Chapter 6

Wrong Number

Two weeks had passed since Joohyun had met Seungwan, and it has been the best two weeks of her life.  After the fight with Bogum, Seungwan took to hanging out with Joohyun even more often, and Joohyun wasn’t complaining.  Seungwan made time for Joohyun almost everyday, and the two of them spent hours together without ever getting tired of each other.

 

Joohyun also got closer to Joy and Seulgi.  Enjoying nights out with the two girls made her realize that they were as beautiful inside as they were on the outside.  Joohyun had seen little of Yeri, the girl who lived with Seungwan, but that was about to change tonight. 

 

Joohyun was invited over for a movie night at Seungwan’s apartment.  Joy and Seulgi was supposed to be there along with Yeri.  Joohyun was excited to spend time with everyone, but most of all she was excited to cuddle with Seungwan.  Well, she was going to try and cuddle with Seungwan.

 

Since it was a movie night she decided to dress nicely but also comfortably.  She settled on a pair of shorts and a baggy t-shirt.  She knew it would get cold later on, but her outfit would give her the perfect opportunity to cuddle with Seungwan for warmth.

 

When Joohyun finally reached Seungwan’s apartment and knocked on the door, it was Yeri who answered.  As soon as she recognized Joohyun a big grin split on her face.

 

“Hi Unnie.  Good to see you again.”

 

Joohyun smiled back, enjoying the contagious energy the younger had.  “Nice to see you again Yeri.  Can I come in?”

 

“Of course Unnie.”  Yeri opened the door even more to let Joohyun in.  “Joy and Seulgi are on the couch picking a movie and Wendy is in the kitchen preparing popcorn.  Choose wisely.”

 

Joohyun watched as Yeri ran off to the couch to join Joy and Seulgi.  Without thought Joohyun found herself walking towards the kitchen, spotting Seungwan almost immediately.

 

“Hey.” She said shyly, smiling as Seungwan turned around.

 

“Joohyun!  I hope you like horror movies cause that’s what the others are going to pick without you there.”

 

Joohyun hated horror, but she’d prefer to be in the kitchen with Seungwan.  Plus, it gives her another reason to cuddle up to her later.  “That’s fine.  Are you only making popcorn?”

 

“And hot chocolate!” Seungwan answered as she grabbed mugs.  “It’s going to get cold tonight so I thought hot chocolate would be nice.”

 

“Hot chocolate would be amazing.”  Joohyun said with a smile.  She continued to watch Seungwan make the hot chocolate, enjoying the comfortable silence before a breeze rushed through, causing Joohyun to shiver.

 

“You must be freezing huh?  Hold on, let me get you a hoodie.”  Seungwan rushed out of the kitchen and returned with an oversized hoodie.  When Joohyun put it on she was engulfed in Seungwan’s scent, a soft vanilla.

 

“Thank you.”  She said, hiding her nose in the sleeve.

 

Seungwan chuckled before passing Joohyun the popcorn “Take this out to the girls, I’ll be out in a sec with the hot chocolate.”

 

Joohyun did as she was told, walking out to find Joy, Seulgi, and Yeri squished on the couch.  She handed the youngest the popcorn and leaned on the couch’s arm.

 

“I don’t think there’s enough space for all of us on the couch.”

 

Joy giggled before turning her attention towards Joohyun.  “Yeri usually lays on the floor.  You know, like a dog, cause she’s a-“

 

“Okay!” Seulgi interjected before Joy could finish.  “Me and Joy will squish over her and you and Wendy can squish over there.  Unless you want to lay on the floor with Yeri.”

 

Yeri smirked as she threw a blanket on the floor.  “Yeah, despite what that giant says, it’s actually quite comfortable!”

 

“What did you call me?”

 

“Looks like I came in time to see world war 3!” Seungwan managed to calm Joy down and sat down on the couch, patting the spot next to her for Joohyun.  Joohyun sat where Seungwan indicated and causally leaned into her.  She was elated when felt Seungwan’s arm wrap around her shoulders.

 

“Start the movie!” Yeri yelled with a mouth full of popcorn.  Seulgi quickly shot up from the couch to turn off the lights, then started the movie as she sat back down.

 

The movie started off pretty eerie, but as the jump scares started appearing Joohyun found herself holding onto Seungwan for dear life.  Seungwan on the other hand found the jump scares funny, and was often chuckling as Joohyun’s face was in the crook of her neck. 

 

Eventually two hours passed and the movie was over.  Joy and Seulgi said their goodbyes and left together.  Yeri had somehow fallen asleep during the scary movie, leaving Seungwan to carry her to her bed.  Joohyun had decided to wash dishes while Seungwan tucked Yeri in. 

 

After a couple of minutes Seungwan emerged from Yeri’s room and entered the kitchen to find Joohyun doing the dishes.  “You can just leave those there, I’ll do them later.”

 

Joohyun shook her head “I’m almost done anyways.”

 

As she finished Joohyun wiped her hands off, then turned to Seungwan.  She was surprised to see Seungwan staring at her with a fond look in her eyes.  When Joohyun smiled Seungwan seemed to finally realize that she was caught staring.

 

Seungwan coughed as her cheeks turned red “Sorry, uh, I was just..”

 

“It’s fine.” Joohyun said with a smile.  

 

Seungwan gave Joohyun an appreciative smile then grabbed a two jackets.  “I’ll walk you home.  I’m pretty sure it’s snowing outside, so you should put on another jacket.”

 

Joohyun accepted the jacket that was offered to her as she regretted wearing shorts.  The walk was relatively short anyways, plus she’d have Seungwan there which would keep her warm.

 

As they stepped out they found out that Seungwan was correct, it was snowing outside but not heavily.  Joohyun immediately grabbed onto Seungwan’s arm and leaned in her side, loving the warmth that she emitted.  The walk to Joohyun’s apartment was silent but comfortable, the two girls were simply enjoying each other’s company.  When they reached her apartment Joohyun reluctantly let go of Seungwan’s arm.  She turned to face the younger with a sad smile, she was upset that she had to say bye to Seungwan.

 

Just as Joohyun opened to speak, Seungwan interrupted her “I have to tell you something.”

 

Joohyun felt startled by the serious tone of Seungwan’s voice and stayed mum, waiting for the other girl to continue.

 

“I uh.... I don’t want you to misread my intentions.”

 

Joohyun’s heart started beating faster as fear settled in her stomach.  What if she doesn’t like me?  What if I was misreading everything?

 

“You should know that -and this might be shocking since it’s not widely accepted here in South Korea, but I feel that it’s important that you know, I’m gay.”

 

Joohyun almost breathed a sigh of relief, but it looked like Seungwan wasn’t done talking, so she waited patiently for Seungwan to get her thought out.

 

Upon seeing no visual reaction from Joohyun, Seungwan decided to continue.  “Everything that you do, which is probably what friends do here in Korea, sets alarms off in my brain.  And I know you might not do it on purpose!  Skin ship is normal here, I get that, but..” Seungwan seemed to struggle with what she was going to say next, she ended up taking a deep breath before saying it.  “Whether you meant for this or not, I think I should tell you that I have a crush on you.  A big one...”

 

Joohyun couldn’t contain her happiness and smiled big.  This seemed to confuse Seungwan so she quickly began speaking.  “I have never liked a girl before,” Seungwan seemed to deflate at that statement, which made Joohyun want to finish her statement even quicker “but I really like you.”

 

Seungwan looked up with wide eyes to see a blushing Joohyun with a big smile on her face.  Without thought Seungwan leaned in to kiss Joohyun.  Joohyun panicked for a second, but as soon as Seungwan’s lips touched hers, she relaxed and reciprocated the kiss.  The kiss probably lasted for less than a minute but it felt like forever, and when the two girls separated they both sported a heavy blush on their cheeks.

 

“Wow...” Joohyun had unknowingly murmured.  She had never felt so warm during a kiss, it was so perfect.

 

Seungwan grinned charmingly, making Joohyun swoon.  “You should head up, it’s getting cold.” 

 

Joohyun reluctantly started heading inside, as she reached the door she turned for one last look at Seungwan.  The younger winked and blew a kiss, making Joohyun groan at the greasiness.  Crazy how this girl’s confidence went up after she found out that her feelings were reciprocated.  Joohyun entered the building and started walking to her apartment with a dumb smile on her face, she was definitely texting Seungwan later on in the night.

 

As she enter her apartment a chill passed through her.  She looked over to find a window open.  Did she leave that open when she left?  Joohyun walked over to close the window, but just as she did that she hear a sound.  It sounded like something was knocked over…

 

Joohyun remained still as her heartbeat sped up.  Was someone in her apartment?  Joohyun quickly unlocked her phone and dialed up Seungwan’s number.  She was still nearby, so hopefully she’d be able to come over and help.  As the phone rang Joohyun’s fear began to grow.  Slowly she made her way to the door, ready to bolt if need be.  Suddenly she heard another noise, then the only the thing she could hear was her loud heartbeat.


AN: Hi everyone!  Thanks for the kind messages :)

I'm feeling a lot better and have finished all of my college applications so yay! 

Sorry again for being late, but I should be back on schedule now :)

I hope everyone is streaming RBB, please go support our girls! 

P.S. I love it when you guys call me author-nim ;)