Chapter 2

Wrong Number

They decided to eat dinner at the restaurant that they had run into, much to Joohyun’s delight.  She didn’t realize it before, but she was actually really hungry, she’s just glad her stomach didn’t make any embarrassing noises.  As they reached their table, Seungwan quickly pulled out the chair for Joohyun, which surprised her.

 

“My my, what manners you have.” They both laughed at Joohyun’s comment “You honestly act like quite the gentleman.”

 

Seungwan blushed heavily, trying to cover it up with a cough.  “Ah well, I used to study in Canada so I picked up some common courtesies.”

 

“Wow really?” Joohyun had always wanted to study abroad, so finding out that Seungwan had really interested her.  “What was it like?”

 

Seungwan thought for a moment before answering “I loved the area and the friends that I made, but I ended up missing my family too much.  After high school I quickly came back here instead of going to college in Canada.”

 

“How long were you there?” Joohyun asked, suddenly very curious with Seungwan.

 

“Since 5th grade so, about 7 years..”

 

Joohyun’s eyes widened in surprise “Woah!  That’s a long time!  I can understand why you’d miss your parents.”

 

“Yeah, funny thing is, they actually moved to Canada.”  Seungwan began to laugh at Joohyun’s confused expression. “Don’t worry, I don’t miss them too much any more.”

 

The two continued to talk throughout dinner, enjoying each other’s company greatly.  As Seungwan finished paying the check, Joohyun was sad that she’d have to say goodbye soon.

 

Seungwan seemed to notice Joohyun’s sad expression, and grabbed her hand to comfort her.  “What’s wrong?” She asked, giving Joohyun’s hand a gentle squeeze.

 

“I don’t want this night to end...” she said it in a quiet voice, but Seungwan heard her loud and clear.

 

“Who said our night has to be over?”

 

Joohyun looked up to see Seungwan’s gentle gaze and her blinding smile.  Her positive energy was infectious, causing the corners of Joohyun’s lips to curl up in a smile.  

 

“Where should we go?” Seungwan asked, happy that Joohyun wanted to stay with her just as much as she wanted to stay with Joohyun.

 

“Anywhere.”


 

Seungwan had decided to take Joohyun to a local arcade, it was mostly empty due to the festival.  Seungwan personally loved the arcade, and hoped Joohyun would too.

 

“So, think you can beat me in air hockey?” Seungwan asked teasingly.  Little did she know, there was a competitive fire inside Joohyun.

 

“You are so on.”

 

After 5 games, Seungwan finally accepted defeat.  She hated losing, but she loved how cute Joohyun looked when she got excited at winning, so Seungwan might have let her win a couple of times..

 

“Can we play one of the racing games?”

 

The gleam in Joohyun’s eyes made Seungwan smile.  “Sure, why not.”

 

As they played the game, it became apparent that Joohyun wasn’t as good at this game as she was at air hockey.

 

“Ah!” Joohyun shrieked as her car hit the wall again, slowing it down.  “I can’t finish in 5th place!”

 

Seungwan laughed as she crossed the finish line, her screen displaying “WINNER” as Joohyun’s displayed “5TH PLACE.”  The pout on Joohyun’s face made Seungwan smile warmly, she’s just too cute!

 

“Want something from the claw machine? I’m pretty good at that too.”  Seungwan smirked as Joohyun’s face lit up.  She HAD to win something for the girl.

 

The pair walked up to one of the claw machines and Joohyun immediately started pointing “That one!  Can you get that one?”

 

She was pointing at a cartoonish looking hamster, it was pretty cute but looked difficult to get.  But the look on Joohyun’s face told Seungwan that she needed to get that hamster for her.  “Of course.  Just give me a sec.”

 

10 tries later, Seungwan had finally gotten the hamster.  As soon as she presented it to Joohyun, the girl started jumping in joy.

 

“Thank you! Aww it’s so adorable!  You know, it kind of reminds me of you.”  

 

Joohyun giggled at Seungwan’s obvious blush, the girl coughed (again) to hide it.  “Thanks, but I think you lo-“

 

“Wendy!  There you are!” Seungwan whipped her head around to see who suddenly called her.  Her eyes flashed in recognition as she saw a pair of girls.

 

“Joy!  Seulgi!  Sorry for not coming back to find you!”

 

Joohyun saw the pair of taller girls and froze at their beauty.  Both had long legs, and beautiful facial features.  She took a look at the mono-lidded girl who Seungwan had addressed as Seulgi, and was immediately reminded of a bear (a really kind looking bear).  She then looked over at the taller of the two, Joy, only to find that she was staring right back at her with mischief in her eyes.

 

“Is this the girl on the phone?” Joy asked, not taking her eyes off Joohyun.  “She’s pretty.”

 

“Ah, thank you...” Joohyun spoke barely above a whisper, since Joy was quite intimidating.

 

“Yeah she is.” Seungwan answered, not realizing Joohyun’s discomfort.  “Her name is Joohyun.”

 

"Yeah she is pretty? Or..." Joy smirked and Seungwan began to blush.

 

"No! I meant she was the one on the phone! N-not that she isn't pretty or anything! She's-"

 

"Oh calm down I was only teasing." Joy gave Joohyun a quick wink before finishing.

 

Seulgi then stepped forward, her kind eye smile putting Joohyun at ease.  “Hi, I’m Seulgi and this is Joy!”

 

Joohyun smiled back at the girl before replying “It’s nice to meet you too.  Sorry for stealing Seungwan away.”

 

The two girls started laughing uncontrollably as the blush on Seungwan’s face grew.

 

“Oh my gosh, Seungwan?” Joy paused to laugh again before continuing “Hey Seungwan don’t forget to protect me too!”

 

“Why did you tell her that name silly?” Seulgi asked, tears forming in her eyes because the girl found it hilarious.

 

Seungwan’s blush grew as she shrugged. She began rubbing the back of her neck, the poor girl was obviously embarrassed.

 

“Wendy is your other name?” Joohyun finally spoke up, causing Seungwan’s head to snap in her direction.

 

Seungwan nodded before adding “It was my English name back in Canada.”

 

“So which do you prefer I call you?”

 

Seungwan smiled “Seungwan is fine.”

 

The two other girls began squealing, surprising Joohyun.

 

“Oh shut up you two.”

 

“Fine, fine.” Joy said as she caught her breath “Let’s go somewhere together you guys!”

 

“Yeah!” Seulgi practically yelled, she was probably tipsy “we should go to karaoke!”

 

Seungwan looked towards Joohyun, slightly unsure, but when she saw the other girl’s excited smile she had no doubts.

“Alright, let go.”


AN: Hey guys! Im back with another chapter!  

Thank you guys so much for subscribing and for the upvotes!

The formating on the website is a little weird so sometimes it messes up spacing between paragraphs and such,

so if a chapter ever looks weird just wait a couple minutes cause I'll probably have it fixed by then :)

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!