Chapter 14

Wrong Number

When Joohyun woke up she found that she was in bed alone despite having slept with Seungwan.  She groggily sat up and made her way to the bathroom to wash up before heading downstairs.  Joohyun could smell breakfast being made and could hear the two Son sisters laughing as she made her way to the kitchen.

 

“Good morning.” Joohyun said sleepily as she walked into the kitchen.

 

Seungwan smiled and made her way to Joohyun, quickly giving her a peck on the lips “Morning beautiful.”

 

Seunghee made gagging noise, then began to laugh after Seungwan punched her in the arm.

 

“Ow haha, someone has been working out.”

 

Seungwan smiled smugly before returning to her cooking.  “Breakfast will be ready soon Joohyun, you can relax in the living room and I’ll bring it out to you.”

 

“Thank you.”  Joohyun flashed a smile at the younger girl then made her way to the living room.  The t.v. was already on and playing the news, but Joohyun didn’t understand a word of it due to it being in English.  She let her mind wander a bit, and before she knew it breakfast was right in front of her.

 

“Eat up, I hope you like it.  It’s just eggs and pancakes, but with the best maple syrup it the world.”

 

Joohyun remembered how popular maple syrup was in Canada and was actually very excited to try it.  When she took her first bite she was not disappointed.  “Seungwan!  This is so good!”

 

Seungwan laughed as she saw Joohyun practically inhale the food in front of her.  Usually it was Seungwan who was finished eating first because the older girl liked to take her time, but this time it was Joohyun who had finished first.

 

“Where are you guys going today?” Seunghee asked from the kitchen where she was washing dishes.

 

“I’m going to take her into town so she can look at how different the architecture is.  Oh and to the diner so she can try the fries!”  Seungwan had a huge smile on her face and sounded so excited.  It made Joohyun feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

 

“Good idea.”  Seunghee replied as she joined them in the living room.  “How about tomorrow?”

 

“It’s supposed to be somewhat warmer tomorrow so I planned a little hike on the trail we used to go to.  The view is killer.”

 

Sunghee nodded, agreeing with her sister.  Joohyun couldn’t wait to go on the hike, she has always loved good views.

 

“It sounds like you got it all planned out.”

 

“Yep.” Seungwan said proudly.  “The day after tomorrow I’m gonna take her sledding or something like that.  Then the next day will be a rest day.”

 

It warmed Joohyun’s heart to see how much Seungwan had prepared for her.  No one had ever gone to that extent to ensure her a fun trip.

 

“Thank you.”  She said suddenly, surprising Seungwan.  “You’re the best.”

 

Seungwan smiled “I try.”

 

“Okay I’m going to get a cavity if I stay here any longer.”  Joohyun laughed at Seunghee’s joke as she took her plate into the kitchen, deciding to eat in there instead.  

 

“Since you’re finished you can get ready, make sure to dress warmly.  I’ll be up in a second.”

 

“Ok.”  Joohyun then went upstairs to change, putting on the warmest clothes she brought.  Joohyun checked herself in the mirror, making sure she looked presentable, but was startled when a voice suddenly spoke.

 

“I hope you know you’re beautiful, you don’t have to check yourself out in the mirror.”

 

“Seungwan!  You scared me!” Joohyun said as she looked at the younger girl through the mirror.

 

Seungwan laughed before coming up behind Joohyun, hugging her from behind and resting her head on the older’s shoulder.

 

“Are you ready to go love?”

 

Joohyun hadn’t noticed it before, maybe because it came out so naturally, but Seungwan calling her “love” made her feel incredible.  Seungwan had singlehandedly changed Joohyun’s life for the better, and it was moments like these that made Joohyun realize that the little things matter.

 

Joohyun turned her head and kissed Seungwan on the cheek “Yes, lets go.”

 

The two girls spent the day exploring the town, and Seungwan made Joohyun try every food that was unfamiliar to the older girl.  By the time they returned to the Son household it was late, and the two of them fell asleep immediately after washing up. 

 

Joohyun woke up in a similar fashion to the day before, finding Seungwan downstairs making a delicious breakfast.  After eating the two got dressed for the hike Seungwan had planned.

 

The hike was more tiring than Joohyun had thought it would be.  Seungwan was fit, Joohyun had known this, but the fact that the younger girl wasn’t breaking a sweat while Joohyun felt like she was dying was pretty impressive.

 

“Just..one more.. stop.”

 

Seungwan laughed, pulling out a water from her bag and handing it to Joohyun.  “Don’t worry Love, we’re almost there.  Just wait till you see the view.”

 

Joohyun finished off the water, handing the empty bottle of water back to Seungwan.  “This is quite the workout Seungwan-ah.  How often did you say you took this trail.”

 

The couple continued walking up the trail, Seungwan taking a slower pace so that Joohyun could talk without difficulty.  “I came up here at least once a week.  Whenever I had to clear my mind, or when I was missing my parents.”

 

Joohyun nodded, appreciating the fact that Seungwan was showing her little sanctuary.  

 

“Here we are.”

 

The two of them had come up upon a clearing at the top of the trail, where the edge was clear of any tree so that visitors could see the view with no obstruction.  Joohyun quickly ran to the edge with new found energy, excited to see the view.  It was breathtakingly beautiful, Joohyun could see why Seungwan would take the journey to see this view so often.

 

“Come on, I brought some food.  Let’s eat and wait for sunset.”

 

Joohyun turned to find Seungwan setting up a picnic, making her heart melt.  It was all so romantic; what did she do to deserve Seungwan?

 

Joohyun sat down right next to Seungwan, wrapping her arms around the younger girl in an affectionate hug.  “You are so special... Thank you Seungwan.”

 

Seungwan blushed as she wrapped her arms around Joohyun.  “I’m supposed to be the cheesy one.”

 

Joohyun laughed, playfully hitting Seungwan.  The two of them then ate in comfortable silence, enjoying the changing colors of the sky as the sun set.  The atmosphere gave made Joohyun ponder the new developments in her life, more specifically Seungwan.  What Joohyun felt for Seungwan was very different than what she has felt for anyone in the past before.  It was only now that she realized that this might be the beginnings of love.  It’s too soon to tell, but Joohyun could definitely see herself falling in love Seungwan. 

 

Joohyun rested her head on Seungwan’s shoulder, and the younger reacted by wrapping her arm around Joohyun.  Yeah, Joohyun has probably already started falling for Son Seungwan.


AN: Ahhhh I'm sorry for updating late!  This past week has been very hectic!

Also I'm sorry for the quality of the chapter.  I honestly believe that I got kind of lazy and it's not as good as it could be, but I figured you guys would want an update.

I promise I'll update on time next week and the chapter will be much better!

Anyways, I just want to give a thanks to everyone who comments!  Even though I don't always respond I still read every comment and they really push me to be a better writer.  Thank you everyone for reading my story and I hope you continue to enjoy it!