Chapter 11

Wrong Number

Joohyun and Seungwan went straight from the train station to the airport.  It was crazy how quickly Seungwan was able to get them tickets and onto a flight.  As the couple walked onto the plane, they were directed to the first class section.

 

“Wait a second...” Joohyun pulled out her ticket, and saw that it was indeed a first class ticket.  “Seungwan, what-“

 

“Shhh it’s my treat.”

 

Seungwan smiled charmingly, and Joohyun swore she saw the flight attendant swoon.  Joohyun then took Seungwan’s arm, pressing it close to her chest.  She might have been a little jealous.

 

“Thanks Wannie, you’re the sweetest.”

 

The couple then sat down at their seats, which looked quite luxurious.  This was the first time Joohyun had ever flown first class, but it seemed as if Seungwan wasn’t new to this.

 

“I can’t wait for you to meet my parents.”

 

Joohyun smiled warmly at Seungwan, grabbing the younger girl’s hand and intertwining their fingers.  “Me too.  Plus, I’ve never been out of Korea before.”

 

“Oh yeah!” Seungwan seemed even more excited than before “I’m going to show you the best places in Toronto!  Well, it’s really not that amazing but-“

 

“Just being with you will be amazing.”

 

Seungwan leaned over and gave Joohyun’s lips a quick peck, enjoying the blush that covered her girlfriend’s cheeks.  “Thank you, love.”

 

The flight was long, but very comfortable since they were in first class.  They slept for a while, ate a nice meal, and before they knew it, the couple landed in Canada.  It was dark and quite cold, so the two girls rushed to grab their things and hail a cab.

 

Once in the cab, Seungwan told the driver her address, then began rubbing Joohyun’s arms in an attempt to warm the older girl up.

 

“How long till we get to your house?” Joohyun asked as she leaned into Seungwan’s touch.

 

“15 minutes?  Not much longer than that.”  Seungwan looked thoughtful for a moment, then randomly said “My parents will be surprised.” Seungwan laughed and failed to notice Joohyun’s horrified expression.

 

“You didn’t tell them?!”

 

“No, I wanted it to be a surprise.” Seungwan laughed again, then hugged Joohyun tight.  “Don’t worry love, my parents enjoy surprises, it’ll be fine.”

 

“I don’t want to impose... what if they don’t have a room ready?”

 

“Trust me, they’ll have a room ready.”

 

Joohyun was starting to feel a bit curious, since Seungwan was so sure of everything and seemed to have enough money to afford luxuries.  It wasn’t until they pulled up to Seungwan’s house did she realize why.

 

“Well, you family seems... well off..”

 

The house was large, not obnoxiously so but the family clearly had a nice amount of money.  Joohyun estimated around five bedrooms on the upper level, probably three bathrooms inside the house, and they for sure had a nice kitchen too.  

 

“Yeah, surprise!  Haha...” Seungwan chuckled awkwardly before hopping  out of the cab to grab their bags.  “Sorry I didn’t mention my family’s company.”

 

“Company?” It was then that she connected the dots.  Her girlfriend’s last name was Son, and Son was a very large company that was the best at what it does, which Joohyun believed was the marketing of upcoming brands.

 

“Son Corps.!  I just realized... Couldn’t your family own a mansion then?”

 

Seungwan laughed at Joohyun’s question “Yeah, but I guess we prefer a more homey vibe.  Not that this is homey, but I guess it’s better than a mansion.”

 

Joohyun detected a slight negative tone in Seungwan’s voice.  Perhaps she didn’t like her family’s large house? 

 

“Come on, it’s freezing.”

 

Seungwan brought their things to the front door with Joohyun trailing behind her.  She immediately rang the doorbell, then looked back at Joohyun to flash a reassuring smile.   Before long the front door opened, revealing a women not much older than the two girls.

 

“Seungwan! What a surprise!”

 

“Seunghee!”  Seungwan quickly hugged the other girl who bore a striking resemblance to her.

 

The older girl, Seunghee from what Joohyun had heard, looked at Joohyun over Seungwan’s shoulder.  She smirked before breaking the hug with Seungwan.

 

“Is this your girlfriend?”

 

Seungwan blushed before nodding.  “Joohyun, this is my older sister Seunghee.  Seunghee, this is my girlfriend Joohyun.”

 

Joohyun could tell that Seunghee was older than her, so she chose her introduction carefully.  “Nice to meet you Unnie, I’m Joohyun.” She bowed slightly, only to be pulled into a hug.

 

“Sorry Joohyun-ssi, we only do hugs around here!” She squeezed Joohyun tight, causing Seungwan to laugh.

 

“When did you get such a hot girlfriend?” Seunghee asked in English, so Joohyun couldn’t understand.

 

Seungwan smiled smugly before shrugging.  “It’s cold, so let us in already.”

 

Seunghee opened the front door wider and let the two girls into the house.  “Mom and Dad aren’t home right now by the way.”

 

“I’m actually surprised you’re here.” Seungwan commented as she carried the luggage up the stairs.  “What brings you to Canada?”

 

“Unlike you,” Seunghee started, pointing a finger at her younger sister “I visit our parents regularly.”

 

Seungwan chuckled, and Joohyun thinks that she would be rubbing the back of her neck if her hands were free. “Well I’ve been busy with school, you know that.”

 

Seunghee hummed before walking off, Joohyun guessed towards the kitchen.  Joohyun then followed Seungwan up the stairs and to her room.  It was probably the smallest room in the house, but was definitely larger than Joohyun’s when she was growing up.  The walls seemed bare, which made Joohyun believe that Seungwan took everything she owned when she moved to Korea.

 

Joohyun sat on the bed, watching as Seungwan unpacked her stuff.  “You grew up here?” she asked, genuinely interested.

 

“Not at this house, we moved into this house when I was in high school.”

 

Seungwan didn’t elaborate, so Joohyun didn’t push the topic further.  “I can’t wait to meet your parents.”

 

That seemed to get Seungwan’s attention, as she looked over and smiled at Joohyun.

 

“Me too.”

 

Seungwan got up and sat right next to Joohyun.  She brought up her hand to cup Joohyun’s cheek, then leaned in to kiss her slowly.  When they parted, Seungwan rested her forehead on Joohyun’s.

 

“Thank you.” She whispered, her eyes dripping with affection.  

 

“Of course.”

 


AN: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

I would like to thank everyone for the support, I love reading everyone's comments!

See you guys in the next chapter!