Chapter 7

Wrong Number

“Joohyun?”

 

“Seungwan!” Joohyun whispered harshly, not wanting to alert the intruder.

 

“Why are you whispering?  Are you okay?”

 

“Please come back!  I think someone is in my apartment!” Joohyun said urgently.

 

“What?! I’m on my way!” Joohyun could hear Seungwan’s heavy footsteps through the phone “Wait in the hallway for me!”

 

Joohyun quickly left her apartment and stood by the door “Okay I’m in the hallway...”

 

“I’m almost... there...” Seungwan was heard panting over the line, reassuring Joohyun that Seungwan was coming to protect her.

 

Only minutes later Seungwan appeared, out of breath and concerned. “Are you...okay?”

 

Joohyun nodded as she let Seungwan rest.  Once she caught her breath both girls turned their attention to the door.

 

“I swear if it’s Bogum...” Seungwan roughly grabbed the door knob and enter the apartment, surprising Joohyun.

 

“Get out here you prick!” Joohyun was even more surprised at Seungwan’s rough language, but her bravado was greatly appreciated.

 

Seungwan then grabbed an umbrella off of Joohyun’s table and began searching the apartment.  Once she reached a particular room Joohyun spoke up. “That’s my room... I heard the noise from in there...”

 

Seungwan took a deep breath and opened the door, but all that came out was a cat.  Joohyun shrieked as Seungwan began laughing, dropping the umbrella. “Hahaha, it was just a cat!  You had me worried there.”  Seungwan felt Joohyun grab onto her tightly, confusing her.  “You still spooked cause of that movie?  Wow, you’re so cute.”

 

“No!  I mean yes but that’s not the main problem!” Joohyun held on tighter as the cat got closer.  “I’m scared of animals...”

 

Seungwan looked at Joohyun like she was crazy “Like, all animals?  Even this cute little cat?”

 

As if on cue the cat meowed, looking up at Seungwan and Joohyun.  Seungwan bent down to get a closer look while Joohyun backed up to put some distance between her and the animal.

 

“Looks like a stray, poor thing.” Seungwan started to gently pet the cat, the cat purring in response.

 

“W-what should we do with it?” Joohyun was embarrassed that she stuttered, but she couldn’t help it, animals have always scared her.

 

“There’s nowhere for it to go tonight... I could probably deal with it in the morning.  Don’t worry, I’ll take it home, you scaredy-cat.”

 

“You’re going home?” Joohyun asked in a small voice.

 

Seungwan turned her attention to Joohyun, the older girl looked smaller than usual.  Upon seeing this Seungwan stood up and got closer to Joohyun “Do you want me to?”

 

Joohyun looked up at Seungwan’s warm eyes and comforting smile.  Seungwan made Joohyun feel safe, and she wasn’t afraid to admit it.  “After the movie, and the cat, I kinda don’t want to be alone...”

 

Seungwan reached out and grabbed Joohyun’s waist, pulling her closer.  Joohyun responded by wrapping her arms around Seungwan’s neck, it surprised her out instinctive that movement was.

 

“Say no more.  I’ll stay.”

 

It occurred to Joohyun that Seungwan was the best thing that had happened to her in a while.  The feeling that she felt with Seungwan was like no other, and she was reminded of that right at this moment.  

 

“Are we dating?” Joohyun asked suddenly.  She realized that they never addressed that earlier.

 

“If you’d be willing to make me the happiest girl alive.”

 

Joohyun giggled at Seungwan’s greasiness.  “Gosh, you make it sound like a marriage proposal!”

 

Seungwan winked as a reply, only serving to make Joohyun laugh harder.  

 

“So?”

 

Joohyun leaned in and kissed Seungwan as an answer.  This kiss was different from the first, it was more passionate.  Seungwan tightened her grip on Joohyun’s waist, and Joohyun wrapped her arms even tighter around Seungwan’s neck.  Eventually the two girls broke apart for air, and when Joohyun saw Seungwan’s wide grin she blushed deeply.

 

“Thank you, Joohyun.” Seungwan rested her forehead on Joohyun’s “I’m gonna make you happy, I promise.”

 

Joohyun giggled again, but didn’t move.  “Is this how they do things in Canada?”

 

Seungwan chuckled before answering “Well, normally you’d ask the parents first...”

 

Joohyun’s eyes widened as her thought drifted to her parents.  How would they react to this?  Joohyun always introduces her boyfriends to her parents, but this time she’d be bringing home a girl.  Up to this point she had been surprisingly calm while experiencing her new found uality, but the thought of her parents reacting badly scared her.

 

“Joohyun?  You okay?” The concern in Seungwan’s voice snapped Joohyun out of her thoughts.

 

“Yeah, it’s just... my parents...”

 

Seungwan seemed to understand.  She took her hands off of Joohyun’s waist and instead grabbed her hands.  “Hey, don’t worry, baby steps.  It’s your first time with a girl, so uh, I understand.  That was stupid of me to say, I’m sorry.”

 

Joohyun shook her head and opened to protest, but then she felt the cat rub up against her leg.  Joohyun shrieked and jumped on Seungwan, wrapping her arms and legs around her. 

 

Seungwan, surprisingly, stayed upright and began to laugh loudly, but was suddenly quieted by a loud knock from the ceiling.

“I think your neighbors hate me.”

 

Joohyun giggled and hugged Seungwan tighter.  “I’m sleepy.”

 

Seungwan walked into Joohyun’s room and gently laid her down on the bed.  She seemed unsure of herself so Joohyun grabbed her wrist and pulled her down on the bed.  “Keep me warm.”

 

Hesitantly, Seungwan wrapped her arms around Joohyun, holding her tight.  The cat then jumped on the bed, but Joohyun ignored it so she could enjoy the moment.  

 

“Goodnight Joohyun.”

 

Joohyun smiled to herself “Goodnight Seungwan.”

 

“Goodnight Kimchi.”

 

“Kimchi?” Joohyun asked.

 

“Oh, I named the cat.”

 

Joohyun giggled and snuggled into Seungwan.  Eventually she fell asleep engulfed in the warmth that the younger emitted.


AN: Hey everyone! 

I decided to upload sooner because everyone was worried, lol

I figured the length of the chapter is okay since I updated early :)

Also, does anyone have Zepeto? It's a fun app!  

Download it and add me!  Friend code: ANX5RN