Chapter 4

Wrong Number

Joohyun had woken up slowly, gently opening her eyes before she recalled what happened last night.  She smiled as she realized she fell asleep texting Seungwan, her phone still in her left hand.  Joohyun checked her phone and found two unread messages, both from Seungwan.  

 

Wannie: Are you asleep?

 

Wannie: haha I guess you are, sweet dreams hyun :)

 

Joohyun’s smile grew as she read the messages, just the thought of Seungwan made her heart flutter.  She began to mull over that fact, because this would be the first time Joohyun has had these kind of feelings for a girl... but she was so sure of what she felt.  It was obvious to Joohyun that she had a crush on Seungwan, there was no doubt.  The girl was kind, charming, and quite attractive.  Before she realized it, Joohyun began daydreaming about the other girl.  The only thing that snapped her out of her daydream was the ringing of her phone.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Joohyun-ah, how was that blind date you were telling me about?”  Of course her mom would call about the date, she almost regrets telling her.

 

“Ah, well, the guy wasn’t as nice as my friend said... but I did meet some other friends!”

 

“Oh good!  At least something good came out of it, right?” Her mom couldn’t be more right, something amazing came out of last night.

 

“Yeah, definitely.  Hey Mom, can I ask you something?”

 

“Of course dear, what is it?”

 

“Did Daddy change his number?  I tried calling last night and-“

 

“Oh I told him!” Joohyun’s mom suddenly interrupted “I’m so sorry dear!  He must’ve forgotten to tell you! Oh did you end up talking to some stranger? I’m sorry...”

 

Joohyun laughs before replying “Don’t worry Mom, I’m actually glad it happened.  Can you just have him text me or something so I can have his new number?”

 

“Of course honey.  I gotta go, there’s a lot of work to do in the shop!  Love you!”

 

“Love you!” Joohyun quickly said, right before her mother hung up.

 

After the phone call with her mom Joohyun decided to text Seungwan good morning, then proceeded to go through her morning routine.  It wasn’t until she was eating breakfast that she got a reply from Seungwan.

 

Wannie: Good morning!  How did you sleep?

 

Hyunnie: I slept surprising well given how late it was.  How about you?

 

Wannie: aw man as soon as you went to sleep I crashed!  I just now woke up haha

 

Joohyun bit her lip as she tried to gather up the courage to ask the other girl to hang out.  It wasn’t like she was asking her out on a date or anything, but Joohyun was just a naturally shy person.  But for Seungwan, she figured she could try and step out of her comfort zone.

 

Hyunnie: So got any plans today?

 

As soon as Joohyun hit send her courage disappeared, turning into panic.  Luckily Seungwan’s response came quickly, easing Joohyun’s racing heart.

 

Wannie: not really, I was just planning on working out then being lazy the rest of the day :P did you wanna hang out?

 

Joohyun was glad that Seungwan was the one to ask, it made everything much easier.  

 

Hyunnie: Yeah, can we? I really wanna see you|

 

No, that’s too strong...right?

 

Hyunnie: Yeah, can we? I really wanna see yo|

 

Hyunnie: Yeah, can we? I really wanna se|

 

Hyunnie: Yeah, can we? I really wanna |

 

What would be better?  Oh gosh, why is this so hard...

 

Hyunnie: Yeah, can we? I really wanna hang out.

 

That’s better.  Not too strong, but not uninterested either.  At least, that’s what she hoped it looked like.  Joohyun couldn’t recall a time when she had an actual crush, so this was all very new to her.  Sure, she had dating before, but those guys went after her and she agreed simply to give them a chance.  She never feared giving them the wrong impression because it really didn’t matter to her.  But with Seungwan it’s different, she doesn’t want to mess up.

 

Wannie: Of course!  I really wanna see you again :) I miss you all ready T-T

 

Joohyun’s heart rate sped up as she read the very words that she was afraid to say.  It made the butterflies in her stomach soar and her lips stretch into a smile.

 

Wannie: wanna meet at my place first?  Then we can figure out whatever we are doing there

 

Hyunnie: Sure!  When and where?

 

Wannie: I wanna work out and shower first, so is 1:00 pm ok?  Also here’s my address: xxxxxxxx

 

Hyunnie: 1:00 pm is perfect, I’ll see you then.

 

Joohyun thought for a moment before deciding to send one more message.

 

Hyunnie: :)

 

Joohyun spent almost 2 hours getting ready, wanting to look perfect for Seungwan.  It wasn’t even a date, but she still wanted Seungwan’s eyes on her.  She wore a short pink skirt to show off her legs, and a cute white sweater due to the cold.  Joohyun decided to wear her hair down, and wore light makeup as always.  After she was satisfied, Joohyun left and took the bus to the address Seungwan gave her.

 

It was about a 15 minute bus ride to Seungwan’s apartment.  As soon as Joohyun reached Seungwan’s apartment number she knocked, excited to see the other girl.  When the door opened, Joohyun saw Seungwan’s eyes widen.

 

“Wow, you look...” Seungwan’s eyes traveled down Joohyun’s body before snapping back to her eyes.  She coughed before finishing her sentence “cute.  You look very cute.”

 

Joohyun blushed and averted her eyes downward, but immediately regretted it.  She didn’t realize it before, but Seungwan was still in her workout clothes, which consisted of a sports bra and sweatpants.  What caught Joohyun’s eye was Seungwan’s abs, well defined and on full display.  She gulped before looking back up at Seungwan’s eyes, luckily the other girl didn’t seem to notice.

 

“Sorry, I haven’t showered yet.  Come on in, I promise I’ll be quick.”

 

Seungwan showed Joohyun to the living room before heading to the bathroom to shower.  Joohyun found herself exploring Seungwan’s apartment, specifically looking and photos framed.  Just as she was going to pick one picture up for closer inspection, a voice startled her.

 

“So you’re Joohyun-unnie?”

 

Joohyun jumped before turning to face the girl who had spoken.  She looked younger, probably in her teens, and very pretty.  The girl looked nice enough, but Joohyun recognized the glint in her eyes as mischief. Warily Joohyun responded “Yes... I’m Joohyun... And you are?”

 

The girl’s smile grew, or rather her smirk grew.  “You can call me Yeri.  So Unnie, what do you think about Wendy-unnie?”

 

Joohyun opened to respond, but Yeri spoke again without warning. “I can tell you what she thinks about you.”

 

Now that got Joohyun interested.  Although the girl looked like a little devil in disguise, it looked like she was looking to embarrass Seungwan, not Joohyun.  “Oh?  And what does she think about me?”

 

Joohyun could’ve sworn she saw Yeri’s eye sparkle before she opened , but she was promptly silence by Seungwan’s booming voice.

“I see you’ve met Yeri!  My sweet little Satan!”

 

Joohyun giggled as Yeri pouted.  They exchanged eye contact, a silent promise to continue the conversation later.  

Seungwan threw her arm around Yeri’s neck, something the young girl clearly didn’t enjoy.  “I hope she didn’t scare you off Joohyun.”

Joohyun shook her head “Of course not.  I didn’t know you had a roommate.  Oh old is she?”

“Ah yeah, she’s a close friend, I kind of take care of her now.  She’s almost 18 now.”

Before the conversation could continue, Yeri interrupted “Well, as much as I’d love to stay and chat, I’ve got plans.”  She removed Seungwan’s arm from around her neck before excusing herself “See you later Wendy-unnie, nice meeting you Joohyun-unnie.”

 

“Well,” Seungwan started, breaking the silence that came with Yeri’s departure “I’m ready to go if you are.”

 

“Where are we going?”

 

Seungwan flashed Joohyun a charming smile “I’ve got something planned.”


AN: Sorry it took so long to update!

School usually isn't a problem, but I got busy last week :(

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)