowded restaurants before finally stopping.  After they caught their breath, the girl started to laugh.

  • “Aw man, that guy looked mad!  Haha he even fell down!” She began to laugh again, before looking up and facing Joohyun.  “Ahh, sorry about that.  Might’ve gotten a little carried away.  My name is Seungwan by the way.”

  • Seungwan’s charming smile made Joohyun blush, but she was able to introduce herself without stuttering (thankfully).  “I’m Joohyun.  Thank you so much for helping me, I’m not quite sure how to repay you.”

  • “Oh, don’t worry about it, I-“

  • “Please, I insist.”  Joohyun was determined to pay Seungwan back for her selfless act of kindness.  This women decided to go out of her way for a complete stranger, and that completely blew Joohyun away.  

  • Seungwan thought for a moment before answering.  “Well, now that I’ve ditched my friends, I’m kinda alone so,” she grinned before continuing “you could repay me by hanging out with me tonight.”

  • Joohyun was at the festival all alone, and Bogum might still be looking for her, so it was either go home or enjoy the night with this kind stranger.  The answer was obvious.

  • “I’d love to.”  Joohyun shyly smiled, which was returned by an even brighter smile from Seungwan.  

  • “Well then, have you had dinner yet?”


  • AN: Hey everyone! I hope you liked the first chapter! I know it's kind of short but it felt like perfect place to end the first chapter :) I'm gonna update at least once a week, but it'll probably be more like every other day! Thanks everyone, please stay tuned!