Chapter 10

Wrong Number

When Seungwan had gone outside Joohyun had made it far enough to where the younger girl couldn’t spot her.  But Seungwan knew that Joohyun’s stamina was pretty low, so she couldn’t have gotten too far.  She started in the neighborhood, but within 15 minutes she covered the whole area (which was quite impressive).  She then decided to continue down the road she and Joohyun took to get to the house.

 

Luckily she found Joohyun at a park they had passed while coming to the house.  Seungwan ran to the park bench that Joohyun was sitting on, not wanting the girl to get any more wet.  She quickly ped her leather jacket and draped it over Joohyun, regardless of how wet the older girl already was.

 

“Joohyun, what happened?” Despite the rain, Seungwan could still tell the Joohyun had been crying.

 

“My parents they...” she faltered, unable to continue her sentence.

 

In response Seungwan took Joohyun’s hand with both of her own “It okay, you can tell me anything.”

 

Joohyun nodded before continuing.  “I told them and they didn’t have the best reaction.”

 

Although Joohyun was vague, Seungwan knew exactly what Joohyun was referring to.  She could see new tears forming in her girlfriend’s eyes, so she wrapped her arms around her in a comforting hug.

 

“Parents don’t always know what’s best.  They don’t always know everything, they learn at the same time we do.  What they heard was something new and different, so they didn’t think it was the best for you.  Give them time to learn, to understand, it’s the only thing you can do.”

 

“And if the don’t understand?”

 

Seungwan sincerely hopped it wouldn’t come to that.  She pulled away from the hug to look Joohyun in the eyes “Then we deal with that when the problem arises.  If you worry about a scenario that might never come, then yo-“

 

“Then I won’t enjoy myself.” Joohyun cracked her first smile “Do you use that saying a lot?”

 

Seungwan chuckled as Joohyun giggled.  The younger girl then stood up, offering her hand to Joohyun.  As they both stood, smiling at each other, Joohyun was overcome with so much fondness.  

 

“You always know what to say, don’t you?”

 

Seungwan flashed a charming smile as a response, which Joohyun found quite endearing.  Instead of telling the younger girl how thankful she was, she decided to convey it through a kiss.  As their lips connected it was as if nothing else mattered.  Joohyun ignored the rain, the cold, the negative thoughts surrounding her parents, and just focused on Seungwan’s lips moving against their own.

 

They both parted with smiles on their faces, probably looking like two idiots in the rain.

 

“I think we should head back.  I don’t want you to catch a cold.”

 

Joohyun really didn’t want to go back to that house, and that must’ve been evident from the look on her face.

 

“We don’t have to stay there.  We’ll go back, clean up, pack our things then get the first train out of here.”

 

Seungwan was so considerate.  Joohyun didn’t want to ruin their little trip, but it seems it was already too late for that. “Okay.”

 

Luckily when the two made it back to the house, probably about 2 hours after Joohyun had left, Mr. and Mrs. Bae weren’t waiting for them.  The two girls quickly washed up and packed everything they brought.  As they were leaving the house umbrellas in hand to fight the rain, they were stopped by Joohyun’s mother.

 

“Joohyun.”

 

Both girls turned to face Mrs.Bae.  She didn’t look mad, which was good in Seungwan’s eyes, but then again, she didn’t know the women very well.

 

“Mother, what you say doesn’t matter.  It won’t change the fact that I care about Seungwan.”

 

Mrs.Bae seemed to carefully think about her next words.  “I just want the best for you, I-“

 

“I know.  I just hope you can eventually figure out what the best for me is.  Call me when you have.”

 

The two girls then left the house, leaving Mrs.Bae alone to think about her daughters words.  

 


 

Seungwan and Joohyun made it to the train stations rather quickly, and luckily the train was relatively empty.  They sat together with their hands intertwined and with Joohyun’s head resting on Seungwan’s shoulder.

 

“You know, we’re already packed for a week long vacation.”

 

Joohyun lifted her head off of Seungwan’s shoulder, giving her girlfriend a questioning look.  “Yeah?  And?”

 

Seungwan shifted her gaze to Joohyun.  “Why should we waste this opportunity? We should just spend the holidays somewhere else.”

 

“Hmm ok.” Joohyun rested her head back on Seungwan’s shoulder.  “Where to then?”

 

“I was thinking that we could go see my parents.”

 

Joohyun lifted her head abruptly, looking at Seungwan with wide eyes.  “In Canada?!”

 

“Yeah.”  Seungwan answered as if it was now big deal.

 

“I don’t know, that sounds expensive..”

 

“Don’t worry about that.”  Seungwan smiled, tapping Joohyun’s nose “I can take care of that.”

 

Joohyun shook her head “No, I can’t let you do that!  You’re a student and living on your own!”

 

“Trust me, I’ll be fine.  Just let me take care of you for a week, it’s the least I can do.  I really want to cheer you up, plus I really want you to meet my family.”

 

“You promise it won’t break your bank?”

 

Seungwan laughed at the term Joohyun used.  “Yes, I promise it won’t break my bank.”

 

Joohyun smiled, happy with Seungwan’s reply.  “Okay then, I guess there are no other issues.  We can go.”

 

Joohyun didn’t think it was possible, but the smile on Seungwan’s face grew even bigger.  “Thank you.”

 


AN:  Hey everyone!  I updated early because *drum roll please*

I WENT TO THE REDMARE CONCERT IN LA!!!

I saw Red Velvet live on the 7th, which was Day 1 of the Redmare USA tour!

All I will say is that they were amazing :) Maybe I'll post a pic later (if you guys want).

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!