Chapter 12

Wrong Number

After the couple finished unpacking, Seungwan decided to give Joohyun a tour of the house they would be staying in.  Joohyun thought the house was beautiful, and definitely as big as she originally thought, but it didn’t seem like a home Seungwan would spend spare time in.  She had imagined Seungwan’s house to be homey, but this house lacked that feeling.  Perhaps her old house had more of a homey feel to it, and maybe that’s one of the reasons why Seungwan didn’t visit much.

 

“Seungwan?  Can you tell me more about your old house?” Joohyun asked as they walked the halls.

 

“Sure.” Seungwan smiled as she pulled Joohyun to sit down by a window.  “Well, remember how I mentioned that I came here before my parents?”

 

“Yeah, but after high school you moved back to Korea because you missed them.”

 

Seungwan nodded her head with a smile, glad that Joohyun remembered.  “Right.  Well, I came here with my sister originally.  My parents paid for everything, but it was just the two of us, so we got a small two bedroom house that was close to our schools.  It was very-“

 

“Homey?”

 

Seungwan chuckled “Exactly.  It was very homey.  I loved that place so much, but during my Junior year in high school our parents insisted on getting a bigger house, claiming that they would start to visit and that we deserved better.  I know they meant well, and my sister loved moving here, but I missed the memories in our little house.”

 

Joohyun smiled sympathetically, squeezing Seungwan’s hand as a show of comfort.

 

“It’s fine, I mean I moved back to Korea a year and a half later.  Now I live in a cozy apartment with Yerim.  And I can call that place truly mine since I pay for it.”  Seungwan’s proud smile expressed just how happy she was living in Korea.

 

“I’m glad your happy in Korea.” Joohyun said simply, giving a small but sweet smile.

 

“Of course, after all, you’re there.” Seungwan’s comment was paired with a smile so charming that it made Joohyun blush.

 

“Why are you so greasy!” Joohyun hit Seungwan’s arm for good measure, but the younger girl only laughed in response.

 

“Hey you two, I hope I’m not interrupting.” Seunghee stood a short distance away, smirking at the scene before her.

 

“What’s up?” Seungwan asked nonchalantly despite the light blush that covered her cheeks.

 

“Mom and Dad will be home soon, and since this was supposed to be a surprise, I was gonna suggest you cook dinner.  I miss your cooking and I think they’ll love it.”

 

Seungwan smiled at the idea, immediately agreeing with her sister’s idea.  “Yeah, that’s smart.” Seungwan turned to Joohyun before asking “Do you want to help me?”

 

Joohyun nodded wordlessly with a smile.  When Seungwan returned the smile the two girls stood up and walked over to the kitchen.  Just as Joohyun thought, the kitchen was amazing.  It looked like it came straight out of a magazine, and was surely large enough for the two of them to cook. For the next hour and a half Seungwan and Joohyun cooked dinner for the Son family.  By the time they were done, the front door was heard being unlocked, indicating the Seungwan’s parents were home.  Seungwan rushed to greet them first while Joohyun followed behind slowly, enjoying the obvious excitement in her girlfriend.

 

“Mom!  Dad!”

 

Seungwan ran into the arms of her two very surprised parents.  They hugged her tight, not even noticing Irene standing a couple feet away.

 

“Seungwan!  What are you doing here?” Mrs.Son asked as she broke the hug.  

 

Mr.Son smiled bright, happy to see his daughter “Seungwan, what a surprise!  We are happy you’re here.”

 

Seungwan smiled before turning to Joohyun “I brought someone to.”

 

All eyes turned to Joohyun, making her only slightly nervous.  She bowed as she introduced herself “Hello Mr. and Mrs. Son, I am Bae Joohyun.”

 

“My girlfriend!” Seungwan exclaimed loudly, making Joohyun blush.

 

Mrs. Son rushed over to hug Joohyun, quickly saying “Only hugs here darling.”

 

Mr. Son nodded before patting Seungwan on the back.  “Quite the looker you got there.  She could be a model!”

 

Seungwan smiled proudly “I know!”

 

Joohyun’s blush deepened.  It surprised her how honest Seungwan was being right now.  She cleared in an attempt to regain her composure “We made dinner if you’re hungry...”

Although Joohyun said it in a quiet voice, everyone heard.

 

“Yes!  We would love dinner, thank you so much!” Mrs. Son then looked toward her daughter “Seungwan, go get your sister so we can eat as a family.”

 

Seungwan did as she was told, quickly going upstairs to get Seunghee.  As Mr. and Mrs. Son made their way to the dining room, Joohyun was left standing in shock.  She had never seen a family this welcoming and close.  Perhaps it was because she grew up in Korea, but she never thought her family was lacking love until she met the Sons.  Rather than focusing on her family, Joohyun chose to focus on the warm she felt with the Sons.  As Seungwan came down the stairs with a smile, beckoning the older girl to follow her to the dining room, Joohyun knew she was right where she wanted to be.

 


AN: Sorry for the slightly late chapter :( also I'm sorry that it's a bit shorter than usual :(

I've been so busy lately, but I'll be sure to post a full chapter on time next week:)

I hope you all enjoyed and please look forward to next week's chapter!